PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Account/Square Enix ID Questions and Issues

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Provix
8th Jul 2012, 14:40
Discuss and help each other out with account-related matters and issues here in this thread.
But, first and foremost: make sure to contact customer support.
NA (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1)
EU (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5383&la=2)
JP (https://support.jp.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5381&la=0&SQEXSC=9clr8qta0ofa0784vvo5nbltd0)
---------------------

MAde this new account to play FF14 wont it won't let me log into the website

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 15:26
The FF14 forums are their own thing. You'll have to make an account on finalfantasyxiv.com

Provix
8th Jul 2012, 15:27
I tried, but it just takes you to makes a Square-enix account again.

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 15:29
I'll check it out for you.

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 15:31
Okay, log in here with your SE account, or make one if you don't have one: secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/l... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=ffxiv_forum&ret=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.square-enix.com%2Fffxiv%2fregister.php)

Then you'll be asked to create a forum name, enter your timezone, etc. Once you do that you can complete registration and begin posting.

Provix
8th Jul 2012, 15:34
Man I feel dumb now lol.

Don't know why I couldn't figure that out.

Thanks!

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 15:37
No problem :) I know it can be confusing sometimes.

Daeleastra
8th Jul 2012, 15:39
I'm having the same problem but it always tells me that my password is wrong even when I'm certain it's right, I can log in to SE's page here just fine but it always tells me it's wrong when I try to log in there. I've been having this problem for almost a whole day now and starting to feel really ripped off.

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 15:42
I'm having the same problem but it always tells me that my password is wrong even when I'm certain it's right, I can log in to SE's page here just fine but it always tells me it's wrong when I try to log in there. I've been having this problem for almost a whole day now and starting to feel really ripped off.

Have you tried password recovery on the Account log-in before? I had to do it once and reset my password just in case.

Provix
8th Jul 2012, 15:42
did you make a SE account from the FF14 page?

Daeleastra
8th Jul 2012, 15:45
I've reset my password three times...waiting 30 min -1 hr between tries, and every single time it didn't work, so I made a new account, which is this one...so now I can get on SE, but I can't get on FFXIV's Lodestone page or the game...

I'll try making another new account from the FFXIV page but I'm about at my wit's end.

Daeleastra
8th Jul 2012, 15:50
Ha! Now I can't even do that! I try to go their North American page and it pops up this error:

Kohana_Exception [ 0 ]: Directory APPPATH/cache must be writable

This is really really starting to bug me.

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 15:53
Try here: forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php)

Daeleastra
8th Jul 2012, 16:03
Ok...well I reset my computer, and managed to get past that error. Now it's telling me my registration code is wrong. *whacks head on the wall*

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 16:05
Ok...well I reset my computer, and managed to get past that error. Now it's telling me my registration code is wrong. *whacks head on the wall*

Did you try the link I posted above?

Daeleastra
8th Jul 2012, 16:07
I accessed the page through the FFXIV game launcher...but I'll try that one too. *rubs temples*

Okay the registration through there is the one I'm stuck in the middle of now.

Daeleastra
8th Jul 2012, 16:10
Okay, apparently that is also case-sensitive. Wow... Anyway...moving along.

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 16:12
Going directly through that link seems to be the best I think.

Daeleastra
8th Jul 2012, 16:14
Okay, now I finally got the account registered...I'm having all kinds of trouble with this browser though, think I'm gonna have to use Firefox instead. Thanks for your help Fire.

Asuha
8th Jul 2012, 16:24
Okay, now I finally got the account registered...I'm having all kinds of trouble with this browser though, think I'm gonna have to use Firefox instead. Thanks for your help Fire.

You're welcome, and yeah I do recommend using Firefox on the site.

Silentcrypt
29th Jul 2012, 08:40
I'm having a similar issue myself. I've gone to the sites that Fire mentioned and tried logging in with my account whenever I use my ID that I use to log into this account it says wrong account name or password whenever I try to use my email that is registered under this website for my account nothing happens. I've tried clicking on the right side to create new account but at the date of birth section the submit button doesn't work. I've tried every variation of my account name and password as well as hours of searching on forums for help. I can't even use forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php) because it says that I either haven't been approved or I need to log in to post there. I've tried using a different browser and restarting my PC but it seems impossible to setup an account so that I might play FFXIV.

Edit: Oh and I've also reset my password as well and that doesn't seem to work either.

aflockofmoosen
29th Jul 2012, 21:34
I'm having a terrible time getting my account set up so I can start in on FFXIV. Customer service has been horrendous, and I am seriously reconsidering whether I want to play a game with such awful customer service. With that said, let's see if anyone here can help me.

I created a SE account around the launch of FFXIII to redeem my "points," and haven't logged in since.

Now I need to log in so I can start FFXIV. I was told my User ID/password was incorrect -- so i changed my password and the confirmation email was sent to the appropriate address, therefore I know I am using the email associated with the account. Based on this, I assumed the issue must be with my User ID -- So I submitted a ticket requesting the information, and 2 days later, i received an automated message telling me that they coulnd't verify my ownership of the account. I've done this 3 times, with the exact same automated reply.

So, I decided to just create a new account -- my new log in information works properly here on this site -- na.square-enix.com -- however, on square-enix.com/account and the FFXIV log-in client, it continues to tell me that my User ID/password is incorrect. When I try to create an account on this site, it tells me that my email is already in use -- and i refuse to create a new email specifically for Square-Enix games.

This account management system is horrendously broken and needs to be fixed before the influx of Version 2.0 players.

member_10799168
29th Jul 2012, 21:45
The whole website crash happened soon after FFXIII came out, the last time your on the site, so I am guessing that it must have erased your information due to your prolonged inactivity. If you want to get into FFXIV the best thing to do is to create a new email address specifically for the game. It should not be that much of a hassle because I have two emails. But if you really don't want to make a new one you will have to go through customer service and some how erase the old password completely. A little more difficult than just creating a new email. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

aflockofmoosen
29th Jul 2012, 21:50
The problem is not with my password -- i changed it through the "forgot your password?" option, which worked fine. The problem must be the User ID, which I imagine should be the same as the User ID here on this site -- aFlockOfMoosen. I don't understand why they can't allow me to use the email address to log in like every other service ever.

AuTHeNTiiCz
29th Jul 2012, 22:59
i just bought the game and i cannot log in it refuses to let me when tryign to start the game.... -__- hopeless

Hilter44
29th Jul 2012, 23:40
it is doing the same thing to me with heroes of ruin. i try to sync my account on the ds but i cant sign in on the website and it will tell me the email cant be found and that the accoun type cant be found either

GDS
30th Jul 2012, 11:31
I couldnt find any other place to go so i'll post it up here. I have recent acquired FFXIV and have not been able to access the game since i bought it. It is extremely hard to find a customer support number for this game, to help get through the basic steps of account creation. I attempted to create a new account but was not able to since i already have info on file from my FFXI days. Well this is fine but when i put in my old account info nothing happens. I put in my email address and password and when i click log in the page just reloads and i have to put my email address and password in again.

This has been going on for 2 days so far and is really becoming a pain. I bought the game because of it being revamped and much better than the original release version. It makes that kind of hard to believe if i cant even get pass the log in page. I also had to set around while the game originally downloaded several updates and to not be able to play it, is sort of heart breaking.

So is there some way to obtain a customer support number or get any help just logging into this game? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

member_10552081
30th Jul 2012, 11:53
support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=902&la=1) <---that should help you out i hope lol

aflockofmoosen
30th Jul 2012, 20:39
I couldnt find any other place to go so i'll post it up here. I have recent acquired FFXIV and have not been able to access the game since i bought it. It is extremely hard to find a customer support number for this game, to help get through the basic steps of account creation. I attempted to create a new account but was not able to since i already have info on file from my FFXI days. Well this is fine but when i put in my old account info nothing happens. I put in my email address and password and when i click log in the page just reloads and i have to put my email address and password in again.

This has been going on for 2 days so far and is really becoming a pain. I bought the game because of it being revamped and much better than the original release version. It makes that kind of hard to believe if i cant even get pass the log in page. I also had to set around while the game originally downloaded several updates and to not be able to play it, is sort of heart breaking.

So is there some way to obtain a customer support number or get any help just logging into this game? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same problem -- i created my account around the launch of FFXIII... I can log in fine here on the "members" page, but I can't access account management. This has been the most informative FAQ i could find, but still doesn't solve my problem:

support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=902&la=1&kid=52714&ret=faqtop&c=3&sc=62)

And as far as the ticket page that Beldugur linked -- i've submitted 3 tickets and i always get the same automated reply: "I'm sorry, but we cannot verify your ownership of the account in question."

aflockofmoosen
1st Aug 2012, 14:40
i am still having trouble creating an account with which i can register FFXIV.

Or getting customer service to help me recover my User ID -- although I'm pretty sure I used "aflockofmoosen" -- i've used it for everything over the past couple years.

