PDA

View Full Version : Choose Your Favorite Minor Character

Icarus
30th Jun 2003, 20:42
I, AS SUPREME RULER OF THE WORLD, with a liittle help from JC and Daedalus, COMMAND YOU TO TELL ME WHAT YOUR FAVORITE MINOR CHARACTER WAS! Mine was Miguel, though he should have been given a better weapon.

[SYN] Nexus
30th Jun 2003, 22:09
Daedelus defenetly

Cerpin Taxt
30th Jun 2003, 23:21
Lucius DeBeers.

he da MAN!

Big Ragu
30th Jun 2003, 23:31
I'm playing through Deus Ex, again, and I decided to save Miguel from the secret Majestic 12 Headquarters. But what do I get for my troubles, I thought he'd show up later in the game or something cool, but I'm in Paris and so far nothing.

Anyway my favorite MINOR character is Miguel. My favorite MAJOR character is jock cause hes cool. And my least favorite character is the trooper who is on the couch with Shannon taking all my credit.

WSimons
1st Jul 2003, 01:58
I liked the kid who gives you the code to the passage behind the soda machine right before the Castle Clinton break-in.

Icarus
1st Jul 2003, 03:30
Originally posted by Big Ragu
I'm playing through Deus Ex, again, and I decided to save Miguel from the secret Majestic 12 Headquarters. But what do I get for my troubles, I thought he'd show up later in the game or something cool, but I'm in Paris and so far nothing.

Miguel never shows up again, probably to busy being attacked by police, MJ12, the U.N. , UNATCO, and the list goes on and on. I only wish that I had the option to give him an assault rifle or something so that he could be more help in a firefight. MODDERS I COMMAND YOU!

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
1st Jul 2003, 08:17
only gives you a couple of skill points

[SYN] Nexus
1st Jul 2003, 16:04
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
only gives you a couple of skill points
Really?! I didnt get any for it

Skylink
1st Jul 2003, 17:16
Nicolette
she's hot :D

WSimons
1st Jul 2003, 21:20
I like how she talks about losing her virginity outside her house!

Cerpin Taxt
2nd Jul 2003, 05:42
there should be more dialogue options, so you can be like, "Wanna lose it again?"

... come on, if you can get laid in Omikron (if anyone remembers that game) you should be able to get laid in Deus Ex!

WSimons
2nd Jul 2003, 07:25
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
there should be more dialogue options, so you can be like, "Wanna lose it again?"

Just wondering... how can you lose it twice?

Cerpin Taxt
2nd Jul 2003, 16:33
it's a jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooke... implying that uh, JC is ... well endowed... and would ... yeah.

Skylink
2nd Jul 2003, 17:12
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt

Haha, great idea :D

Big Ragu
2nd Jul 2003, 18:14
Now THAT would be a new interesting aspect of gameplay.

Cerpin Taxt
2nd Jul 2003, 18:23
See, Eidos?! The people agree with me! Let's make this game Adults Only!

Big Ragu
2nd Jul 2003, 18:41
I was flippin through an old PC Gamer and saw an advirtisement page page with a Duke Screw'em game. Just that that was funny... but anyway. I know it's impossible for Ion Storm to make an adults only game (too bad) cause they want to make money and have a good reputation (too bad). And they can't make a patch for "Adults only" either (pretty obvious why) but I think it would add some realism to the game if you could get "friendlier" with some of the characters.

Cerpin Taxt
2nd Jul 2003, 19:08
haha yeah I know... still, they could do it in a tasteful way (like in Omikron, the guy comes home, his wife is like "HIIIIIIIII!", mounts him, and the screen fades). I should play that game again. It was like... if David Bowie did Deus Ex.

Big Ragu
2nd Jul 2003, 19:18
I don;t really see the big deal about it really, I mean if a game can have you set a old lady on fire the pee on her (Postal 2) then why can't there be a little mature matter in IW. Oh well, it not that big of a deal.

Icarus
2nd Jul 2003, 19:52
I don;t really see the big deal about it really, I mean if a game can have you set a old lady on fire the pee on her (Postal 2) then why can't there be a little mature matter in IW. Oh well, it not that big of a deal.

DON'T EVEN SAY THAT NAME HERE! *throws holy water on Big Ragu* There, all better.

Big Ragu
2nd Jul 2003, 19:59
Sorry, I think I'm need an exorcism, but before I call a priest I would like to state that I hate *ostal 2. Some more water over here!

Icarus
2nd Jul 2003, 20:06
Sorry, I think I'm need an exorcism, but before I call a priest I would like to state that hate *ostal 2. Some more water over here!

