PDA

View Full Version : How I would like DXIW to be...

TheDeathAngael
1st Jul 2003, 01:14
Wouldn't u like the variety of weapons of the Raven Shield- the scenario of Fallout - The skills Of Systems Shock 2- The Augmentations Of DX1 - The Strategies of Hitman combined together?I Know i would...And for once pls make a game difficult enough like a good adventure & not a boring action game...Make the players think a litte more...

Trollslayer
1st Jul 2003, 18:49
Er, no. I'd rather have new gameplay elements than pre-made ones just slapped together.

TheDeathAngael
1st Jul 2003, 22:51
I didn't mean to have the exact same elements of the games that i refer to.But i choose these games because they have some good points. For examle the deaths of SOF II are the most realistic deaths in any game.Raven shield has an enormous variety of weapons etc.Eidos could combine some of these features to make an even better game...

Lawnboy360
1st Jul 2003, 23:23
Eidos wouldn't do that; they are the publisher. Ion Storm is developing the game. Beside, at this point, it's too late to make important changes to the game.

Loreleye
3rd Jul 2003, 16:51
Dont say that, Dungeon keeper came out 5 years after it where scheduled to! I sure dont hope that happends to IW, but I sure like the waiting for a better game!
Ive seen games getting changed over night before, cant give examples at this point, but ive seen it!
And becides, no one realy knows when it comes!
But a wise word to Ion storm, get a long game like the first game, it is much funnier! problems getting such a long story? no way you can, you guys who wrote the first game??????

Big Ragu
3rd Jul 2003, 18:17
Originally posted by Loreleye
Dont say that, Dungeon keeper came out 5 years after it where scheduled to! I sure dont hope that happends to IW, but I sure like the waiting for a better game!

We don't need another Daikatana *uhhg*

But, yeah, I really like a longer game. But I would like a long, deep game.

Icarus
4th Jul 2003, 06:33
If it ain't broke don't fix it.;)

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
4th Jul 2003, 07:22
maybe there will be an add-on, with another campaign and missions...

Daywalkermi
13th Jul 2003, 16:05
The problem with this post is that it is hard to disagree even if you dont agree, because if your asking me; do you want a big arsenal of good weapons or a small arsenal of good weapons, my answer would be obvious, but consider that each time something gets improved they have to sacrifice something else. Of course we all want the best in any department, but that is just not possible...

for instance, in Deus Ex graphics were like tenth on warrens priority list, so the game can't be considered beutiful, but we all know that the game is great anyway. Can you really say that Deus Ex would have been a better game if it had better graphics??

NoNicknameForMe
16th Jul 2003, 02:48
Isnt it obvious if you take the best parts from several games you'll have a good game?

There is always the skill of the team to contend with, but if one game has the best story telling, one game has the best weapons, and so on, copying those ideas can only help. It would be stupid to implement something bad when someone else is doing something better and you know about it.

nasher842002
16th Jul 2003, 05:59
I would like dxiw to be like dx1 but with a few changes make the enemy smarterm and keep the game long and please please please a multiplayer patch would be a nice touch to!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
16th Jul 2003, 07:31
Originally posted by NoNicknameForMe
Isnt it obvious if you take the best parts from several games you'll have a good game?

There is always the skill of the team to contend with, but if one game has the best story telling, one game has the best weapons, and so on, copying those ideas can only help.

I don't think copying the story would give a great game. it would be a remake of the same game, over again.

originality can be a good thing

and I think the best is not copying the great parts of the best game, but inventing better parts for the new one. if you just copy, there is no evolution,

Virus
25th Jul 2003, 17:37
I gotta agree with "Le Saveir". Although taking certain aspects of a game that you like would possibly make a good game, there wouldnt be any evolution. You have to expand on these ideas, and thats pretty much what the game companies do anyway.

PS> Copying a storyline doesnt sound like such a great idea to me. Storylines gotta be unique or its just the same game in a new engine. God how dull that would be if all games had the same storyline :(

El Padrino
30th Jul 2003, 13:25
Originally posted by Icarus
If it ain't broke don't fix it.;)

NO! That's the mantra of poor souls that don't innovate!

nasher842002
11th Aug 2003, 12:58
i didnt mean copy storyline i ment that there should be multible souloutions to problems like in deusex and that there should be more freedom in the game not copy the storyline and does anyone still play deusex multiplayer if so u might know me as agentnash

Trollslayer
11th Aug 2003, 13:05
Originally posted by nasher842002
i didnt mean copy storyline i ment that there should be multible souloutions to problems like in deusex

There will be.

and that there should be more freedom in the game

There will be as well.

Problem solved, then! Kthnxbye.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
11th Aug 2003, 13:14
ok, so let's sum up

Question : "How I would like DXIW to be?"
Answer : The best

(anything to add?)

Outcast
29th Aug 2003, 19:25
Answer: The best ever. :)

Icarus
29th Aug 2003, 22:52
Originally posted by El Padrino
NO! That's the mantra of poor souls that don't innovate!

*Bob Bobson runs away from Icarus' computer laughing evilly.*

auric
8th Oct 2003, 12:31
Deus Ex should stay Deus Ex but with improvements ofcourse.

Planning on adding different game ideas is great, but it will have to leave Deus Ex out of this plan, might as well create a new game then to ruin an original one.

So plan it on a new game, new title. With features of countless games all put together.

This may or may not ruin Deus Ex's name, but it only way to solve the problem about having all features together in a game without ruining DX2, or 3 or 4 or ......

Lawnboy360
8th Oct 2003, 13:22
DX3...

I'm sure Spector/Smith/etc already have a few ideas, where they want to bring DX... Spector did say in an interview with PC Gamer that they were going to tackle emotional limitations on NPCs in their future games, so for sure it'll have HL2 style facial animations (like most games when it comes out I guess).

auric
8th Oct 2003, 13:43
A number 3, interesting. Wonder what they could go on with, its best to leave open holes at the end of each episode, to make chances of another part later.

I may never get bored of this sequal, unless some fool make it sooo dull that it just for killing fun. Then I'll get bored depending on the story still.

Any idea what number 3 could be about?

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
8th Oct 2003, 14:02
I would suggest to wait until we all complete DX:IW before we give ideas for DX3, after all maybe some of our ideas are already in DX:IW

(and the storyline in DX:IW could give us a lot of ideas)

but when we complete it, I suggest a topic "story ideas for DX3"

Trollslayer
8th Oct 2003, 18:45
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
I would suggest to wait until we all complete DX:IW before we give ideas for DX3, after all maybe some of our ideas are already in DX:IW

(and the storyline in DX:IW could give us a lot of ideas)

but when we complete it, I suggest a topic "story ideas for DX3"

... im not sure i can stomach more "how i'd want my DX to be" threads... if it involves people going rampant with punching, multiplayer and being able to wear different clothes, i think i'll take a long vacation from the boards :mad:

Lawnboy360
8th Oct 2003, 20:48
Lol

We all know that's the way it will be anyway.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
9th Oct 2003, 07:39
hmmm I was more thinking of new locations, new storyline, new ennemies, new consipracies, etc

not the features (I trust Ion Storm for these)