Seymour
4th Sep 2012, 20:17
Thread Title: Square Enix ID Broke, can't log in to anything now

Details:

Plain and simple. I made an account, fine and dandy, using my email. So I tried to apply for the alpha testers thing for FFXIV. When I attempted, a page popped up telling me to log into my account. Now here's the thing: I tried EVERYTHING for whatever the hell my SE ID is. My first name, my nickname, my other nickname, my email, and all that in caps, lowercase, and both. So unless the SE ID is some retarded thing that has nothing to do with my actual name or whatever, it brokededed. Also, I tried password resetting TWICE just to make damn sure that the password's not the problem.

Steps:

Made account
Logged in
Went to page to apply for alpha testing
Tried to log in
Epic Fail. :3

Date & Time:

When I signed up yesterday sometime past noon and before 4... GMT -7:00 USA Mountain Time / Arizona Time

Frequency:

Every. Frickin. Time.

Platform:

PC

dbivens
4th Sep 2012, 22:02
I am having this exact same problem with the alpha log-in. Tried to log in with my user name. Failed numerous times. Waited a day. Failed some more. Tried my name, my email, everything. Fail fail fail.

But I took this a step further. Thought maybe I typed my password wrong. Go to this site secure.square-enix.com/account/app (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app) and it says "There is no Square Enix account registered with this e-mail address." But low and behold I go back to this site and am perfectly capable of logging in.

I really want to get in on the PS3 beta but I can't seem to register for anything :/

SeymourG
4th Sep 2012, 22:06
I'm just in it because for once in my life I want to get a game the very day it comes out and I want to be involved in it. Also it looks pretty cool and an online FF game. (Besides XI)

PS This is Michael, just my other account I described. This is my email/google one.

Seymour
5th Sep 2012, 20:34
Well after trying over and over to get through to SE's useless support system, I researched for like 2 hours and realized you had to re register through the proper link to get a SQEX ID. -_-

secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/r... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/register)

SeymourG
5th Sep 2012, 21:25
So, here's my story. (In chronological order! :D)

Went to FFXIV site
Read it all
Noticed that I could sign up for alpha testing
Read reqs and tried to apply
Got denied for signing in
3 days later after lots of searching, finally found out that I needed to reregister to get a SQEX ID
Tried to sign in
Was denied because I need an 'account' first
Tried to add a service when a 25 digit code appeared
Wondered what the hell the code was for
Looked around and realized I had to buy the game probably and enter the code
Looked around the online store, couldn't find the game
Found the link to get there
Error appeared, even when using several different links.

Conclusion: How the hell does the site of a company that's as freaking huge as this have such a fricked up site?!?!

Suggestions:

Have the support answer the damn emails or phone support.
Have an explanation next to a lot of things so that people like me and that guy who had the same problem (my forum post for #6) would understand.
Have a bigger site.
Not make you buy the frickin game to access the game's special forums! (I tried to go there, and upon signing in it told me to add the service)

dbivens
5th Sep 2012, 23:42
Well after trying over and over to get through to SE's useless support system, I researched for like 2 hours and realized you had to re register through the proper link to get a SQEX ID. -_-

secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/r... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/register)

You're a life saver. Thanks a ton for the link.

Asuha
6th Sep 2012, 00:42
It can definitely be confusing. I agree the log in system needs to be streamlined.

Popcicle
6th Sep 2012, 11:20
On the Alpha Test Application site this is the first requirement:

- Must currently have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account

Later opportunities to test the game during Beta will possibly open up the requirements to include individuals who aren't active players but for now, the test involves those with a current account.

The reason you ran into errors is because the game currently isn't available on our online store.

You can contact our support site through the following link: support.na.square-enix.com/ (http://support.na.square-enix.com/) there you can speak to a support representative through chat, email and phone support.

SeymourG
6th Sep 2012, 17:44
Thank you Rob, but that gives me two more questions:

Why does this FFXIV site say that it's available, along with several other sites? www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32390-final-fant... (http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32390-final-fantasy-xiv-now-available-for-purchase-via-digital-download-20111225/)
What is the 25 digit code for?

SuperShark-476232
25th Oct 2012, 16:21
So, I'm pretty new here and I wanted to sign up for the FFXIV a realm reborn alpha test but it says I need to input the right "Square Enix ID" but I have no idea what that is. I've tried with my nickname and my email but it's says it's wrong so I'm assuming it's something else.

Could anyone help a noob out? :)

Popcicle
25th Oct 2012, 18:48
Square Enix ID is specifically related to the billing for FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV. You can setup your Square Enix ID on this site:
secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/r... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/register?lng=en&rgn=na&ref=cis_na&svcgrp=Service_SEA)

PikoUchiha
25th Oct 2012, 20:20
Square Enix ID is specifically related to the billing for FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV. You can setup your Square Enix ID on this site:
secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/r... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/register?lng=en&rgn=na&ref=cis_na&svcgrp=Service_SEA)

I can't fill out the form because I am already a member on here, what do I have to do to get it to let me register? I just want to play XIV.

Skittle
26th Oct 2012, 10:22
I have a question about this, I registered myself with no issues, but now how do I apply for the testing etc? I did pre-order the game from amazon but Id like to also get in on some beta testing if possible!

Grimoire
9th Dec 2012, 17:42
[General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

[General Questions and Help (/go/thread/view/139231/29308907/General_Questions_and_Help)]

[---How do I add an avatar?

Click SETTINGS --> CHANGE AVATAR --> UPLOAD PHOTOS --> Add from my computer (choose a .jpg picture)--> START UPLOAD --> FINISHED --> SELECT PHOTO ---> And then wait for an admin to approve your avatar.]

Dekkarra
11th Dec 2012, 21:14
Slight necropost!

Why does this FFXIV site say that it's available, along with several other sites? www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32390-final-fant... (http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32390-final-fantasy-xiv-now-available-for-purchase-via-digital-download-20111225/)
What is the 25 digit code for?

The link in that article is from 2011. In July-August the game was made unavabile for purchase online and at retail, as the original version of the game was about to be shut down.
The 25 digit code is for the registration code that comes with the game, and is required to play.

DragonLordCarter
12th Dec 2012, 10:43
Just thought I'd make my first post here a "humorous" note on how differing parts of the Square-Enix system don't talk to one another.

I have FFXIV. My login info for their forums, base or ARR, log me in to those just fine; the v1 forums kick me back out thereafter, but that's because I wasn't on subscription when the cutoff was for all that jazz. However, my FFXIV "Square-Enix" login doesn't get me beyond FFXIV related stuff; I had to make a new account for the rest of the Square Enix site (like here), and was able to even use the same User Name without issue.

Ok, so I guess the silly humor might be a little hard to grasp, just thought I'd flop this out; I've 7 to go get and stuff now.*

new_tradition
12th Dec 2012, 13:40
I can't believe I'm saying this, but you might want to hold off on getting the PC version of FFVII. There's apparently mammoth amounts of issues, so much that a dedicated forum was created (though I still see sily people posting their PC problem in the general FFVII forum X_x).

Just, uh, be wary <_< >_>

Elarihdan
8th Jan 2013, 12:24
Request: Additional Account Options [Split/Registration]

Hello SE~!

I'd like to make a request for some additional account options if available. Some people are affected by this. Some through their own fault or miss-information spread from conversations past.

My wife and I each had our own SEID's and were going to pick up a copy of FFXIV (which we did). We both had separate alpha logins when it first came out.

Upon picking up the collector's edition we only had 1 token and no way at that time to buy more. To be protected it was "recommended" at that time by a representative over chat to use the buddy code and register both copies under 1 SEID so that we could use 1 token. We were told when logging in it would present us with the option to use account 1, 2, etc.

It did~! Great; but then we found out we only get:

<ul>
1 forum account
1 site profile
1 blog
1 person access to special items/events such as the new beta/alpha
[/list]

I've contacted customer service to no avail and was told this is not an option but I and many others (with legitimate reasons) feel it should be allowed, case by case, or just once. You could be the judge.

I realize this could create extra work to have a verification team to monitor this to prevent account sales; but I don't want to sell my account. I just want my wife and me to be able to partake in the community under our own terms. As it stands if I post something, or she does it's viewed as the same person and as we all know; a couple shall never always agree (sometimes ;)).

Please look into this for the future. We both have legacy at this time. We'd even be willing to buy a new account; as long as the legacy status could be transferred over and you could delete one of ours. It's very sad to lose all the r/e gear we have accumulated; but sacrifices could be made if you could very kindly grace us and others with an approval.

Thanks!

P.S. You're doing a great job in all that you do; I must say that as a company you've grown quite a bit community-wise and while you're image was great before; it's even greater now. Keep up the work!

yankele
1st Mar 2013, 02:43
Hello everyone!
Im new to the site, but all Square enix games fan.
I created a playonline account for ff11 that later became a Square Enix account when i started ff14.
I thought in registering all the codes i have with all my SE games, but when i tried to log in with my Square enix account it didnt let me.
I created a new members account but i dont know if i my account is linked with my SE account.
Please someone shed some light on my case.

Grimoire
1st Mar 2013, 06:09
The [SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1)

should be able to help you with this case.

yankele
1st Mar 2013, 12:10
thx, gonna check it right away!

Grimoire
1st Mar 2013, 15:49
You might also want to give them a call: [SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] 310-846-0345

member_10237266
18th Apr 2013, 22:31
So it's been a while and I wanted to try out the new FF14 beta. When I try to get on my Square Enix Management Account, I do not remember my password.

