PDA

View Full Version : I want my $ back!!!

node
29th Jun 2003, 20:26
This bug ridden piece of code they passed as a game is horrible. The game freezes after loading a saved level ,and today the walls and doors have dissappeared from areas. The disco lights in the Rouge are gone and I cant get back out because the hallway is there but there are no graphics on doors. EIDOS you weasel's im boxing it up and taking it back to best buy :mad:
How in God's name could you release this CRAP?! Fanboys's are not completely blind to your shortsightedness and your drive to make $$. I mean honestly when did you (EIDOS) put out a quality game last? Hitman?? Backyard wrestling? come on. This will be the straw that broke the camels back, wait and see. This time next year Eidos staff will be half of what it is sighting economic trends as reasons for the layoffs and personell cuts. But we will know its because people are buying your crappy games any more!
God the save the queen?!! God save me if I have to play this thing ever again!

GoranAgar
29th Jun 2003, 20:35
I don't think we had anyone here who got it worse than you describe. I recall two or three people complaining about the freeze, but those other bugs you mentioned are new to me.

Let me ask you one question: Is your PS2 able to breathe? Does it get enough cooling?

Well that was two.

node
29th Jun 2003, 20:44
Here's a pic

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/aodsucks/IMAGE006.JPG

node
29th Jun 2003, 21:00
The PS2 is brand new I had to replace an old one smacked by lightning and with the proce drop I put the extra $$ towards AOD. Much to my dismay.

Here IS ANOTHER pic:
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/aodsucks/IMAGE003.JPG

GoranAgar
29th Jun 2003, 21:03
Wow, and you can reproduce it? :eek:

node
29th Jun 2003, 21:08
Everytime

BkBaby999
29th Jun 2003, 21:28
that's sad! My game froze a lot in the beginning and still has slowdown all the time but I haven't experienced the blank wall syndrome but I've heard quite a few other people mention it. You aren't one of few though....it's happening to a lot of us...it's just that *looks left and right* people want to shut us down and not let us tell our experiences *scurries away in fear of beating by certain individuals who will now proclain how great and good the game is* :rolleyes: Love your proof!

I'm really sad that you didn't have a good time though....surely you could just ignore that blue screen, deal with it, and go on pretending to love the game :rolleyes: yeah, neither could I. I'm still plodding through it though out of sheer stubbornness and loyalty to Lara!

DKSM
29th Jun 2003, 21:32
I just got out of that area and didn't experience anything of that magnitude. I just had a few slow frame rates at a few spots when she was looking at lots of big animations. (Ex. The lights, once they are on)

MacAngel
29th Jun 2003, 21:39
Hey! Cool! Well at least Lara has a good view.
Sorry if you're having problems...:(

Naga
29th Jun 2003, 22:10
Originally posted by node
The disco lights in the Rouge are gone and I cant get back out because the hallway is there but there are no graphics on doors.

no, you cant get out there because you cant leave from that position, you leave from another door

moe888uk
29th Jun 2003, 22:40
Whats all that blue area? (*putting hard-earned money back in his pockets*) :confused:

ironhelix
29th Jun 2003, 23:50
I can't see the pics posted here in this thread so I don't know if they are the same as what I'm getting, but after I released the lighting rig in the serpent rouge and the music starts playing, when I go back to the door I came up from (the basement?) It's all blue and I can walk down the stairs that are suppsoed to be there but aren't. And then I can get to the door and open it even though Lara disappears and the door isn't even there. I can walk thru it yet I can't see Lara. I can run around and I can't see Lara. When I return to the club she finally comes back. WTF.

