PDA

View Full Version : Lady Azimuth

kain to raziel
30th Jun 2003, 04:37
I really hope to see her in Defiance , for the simple fact that she was the one that you could actually see the least (no FMV,cutscene, or picture) in original BO. I mean Dejoule was kinda hard to see too. But Azimuth was just a crappy little pixel but a tough opponent nonetheless!

Lady Kreliana
30th Jun 2003, 04:42
There have been a few people who've wanted to see Azimuth play a role in the next game. Who knows, it might happen. After all, Janos did! :)

Umah Bloodomen
30th Jun 2003, 05:00
I am a big fan of Lady Azimuth myself. I wouldn't mind exploring her history a little more, moreso involving her allegiance with Moebius and Hash'ak'gik.

Matt from Spam Buddies
30th Jun 2003, 08:46
Same here.

Moebius, Elder and Azimuth simply must be plotting something all together. With Moebius' time streaming, Elder's influence on Raziel and Lady Azimuth's sight into dimensions they're the real dynamic trio. :eek:

- Matthew

Ardeth Silvereni
30th Jun 2003, 11:03
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not expecting the reappearance of many Circle members in Defiance, but I would really like to encounter Azimuth and possibly Mortanius.

Avernus Cathedral was my favourite location in BO1, and I think there was a lot of potential to expand Azimuth's history and alliances. With all the talk about dark forces being invited by the guardians themselves (Ariel's Lament cutscene, SR2), I would love to explore her role.

kain to raziel
1st Jul 2003, 23:58
She definetly had some bad intentions for Avernus at least.I mean why summon the demons when she was probably already respected by the people of Avernus? She basically let hell loose on that town!

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Jul 2003, 00:58
Originally posted by kain to raziel
She definetly had some bad intentions for Avernus at least.I mean why summon the demons when she was probably already respected by the people of Avernus? She basically let hell loose on that town!

You seem to be forgetting that she was corrupted by Nupraptor's madness during that time. As far as summoning demons was concerned, Azimuth was a bit, I suppose eccentric would be a good term, even before her corruption, but obviously that didn't help any.

Lady Kreliana
2nd Jul 2003, 03:09
Originally posted by Ardeth Silvereni
I would really like to encounter Azimuth and possibly Mortanius.

I forgot about Mortanius! :) I think it'd be cool to see him too.

L_Master562
2nd Jul 2003, 03:44
.....didn't we? Still, she deserves to be in another game as we've seen so many other people do that already. Malek, Ariel, Mort, Janos, Vorador(who's like in them all), Moebius, Malek, etc. Hey, we've had all but 4 or 5 guardians in more than one LoK game. Lets see if they would try them all.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Jul 2003, 04:27
Lady Azimuth (http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/azimuth.jpg)

Offhand I can't remember what magazine this came from. I received the image from Ardeth Silvereni. I'll try to see if the topic it was discussed in, is in this forum. (I can't remember if it was discussed in the old one).

kain to raziel
2nd Jul 2003, 05:16
Oh , that is a cool pic! Is that concept art from BO1 or is that from a deleted cut-scene in BO1? I had never seen that one before.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Jul 2003, 11:48
I am not exactly sure to be honest. As I said, I obtained the picture from another party. Blinc, or LMaster may know for sure what the story is behind it. It looks like it's an in-game shot. (Similar to the FMV's of BO1). I will guess it is deleted as opposed to being conceptual.

Fifer
2nd Jul 2003, 14:57
Yeesh...talk about jaundice. ;)

Ardeth Silvereni
2nd Jul 2003, 21:37
I didn't find that image of Azimuth. Raz did, but I hosted it for him so he could share it with everyone.

I came from a magazine he has. He told me most of his magazines are in storage right now, so he's not sure which one it was. When he finds it, I guess he'll be able to give you more information. :)

Personally I believe the model is too detailed to be conceptual. My only query is that Azimuth had a third eye. I think it is missing from this model.

I've always expected it to be biologically part of her - perhaps on her forehead - as the 'Azimuth's Eye' token looks fairly gruesome and real. It looks like it's been sliced away from a body, as it's surrounded by skin.

I may be wrong in thinking this, however. Most Guardians had an external object - a possession - as their token. As far as I can recall, Nupraptor, Ariel and Kain are the only exceptions.
The third eye token need not have been part of Azimuth's body at all. The dialogue is inconclusive.

I would speculate that it may have come from a different creature (maybe a demon). It certainly looks inhuman. The eye itself appears catlike, and blood red. She could have carried it, exactly as we see it appear in the BO1 inventory, mounted on its metal frame. It could still have allowed her sight into other dimensions and planes.

Raz
2nd Jul 2003, 22:21
Thanks Silver... ;)

I've always considered the green gem near Azimuth's neck line to be her Third Eye. I know that it is not simply a green gem in Kain's inventory, so I suspect it may've been a placeholder for a more complicated design. It's possible that the pic is from concept work, but unfortunately the article in my magazine doesn't say, as it's part of a much larger piece.

By the way, if anyone else wishes to use this picture of Azimuth other than those people to which I personally send the image, I request that you ask my permission first. I'm not a grumpy ol' git, so chances are that I won't have a problem. However, I'd still like to be asked, and, if it is used by anyone, I request to be given credit... ;)

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Jul 2003, 01:24
My apologies Raz, for not requesting permission to post the image. I was just able to locate the original thread it had appeared in, and could only remember that it was hosted on Ardeth's site, and not who found it/provided it. (Again, thanks for sharing it back-the-day).

I am using it as a reference to construct a 3D model of The Matriarch of Avernus. Should be interesting. ;)

The original thread it was posted in. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=24743&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&pagenumber=2)

The SEARCH function is a glorious tool. (Might take a little time and effort to locate something, but you'll find it eventually). :D

In regards to Azimuth's Third Eye being a part of her body, I had always assumed it was taken from another source and added to her physical trinket. I agree that the dialogue is inconclusive.

Raz
3rd Jul 2003, 01:28
Don't worry Umah. ;)

L_Master562
3rd Jul 2003, 01:44
I to agree the dialouge is inconclusive, yet I really belive that it would be likely all the guardians' token items started as seperate forms they were bestowed to them down the line as they took there places as guardians. I took the eye as seperate because it happened to be on a plaque. I mean, even Nupraptor's head didn't look like it was natural around the Brain region, more of a green orb of sorts. It looked like it just grew around it like vines. Even Malek only had Armor as his form after he was cursed to it. Makes some odd sense once you think about them all except maybe Kain. I still go for his Iron Sword as being it as if he sacrificed himself it would have been there.