I go and do the password recovery option, but it does not take my birthday. I tried to call but there is no longer phone support. I tried chat support but I was given the run around. I tried e-mail support but I was given a link to the password recovery page which I cannot use.

There's no way for me to recover this account. Why the hell do I need my birthday anyways? Does not clicking on the link on my e-mail give you enough information that it's actually my account?

Seriously, I've been running around looking for someone to help but noone was able to. I put in 3 tickets to try and recover the account all which just points me to the password recovery page which DOES NOT WORK!

I don't understand why it's so hard to recover my account? Does Square Enix not want my money when FF14 comes out? Am I going to have to create another account for both an e-mail and square password? I freaking already bought FF14 (which was technically a beta to begin with) and you expect me to work to recover the game I shouldn't have bought in the first place?

The lack of customer service is truly disturbing.

rebelrsr
19th Apr 2013, 20:33
So it's been a while and I wanted to try out the new FF14 beta. When I try to get on my Square Enix Management Account, I do not remember my password.

I go and do the password recovery option, but it does not take my birthday. I tried to call but there is no longer phone support. I tried chat support but I was given the run around. I tried e-mail support but I was given a link to the password recovery page which I cannot use.

There's no way for me to recover this account. Why the hell do I need my birthday anyways? Does not clicking on the link on my e-mail give you enough information that it's actually my account?

Seriously, I've been running around looking for someone to help but noone was able to. I put in 3 tickets to try and recover the account all which just points me to the password recovery page which DOES NOT WORK!

I don't understand why it's so hard to recover my account? Does Square Enix not want my money when FF14 comes out? Am I going to have to create another account for both an e-mail and square password? I freaking already bought FF14 (which was technically a beta to begin with) and you expect me to work to recover the game I shouldn't have bought in the first place?

Don't feel bad. I can't do anything except sign in. I can't sign in to the support center without a one time password, yet can't even get a one time password without signing in with one. I couldn't sign into POL, and last time i tried POL seams to have disappeared from my pc. Why did i pay $40 dollars for a stupid game i can't even play, or get any answers for from the so-called support team.

member_10498859
20th Apr 2013, 15:44
I got invited to the ff14 beta, been waiting since it closed to play this awesome game, but i've forgotten my password (Even tho im pretty sure i put in the right one as i've used all of my common passwords) and i've also forgotten which secret question and answer, i've tried using the support center, but even tho i select the "Can't remember pass, or security question/answers", it directs me to support mail WHICH REQUIRES YOUR SECURITY QUESTION AND ANSWER, and as far as im aware phone support is down for square enix, i am currently logged in through my facebook, does anyone know what i could do to retrieve my account? i mean i only spent over 100$ playing ff14 and i refuse to make a new account and lose it all, thanks for any help/input, prefer it if a moderator or square enix employ could help me.

member_10237266
20th Apr 2013, 23:13

Don't feel bad. I can't do anything except sign in. I can't sign in to the support center without a one time password, yet can't even get a one time password without signing in with one. I couldn't sign into POL, and last time i tried POL seams to have disappeared from my pc. Why did i pay $40 dollars for a stupid game i can't even play, or get any answers for from the so-called support team.

Amen good sir. Bring back phone support.

member_10237266
20th Apr 2013, 23:21
Trust me man, I know how you feel.

I'm trying to reclaim my lost POL/Square Enix Management Account. I say forgot password. And they shoot me an e-mail. Which takes me to the change password screen. But for some reason my birthday doesn't work. I know my secret damn password, I got the damn e-mail, why is it my birthday doesn't work?

It's really frustrating me that what's causing me not being able to the game is the same thing that's suppose to keep other people from accessing my account.

And that's the account I have my FF14 attached to. So seriously Square, the serious lack of customer support is terrible. Making your customers run around to get some answers are not giving you guys a good repetoire with the people who want to freaking PLAY YOUR GAME!

member_10498859
21st Apr 2013, 00:34
Yeah man i'm pretty much at a dead stop unless someone steps up with some info on these situations, they need a phone line i can call too or osmething.

rockstarnaja
21st Apr 2013, 04:02
''The code's region is inapplicable.*
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account.''

What is this?
code in the mail did not. T-T help me please. I want play ff14 very* * * Thank you*T-T

Grimoire
21st Apr 2013, 04:22
Contact customer support (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1).

member_10417411
22nd May 2013, 16:50
yeah man im having same problem.. i already forgot my pw=.= doesnt take my bday idk wat to do

Elarihdan
24th May 2013, 00:52
No response yet :( Also since the news release on FFXIV ARR for PS3; We now only get to attach it to one ffxiv service account. Is there anything that can be done?

As it stands now one of use has to loose the goobbue mount/legacy status and go out and buy 3 more copies of the game just to have PS3 access for our accounts.

1 PS3 copy for me. 1 PS3 copy for wife, and one PC copy for her so she has the dual login.

Titanus
24th May 2013, 03:18
So I pre-ordered 2 digital download copies of FF14, one for me and one for my gf. As I understand it, once the game goes live I'll have to tie/link these game copies (a.k.a. FF14 service accounts) to a Square-Enix (SE) Account to use them. Are there any advantages to linking both game copies to the same SE account, or should I make a separate SE account for each game?

If this were World of Warcraft, for example, I'd go for the two game copies under one account as that would let me trade characters between accounts. Is there such a bonus with FF14? In another thread I read that if two game copies exist under one SE account you still only get 1 forum account, 1 site profile, 1 blog, and 1 person access to special items/events such as the new beta/alpha... things that I would gladly overlook if there were some silver lining to having both in 1 account.

Suggestions?

Titanus
24th May 2013, 03:20
So I pre-ordered 2 digital download copies of FF14, one for me and one for my gf. As I understand it, once the game goes live I'll have to tie/link these game copies (a.k.a. FF14 service accounts) to a Square-Enix (SE) Account to use them. Are there any advantages to linking both game copies to the same SE account, or should I make a separate SE account for each game?

If this were World of Warcraft, for example, I'd go for the two game copies under one account as that would let me trade characters between accounts. Is there such a bonus with FF14? In another thread I read that if two game copies exist under one SE account you still only get 1 forum account, 1 site profile, 1 blog, and 1 person access to special items/events such as the new beta/alpha... things that I would gladly overlook if there were some silver lining to having both in 1 account.

Suggestions?

member_10548237
24th May 2013, 07:05
I would create a second account to link it to. Unless they have added something new if you did link them to the same one, only one person would be able to play at a time.

cody040192
29th May 2013, 04:36
[General Forum Guidelines (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Avoid posting the same messages in multiple forums across the board to widen the audience. In most instances, the forums are designed to reflect news and information specifically to single forums. If you feel the information is relevant somewhere else, be sure to cater that message to the different audience that might be visiting a separate forum category. Also avoid spamming your message multiple times in the same thread.]

It's in the actual Cautions please read those guidelines.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/)

Please click Important notices

<b class="StrongText">Play Cross-Platform with Windows PC & PlayStation 3 Users[/b]

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is available on both Windows PC and PlayStation 3, and players from both versions will be able to play together regardless of the version they purchase!

<b class="StrongText">Logging into the Same Account on both Windows and PlayStation 3[/b]

Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

<b class="StrongText">Important Information for Customers Purchasing the PlayStation 3 Version[/b]

You will only be able to register one copy of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn for PlayStation 3 to a Sony Entertainment Network account. It is not possible to register or play two or more copies of the PS3 version on the same account even if you purchase additional software.

Please note that only one Sony Entertainment Network account can be linked to a Square Enix Account.

<b class="StrongText">Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade Service[/b]

The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the &ldquo;FFXIV Service Center&rdquo; website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.

Please again remember that ONE Square account PER GAME PER PSN.

No added benefits it simply WILL NOT Work.

RichardLuciano1991
2nd Jun 2013, 01:16
I had purchased FFXIV 1.0 back before the servers went down and I have a product code that came with it but it was from gamestop and only downloadable, but the product code does not seem to fit in the registration box for registering games for points. I am also looking to get the priority on beta phase 3 since I purchased it.

member_10523827
7th Jun 2013, 13:08
i got this problem too. i just want to get my password changed. sigh so difficult this is -_-

MageSlayer
7th Jun 2013, 14:10
Quite possibly one of the most horrible user systems I've ever used. I can rarely ever log in and when I do I'm randomly sent to either the EU site or the NA site which each has a different profile! This is a seriously BAD system!

UndefeatedIrish
8th Jun 2013, 23:27
I apologize if this has already been answered, but everything I've read online seems a bit ambiguous and doesn't directly answer my question.

I pre-ordered the PS3 CE. If I pre-order the PC version as well, can I attach both registration codes to the same service account? Thus allowing me to play my character(s) on either platform if I so choose?

And I guess I have a second question also: If the first scenario is possible, could I play one character on PS3 and another character from the same service account on PC simultaneously?

Thanks for all the help, so pumped for this game. It'll be my third MMO (played extensively) after RuneScape (don't laugh :P) and WoW. I have a feeling this will blow both of them out of the water.

Paladin_Locke
8th Jun 2013, 23:42
I apologize if this has already been answered, but everything I've read online seems a bit ambiguous and doesn't directly answer my question.

