PDA

View Full Version : Reserves being taken

NoobSaibot
28th Jun 2003, 18:53
My local gamestop has now started to take pre-orders and they say that the current release date is 11/11/03. wether that is true or not, at least my copy is now reserved.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=title&searchtype=quicksearch&keyword=legacy+of+kain&foundin=0

Riovanes
28th Jun 2003, 19:22
In the immortal words of The Razors...

"Shuga-ra-da-dat, shuga-ra-da-dat, shuga-ra-da-dat-dat-BLAOW!"

^<-- That's a happy Rio noise.

BAH!!!

fneh
28th Jun 2003, 19:42
yeah I've seen that date. Chris said that they were AIMING for the end of the year though so don't expect that date to be reliable. Eidos probably just said that for the shops sakes.

blincoln
28th Jun 2003, 20:33
I'm going to wait for an official release date before I reserve mine.

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jun 2003, 21:08
Originally posted by blincoln
I'm going to wait for an official release date before I reserve mine.

I think I will just hold off altogether and purchase my copy when it's released.

Matt from Spam Buddies
28th Jun 2003, 21:22
Same here. It aint gonna run away. ;)

- Matthew

Zephonim
28th Jun 2003, 22:12
Are you all mad havent you noticed theres a figure of prefallen raziel with wings there for a measly $7.99 , Icant believe no one has mentioned that shame on you all;)

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jun 2003, 22:15
It has been mentioned numerous times, especially over on the LOK CC. (Some of us have the figure).

I am sure if you search around, you'll find those old topics.

Zephonim
28th Jun 2003, 22:21
Does anyone know where there is anymore LOK figures????:D :D

Apocrypha Roxy
28th Jun 2003, 22:37
Toys R' Us.

For the measly price of $7.99

:p

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jun 2003, 22:44
I got mine from GameStop.

Lady Kreliana
29th Jun 2003, 01:42
I also am going to buy my copy when it comes out. I don't think they'll sell out of Defiance on the first day, so I think I'll be ok. :D

Razielim Angel
29th Jun 2003, 02:02
I'm gonna wait and see if they decide if you'll get stuff when you pre-order. I wouldn't mind if they decided to hand out free soundtracks or something, or a poster, or maybe a shirt ^^ Anyways, that's when I'll pre-order it. :D
I got my action figures at Gamestop too. I wish they would get the Dumah in, then I could complete the collection :)

warpsavant
29th Jun 2003, 02:08
Originally posted by Razielim Angel
I'm gonna wait and see if they decide if you'll get stuff when you pre-order. I wouldn't mind if they decided to hand out free soundtracks or something, or a poster, or maybe a shirt ^^ Anyways, that's when I'll pre-order it. :D

Thats a good plan.

Lady Kreliana
29th Jun 2003, 05:18
Originally posted by warpsavant
Thats a good plan.

I second that!

And Sarah, I have the chocolate! Mwahahah. ;-P

punkst4r
29th Jun 2003, 06:09
Do any of you guys/girls live in Montebello or Monterey park?I just want to know because I want to see how fast defiance will sell out in that area.:D

Lady Kreliana
29th Jun 2003, 06:43
You never know. SR2 sold out the first day at the Babbage's in my area.

Vampmaster
29th Jun 2003, 11:06
If they've done what we said and held of with the release date until they're a lot closer than last time then it might not be delayed as much this time. Remember SR2 was going to be on the PS1, then they used up a lot of time on the Dreamcast version before giving up on that.

Zephonim
29th Jun 2003, 15:34
For the measly price of $7.99

just ordered mine this morning
godamm it i have to pay double the price for the shipping . you lucky yanks dont know your born over there lol;)

Sarah
29th Jun 2003, 15:49
Originally posted by Lady Kreliana
And Sarah, I have the chocolate! Mwahahah. ;-P

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd do it again, but you know-subtlety counts. As for how popular SR2 was in my area: The week of it's release, local Gamespot was just giving away the promotional soundtrack to anyone who bought any game-they had too many copies and not enough reserves for SR2.

Apocrypha Roxy
29th Jun 2003, 18:06
I want the soundtrack...

I want the chocolate, too...

Zephonim: My nephew got it for me as a suprise. So I technically got it for free. :D

To hell with pre-ordering. I'm going to camp outside GameStop or EB Games the night before, just to get my grubby paws on the first copy they have. Best Buy sucks - don't go there. Angel of Darkness was supposed to be shipped the 17th, and be on shelves the 18th. But they got the game late by a week, and even then it was at the bottom of the barrel.

Shmucks... :mad:

(That's right, I purchased the heretic game... crucify me!) :p

blincoln
29th Jun 2003, 18:59
When I do pre-order, it's going to be online (unless I can get some kind of mega-deal locally). The local EB here didn't get the copies of Blood Omen 2 I pre-ordered in stock until a few days after the online orders had arrived.

fneh
29th Jun 2003, 21:19
plus if you find the right online retailer then there's a chance it'll arrive on your doorstep BEFORE the release date! I know ppl that got zelda WW on the monday instead of the friday!

Zephonim
29th Jun 2003, 22:18
Originally posted by fneh
plus if you find the right online retailer then there's a chance it'll arrive on your doorstep BEFORE the release date! I know ppl that got zelda WW on the monday instead of the friday!

Any chance you could find out from one of those people which online site they bought it from ?
:D

Zephonim
3rd Jul 2003, 17:59
wayhay he is here raziel is towering over me brandishing a large sword and illuminous eyes
my quest continues for the rest !

Threnodi
3rd Jul 2003, 23:55
the winged Lt. raziel has glowing eyes..? Or were you just being poetic about the figurene? :)

Omega
4th Jul 2003, 01:15
Next month.

Next month will be my Legacy of Kain fest. I shall buy the figures. I shall go down to London to that Playstation Experiance solely to see Defiance.

I shall also rule the world.

*evil glare*

Seriously though folks, don't be jumping to un-official shop release dates. I'm waiting to hear from Eidos/CD first, before I jump ;)

If I can preorder it with an extra item or two (i.e. figure or poster) I shall. I don't think they'll do an entire LoK soundtrack (why do that when one can just download them? Even if your missing the Defiance tunes, I hope they'll add them to download too). Okay, theres nothing like an official soundtrack... but I can't see it happening with 90% of the tracks freely available.

Saying that, watch them release one purely to spite me!

OugaBooga
4th Jul 2003, 01:59
HAHAHAHA,it's nolonger for dl:(
I'am guessing they'll be releasing a music CD
Also i don't see the point in re-orders,I wanna see which system runs it's the smoothest before i buy [PS2/Xbox/PC]
I bet defiance is gonna make a killing in sales:D

Dark God Francisco
4th Jul 2003, 03:04
I will preorder mine after I get chaos legion in august 6.

Katen
4th Jul 2003, 17:36
this is wierd...At EBGames.com the X-box gets LOKDefiance on 11/03/03 while the PS2 gets it on 11/11/03....wierd huh?

Zephonim
5th Jul 2003, 10:55
Originally posted by Threnodi
the winged Lt. raziel has glowing eyes..? Or were you just being poetic about the figurene? :)
Well i did use a bit of "Artistic license" but the eyes are not exactly yellow more and illuminousy effect but no glo in the dark im afraid, and does anyone know where i can get any more figures in the U.K?Call your dogs , they may feast on your corpses!!

fneh
5th Jul 2003, 12:12
I got mine from ebay. I have all of them but dumah.

there are no shops I know of that sell them in the UK but I'm sure if you pester forbidden planet they might offer them. I asked them but they said there wasn't enough demand but if there was enough they might stock them in the future...