PDA

View Full Version : Defiance question

Bluevervain
1st Jul 2003, 01:57
To start, I'd like to apologize for any breaches of ettiquette or obvious ignorance I'm likely to display here, as I'm new to this whole thing. I read the rules, but stuff like where I should post this question and so forth, I've no clue. Sorry.

Also, if this question has been asked before, sorry for the repeat. I've looked around to see if it's been asked and/or answered, but if it has I haven't been able to find it. So I'm asking...

Now, as I understand it, in Defiance you get to play as both Kain and Raziel--not in a Resident Evil Zero switching-off kind of way, but in a Kain-chapter, Raziel-chapter way. Which sounds great, and I'm really looking forward to, by the way.

But what I really want to know is, when you're playing, will the character you're currently playing as (whichever that is) be traveling/fighting/puzzlesolving solo, or will the other main character, which you're not controlling, be with you? Run by 'friendly' AI, (rather than the 'unfriendly' AI of the enemies that attack you on sight) maybe? From the trailer I've seen, it kind of looks like there are at least some times where both Kain and Raziel are on the screen at the same time, but then again the screen was pretty small and I could be wrong...

Basically that's my question. When I heard that in Defiance the two main characters would be in a game together (on the same side) I thought it sounded really cool, but if there's no voluntary character switching, I'm wondering if they'll be working in a general cooperative sense (solo missions for each that work to achieve a mutual final goal) or in a literal cooperative sense, as in while you're fighting bad guys as Kain, Raziel is in there slugging alongside you, and vice versa.

I'd love to find out for sure, if anyone knows. Personally I'd prefer the 'literal cooperative' but I adore all the games and will definitely be buying it either way.

Thanks!

blincoln
1st Jul 2003, 03:07
My understanding is that Kain and Raziel won't be following each other around. Their paths will cross, but as far as I know it's not going to be like Primal (minus the character switching), for example. That would be especially tricky because apparently only Raziel can enter the spectral realm.

Wumpy Puppy
1st Jul 2003, 03:08
No, they won't be fighting alongside each other. They'll each have their own completely seperate missions, in different places (though their paths will sometimes cross, so you will visit some of the same places with each character). I'm pretty sure that it hasn't actually even been officially stated that they will be on the same side (no aspects of the story are being announced at this time), but I think its safe to assume that they won't be enemies.

Wumpy Puppy
1st Jul 2003, 03:10
Ah, sorry...you got to it first.