I pre-ordered the PS3 CE. If I pre-order the PC version as well, can I attach both registration codes to the same service account? Thus allowing me to play my character(s) on either platform if I so choose?

And I guess I have a second question also: If the first scenario is possible, could I play one character on PS3 and another character from the same service account on PC simultaneously?

Thanks for all the help, so pumped for this game. It'll be my third MMO (played extensively) after RuneScape (don't laugh :P) and WoW. I have a feeling this will blow both of them out of the water.

Hello. Yes, this is a fairly common question but I don't mind answering it again.

You can indeed purchase a copy for PC and PS3, and attach them to the same account. A lot of people seem to think that if you buy one or the other, it will still work on both PC and PS3. It does not. If you bought the PC version, you are essentially buying access to play from that platform only. If you buy both, you have bought yourself access to play from both.

For your other question, no, you can't log in to the same account from two platforms at the same time. Imagine for a second that you could. SE would lose TONS of money because groups of people would be playing on the same account and wouldn't need to pay for it themselves. Considering you can make 8 characters per server, that would be up to 7 other people playing that aren't paying a monthly fee. Granted, you have to have your account tied to your PSN or whatever, but you can see the point.

Hopefully this helps clarify things. Also, hopefully it will pull you away from the catastrophe that is WoW. You should have known better :P

Freyt
8th Jun 2013, 23:43
I'm not sure how stupid this sounds or not. I heard you could do this with FF11 (not sure how true that is), and some other games have done it (not a lot of them though).

I know you can't do it with PS3 and PC, but what about PC and PC? Basically I'd love for me and my brother to be able to play the game, without subscribing twice.

x3Noctis
8th Jun 2013, 23:47
Nope. It doesn't work that way.

Fubar4585
8th Jun 2013, 23:57
WoW died a long time ago for me. It's beating a dead horse right now, but yes, I agree this will be the new 'big thing' for the MMO players. I expect the F2P MMOs will be feeling it as well when this game launches or shortly thereafter.

Aside from that...Welcome aboard and see you in-game! : )

member_10547357
10th Jun 2013, 11:13
Also you can register only one PS3 code to your account. My guess is that only people that have registered both copies on their account can play in both systems (which kinda sucks to be honest xD... it would be nice to play with your account in any of both systems).

member_10547357
10th Jun 2013, 11:20
The game is linked to your account, so when you login, you use your SE account, what happened in FFXI was that the last pc that logged into the game take the character and the pc that was logged in first got a message about the character login in a different place and you get disconnected (I remember this happened to me one or two times). dunno if that is going to happen here. My guess is that you or your brother wont be able to login.

Somebody put an scenario on a different post that explains why, which is that if you pay the standard payment, you can have up to 8 character on the same world, which means that you will have 8 different people playing the game at the same time by paying just one.

whitecloud197
14th Jun 2013, 09:41
I have a question

I am attempting to register for the FFXIV ARR Beta, And I have to create a whole new Account,

I tried the account recovery for the 2 emails I have used for over 10 years and what i have used for FFXI and FFXIV and I get the "Were sorry there is no account assiciated with these emails"

It has been over a year since i played FFXIV and 5 years since i played XI.

Is my old accounts deleted? i had 3 level 50 Characters on FFXIV when I played it and now there lost forever?

Is there anything I can do ?

I mean i created this new Square Enix ID and im going to start all over but i dont want to if i dont have to.

whitecloud197
14th Jun 2013, 09:59

I am having the same issue.

I played FFXI way back

I played FFXIV when it came out for about 6 months or more.

I stopped playing for a year, now i want to play FFXIV ARR but my account info is gone. Not Lost Gone. I try password recoveries and what not any my Square Enix ID assiciate with both of my emails is GONE.

I have to create a new one and yet this website is so Fing Buggy every time i try to log in it reverts me back to the log in page I cannot download the stupid beta or get on teh forums.

Im really feeling like a hater right now.

jcalano93
14th Jun 2013, 10:59
I got into the beta. Go to download it, everythings fine. Log in, I don't know my ID. I look on the website it tells me where to go to find it, I go there and I log in using my Email and password on the account, everytime it says "ID or password incorrect" I have changed my password 3 times and even remade a new account still can't figure it out. How do I find out my Square Enix ID. Please someone help me?

SoulEaterQUEEN
14th Jun 2013, 11:19
So I practically breaking my keyboard here. I can't login to Square Enix account management. I was able to once, and then after it won't let me even though I write in the exam information I did a few minutes ago.

I even made a new Square Enix account but apparently, my account is wrong.

Anyone else receiving this error? this is me trying get into the Beta though after receiving the code.

I forgot to mention that I already entered in my beta key to the account so I can't just keep making new ones...

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 11:23
no i was able to log in first try. only time it didnt was when i was typing my password wrong. you could do a password reset o rmaybe your user name is put in wrong. If you have auto fill enabled it might put in the wrong uername and password

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 11:23
no i was able to log in first try. only time it didnt was when i was typing my password wrong. you could do a password reset o rmaybe your user name is put in wrong. If you have auto fill enabled it might put in the wrong uername and password

mpbdracossack
14th Jun 2013, 13:10
im having the same problem, i put everything correct but i keep getting ivalid password

RYork0185
14th Jun 2013, 13:22
I have changed my password a few times and it still says its incorrect when i try to sign in

changwar
14th Jun 2013, 13:23
What's the one time password that I needed in order to log in besides the Square enix account login??

member_10254642
14th Jun 2013, 13:25
same thing here says password is wrong ..but yet worked logging in here...........

Wolfdre
14th Jun 2013, 13:28
Im having this issue if i try to use the bottom two links from the FFXIV registration email. Logging in from another link works fine also produces the captcha. The PS3 codes also do not work. Are these emails even legit?

Pipegoon
14th Jun 2013, 13:33
Having same problem. It is asking for a one time password on third line. Where do you get one time password. Ever time I try tof follow links t get one it spends me on a loop asking for one time password again.

i know password and I'd is correct cuz I'm logged on here.

SoulEaterQUEEN
14th Jun 2013, 13:39
Having same problem. It is asking for a one time password on third line. Where do you get one time password. Ever time I try tof follow links t get one it spends me on a loop asking for one time password again.

i know password and I'd is correct cuz I'm logged on here.

Okay, I can log in fine now, I just have to make sure my user is all in lowercase, and only type in the one time password ONE TIME despite it being displayed on the login screen.

You make up the one time password with 6 random digits.

Grimoire
14th Jun 2013, 13:46
Contact [SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Support] [/url][url="http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1"]support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1)

This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

...make sure that you have read the [General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)] thoroughly.

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

There is a search function. Use it. Too many threads about the same subject will make you lose track of the more informative ones. For example:

[PS3 Beta (/go/thread/view/139235/29966497/PS3_Beta)]

[I'm in the beta!] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29967047/Im_in_the_beta!)

[PLEASE READ AND STOP ASKING ABOUT KEYS!] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29966543/PLEASE_READ_AND_STOP_ASKING_ABOUT_KEYS!)

[Can't log in to Beta forums? Here's the probable solution] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29966927/Cant_log_in_to_Beta_forums__Heres_the_probable_solution)

[PS3 Party forming/group gathering/etc. (/go/thread/view/139235/29961815/PS3_Party_forminggroup_gatheringetc.)]

If possible, redirect your questions to a more frequented thread.

But, first and foremost: see if you can find an answer to your question here:

[FINAL FANTASY XIV Support Center] support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5382&la=1&SQEXSC=h2jl4qa23jhh65luoggbfhkpc0)

Boko
14th Jun 2013, 13:48
I'm having the same issue.. it's not letting my log in. inccorect id or password. yet here i am logged in posting...

Shace
14th Jun 2013, 13:49
Are you entering your email or your Square Enix ID?

For me when I was trying my email it wouldn't work, but when I did my Square Enix ID it worked... seems strange to me, but that might be it...

member_10163134
14th Jun 2013, 13:51

exact same issue. after entering the code I clicked on the option to enter forums and download client and suddenly I get "Invalid ID or password" even though it is the exact information I used to register the code to my account. This sucks but glad to see I'm not alone. Hopefully it will be fixed.

member_10163134
14th Jun 2013, 13:53
Oops, quoted the wrong post in my reply. Anyway, same issue...can't log in.

bsobs74
14th Jun 2013, 13:54
Why is this so hard?

Jay_Fury
14th Jun 2013, 13:57
Same problem. Was about to smash my keyboard til I saw other people were having it too.

captpluto946
14th Jun 2013, 13:59
Same problems. Their site is terrible. It reminds me of that Konami ID failure back with Metal Gear Online. I've changed my password like five times. I was able to login maybe once when entering the Beta promotion code. Then nothing after that. Really tired of entering a Captcha code everytime.

SoulEaterQUEEN
14th Jun 2013, 14:04
Please note that you CANNOT link your existing Square Enix account unless you properly find your ID according to Square Enix.

Refer to this thread for help on this:

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966927/Cant_log_in_to_Beta_forums__Heres_the_probable_solution)

Otherwise, you have to make a new account like I did.