Naga
30th Jun 2003, 01:16
Originally posted by ironhelix
I can't see the pics posted here in this thread so I don't know if they are the same as what I'm getting, but after I released the lighting rig in the serpent rouge and the music starts playing, when I go back to the door I came up from (the basement?) It's all blue and I can walk down the stairs that are suppsoed to be there but aren't. And then I can get to the door and open it even though Lara disappears and the door isn't even there. I can walk thru it yet I can't see Lara. I can run around and I can't see Lara. When I return to the club she finally comes back. WTF.

youy cant leave the club through that door, thats why its bugged, leave through the correct exit

midroth
30th Jun 2003, 03:32
Sounds for me as there would be anything damaged. Either your disk, or your PS2, or the save-modul. If disk, contact your dealer for replacement; if modul, try an other; if PS2, let her check by a technican or try before a PS2 of a friend.

Edit:
Now I can see the screen shots (didn't load 4:32AM). Hmpf, that's really strange. If you can reproduce it, what exactly you are doing, please?

D3v1L80Y
30th Jun 2003, 04:13
I am not going to get into what a total piece of trash this game is, it has already been said by numerous others in this and various other forums.
Yeah, it sucks ..and us PS2 folks won't be able to patch the bugs and other faults that this game is riddled with.
So we all pretty much got shafted on this one.
I feel that since the game cannot be patched on a console, the company responsible (EIDOS) for letting this stinker rollout for retail sale release, should NOT just rest on their laurels and rake in the money they have surely already made on this "game".. but rather they should actually FINISH the game and work all the kinks and bugs out of the current version. THEN they should do a recall and let all of us suckers who paid full price for this POS send the one we have back and get a fully working, fully completed FINISHED copy of the game to play, without having to pay anything extra for it.

node
30th Jun 2003, 04:13
For those that cant see the pics paste this in your browser of choice

TRaiderGurl
30th Jun 2003, 05:03
Wow:eek: I haven't experienced anything like that. And you are the first I 've ever heard have that problem. All the people who already posted that they won the game didn't have any problems. I'm in the tombs and I only experienced one freeze. It might be the disc. Even if you have a new PS2 you should check it anyways, cause when I frst got my PS2 a couple of years ago (brand new) it was freezing all my games so I had to take it back. You would think that if it was the game itself then everyone would experience the same exact problems.

ironhelix
30th Jun 2003, 05:24
Originally posted by node
For those that cant see the pics paste this in your browser of choice

Yeah, that's what I saw. I don't know about you but I also wasn't able to see Lara in part of it. Like if I moved to a certain part she'd appear. Move away then she'd disappear, but I'd still be able to control her. Weird. Anyway, I figured out what happened. When I stepped into the club the door behind me was supposed to close, but I didn't let it close because I stepped back thru it. I guess that's why there was a loading spot there at the door, which is why when I went back thru it too soon I saw all that blue crap and no loading.

phix95
30th Jun 2003, 06:19
This bug will not happen if you go thru the door downstairs first, then crash the lights. If you do it in reverse order, you will have missing textures in the downstairs room. I've tried it both ways.

ironhelix
30th Jun 2003, 06:21
crash the lights?

Neo
30th Jun 2003, 07:47
I recall two or three people complaining about the freeze
Just 2 or 3 people? This is pathetic........

Gem1n1
30th Jun 2003, 13:18
I agree with all of you. I have had multiple freezes. I have encountered 2 bugs where luckily it finally worked...so I could advance on in the game.

2 Bugs I found:

1.)In the Serpent Rouge....when you have to pull the left lever twice...and the right one once...to get the broken light to move over to get trinket box? Well....The left lever action hand would never show up for me. I was stuck here sooo long. I read a few Walk Thrus...and they both said to pull the left lever. I bet I tried 1000x's to pull the left lver...but it would never show up and/or work. Then....magically...it just worked. I stood in same spot..after it worked...and again...no action?

2.) When you go into the Pawnshop...and you have to pick up all the items in the Access Coded room. The first time I went in there and picked up the items....the red sensor beams/timer never turned. Not untill after I talked to every person in that town again...and tried like hell to find my way back to Bouchard did I have to resort to a Walk Thru. So...the 2nd time I go into the room...pick up all the items...Yeah...it works this time.