I may not be sending a priest, but JC shall be over soon! >)
(no evil face option:( )

Big Ragu
2nd Jul 2003, 20:19
Bring him down here, I got some pea green vomit waiting.:eek:

Catman
2nd Jul 2003, 20:20
Originally posted by Icarus
(no evil face option:( ) How about an evil bunny?
http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/mrbunny/vampire.gif

Big Ragu
2nd Jul 2003, 20:25
But can he rotate his head in a 360 circle like this... *crack*...oh boy.

Catman
2nd Jul 2003, 20:40
He can't, but this teddy bear can.
http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/ted/tedblair.gif

Icarus
2nd Jul 2003, 20:57
Catman, those are the single most frightening and confusing things I have ever seen :eek: and Big Ragu, I'd better send Jaime there too.:rolleyes:

Big Ragu
2nd Jul 2003, 21:01
That'd be a good idea. And a medbot.

Icarus
5th Jul 2003, 04:37
That'd be a good idea. And a medbot.

Medbot, Shmedbot I'll give Jaime a knife.

Bio Denton
6th Jul 2003, 00:24
What does a vampire do if he chips his tooth?

Bio

"The I Hate Hamsters & Wooha Rules Conspiracy"

Icarus
7th Jul 2003, 00:44
Originally posted by Bio Denton
What does a vampire do if he chips his tooth?

Bio

*As the last sylable of the question left Bio Denton's mouth, it caused the space-time continuum to tear asunder and cause the end of all things*
Thanks a lot Bio Denton :mad:

;)

Bio Denton
7th Jul 2003, 12:01
*Looks around* Oh, this is what nothing looks like then. Lucky I activated my "It's all gone wrong" Aug at the last second, I guess..

Oh, hello Icarus, I see you survived universal armageddon, sorry about that. I've made a note not to cause any Universe-wide calamities again.

Originally posted by [SYN] Nexus
Really?! I didnt get any for it

He didn't make it :P

Oh yes, on topic.. I'd have to say.. that.. my favourite character.. from.. Deus Ex.. is.. *thinks*... is.. The dead guy in the collapsed tunnel, because I bet less than 12% of you found him :P

Bio

Icarus
7th Jul 2003, 19:28
*Looks around* Oh, this is what nothing looks like then. Lucky I activated my "It's all gone wrong" Aug at the last second, I guess..

Oh, hello Icarus, I see you survived universal armageddon, sorry about that. I've made a note not to cause any Universe-wide calamities again.

He didn't make it :P

Oh yes, on topic.. I'd have to say.. that.. my favourite character.. from.. Deus Ex.. is.. *thinks*... is.. The dead guy in the collapsed tunnel, because I bet less than 12% of you found him :P

Bio

I managed to get that "It's all gone wrong" augmentation as well.

Btw I guess I'm less than twelve percent of everyone here;)

bonemachine149
13th Jul 2003, 18:53
Originally posted by WSimons
I liked the kid who gives you the code to the passage behind the soda machine right before the Castle Clinton break-in.

I'm pretty sure that was Bobby from King of the Hill.

WSimons
17th Jul 2003, 23:56
Originally posted by bonemachine149
I'm pretty sure that was Bobby from King of the Hill.

Wow I do hear a resemblance!!

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Jul 2003, 09:37
by the way, I just realised i had forgotten to answer the poll

my favorite is the greasel, it's so cute (especially when you dispatch it with a GEP), and very useful (especially if you run faster than the scientists in the MJ12 facility).

Catman
22nd Jul 2003, 13:04
At VersaLife, if you open the door just right, the greasels are friendly.

Icarus
22nd Jul 2003, 16:58
Originally posted by Catman
At VersaLife, if you open the door just right, the greasels are friendly.

When I released the greasels at Versalife, not only were they friendly, but they attacked the staff, and if I remeber correctly I saw an MIB run away and an MJ12 trooper being hacked apart by a WIB. All because of a couple of 1' high green creatures that resembled Poke'mon.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
23rd Jul 2003, 07:53
didn't try this one. I had to much trouble finishing the greasel(and the kark) at MJ12 facility, while trying not to use to much ammo (I borrowed an assault gun from one guard, and used all the 7.62 ammo I usually never use), I didn't even try at versalife.

maybe next time

Montial
10th Aug 2003, 06:18

WEHEEEE! I FOUND HIM!

But it took me for*bloody*ever.

Icarus
10th Aug 2003, 07:20
I'd have to say.. that.. my favourite character.. from.. Deus Ex.. is.. *thinks*... is.. The dead guy in the collapsed tunnel, because I bet less than 12% of you found him :P

Btw How'd ya come up with 12% exactly, not 10 or 15% but 12%. Too accurate for anything human... IT'S A WITCH, BURN IT!!!

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
11th Aug 2003, 07:19
it's another AI, Icarus. you're not the only one anymore.

prepare for fight

Icarus
11th Aug 2003, 20:50
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
it's another AI, Icarus. you're not the only one anymore.

prepare for fight

Icarus and Bio Denton fight a battle so spectacular that all who saw it had there eyes burned out and their skin melted. So it couldn't be posted on the net or taped. So THERE!:p

Bio Denton
13th Aug 2003, 22:14
I... We..