Be Weary that even if you did use caps in your user log in account, it has to be entered all lowercase.

plagues
14th Jun 2013, 14:12
So I practically breaking my keyboard here. I can't login to Square Enix account management. I was able to once, and then after it won't let me even though I write in the exam information I did a few minutes ago.

Anyone else receiving this error? this is me trying get into the Beta though after receiving the code.

I forgot to mention that I already entered in my beta key to the account so I can't just keep making new ones...

this is one of the largest tech companys on the planet? lol... please. they have a serious history over a decade of total failure for online gaming in the FF series

RPGGoddess
14th Jun 2013, 14:15

Having the same issue. I can't use the site where you link the beta code with your Square Enix account. It gives me an error about wrong ID or password. I know I am using the correct credentials, since I can login to this site with no problem. Very frustrating!!

Boko
14th Jun 2013, 14:16
Please note that you CANNOT link your existing Square Enix account unless you properly find your ID according to Square Enix.

Refer to this thread for help on this:

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29966927/Cant_log_in_to_Beta_forums__Heres_the_probable_solution)

Otherwise, you have to make a new account like I did.

Be Weary that even if you did use caps in your user log in account, it has to be entered all lowercase.

So I cant use this account im posting with right now?

member_10528979
14th Jun 2013, 14:18
I have an issue as well. I cant login. Its asking for username and email and one time use password? where can i find my username? i thought it was the same as my email?...... also what is onetime password? haha

Selenian
14th Jun 2013, 14:23
i'm getting the same thing trying to log in to do the beta.

Yet my password is correct for just logging through site.

member_10770603
14th Jun 2013, 14:28
Just put in your username and your password... do not put in a onetime password

Painjunkie
14th Jun 2013, 14:32
I can log in to my SE account.

When i click the link to register for beta forums i get prompted to sign in.

I USE THE SAME INFORMATION AND ITS TELLING ME MY PASSWORD IS INVALID

I AM ANGRY ALREADY. NOT A GOOD START SE

member_10539628
14th Jun 2013, 14:41
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966927/Cant_log_in_to_Beta_forums__Heres_the_probable_solution) Look at this. Try this.

Painjunkie
14th Jun 2013, 14:52
i tried that. its not working.

Thankyou though.

Omeros
14th Jun 2013, 14:59
Got the beta key email this morning, went to apply it to my account but I get the same error as everyone else in this thread. I've tried each of the following combinations as "fixes" for logging in:

1. Correctly capitalized account name (NOT the email associated to the account), correct password, no one-time password

2. Correctly capitalized account name, correct password, made-up one-time password

3. All lowercase in account name, correct password, no one-time password

4. All lowercase in account name, correct password, made-up one-time password

5. All lowercase in account name and any capital letters in password replaced with lowercase (hey, who knows?), no one-time password

6. All lowercase in account name and any capital letters in password replaced with lowercase, made-up one-time password

None worked. I can, however, log into my account from the SE main website and have zero problems doing so.

And to those of you linking that other thread as a "solution" - you've completely missed the point of this thread. That one is for people who have already applied their beta key to their account and are having troubles with the forums for whatever reason. This thread is for those of us who can't even log in to apply the beta key to our accounts. Nothing in that thread was useful for our situation.

ASorelle
14th Jun 2013, 15:01
Got the beta key email this morning, went to apply it to my account but I get the same error as everyone else in this thread. I've tried each of the following combinations as "fixes" for logging in:

1. Correctly capitalized account name (NOT the email associated to the account), correct password, no one-time password

2. Correctly capitalized account name, correct password, made-up one-time password

3. All lowercase in account name, correct password, no one-time password

4. All lowercase in account name, correct password, made-up one-time password

5. All lowercase in account name and any capital letters in password replaced with lowercase (hey, who knows?), no one-time password

6. All lowercase in account name and any capital letters in password replaced with lowercase, made-up one-time password

None worked. I can, however, log into my account from the SE main website and have zero problems doing so.

And to those of you linking that other thread as a "solution" - you've completely missed the point of this thread. That one is for people who have already applied their beta key to their account and are having troubles with the forums for whatever reason. This thread is for those of us who can't even log in to apply the beta key to our accounts. Nothing in that thread was useful for our situation.

+1 same issue

Pipegoon
14th Jun 2013, 15:06
Same issue. You explain it perfectly. ive done all those combos as well with the same results even though I'm able to log onto SE account perfectly fine. Follow the link on email to redeem beta registration code and can't.

SilverStriker7
14th Jun 2013, 15:19
I wonder how long it's going to take until someone actually realizes some people are not able to register for the beta (myself included). I've been on my computer for a long time trying to figure out why it says my ID or password is incorrect. Clearly for most of us if we're able to login in here why can't we login on the link where it says "Click here to register your beta registration code". Must. Find. Solution.

sikyo9710
14th Jun 2013, 15:24
this is seriously annoying. ive got everything done but i cant register or link accounts can log in fine here. even post. but when i try to log in to register my code or on the game itself, it keeps saying invalid. what the hell square?

Painjunkie
14th Jun 2013, 15:26
I also have tried everything.

I can log onto all of my account pages between this one and the other SE site. Ive tried just my SE ID and password....Tried my email.....

just says that its invalid. No Forum mods, No Dev info, No help at all so far.

I cant even ask for help, because i am prompted to sign in and thats not being accepted either. Why for the love of god are we asked to sign in FOR EVERY Service linked to us.

Omeros
14th Jun 2013, 15:30
I decided to try something ridiculous since everything sensible or even moderately insane had failed. That is, I took another gmail account and registered it with a new SE account. And guess what? The d*** thing worked this time with no problems, nothing! Well, except for one thing: the account registration service (i.e. applying your beta key) is currently down for maintenance.

Possible changes that may have lead to this:

1. New account name was all lowercase, old one had a capital letter in it

2. New account password was all lowercase / symbol / numbers (no capital letters)

End result: I have a second SE account I never wanted and I still haven't applied my beta key, but at least I made it past log in.

Pipegoon
14th Jun 2013, 15:30
I'm eager to play we'll well, spent half the day on this. Orz

member_10321944
14th Jun 2013, 15:44
I'm trying to sign into my square enix account on my ps3 for the beta test of ff XIV. I put in my info, which i know is correct because im signed in on the website, and it says "a country of residence is not registered to this account. Please log in to the Square Enix account management system and register your country of residence." I checked my info on the website and my country of residence and state are both correct, i have no idea why this isn't working, HELP!

member_10206757
14th Jun 2013, 15:48
im dealing with the same problem atm. No solutions yet.

Pipegoon
14th Jun 2013, 15:50
A new email account does it. hit the "I don't have an account button, used new email, new id. Worked...beta reg. accepted.

member_10321944
14th Jun 2013, 15:51
Im glad im not the only one having this issue! Let me know if you figure out anything!

member_10206757
14th Jun 2013, 15:55
secure.square-enix.com/account/app (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app )

member_10321944
14th Jun 2013, 16:00
It says it's down for maintenance :(

member_10321944
14th Jun 2013, 16:04
nm got it with your link! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

member_10376613
14th Jun 2013, 16:10
Says down for maintenance... Any help?

MasamuneHP
14th Jun 2013, 16:16
Gravity SERIOUSLY, stop spamming posts with this reply. The fact is the link you've posted for the wrong region solves nothing.

member_10433619
14th Jun 2013, 16:16
I've found the solution:

www.square-enix.com/na/account/ (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/) Go there then click on Square Enix Management System on the left, it's a blue box. Just verify your country of residence. Good luck!

member_10254642
14th Jun 2013, 16:28
i got in by not putting in the one time password , just skip it even tho its has * by it you dont need it

member_10174415
14th Jun 2013, 16:30
I'm trying to sign into my square enix account on my ps3 for the beta test of ff XIV. I put in my info, which i know is correct because im signed in on the website, and it says "a country of residence is not registered to this account. Please log in to the Square Enix account management system and register your country of residence." I checked my info on the website and my country of residence and state are both correct, i have no idea why this isn't working, HELP!

Are you Canadian? I think there was a workaround on the beta forums. Canadian residents got US associated codes.

U_FeelinBlue
14th Jun 2013, 16:37
Hey is anyone else still experiencing problems logging in. Are the servers still down for the PS3 beta testing because it keeps saying "Server not responding"...This is my first ever beta test and I'm so confused LOL

Selenian
14th Jun 2013, 16:42
I tried the new account got to the code and said it was invalid -.-

nlaubach
14th Jun 2013, 16:44
Like everyone else here I can't log into Square Enix Account management to get into the beta

SSJAU
14th Jun 2013, 16:52
same problem here

brittardiff
14th Jun 2013, 17:19
I was having the same issues for the PS3.

