PDA

View Full Version : Now...

jodman3
29th Jun 2003, 00:20
... is the time to speak up. what exactly do you what in TR games to change or get better? I would like...

1. save system
2. more action with animals
3. smarter enemys oh, god smarter enemys
4. Faster animations
5.Bigger, way bigger environments
That's about all i can think of. Don't get me wrong, i love AOD but they could do better, i know they can.
The game engine is fine, they needed more time though, it was supose to have no loading and better lighting and shadows. They even said it on the OPM demo. Aparently, they ran out of time. and the game engine is a little glichey with the partical system. What i wanna do is send all of your post to Core, so please post.

Atreyu
29th Jun 2003, 00:43
you got a thing with animals huh? i guess if you're into that.

1. fix the control (make it more responsive so i can actually feel liek lara is quick and agile)
2. fix that camera: why'd they change it in the first place? it was perfectly fine the way it was.
3. make sure the AI knows why they exist before giving them guns. make them smarter. at least to the equivalent of a third grader or something. anything smarter than what's in AOD.
4. bring back the d-pad support.
5. REMOVE the blinking body crap. if they disappear fine but don't make them blink for god sake.
6. don't have more animal fighting. fighting humans is much better anyways.

just suggestions. don't mean to criticize.

jodman3
29th Jun 2003, 01:28
Yea, they blinking body thing was crappy. And i wanna know why in the world was the A.I. in TR1 was smarter? Atleast they ran away when the wounded or too hurt! I can't agree with you on the less animal thing, i thought they kept you on your feet and i like being scared! They scare me. The cam was good why they changed it? Because reviewers! You'd think they would learn not to listen to them but...i guess that's where the A.I. gets it! :p The puzzles need to be more, um... thought out too.:D

Mangar The Dark
29th Jun 2003, 01:36
Originally posted by Atreyu
2. fix that camera: why'd they change it in the first place? it was perfectly fine the way it was.

As much as I agree with you, not everyone seems to think so. Almost every review I've ever read of TRs2-5 says something along the lines of:

"...and they still haven't fixed that annoying camera system which inevitably will block your view at a crucial moment."

So I suppose Core read this complaint ad nauseum, and then decided to do something about it. I haven't played the new game yet, but from what I gather, the player controls the camera. I guess the intent was good, it just needs to be polished a little more, and I think it will be. I was playing TR1 earlier today (just for the memories), and I had forgotten how glitchy that graphics engine was compared to TR5 (which I played yesterday.) In TR1, textures disappear at random, the camera occasionally spins in the wrong direction when you use the look key, and overall, it just has a very unfinished feel to it. Even though the engine remained basically the same through Chronicles, they ironed out most of those bugs pretty well by TR3. I think we'll see similar progress with the new engine.

TriggerHappy
29th Jun 2003, 01:53
Whoops! I made the mistake of reading this post to my family, and got hammered with suggestions.

Although we like AOD; it's human nature to always want more.

1.) Open ended format.
2.) End of game bonuses (Infinite ammo, Her house or some other place to practice on moves and machines, ect.)
3.) Make available on the XBox.
4.) Travel more freely to multiple continents.
5.) No loading times between levels and scenes, like what's planned for 'Fable'. (Yeah, I know that would be a really tough one.)
6.) Level Editor, for the XBox version.
7.) Ability to choose what outfits she wears at any time.
8.) Ride a variety of vehicles and animals.

9.) I agree with being more involved with animals. I miss having sheep when I want them.

Landru
29th Jun 2003, 02:03
1. Accurate release date?

jodman3
29th Jun 2003, 02:18
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TriggerHappy
[B]I would like to agree with you on all you said, but i have a problem with three of the things you've said althought i will send it to CORE:

2.) End of game bonuses (Infinite ammo, Her house or some other place to practice on moves and machines, ect.)
You maybe won't need to have a bonus house level cause they may include that already in the start of AOD2 without the need to beat it.
3.) Make available on the XBox.
Bill gate does not need anymore money. That greedy son of a !@#$%.:mad: And besides, Sony has an agreement with eidos the they can't break. And ps2 can handle what ever xbox can! AHEM, now...
To me, level editer's can really mess things up in terms of you may not like the series again i you can do better, plus your not getting paid for it so it's best to make your own game and get rich.:D And besides, Core used Maya, and can not sell someone elses stuff and claim it's theirs, what is what they would be doing if they make a level editer. If that makes any sense!:p

P.S. i will send all post if i like them or not ofcourse!!!

TriggerHappy
29th Jun 2003, 04:34
Originally posted by jodman3
[ And ps2 can handle what ever xbox can! AHEM, now...
To me, level editer's can really mess things up in terms of you may not like the series again i you can do better, plus your not getting paid for it so it's best to make your own game and get rich.:D

Could PS2 have been able to handle Morrowind?

If a level editor would mess things up, why was it included in Timesplitters 1&2?

jodman3
29th Jun 2003, 16:01
Hey, Trigger Happy, ps2 and the xbox works in different ways.
The ps2 could only work as well as xbox of you stream data correctly, which isn't an EZ thing to do. So, it's up t the developers, who knows, maybe i coould handle worrowind.

I just do like LEVEL EDITERS much could it almost messed up the magic i felt for TR1. I really had to stop using the level editer and know everytime i play the old TR game i kinda know how things in the game worked. I dont like the feeling. And you can't compare a 1st person shooter with a 3rd person action adventure because in a fps, you don't have to make puzzles and enemy triggers and traps, and you do is built an environment to shoot in.:o

LCfan
29th Jun 2003, 16:48
I would like lara to have toenails and fingernails :-) thats all and i'll be content!

jodman3
29th Jun 2003, 17:07
LOL, they should add em. Do you have any idea's on what they should do on the gameplay, LCfan?