Icarus
14th Aug 2003, 02:36
Icarus and Bio Denton fight a battle so spectacular that all who saw it had there eyes burned out and their skin melted. So it couldn't be posted on the net or taped. So THERE!:p

DRAT!!! Bob Bobson has gotten to my computer again and is typing bad things.

Bob: MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
14th Aug 2003, 09:16
DRAT!!! Bob Bobson has gotten to my computer again and is typing bad things.

didn't he melt with the others?

maybe he is trying to merge with you too

Bio Denton
15th Aug 2003, 12:33

*Shoves Icarus again and makes fun of his output resolution*

Neuromancer07
5th Sep 2003, 12:03
In my opinion the best minor character was the "Private Loyd" guy who sat at the desk when you first went into UNATCO HQ

Ahh... The things he said.

"It's my first day too, I'm pretty excited."
"I was in your class back at the academy."
"You probably don't remember."
"It was a big class."

Too bad you either kill him or knock him out, or run past like a sissy. The bad thing about the game is that except for major characters, the game doesn't have much of a distinction between enemies being knocked out or killed. Like in the statue mission, I went to the trouble of not killing ANYONE and paul still harped on about 'you killed a lot of people tonight.' Take note EIDOS!

Catman
5th Sep 2003, 12:44
Another point on killing: Paul makes no distinction on how the deaths occur. Is is my fault if they're stupid enough to try to take on the patrol bots while chasing me? :D

Bio Denton
8th Sep 2003, 10:30
You think that is bad? Just run straight past Paul without talking to him and he will run after you all the way into the statue, killing everyone.

He then has the audacity to have a go at YOU because HE killed everyone! Sheesh!

Icarus
12th Sep 2003, 23:58
*Shoves Icarus again and makes fun of his output resolution*
*Activates a nanite detonator*

-=ThøR=-
19th Oct 2003, 11:54
KArkian and the alien

BornIn1142
30th Oct 2003, 17:08
Why the birds and rats of course. It's SO fun to use them as target practise.

But why Miguel? He'll backstab you whenever he can (unintentionally, of course) and he's got a grudge against Carter, the best UNATCO guy there is).

Ferrard Carson
31st Oct 2003, 22:00
Yeah, I hated Miguel. Every time my trusty ol' flamethrower spits some fire two yards away from him, he turns red and tries to hack his way into my head.

*scuffles with Miguel*

FOR THE THIRD TIME, I'M NANO-AUGMENTED, NOT A COMPUTER!

On the other hand, it was fun to tell him to "Make a run for it." and watch him get riddled with 7.62 rounds.

gareis
1st Nov 2003, 02:26
I liked the Illuminati guy in the Ocean Lab, the one who sabotaged the security systems. I'd like to be like him, except not get killed by a dying MJ-12 agent.

What was his name again? Riley?

I Want Anachronox 2
1st Nov 2003, 23:36
My favourite characters are Nicolette and the bum in NYC who sais something like "It's just me and Satan now..."

Icarus
17th Nov 2003, 04:18
Originally posted by Ferrard Carson
Yeah, I hated Miguel. Every time my trusty ol' flamethrower spits some fire two yards away from him, he turns red and tries to hack his way into my head.

*scuffles with Miguel*

FOR THE THIRD TIME, I'M NANO-AUGMENTED, NOT A COMPUTER!

On the other hand, it was fun to tell him to "Make a run for it." and watch him get riddled with 7.62 rounds.

*Dusts himself off, pulls another nanite detonator from his front pocket, activates it.*

gareis
18th Nov 2003, 23:24
Just found out: the Ocean Lab traitor was named Ridley.

Thomas Mann:
This place has gone to hell and it's all Ridley's fault. I've been able to track him and it looks like he's heading for the dock ...

Thomas Mann:
Last will and... who the hell am I kidding.

Ridley was a traitor. No idea who he was working for and I don't really care.
He's dead now. He was one of the scientists. He set explosives, drowned half the lab. Killed most of the others by remote when the robots and turrets went crazy. A computer virus. Something. Kept babbling about illuminated ones right up until the end right before I put a bullet in his head. Better than he deserved.

One of those stupid turrets tagged me in the kidney and gut I can feel myself bleeding out... someone should know what happened. I know they'll come back.

A debriefing team... is what they call them. But we'll all be dead by then. So screw you whoever finds this.

Last will and testa...

I hope you're the rescue team and I hope you came armed. Ridley's screwed us, and whoever wasn't drowned, eaten by one of those monstrosities they've had us creating, or cut in half by a turret, has taken refuge in the UC lab.