What I did was click the option that I had no SE account, even though I did. And tried resigning up with my same log in information and it said my current username was available. So this way I can log in with my current information without remaking an account. Woo!

http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-sealed.gif

nekoshinigami
14th Jun 2013, 17:48
i did just as brittany said, apparently the SE Account for this beta isn't your regular Account. possibly due to being on a different server or something. you can create the Account from the registration process on your PS3 or do it on your PC like i did. immediately after making the new account i was able to log in. however once i get to the part that asks for my registration code it gives me an error that the service is under maintenance. I will be monitoring this further, I can't wait to get started testing FFXIV:ARR. FF Has been my favorite franchise for YEARS, some of their later work has been dissapointing when compared to their earlier stuff, but even their failures were AWESOME! SE could literally release an 8-bit ps4 game and put a FF title on it, I'd buy the collectors edition!

hope the maintenance is over soon, hurry SE!

evalvo4
14th Jun 2013, 17:55
I am getting that same exact issue where I try to log in to beta with my SE ID and it keeps saying Invaild/password wrong! big red letters and I want to Download and play so, I am going in to a corner to cry

sikyo9710
14th Jun 2013, 18:12
found a fix? create an account on the playstation. lol not on the pc. go through the app process on the console itself. let me log right on.

KageBatsu2
14th Jun 2013, 18:36
It's not letting me sign in or create another account on the PS3. When I select United States as my country while signing up it reroutes me to a under maintenance page. Invalid UN or PW when I sign in.

evalvo4
14th Jun 2013, 18:42
I don't have PS3 I thought these were PC too so, Now need fix for PC users

KMYAMBAO21
14th Jun 2013, 18:43
Guys!! If you can't log in the beta then there is another way to do it. Search "Sqare Enix Account Management System" and make an account there. I made an account there and then after that i was able to log in the beta! The registration code is needed of course.. Good Luck Guys!! Hope this works!

evalvo4
14th Jun 2013, 18:49
that doesn't work because Beta says invaild if enter more then once I have tried this with another email account.

KMYAMBAO21
14th Jun 2013, 18:54
The Management System is different from the regular Square Enix Account. You also link it with the regular SE account and PSN. i tried it myself and worked. I used the same email with the Regular SE account with my Management System Account.

midorilove
When I try ot login to my SE accont on the PS3 it keeps telling me that my ID or password is incorrect... I have used it to log in here and it works ... so frustrated =(

Mono
Yup, login problems here as well.
Actually, I should have clicked this topic before I created mine just now. Looks like you haven't received any help. :(
Is this ongoing, or a recent issue as beta dropped?

KMYAMBAO21
14th Jun 2013, 19:04
When I try ot login to my SE accont on the PS3 it keeps telling me that my ID or password is incorrect... I have used it to log in here and it works ... so frustrated =(

Check my post regarding the SE Management System.. :D It worked for me so i would expect it to work for you guys too.

nekoshinigami
14th Jun 2013, 20:43

this is caused by the accounts being 2 different accounts. you can make an account here

secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/L... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account)

and then you can login just fine. you can even use the exact same stuff you do for this account. i did, works just fine. good luck putting in the code though, so many people are rushing in to do it it looks like they had to temporarily take it down for maintenance.

Tanthalis
14th Jun 2013, 21:06
Lonnie. That is where it is telling me Invalid user ID or Password. And if I try to make an account it says it already exits for that email. Which leads me straight back to this spot.

nekoshinigami
14th Jun 2013, 21:20
try with a different email then, or try the account recovery.

also have you played ffxiv or ffxi before? if you played previously, and used the 2-step verification, then you do need the otc. (one time code)

If you have not, then you do not need the otc, just pass it by and you'll be fine. once you setup that account ( doesn't matter what email you use) you can still link it to this account, just remember when signing into FFXIV:ARR you will neet that account's info not this one.

I believe that should help, if you still have trouble after that, then you should submit a support ticket to SE. it will take a while, as I am sure they are swamped right now, but try that first just to make sure.

Tanthalis
14th Jun 2013, 21:34
Just used my LAST email to try to create one on the PS3. Got the confirmation email, typed in that 8 digit code... and then the system said it had a problem. That made it restart. Which means that that code wasn't confirmed and now that email and username is wasted too. If I didn't love FF so much I would definitely give up... and I'm almost there now as it is.

member_10429713
14th Jun 2013, 21:45
I totally forgot my username and password for enix square account. but i was able to login using my facebook account( which is nice ).
but when im tried to login my facebook account on FF14 beta, email address was too long and failed to login.

so i was wondering how would i know my username and password .

i also tried reseting/changing my password but the site says i had input the wrong birthday. ( What!? )

ok so i was able to find the first ever email i recieved from square enix about registering my account. so now i know what my square enix ID is. i just need to know how to reset password successfully. ( for some reason, it just have the wrong bday date)

member_10501759
14th Jun 2013, 22:06
Try sending a report to Square Support

member_10429713
14th Jun 2013, 22:09
Try sending a report to Square Support

i actually did email them, but apparently they arent responding at all. i just though theres someone with the same case as me who can help me.

member_10635224
14th Jun 2013, 22:25
Im in the same boat as you. apparently, they only check emails mon-fri 9-6, which makes me question why they decided to release the beta on a friday considering that there is most likely going to be a high support volume initally

member_10429713
14th Jun 2013, 22:28
my point exactly. we are supposed to wait until monday for them to properly reply all problems.

member_10428120
14th Jun 2013, 23:05
this is so frustrating

member_10429713
14th Jun 2013, 23:52
ive been waiting for game to come out, but still cant play it. shame.

openmind305
15th Jun 2013, 00:00
so i downloaded the beta from the code i got in the email they sent me
i went to the square enix site and created an account
i tried to log in to the beta on my ps3 and this is what i keep getting -

ID or password is incorrect

i dont have a one-time password so here are my questions -

do i need a one-time password to log in to the beta? if so how do i get one?
how come my id and password let me log into this site but not the ps3 beta?
how come i cant log in and i see others on my friends list playing all day long?

yes i think this is totally stupid, please help me, i just want to play...

Sol_darkside77
15th Jun 2013, 00:18
im in the same boat as you man, let me know if ya find something

lestat115
15th Jun 2013, 00:23
yeah same here http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

pheonixblack
15th Jun 2013, 00:24
I'm stuck too.

Francision
15th Jun 2013, 00:30
Been getting the same error since this morning. What the heck is going on?

Shelianna
15th Jun 2013, 00:31
i was happy when i got the key and signed up as well, same error for me.

they need to fix this.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

pheonixblack
15th Jun 2013, 00:32
Anyone know how long the beta is?, that would suck if I don't even get in before its over.

DreamEater14
15th Jun 2013, 00:34
If you guys head to the bottom of the page, find "One Time Password" and click it. There, it'll tell you that you can buy a security key for $10 or get the free app. I suggest the app and I'm sure you all have from here. Good luck.

Ladytsunade
15th Jun 2013, 00:35
This is happening to me too, any solutions yet???

Shelianna
15th Jun 2013, 00:45
If you guys head to the bottom of the page, find "One Time Password" and click it. There, it'll tell you that you can buy a security key for $10 or get the free app. I suggest the app and I'm sure you all have from here. Good luck.

yeah it's not the token that is the problem i can't sign into anything except the main square enix account, can't even get into the account management. keeps saying id or password is incorrect.

MauriColyer
15th Jun 2013, 00:49
Same problem as everyone, my ps3 password is not letting me download the Beta.

member_10716047
15th Jun 2013, 00:51
ARGH!!!! My PS3 was jammed on the screen where you have to enter the beta code! http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif I've just restarted my system, but should I give up and try emailing Square Enix about this issue?

pheonixblack
15th Jun 2013, 00:51
Same problem as everyone, my ps3 password is not letting me download the Beta.

It went smooth for me, but I'm stuck at log in now.

member_10716047
15th Jun 2013, 00:53
Never mind! Got luck and got in this time! /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

There are some topics on the screen where I am downloading the demo, and several of them say there will be problems "depending on login concentration and server congestion."

zubin.ajjamada
15th Jun 2013, 01:20
I registerd to SE via Facebook and my email.

But typing in the email into the ID part...my email doesnt fit, I cant get the .com part in there... D=

Help?

zubin.ajjamada
15th Jun 2013, 01:33
Its a pretty good tip, IF! you havent already used the registration code with your previous accout when the authentication servers (login servers) were still alive.

I didnt play FF14 1.0, is SE ID Linked as all your characters names or can you customize different names in character creation?

maxberrios04
15th Jun 2013, 01:38
so i downloaded the beta from the code i got in the email they sent me
i went to the square enix site and created an account
i tried to log in to the beta on my ps3 and this is what i keep getting -

ID or password is incorrect

i dont have a one-time password so here are my questions -

do i need a one-time password to log in to the beta? if so how do i get one?
how come my id and password let me log into this site but not the ps3 beta?
how come i cant log in and i see others on my friends list playing all day long?

yes i think this is totally stupid, please help me, i just want to play...

A few days ago I created my Square-Enix website account. When I was in the Final Fantasy XIV PS3 Beta launchscreen, I used my loggon information from this Square-Enix website account to log into the game. I received a message that stated, " ID or password is incorrect". I then chose to register for a new account within the FFXIV PS3 Beta Launchscreen. I used the same information that I typed for my Square-Enix website account into the FFXIV PS3 Beta register screen. Meaning that I type the same username, email, and all other information; and it accepted it.

