PDA

View Full Version : Defiance @ Playstation Experience

Baby_drew
1st Jul 2003, 17:21
Just read that Defiance will have a stand at Playstation Experience @ earls court (20 mins on the tube from where i live:D)

So BITE ME!

PLAYSTATION EXPERIENCE (http://www.playstationexperience.com/)

Sarah
1st Jul 2003, 17:25
Oh my goodness....
I think that's all I can politely say.....

Apocrypha Roxy
1st Jul 2003, 17:53
Bring a camera. (Don't use flash, or it will reflect on the screen)

Play the Demo.

Look at the Pause Screen.

Tell us all about it.

That is an order, young lady! :mad: :p

I expect a full report, with details. I'm counting on you, soldier!

In other words, give us the full scoop. And have fun!

:D

Baby_drew
1st Jul 2003, 18:51
Young Lady???????

Vampmaster
1st Jul 2003, 19:06
She must have been thinking you're Drew as in Drew Barrymore as opposed to Drew short for Andrew (or what ever else).

Anyways, do what she said and take pictures!

Baby_drew
1st Jul 2003, 19:11
okay dokey then now i just have to find the £7 entry fee!!!!!!!!!! - well i am a student!

InsaneScorpion331
1st Jul 2003, 20:20
lucky you. i can never go to events like that, but pictures would be nice. (just make sure its not in an illegal way like mine, which i`m very sorry for):D
have fun down there.

Tripp
2nd Jul 2003, 01:02
Thats cool, ill be there unless there is a demo released before august, anyone else going??

Apocrypha Roxy
2nd Jul 2003, 01:06
You're a guy?

(this brings to mind the Do You Think Raz is Sexy thread, last page)

I'm SOO sorry! I just figured with the 'baby', you were a girl. I know, sexist of me, but it was an honest mistake!

They're gonna feed me to Magnus!:eek:

I'm really, really, really sorry. I had no intention of questioning your gender. :o

Okay, then, young MAN, take some damn pictures - I get first dibs on seeing them!

See the advantages of calling 'shotgun'?

I'm baaad :p

Lady Kreliana
2nd Jul 2003, 03:06
No, Roxy,we won't feed you to Magnus. We'll just cast you in the abyss. :)

Baby_drew
2nd Jul 2003, 07:05
No need to be sorry Roxy!!!! *Huges*
:-) and ill do my best to take some snaps. I wouldnt get in toruble for doing that surely?????????

Omega
2nd Jul 2003, 11:15
Oh. My. God!

If only I knew sooner, if only I could get the time off work. If only I had the £40-£50 train-return ticket from Liverpool to London.... if only :(

Edit

I see theres a new Buffy the Vampire Slayer game in the works... why wasn't I informed about this?

Theres also an SSX 3 (as much as I loathe EA games, the SSX series isn't half bad, probably the only sports games that I like), a new Warhammer 40,000 game, and a new Medal of Honour game (one of three EA games I like [SSX, Medal of Honour, and Xena]).

This years going to be pretty sweet for new games ;)

Apocrypha Roxy
2nd Jul 2003, 18:15
I second that, Omega.

:p

Drew: If they question you, say that you're doing a special report for a large fanbase - authorized by Eidos. Hey, if you support the Production company, they shouldn't give you any beef. Maybe GM or the Butterfly Lord will even write out a letter for you.
See? Yer special! :D
And if anything goes wrong, take a few quick snaps, and run like the Hounds of Hell are on your tail!

Krel: Small comfort knowing I'll be dunked in a huge vat of acid, rather than ripped to pieces and then eaten. :rolleyes:

Omega
2nd Jul 2003, 22:36
Actually.. I may yet go!!

It's at the end of August... and I get paid at the end of each month *checks calendar* most likely the 29th... I will then go on the 30th...

Hopefully though. Man, I'm excited about this!

I just hope my parents will agree. Hell, may even bring a mate.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
3rd Jul 2003, 04:42
Getting someones gender wrong over the internet is fine. But in person is where the real problems begin.

"Excuse me sir.

Mam!

Oh..sorry, see you later human. Good luck in the future individual."

taken from Brian Regan's comedy CD.

L_Master562
3rd Jul 2003, 05:07
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, why can't stuff happen in New York (state, not the city, the city does have some things that happen).

Omega
4th Jul 2003, 22:24
The use of cameras and videos is not permitted

That was taken from their site :(

Ah well. I'm going. I've decided. Parents have agreed alls thats left is the time off work...

Omega
6th Jul 2003, 12:23
I am so, so happy. Totally.

I got the time off work :D

They said all games will have playable demos.... if there isn't one for Defiance I'll be extremely peeved to say the least (and thats putting it mildly ;)).

I'm going to order the tickets as soon as I hear from a mate who I've invited (well, dragging along more like... London's a scary big place, I hate getting lost).

All bow down to me, for I shall see Defiance straight from the source.... *crazed laugh*

Evelin The Winged
6th Jul 2003, 17:38
Originally posted by Lady Kreliana
We'll just cast you in the abyss. :)

Can you cast me in too?

Apocrypha Roxy
6th Jul 2003, 18:56
L_Master, you're all the way up in Syracuse?