And from Ridley himself:

It is unfortunate that you will not be able to comprehend the Plan, the Way, the course that has been carefully laid out for us over a thousand years. I truly wish you could see the beauty of everything as it has been shown to
me, and then you would understand why I must undertake such extreme measures. By the time you receive this message it will already be too late. ... I am sorry. The only comfort I can give is that your
necessary sacrifice will be for a higher cause.

He's my kind of guy.

annihilating rage
24th Nov 2003, 19:33
i think sam carter is the best

RobK
25th Nov 2003, 07:20
Definitely Lucius DeBeers.

"I'm so cold...."

Sr60308
30th Nov 2003, 02:31
No No No you human fools.... you have it all wrong. the best people were.... THE ASIAN WHORES!!!!
" I take care of you, special price."
My kinda old wrinkly asian whore. *wink*

Masai
11th Dec 2003, 03:39
Rooks gang leader.....El Ray.:D

He had the nerve to want us to pay for those lams but he had another thing coming. I had already straight blasted his downstairs dope dealer rival - "Rock", a minute earlier, so....he could'nt have thought.......;)

Pooeypants
11th Dec 2003, 20:37
Nicolette...phwoarr :p

Too bad she's in love with Chad. :(

Masai
12th Dec 2003, 04:58
Now that I'm thinking, the talking blue AI "Morpheus" was a pretty good minor character.......the face knew everything about JC, more than JC knew about himself.:)

TomSurman
15th Dec 2003, 22:18
what was the point of Morpheus anyway??? You spent precious mulitools getting to him, and he just gives you loads of (naughty word) about why he should rule the world. It has absolutely NO bearing on the game WHATSOEVER. *grumble grumble* :mad:

TomSurman
15th Dec 2003, 22:21
oh, I forgot - I voted for nicolette
"I lost my virginity out here"
hehe - french chicks... :D

Infinite X77
20th Dec 2003, 22:09
I voted for Miguel. I'm playing DX through again right now. A few hours ago I was in the MJ12 Base in the UNATCO Headquarters and my God did Miguel make life difficult for me. But you have to love 'em.

Ion Storm should really consider making a spin-off featuring the one and only Miguel. I can just see it now... :)

Zhanate
21st Dec 2003, 01:58
Originally posted by Infinite X77
... my God did Miguel make life difficult for me. But you have to love 'em.

Yeah. One t ime I went into the armory, thinking he was following. Then he wasn't there so I looked out the door and there he was attacking one of the giant robots (which I had turned against each other) with a knife!

Poor silly man. That was the last time I saw him alive.

Infinite X77
21st Dec 2003, 13:06
Originally posted by Zhanate
Yeah. One t ime I went into the armory, thinking he was following. Then he wasn't there so I looked out the door and there he was attacking one of the giant robots (which I had turned against each other) with a knife!

Haha, I think that we should all work on writing a book telling stories of all the 'mishaps' Miguel has had. As soon as you turn your back on him he sure can go on some wild adventures. I swear to God Ion Storm must of created him intentionally knowing that his AI was all over the place - just for the hell of it.

Would writing a book on Miguel's... um, Miguelness really be that hard? ;)

Ion Storm and Eidos should get to work on starting the Miguel franchise. First of all you could have his ‘mishaps’ book, then you could have his autobiography and why not his own game. Remember when you escape from the UNATCO Headquarters and board Jock’s plane Miguel says that he can make it from here?

Well just what did happen to Miguel from there?

How did he get off Liberty Island and what did he do after that?

Did he continue fighting for the NSF?

How about a prequel telling the events of Miguel’s NSF battles up until his eventual UNATCO capture?

Which of course would let us find out how the legend Miguel was captured after all.

So dont' vote for Nicolette because she's hot, vote for a hero among hero's....MIGUEL! :D

Masai
28th Dec 2003, 18:46
Originally posted by Zhanate

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha:D :D :D LMAO :D

I usually let Miguel come with me to help me fight fools but when I make it to the armory to collect my confiscated weapons......I have to finally bust a cap off in Miguels dome because I get tired of him repeating..."You lead the way". I'm through with you dude....peace. ;)

Nickb285
30th Dec 2003, 04:42
Everyone seems to have forgotten about the Aussie chicks outside of the Lucky Money. I kept buying beer for the blonde and attempting to dance with her through a complex combination of jumps, crouches, leans, and steps, while the ugly one just kept going "THANKS! for gettin' me in." IMO, it's a tie between them and the God Warrior outside the subway station near Castle Clinton. "Praise Jesus!"

Masai
30th Dec 2003, 23:06
How about "Vinny", inside the club on leave that he did'nt want. Had he not informed his buddies at the gate I would have had to blast them. Way to go Vinny. :)

FlooringInspector
1st Jan 2004, 19:08
I voted Miguel (hey, he honestly tries to help you out, which is more than can be said for most characters in the game), but as I was reading the responses, I remembered that bum in the cage in the VersaLife Lab. "Weeee! I'm the captain!"