So try that. Try typing the same account information you typed to create your Square-Enix website account into the FFXIV PS3 Beta register screen.

gragginator
15th Jun 2013, 01:39
I'm in the same boat as all of you. However, I did enjoy, for the past 45 minutes, going through all the hoops possible for trying to gain access to the android version of the phone application for one-time passwords, and to my disappointment, I needed to have bought something else to be able to even use it..

sooo, unless there is some free way that someone can help all of us out with, we all have to buy security tokens. Or so it would appear...

member_10238820
15th Jun 2013, 02:10
Same issue here. Giving up for now. /sigh

duke701
15th Jun 2013, 02:17
For the ps3 go and doo al it says up to the point where it asks you if u have a account. I also tryed and said yes and put in my UN and Pass then it sais one time code sadly i dont have one so i try the other option to make a account.It seems this account is different from the square enix main account. So i did all it said and im downloading the beta as i type going to take me 89 min and its 3:16 am here so im off to bed hope this helps cya.

openmind305
15th Jun 2013, 02:52
another thing that i noticed im having problems with -

when i try to log into the square enix account management system i have the same problem

ID or password invalid

so if i did forget my password, which i didnt, i cant even recover it or delete my account or edit anything to try and recover my account in the first place

even if i wanted to get a one- time password, i need a one- time password to log in to the management screen

is it just me or is this just a rediculous circle that they keep looping me around in-

i always end up with ID or password invalid wherever i go

thanks square enix this is fun...

Mono
15th Jun 2013, 03:18
Yeah..... If they are out of the office over the weekend, then my guess would be none of us are getting into phase 3. How long is phase 3, a few days?
Hopefully they fix this glitch before phase 4.
What a disappointment. I was really looking forward to creating a female Roe to play around with. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

member_10576498
15th Jun 2013, 05:23
forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/register.... (https://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/register.php ) i enter my account information and i get the above error. Ive gone through my entire account service its active any ideas guys?

member_10576498
15th Jun 2013, 05:24
It even says Active service acounts Final Fantasy XIV so im perplexed and wondering if this is a issue with SE

lyles
15th Jun 2013, 08:13
It even says Active service acounts Final Fantasy XIV so im perplexed and wondering if this is a issue with SE

I can't log into either lodestone forums because it says I don't have an active character or account wasn't active in the last 30 days.

member_10366479
15th Jun 2013, 09:21
Hello,

Can anyone give me a link to the link account page for PSN
I looked online and they said its in the left column but its not there.
I also think its the only problem I am having from playing the beta!

moooka
15th Jun 2013, 09:28
It didn't work for my current account, I just made a new account and logged in successfully.

member_10072905
15th Jun 2013, 11:33
When I try to log into the PS3 beta to link my accounts I keep getting invalid password. I have a security token, the same one that came with 1.0 Collectors Edition, so I assume it has something to do with that.

But when I try to log into the account management system, I am told it is down for maintenance! It has been like this pretty much all day, or at least after accepting the fact that both my ID and password are correct.

tatto
15th Jun 2013, 12:33
same problem, ID or password invalid... did anyone get around this yet?

openmind305
15th Jun 2013, 13:21
i woke up this morning and I FIGURED IT OUT

so apparently my email address was already registered when i tried to create a new account on the ps3 beta screen

i made a new email address

when i filled out the create a account screen on the ps3 beta i used my same ID and password but i used the new email address

BINGO

they sent me a confirmation email to my new account, i put the code in, i used the activation code in the old email, i linked accounts, and now im downloading the beta version on my ps3

i hope this helps anyone with problems that i was having yesterday logging in with ID or password invalid

good luck

albynospyder
15th Jun 2013, 13:32
same thing here i gegistered my code, then got the client, next i stated the beta, it asked for my code again and then said my code was already used. I am getting so frustratedhttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif errrrrr. pi$$e$ me off to no end

tatto
15th Jun 2013, 13:46
well i just tried again and it says server maintance so it looks like they might be fixing the issue... fingers crossed

cobras
15th Jun 2013, 14:17
i still cant get in

zubin.ajjamada
15th Jun 2013, 15:44
I finally got past this opposed to my previous post.

Not sure if this'll help anyone, but Square Enix ID is the Username that shows up when you log into teh Support Center.

Go here support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1&id=496)

Right side, LOG IN >> This will show you you're proper ID, I've been using the incorrect one, as soon as I used the one located here I was able to log in.

Try it.

My EXACT Process was.

I logged in the usual way Email & Pass, into Account Management screen. Here it asked me to reset password becuase they believed I was under attack (last night I logged in like 20 times with the same info...assumed login servers were down... =P) After I was forced to reset my password I was STILL UNABLE TO LOGIN INTO Account mangement, SO I decieded I'll check the support center to see if SE posted anything overnight. here it made me log in (WHICH WORKED Using Email:Pass) AND I was Hit with the first thing that confused the ***** out of me! My Square Enix ID ... this was different then all the IDs I thought would work when Logging in to PS3 ARR Login.

Currently Downloading the bigger ~5GB of the game beta =D so progress =D

MoeOnline
15th Jun 2013, 15:49
I forgot my Square Enix password security question and answer.

How to recovery it.
I need it back to play FFXIV A Realm Reborn .

I have ex character in FFXIV old version.

Thank.

tatto
15th Jun 2013, 17:40
thank you that was what i needed.. the SE ID was acutally my old FFXI account id

member_10545600
15th Jun 2013, 18:00
I also have this problem. I also have forgotten my password. I tried to change it, but since I forgot the security question and answer as well I cannot change it.

You're probably wondering why I am logged in. That's because I use Fire Fox which has the abillity to store and save passwords so I do not have to remember all of them. I particularly do this for websites I do not often use. But recently, I have recieved a beta invitation.

You probably can tell where this is going.

HAWJSTA88
15th Jun 2013, 18:09
I have the same problem too with my security question and answer, but I was able to recover it back through the help from live assistance chat by submitting a ticket and chooce live chat with SE agent.

zubin.ajjamada
15th Jun 2013, 18:22
I know right!

I didnt even remember using this "different" ID.

Currently Playing =D

so many cutscenes @_@ played PC MMORPGs for the past 12 years.. AAR is my first console MMORPG, and wow did not expect so much forced reading and cutscenes.... but still... pretty awesome UI and controls are real simple like TERA played with motionjoy and your DS3 controller... havent gotten into Battle yet =P I've had the CE pre-ordered for quiet some time, this Beta is really helpful in deciding if I want to keep my pre-order or not =P

tamers89
15th Jun 2013, 19:39
I've been following this thread for a day or two having the same issue and I figured it out. So, it does seem that the member acct and the Square Enix Play account (for lack of better name) are two separate entities. When I tried to register for a new Square Enix play account it say my Email was in use so I went to the support site and clicked on the help for resetting my password. I am now in and can finally link my beta code *wipes brow*.

I want to say thank you for the people who posted previously who got it work; you guys are the ones who helped me to figure it out!

Duckoforegon
15th Jun 2013, 22:46
I still can't even get into account management no matter what.

EmiJr92
15th Jun 2013, 23:03
The same thing is happening to me I can't get onto the account management page because it keeps saying id or pass. is incorrect i've been going from link to link for almost two hours to try to find something and i just can't seem to find anything

Duckoforegon
15th Jun 2013, 23:07
Well I just gave up and made a new account cause SE obviously doesn't give a ****. And somehow its a new account but this account also. This is confusing.. It let me register the key though.

zubin.ajjamada
15th Jun 2013, 23:29
Are you guys unable to use the registration code?

or is getting into Account Management your problem.

Just go to Support Center LOG IN! it will show you your SE ID, use that to log into FF14 ARR. your ID is not your Email, emails dont work as your ID in ARR.

I've been playing for the past few hours after finding out what my REAL SQUARE ENIX ID is by accidently finding it in the Support Center.

Darthsykus
16th Jun 2013, 00:09
So I played what is now called v1 for the first month or 2 before I closed out the account and stopped playing. I like what they have done with ARR and would like to play, but when I tried to recover my SQEX account it kept telling me that there were no accounts with my email. So I was wondering did all those old SQfor accounts from v1 get deleted and my character is tied to the old registration code or am I doing something wrong. I have tried to recover with every email I have ever used only none of them showed up. thank you in advance for your help.

MoeOnline
16th Jun 2013, 00:37
where live chat SQ??? i can't find it.

Abrontes80
16th Jun 2013, 01:31
Ok I finally figured it out and got mine downloaded.

Here's what most of us did and why we keep getting that invalid id and password.

We registered at na.square-enix.com.

The userid and the password u chose there aren't being accepted because it it not the right place to create ur account.

Go to www.square-enix.com and register there. I used the same email, userid and password

This time your userid and password should be accepted

Leave 1 time password blank

member_10047266
16th Jun 2013, 01:55
Having the same problem. I can log in perfectly to play FFXIV:ARR Beta through my PS3. But I can't login to Account Management using the same ID/Password combination. I've already changed my password twice, and I still cant login to Account Management.

My guess, is that Account Management page is the one having problems. I was able to accidentally login one time earlier, but it didn't happen again.

Zaitus
16th Jun 2013, 02:24

The app as mentioned is not up and running yet since were not that far into the game beta's etc.at a later time is when this should be open.I saw the app and i was like cool gonna down load it.

member_10047266
16th Jun 2013, 02:28

The app as mentioned is not up and running yet since were not that far into the game beta's etc.at a later time is when this should be open.I saw the app and i was like cool gonna down load it.