Damn. :(

Hey, I can demand they have a game expo in MSG and you can hop down to the City, we'll chill.

(I never thought Brooklyn would have an advantage. I've been proven wrong.)

Here's the Demand:

Gaming companies, hold a game expo in NYC - or even in Keyspan Park, right here in Coney Island - for us on the East Coast. With camera privelages. Or we will... do something bad to you. That's right. Bad. We'll program your washing machines to eat a sock from each pair you own. See? BAD.

Love, loyal LoK fans. :D

Omega/Drew - perhaps you can write a synopsis or somethin' about it? Drag a notebook along with you, write down details - check the PAUSE menu! - and give us the scoop.

That's an order, young MEN. :p

Matt from Spam Buddies
6th Jul 2003, 19:01
What is Your obsession in seeing the Pause menu, Roxy? ;)

- Matthew

Apocrypha Roxy
6th Jul 2003, 20:52
Everyone wanted to see what the Pause menu looked like when... uh, what's his name went to the E3 expo and posted his review here for us.

So now I'm their collective voice. :)

And I want to know if it has that cool spikey text like the logo...

Evelin The Winged
7th Jul 2003, 16:19
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
Everyone wanted to see what the Pause menu looked like when... uh, what's his name went to the E3 expo and posted his review here for us.

It was Lucent who did that review. Today on Game Network's Flash News program, they were talking about Playstation Experience. They also listed some of the popular games that'll be there. I was REALLY PO'ed when they didn't announce LoK with The Italian job. I'm going to send that game channel an e-mail telling them to try and at least show the E3 trailer for the next week's weekend edition of flash news, because they said that the'll try and show a clip or something of Defiance, but nooo, I haven't seen anything. They show stuff like Half Life to and the new Full Throttle but so far...not a trace of LoK! Even in the Eidos E3 special! They had That new wrestling game, tomb raider (WTF? and no LoK?!), Deux Ex, and Thief 3. That's all. I swear, I've e-mailed thos guys before, they answered me, and yet they didn't show ANYTHING about Defiance!

Apocrypha Roxy
7th Jul 2003, 18:36
OoOoOo....

Thief 3... :)

Must get my grubby paws on that one (I love Garrett).

Game Network's Flash News? Where's this? If you say the UK, I have to bang my head into the wall. I know, I know, US gamers get things first, usually, but you guys get all the cool shows like Monty Python and Game Network and awesome documentaries. And you also have very nice gardens, if I may say so...

(I dig Monty Python. Wish they'd show it and reruns of Carol Burnett on tv. -sigh-)

Time Streamer
7th Jul 2003, 20:17
I'll be attending the event too to watch the Defiance and some other games first hand.

Omega/Drew, you shan't have all the fun. ;) A third viewpoint is always needed.
*Michievious laughter*

Omega
8th Jul 2003, 00:40
Well... I'll be there on the 30th (the Saturday) hopefully. May be a bit late as trains arn't what they once where *sighs*

But yeah, it should be totally sweet.

Apocrypha Roxy
8th Jul 2003, 02:06
Meet up - 3 heads are better than one, right? Three times the information we get - like the pause menu... ;)

Take a group picture!

Evelin The Winged
8th Jul 2003, 12:44
You can see Game Network anywhere in Europe and in some countires in the Middle East and Asia.

Apocrypha Roxy
9th Jul 2003, 17:12
Crap.

Guess I'll have to move to Italy, then...

Omega
10th Jul 2003, 01:06
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
Meet up - 3 heads are better than one, right? Three times the information we get - like the pause menu... ;)

Take a group picture!

Your going?!

By the by, who else apart from I is going?

Matt from Spam Buddies
10th Jul 2003, 10:47
What? 3 people attending already?

Man, all of You take Your cameras and start photographing! :D

Pause Menu, Raziel shifting, everythang! :D

- Matthew

Omega
10th Jul 2003, 12:45
Originally posted by Matt from Spam Buddies
What? 3 people attending already?

Man, all of You take Your cameras and start photographing! :D

Pause Menu, Raziel shifting, everythang! :D

- Matthew

They're not allowing us to take cameras in :(

Matt from Spam Buddies
10th Jul 2003, 14:12
I'm melting! Melting! Oh the cruel world...

- Matthew

Evelin The Winged
27th Jul 2003, 15:50
Guess what? Game Network showed the second trailer on the final weekend edition of Flash News! :D They do care about LoK! It still a shame that Defiance wasn't in the Eidos interviews though...

Vampmaster
27th Jul 2003, 16:56
Do you know if/when it's on again?

EDIT: Wait, it's just the trailers that are already on the net? Oh, forget it.

KainSyndrome101
27th Jul 2003, 20:00
Uhhh... what's Game Network?

Evelin The Winged
27th Jul 2003, 21:32
KainSyndrome101: Game Network is a game channel. Not a channel fr game shows, a video game channel.

Vampmaster: Yeah, it's just the second trailer, but it's nice to see that they didn't forget about Defiance.
BTW you also have game network?

Omega
28th Jul 2003, 20:25
I do... don't care for it much really though.