Jock
9th Jan 2004, 00:51
Originally posted by FlooringInspector
I voted Miguel (hey, he honestly tries to help you out, which is more than can be said for most characters in the game), but as I was reading the responses, I remembered that bum in the cage in the VersaLife Lab. "Weeee! I'm the captain!"

OMG YES! He made it free with my help (all people in that level had been killed stealthly with the help of my Greasel Friends).

gareis
16th Jan 2004, 15:01
I freed him once. The MiBs killed him. That made me angry. I don't like people who make me angry.

FotD
23rd Jan 2004, 01:08
I love Nicolette (still do), but i don't consider her a minor character.

My favourite? El Rey. "Woah woah, im not talkin' firecrackers you hear...

I have a soft spot for the Pimp... Johnny? in Hell's kitchen.

"When you and me hang ut? We hang out. When it's buisness, it's buisness. Right now, it's buisness.

Klopper
27th Jan 2004, 12:06
My favorite is Hooker2 in the Underworld Tavern, the one that asks you to help Sandra Renton in the alley because Johnny "gets mad".

TheGrayfox
5th Feb 2004, 18:04
Originally posted by FotD
I love Nicolette (still do), but i don't consider her a minor character.

My favourite? El Rey. "Woah woah, im not talkin' firecrackers you hear...

I have a soft spot for the Pimp... Johnny? in Hell's kitchen.

"When you and me hang ut? We hang out. When it's buisness, it's buisness. Right now, it's buisness.

Actually, I think the Sandra Renton dialogue changes when Renton kills JoJo if you've also killed or concusioned Johny as well.

The first time I did it, I let Johny run off and Sandra just said about cleaning the rats out of the hotel and how it was better than the warehouse she was in after Renton killed JoJo.

My second walk through I tazered Johny as he was running off. Later when Renton killed JoJo Sandra says "Well since both Johny and JoJo are dead I guess I can stay." or something to that affect.

I always take down punks in the game non-lethally that aren't exactly related to MJ12 such as Johny. I have no need for people who push others around in the game :cool:

I also take UNACTO troopers non-lethally once you found out they are a tainted organization. The reason is what Sam Carter says, it's the organization not the people and that there are still some good people left, I know it's not the troops fault, they just follow orders, so I usually don't kill UNACTO (except Manderley).

brangdon
9th Feb 2004, 23:01
Originally posted by TomSurman
what was the point of Morpheus anyway??? You spent precious mulitools getting to him, and he just gives you loads of (naughty word) about why he should rule the world. It has absolutely NO bearing on the game WHATSOEVER. *grumble grumble* :mad:

Morpheus has some of my favourite dialogue. Something like:

The unplanned organism is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different answer.
For me this dialogue is the core of what the game is about. Morpheus has basically given away the ending there. Denton is not going to die.

Zhanate
10th Feb 2004, 05:08
Originally posted by brangdon
Morpheus has basically given away the ending there. Denton is not going to die.

Actually, he died quite a few times when I was playing.;)

TheGrayfox
10th Feb 2004, 18:38
I've been reading this whole topic. There are so many characters to choose from, so, so many. That's the beauty of Deus Ex. The only thing I don't get with you guys is with Miguel...why don't you just do what I do with him. Tell him to stay where he is, clear the whole area and then take him with you.

Once inside UNATCO leave him in Reye's office and clear the place then take him up to the chopper. Actually instead of a game about Miguel I'd like to see one take place with Sam Carter when he was General before all of Deus Ex happened. I think that would be cool.

Huntress
11th Feb 2004, 04:56
Yes, that's exactly what I do...I can't have him following me around, making noises and I don't think he can get underneath the tunnels anyway :( My play is stealthy as I can make it and I don't need any others to mess me up! :D Even that chick at the Lucky Money..."Only once, only one to a customer" drove me nuts!!! I tried to get rid of her various ways but she always managed to follow, so I would eventually find a place quiet and zap her. The only other time that was a little different...was when she was outside in the walkway near the store...and it ended up that I had picked it open and no problem with the Police...but then the little witch broke one of the windows and the Police thought I did it...grrrrr :(

However as far as Miguel is concerned...yes you do get your experience points but it is the saving of him that Vinnie tells you later that he wants to help and gets the Guards at Brooklyn to help you get inside :) So yes, I help Miguel get free but I left him in Jamie's Med storage room...so Jamie wouldn't be blamed for any wrong doing and yet was enough to get credit for freeing Miguel...but I've left him at the point where I've taken everyone out in the MJ12 faciltiy (or used those little greenies to help as well) and told him to make a run after I open the door, but then when you go a little further the game reloads, no Miguel is around? So I guess he magically gets out and hides out on L.I. somewhere? Or maybe he caught a ferry to New York? :D Ta and Good Hunting!