I mean.....c'mon...I can see bugs..where textures are missing, etc. But...these are key elements in progression of the game. Eidos..maybe you should've taken 2 more years to work out these bugs. I think....this is the straw thats broke the camels back. And the Camera Angels....dont get me started.

sspears
30th Jun 2003, 13:45
I'm not convinced you just didn't see one of the items in the closet. I did that room 10 times and it worked every time. It wasn't always easy to get lined up on an object to pick it up but it never failed to engage the grid. As for the Serpent Rouge, you probably had trouble lining up there too. Try pressing the walk button and see if that helps line things up. :)

Gem1n1
30th Jun 2003, 14:02
Im pretty sure I got all the items in the closet. Why does the game make evrything re-appear ..i.e Pawnshop when you go back in. Everytime I would go back in there....the wallet was back and all the items in the closet.

As for the levers...trust me...I used the walk. I methodically side stepped along the control panel 100x's. I kid you not. Even after I read the walk thru.....where it told me to pull the left lever. It just magically worked. I had no probs with the right lever...I could pull that one everytime. Ohh...and what was that lver for on the opposite wall of the lver control panel? The one to the right of the door...you exit to end level? I could never pull it?

moe888uk
30th Jun 2003, 14:36
This game seems like its definitely not finished.

flamingblue8z
30th Jun 2003, 15:13
I'm going to stick with my past threads on this one. It could be a damaged disc, indeed, could be a fault-ridden copy, who knows. I just have never had this happen to me and i've gotten into the club both ways twice. A recall, eh, it'd be inconvenient for Eidos, but if they could release a better-quality game, i'd still vote indifferent on that. They can have my copy as long as they'll send me a new one free of shipping charges. I accept the game in its current state, but if i can get a better version of it, well, more power to ya. I just doubt Eidos would like to engage in such an endeavor. It would cost them big bucks that they don't want to shell out right now, i'm sure.

TRaiderGurl
30th Jun 2003, 16:35
Originally posted by Gem1n1
Im pretty sure I got all the items in the closet. Why does the game make evrything re-appear ..i.e Pawnshop when you go back in. Everytime I would go back in there....the wallet was back and all the items in the closet.
If you got all the items in the closet at the pawnshop the first time, how were you able to go back and even see if all the items reapear? Cause after you pick up all those items the place explodes and you are taken directly to the Louvre Sewers?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Gem1n1
30th Jun 2003, 16:54
Originally posted by TRaiderGurl
If you got all the items in the closet at the pawnshop the first time, how were you able to go back and even see if all the items reapear? Cause after you pick up all those items the place explodes and you are taken directly to the Louvre Sewers?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thats where the BUG comes into play. Like I said before...I picked up....I thought...all the items....and the Dude's wallet. Left there...came back and the items re-appeared. I could've done that over and over...till I had 1000 clips of ammo and med packs I bet. Don't you think that is a bug in itself? The fact that I could leave the pawnshop...and pickup all those items again? They should've all been gone except for the one I supposodly didnt grab.

TRaiderGurl
30th Jun 2003, 18:09
Never heard of that ever happening before. You need to get a new disc or something.
You know it's so amazing that there are all these "huge" problems and I have yet to experience them. And still it's the games fault? I don't know about that. Remember; everyone was pressuring Eidos to "hurry up we want the game now, we are tired of waiting" ......it takes 2 to tango.
You people need to get new playstions, discs, save cards whatever.....cause my game is fine.

daves1138
30th Jun 2003, 20:13
same here. I don't know what is happening in your versions of the game but the only thing mine has done is a very occasional slowdown.

Don't know if maybe your disc is damaged or your playstation is overheating..... It just doesn't do any of that on mine :(

Mazod
2nd Jul 2003, 06:08
NICE WAY TO MAKE SCREEN SHOTS MAN! ;)

Ah sry u have PSX heh

get rid of it buy pc and play like man btw no such bugs in PC version :P

TRaiderGurl
2nd Jul 2003, 15:47
Wait a minute...Didn't I just post in this thread a second ago??????
Oh wait, I DID! http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18692
Jeez, someone get rid of one of these threads!