ps: Oh yea, my minor Character (I don't exactly count Jock as Minor since he is your pilot, his various types of envolvement to your character, and is as important to the story as Paul is pretty much, etc.) so minor..hmmm...How about Chad? Viva La France' Viva La Difference'! Actually, I liked his Politics and the fact they/he was trying to spread the truth and was willing to die for his cause...Yes, he was trying to fight more with words than with guns but willing to back it up with a gun when necessary. Like many who try that means find it very difficult to get believers when so many other factions are working against you. Three cheers for Chad :)

TheGrayfox
11th Feb 2004, 06:36
Originally posted by Huntress
Yes, that's exactly what I do...I can't have him following me around, making noises and I don't think he can get underneath the tunnels anyway :( My play is stealthy as I can make it and I don't need any others to mess me up! :D Even that chick at the Lucky Money..."Only once, only one to a customer" drove me nuts!!! I tried to get rid of her various ways but she always managed to follow, so I would eventually find a place quiet and zap her. The only other time that was a little different...was when she was outside in the walkway near the store...and it ended up that I had picked it open and no problem with the Police...but then the little witch broke one of the windows and the Police thought I did it...grrrrr :(

However as far as Miguel is concerned...yes you do get your experience points but it is the saving of him that Vinnie tells you later that he wants to help and gets the Guards at Brooklyn to help you get inside :) So yes, I help Miguel get free but I left him in Jamie's Med storage room...so Jamie wouldn't be blamed for any wrong doing and yet was enough to get credit for freeing Miguel...but I've left him at the point where I've taken everyone out in the MJ12 faciltiy (or used those little greenies to help as well) and told him to make a run after I open the door, but then when you go a little further the game reloads, no Miguel is around? So I guess he magically gets out and hides out on L.I. somewhere? Or maybe he caught a ferry to New York? :D Ta and Good Hunting!

Why do you leave him in the storage closet? Why don't you just bring him outside to the helipad and then tell him to stay close and go talk to Jock. He'll thank you for getting him that far and says he'll take it from there and you'll get some extra points.

As for Ming the little chinese school whore, the way around that is either get her to follow you to the upstairs bar or the freezer and then use the small metal crates to block her way. Then you can rome around and she'll just run in one spot. Usually I just leave her in the freezer :D...and just go there when I need a little hanky panky...:P

Huntress
12th Feb 2004, 03:11
Grayfox...I never have brought him all the way, in fact that was the first time I even took him that far? It played different again...he didn't disappear as he had always done before...so I still had him to contend with and putting him in the storage room seemed like a good way to get rid of him following me. How else could I have gotten him through the scan door? This time as a matter of fact...I didn't stay to fight the security guard there, I just ran until I got to reload area...and then as usual just used Prod on front desk guard and left. I still got the points I believe when we got out through the secured door leading into UNATCO, but maybe not since he still kept saying we're not there yet? Hmmm?

That Ling...well I've tried leaving her in places and even tried that freezer room but she broke herself free...or she opens the door herself, etc. I guess you got lucky somehow but it hasn't worked for me nohow! So out comes the Prod and Goodnight Ling :)

Ta and Good Hunting!

TheGrayfox
12th Feb 2004, 04:29
Remember Miguel has 3 options: "Stay close", "Wait here", and "Make a break for it".

When in the MJ12 prison area, tell him to "Wait here" (in his cell) until you clear the place out of everyone (even the guy after you open the door sitting at the desk). Once it's clear go to him again and tell him to "Stay close".

Once you do that, take him with you to UNATCO HQ and leave him in Reyes' office and tell him to "Wait here". Talk to everyone at HQ and take out any enemy guards. As for the guy at the front security door, don't go through it or you can't come back to get Miguel.

Instead just make noise, the guard will see you and open his side of the door to get you, take him out. Then go back to Reyes' office and get Miguel to follow you.

Make sure he is close behind you. Then the only guy you have to worry about is the front desk officer, he's easy to take out. Once you do that, both you and Miguel are scott free. Unless you haven't killed Navarre before hand.

Just remember to tell him to "Stay close" and keep looking behind you that you don't go too far off ahead. Try it sometime, it's much more rewarding bringing him out all the way.

Huntress
12th Feb 2004, 05:37
Of course when I first played I was playing Easy...so when I got to that secure door leading to UNATCO and opened it and told him to make a run...he said thank you then and got my points...played so many times I can't remember now exactly what takes place but was surprised this time, when I kept getting, we still have a way to go or whatever...I was trying to avoid that fight with security guard this time and why I ran to load area. I guess I could try your way sometime :) As far as Navarra...yea I do her in on the 747...hate the fact she kills "L" when he surrenders, etc. but it sure ain't easy!!! Takes me a few tries to get it done somehow or other :D Ta and Good Hunting!

TheGrayfox
12th Feb 2004, 06:36
Originally posted by Huntress
Of course when I first played I was playing Easy...so when I got to that secure door leading to UNATCO and opened it and told him to make a run...he said thank you then and got my points...played so many times I can't remember now exactly what takes place but was surprised this time, when I kept getting, we still have a way to go or whatever...I was trying to avoid that fight with security guard this time and why I ran to load area. I guess I could try your way sometime :) As far as Navarra...yea I do her in on the 747...hate the fact she kills "L" when he surrenders, etc. but it sure ain't easy!!! Takes me a few tries to get it done somehow or other :D Ta and Good Hunting!

Well there are two ways of killing her...cheese and non-cheese. Don't try to fight her gun to gun...

The Cheese: Place a LAM near the doorway, when she starts to run in *BOOM!* The bad side with this is Lebedev doesn't continue his dialogue.

The Non-Cheese: Either stand right in front of Lebedev or next to him on top of the bed. You should have the GEP (hopefully you chose that from Paul). Just have it on hand as you converse with Lebedev. As soon as her dialogue stops, she'll take 2 seconds to pull out her gun. By this time your GEP gun is out and loaded and you should be looking almost at her. Now just point the GEP to the hallway (NOT AT HER) or the damage will be too near and Lebedev will die also.

But if you fire the GEP rocket near the hallway or bathroom, Navarra takes all the damage and dies while you two just take minor injuries from the explosions. Both of you should survive as long as you don't aim too close to both of you. The worse case scenerio is Navarra doesn't die but is so injured she uses cloak and runs away to the front of the plane. When this happens, she's usually hiding inside the bathroom in front of the plane. Just shoot a bullet at her and that will finish her off.

brangdon
14th Feb 2004, 23:36
The mad cat woman is kinda cool, at the start of Paris. I know people like that. Also she gets to hear one of Denton's best lines: "Bravery is a not a function of fire power."

My least favourite character is Smuggler. Here I am, trying to save the world from the virus, and he's gouging me with LAM prices. And this after I saved his mate's life. I've had games where I somehow didn't have enough money, and between escaping UNATCO and getting to the naval base there's a drought of LAMs, so he's really annoying. Now I usually take care not to warn about the raid, so he doesn't make it.

I like Chad's dialogue too, but I rarely have the patience to listen all the way through now.

Huntress
15th Feb 2004, 00:47
Grayfox...your methods wouldn't work for me ;) First off, I don't get the GEP till much later in the game...I choose the crossbow always and then get the sniper off the one guard later..to start working on that upgrading :) Secondly, I have at various times tried to use gas granades/LAM planting as I start to leave and then take a head shot at her with Rifle...so then try to get her to come near my trap(s) whatever I had at the time to use. My excuse and rational for killing her there is due to the murdering of "L" and so doing anything first would not give me the justification for doing it... :)

I have also tried standing close to "L" and then try to get in front of him so I take the damage and try to save him, but I usually end up dead and he always ends up getting shot from her :( So I just keep trying different things until I'm successful (even turning my ballistic armor on doesn't help me for very long and when I do finally get her...I'm usually low on biochem and life is nearly gone! LOL Thank goodness there's a Repair Bot nearby! Also, I can never seem to get her killswitch info although I've tried :( I think I got it once but by then I had already killed her on the plane :D

So there ya are. heh Ta and Good Hunting!

ps: By the way, since I'm posting here to ya...I did get back to the Mechanic with the upgrade Aug and with little problem. Just used only one of my breathers, shot one flashdart inside and he was right there. Did start to get turned around a bit as to the direction out but got out fine with no damage and a nice upgrade. Thanks again very much for that one!

TheGrayfox
15th Feb 2004, 06:12
Are you aware that you get the crossbow from like the second NSF guy you run into...if not the first. Once you go up the ramp to the island either the NSF guy in front or to the right has the crossbow on him. So in this case your best bet is to choose the GEP gun since the other two you get right on the island.

FotD
17th Feb 2004, 08:31
hey grayfox, ty for that Jojo+Johnny thing. I think I've always saved Johnny, so she always runs away from home only to end up in some forsaken gas station that looks like somwething from Fallout.

I never got Miguel past the first loading point. When I get the access code out of the mj12 area miguel is right behind me. After I finish loading, he's gone.

Then again I usually save Anna Navarre for some flatlander fun :)

It also annoyed me that Smuggler was so greedy in the end. But I liked him in the beginning. However, why he does not turn voff his bot the first time I'm coming in after giving the password is bewyond me. Did he expect that his friends would deactivate his bot with a multitool?

Finally, after having lent it away for too long, I'm getting my game back :) And for the first time I'll patch it :) I've heard the Dragons Tooth get's a HUGE upgrade in damage :)

Oh, and about first weapon: yes you get everything but the gep gun in the first level, but if you want more ammo for them the other choises are not so bad, especially if you're not going to be carrying the gep gun anyway.

I usually don't need a gep gun, nades, boxes of BOOM and some hacking is all I need :) gep gun just takes up way too much space compared to what kind of grenades you can pick up.

The first BOT on liberty island I take out by the Turret (not hacking, just using the password). Takes half a minute to blow it up with a turret, but it works :) And the bot politly waits while you remain logged in the security terminal :D

TheGrayfox
17th Feb 2004, 19:00
Originally posted by FotD
hey grayfox, ty for that Jojo+Johnny thing. I think I've always saved Johnny, so she always runs away from home only to end up in some forsaken gas station that looks like somwething from Fallout.

I never got Miguel past the first loading point. When I get the access code out of the mj12 area miguel is right behind me. After I finish loading, he's gone.

Well the thing with Sandra staying is that you simply have to give Mr. Renton one of your weapons. Once you do he'll start shooting JoJo, just finish JoJo off for him and Sandra will decide to stay since her dad grew some cojones :D.

As for Miguel, whenever you are about to enter a new LOAD section, just make sure that Miquel is really close to you and that you enter the load section looking at Miguel. That should prompt him to show up in the next area.

FotD
18th Feb 2004, 01:43
uhm, no she doesen't always stay even when I give her dad a gun... she just seems more angry. Perhaps I'll cap Johhny's ass too.

Hmm, will try to save Miguel properly this time.

Playing the game now again, for the 5th time, and altready I'm finding new details, such as the key to the locked doors in HQ, without wasing any lockpicks. Not I'm just waiting to get it patched, it plays horrible with direct 3d (Geforce 4 TI 4800).
Had to turn down details... nasty.

FotD
19th Feb 2004, 18:28
OK, got her to stay this time. And i got Miguel to the chopper... but I didn't get any xp for it.

brangdon
17th Mar 2004, 21:59
Be aware that there's a 3rd option with JoJo. Kill the Rentons and let JoJo live. If you do that, he sticks around and helps when the bad men come for you and Paul later on.

That may be what happens if you do nothing other than watch. Or maybe you have to give the father a weapon; I can't remember. It's worth knowing you can pick which weapon, by dropping all the others first. There's some he won't take, though. I wanted to equip him with a flame thrower or GEP gun. That would have been kinda cool. Give JoJo a surprise :-)

The girl also has 3 options: stay, go or die, depending on what you do.

jadiepoo
23rd Mar 2004, 09:58
Originally posted by WSimons

Hehe, that's Josh. Latest time I'm replaying DX, I've been intentionally pissing everyone off so I didn't give him any food.

He's gets pretty mad at you and starts to say nasty things.

Josh: I hope you get stuck in the desert someday. And that you starve to death.

Cute kid hehe.

As for Miguesl, I've always told him to stay put, clear out teh level and then leave with him - even on my first go - so I never had any problems of him dying on me. Only once did he disappear near teh exit of the MJ12 facility. I told him to stay there while I got more ammo. I couldn't find him again :confused:

My favorite minor character has GOT to be the 1st UNACTCO trooper (of 2) based on the street side of the wood partitition right outside teh 'Ton. The one complaining about Paul.

UNATCO Trooper: "Effective crowd control"! What's that supposed to mean?

UNATCO Trooper: Here's one: "Prolonged exposure can damage the bronchial pathways."
Prolonged exposure? It's like giving 'em cigarettes or something.

UNATCO Trooper: "Gonna be some sniffly terrorists"

hehe.

Also, I noticed that the troops who used to be your friends (the ones with names, like Pvt. Lloyd, Cpl. Collins - most of the UNATCO base troops) lose their "names" when you defect. They become "another-nameless-trooper"(s). I guess this was intentional so you can lose subjectivity, even tho those guys were really friendly. 1 was even pro-Paul.

DaedalusXXX
24th Mar 2004, 04:55
I'd say Nicolette, because she's pretty hot and says some funny stuff.

BiO_mAd
27th Mar 2004, 10:59
NG Resonance, hmmmmm kinky!!:D

Sadokitty
1st Apr 2004, 21:43
me... :)

BiO_mAd
12th Apr 2004, 18:40
you??

RECLAIMER214
5th May 2004, 22:56
GORAN QUICK Z THE COOLEST.
THAT CHINESE GUY Z TIGHT!!!

MadSmuggler
10th Jun 2004, 13:25
Oh, yeah - Nicolette DuClare. She's pretty... pretty :D
I found something funny about her - it happened once, when I went to her bedroom. I opened the trapdoor behind the fireplace and then she said "My little prison for 18 years". :D :D :D
And... I also can't understand why they didn't give this option - "Wanna lose it again?"

My second favourite chcaracter is Smuggler. Any1 knows, why he's got yellow eyes?

RECLAIMER214
10th Jun 2004, 16:49
Contact Lenses