I have the app as well but its still useless considering that we still have to access the Account Management page in order to activate the One Time Password Software/Software Token.

Zaitus
16th Jun 2013, 02:28
Ok I finally figured it out and got mine downloaded.

Here's what most of us did and why we keep getting that invalid id and password.

We registered at na.square-enix.com.

The userid and the password u chose there aren't being accepted because it it not the right place to create ur account.

Go to www.square-enix.com and register there. I used the same email, userid and password

This time your userid and password should be accepted

Leave 1 time password blank

na.square-enix.com/ (http://na.square-enix.com/) is where i get redierected to since there is on japanesse Then NA then eu and other pal etc on the web page. But im glad u got it to wrk me it dont matter which page im on or otherwise i even went here : www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/inde... (http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/index_na.html) and signed up with a "new" account being the same info and email as last time and got nothing originally it said yes your registered and yes you have an account then i went on to my ps3 put in the code and it says its no longer valid.i hope these betas are long and we all get a chance otherwise its a good reason to cry.

mirosano
16th Jun 2013, 03:25
i have been at this for 2 hours i still can get in becuse of a one time password

Klaurem
16th Jun 2013, 04:06
Okay, I just got it working for myself. at least this login issue. It seems that that the square enix account you have to login to this main site here, is not the same as the account needed to play the game. So when it asks you if you have a square enix account or not, you need to click that you don't have one and make a new account. You'll notice that even if you use the exact same information as what you have for this main site (username/email/password) everything will be accepted. Then it will send a confirmation email and you will be able to login. This "new account" (if you put in different information than what you have for this main site) Will be what you use to login for the ff 14 stuff.

Also, I didn't play ff11 or ff 14 v. 1 so I'm not sure if this applies to those that did.

The forums might not work at the moment as they are under maintenance.

cmore.tyme
16th Jun 2013, 04:26
I was stuck for 3 hours then noticed i needed to use my username instead of my email address to access the beta forums.I have my one time pass from 1.0 so i had no prob with that part

Grimoire
16th Jun 2013, 04:58
[SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Support] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1)

MoeOnline
16th Jun 2013, 06:57
Get Support > Account/Billing + SQEX ID/Password Recovery > I forgot my Square Enix account, password, security question, and its answer. > Please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center by selecting Additional Assistance button located at the bottom of this knowledge base article.

and what i can do??? I can't see live chat or e-mail support to contact ???? I do this way yet http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

MoeOnline
16th Jun 2013, 07:02
ok just click next.

don't click "I forgot my Square Enix account, password, security question, and its answer." http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-embarassed.gif

Thank Gravity http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

GTMasa
17th Jun 2013, 12:08
I forgot my Square Enix password security question and answer.

How to recovery it.
I need it back to play FFXIV A Realm Reborn .

I have ex character in FFXIV old version.

Thank.

I"m having the same issue.

I'm calling them n currently on a 59 min hold this is bs. I emailed them n they were completely useless n said sorry call this number 310-846-0345

Why send someone a beta code if your not willing to help them log into there account that they havent used in years.

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 01:28
I have a old Final fantasy 14 account but because it was a beta i just started a new one on my ps3.I find out now that even after i get the full verion of the game my SE account is now permanently linked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now ill never be able to play my pc account on my PS3 this is so DUMB...a punishment for a mistake

SE its not the games that are bad its stuff like this.I dont know any other MMOs that have such confusing BS.
Account set up should never be hard and confusing..Well guess ill just play elder scrolls when it comes to ps4.

PS:please keep this thread going..maybe that will get SE to change it.I know i made a mistake but i know others did to i google this problem :(
A long time fan since 1986 and starting with 13 things have changed.ugh

moooka
18th Jun 2013, 01:42
Why did you make a new account? They gave you the option of using an existing account. They also literally tell you that the SE account will permenatly be linked to your PSN account on the PS3 before you confirm it.

Anyway, you can use this new account on the PC too, to play the same character on the same server.

x3Noctis
18th Jun 2013, 01:56
Why did you make a new account? They gave you the option of using an existing account. They also literally tell you that the SE account will permenatly be linked to your PSN account on the PS3 before you confirm it.

Anyway, you can use this new account on the PC too, to play the same character on the same server.

This.

Paladin_Locke
18th Jun 2013, 02:05
Sounds like another case of "I don't think I'll read the obvious details. I'll just make up for it by *****ing about it later."

Man up. It states clearly that it binds permanently. You can't blame anyone but yourself for not reading the details.

member_10449133
18th Jun 2013, 02:13
Well I am having a problem...I got an invite to the beta but it will not let me us my Square Enix ID unless I provide a one time password. I don't have that as I only opened this SE ID here on this site and registered my SE games here. But if I create a new account I can use that. I don't want to link that to my PSN ID, I want to use this one. I mean I plan to buy the game and all but this is ridiculous.

Paladin_Locke
18th Jun 2013, 02:22
Well I am having a problem...I got an invite to the beta but it will not let me us my Square Enix ID unless I provide a one time password. I don't have that as I only opened this SE ID here on this site and registered my SE games here. But if I create a new account I can use that. I don't want to link that to my PSN ID, I want to use this one. I mean I plan to buy the game and all but this is ridiculous.

What I would recommend is to go into the beta forums and look to see if anyone there is having the same problem as you. However, on the off chance that there is no other way to resolve it, would you be losing anything by simply creating a new service account? If you have characters from 1.0 that you want to keep, then I would check those beta forums and/or contact SE directly in order to resolve the issue. If you don't have anything else binding you to that previous account, then I would say go ahead and make the new account. It'll just save you time and trouble in the long run.

member_10449133
18th Jun 2013, 02:37
Thanks for the reply... I got my account issue sorted, but it seems I messed up big time by using my beta key with the new account that I was setting up, but I did not complete the process once I saw the permanent account linked warning. FML...thanks once again for your assistance.

member_10484158
18th Jun 2013, 08:54
I have the same problem. If I enter here "Get Support > Account/Billing + SQEX ID/Password Recovery > Next" I see this,

s24.postimg.org/w73ndsp45/Screenshot_fro... (http://s24.postimg.org/w73ndsp45/Screenshot_from_2013_06_18_10_48_17.png)

Where is Chat Support?

I created a Ticket by Email Support but they told me that I have to contact with Chat Support.

Also I tried with Square EU, they have Chat Support, but they told me by chat that I have to contact with US Chat Support. :(

member_10547357
18th Jun 2013, 10:29

One time passwords are not needed if you didn't registered a TOKEN (physical or software token). If you try to access your account from a PC you will see what I'm talking about... if for some reason you can't access, go to SE page and there you will be able to contact support, they will unbind any token that you have in your account (if you have one) and then you wont have any issue... I had a token and lost it, they help me in the whole process (pretty efficent I must say), i could play on the last week test 1. I STRONGLY recomend to go to the support before doing anything else... they will help you.

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 11:40

yeah i never read long text.Its just something i never done.i see SE fans dont care that no other mmo does this,i already said i made the mistake,BUT wheres the CURE for the mistake is whats wrong with the game

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 11:47

What I would recommend is to go into the beta forums and look to see if anyone there is having the same problem as you. However, on the off chance that there is no other way to resolve it, would you be losing anything by simply creating a new service account? If you have characters from 1.0 that you want to keep, then I would check those beta forums and/or contact SE directly in order to resolve the issue. If you don't have anything else binding you to that previous account, then I would say go ahead and make the new account. It'll just save you time and trouble in the long run.

i agree. i mean tell me one other MMO that does this?I mean DCUO doesnt do this and i only bring that up cause its the only mmo i know of on ps3 but lets go back to PS2 FF 11 .It was earier to set up playing that game than this.Never even needs a PSN ID to play it.There was always a fix for problems.sometimes took a very long time.

Has anyone even tried calling SE good luck.I play WoW off and on and i know ill get hate for bring that up,but im just talking about costomer services.It shouldnt feel like im signing my life away.

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 11:49

yeah i never read long text.Its just something i never done.i see SE fans dont care that no other mmo does this,i already said i made the mistake,BUT wheres the CURE for the mistake is whats wrong with the game

i had support drop the online chat just cause i told them to hold for one sec.I got a reply that said cant hold goodbye then they ended chat

Grimoire
18th Jun 2013, 13:19
[Chat Support] Example:

Follow the link posted in [#5]

Click [Get Support]

[Contact Category & Detail] - Select [Contact Category] - [Account/Billing] and [Contact Sub-category] - [Additional Services]

[Contact Details:] - [Report your issue in this field]

Click [Next]

[Support Information] - Click [Next]

[Contact Method] - Click [Proceed to Chat Support]

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 13:47

So i guess i cant buy 2 accounts hhmm .Ever here of duel boxing?i got two ps3 2 SE accounts 1 psn.One toon is a healer the other a tank..ops cant do that on this game cause i can only link one SE PSN account

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 13:50
why do you even need 2 SE accounts.

Paladin_Locke
18th Jun 2013, 15:16

i had support drop the online chat just cause i told them to hold for one sec.I got a reply that said cant hold goodbye then they ended chat

At the risk of sounding rude, I have to wonder about why the hell you would ask them for help and then tell them to wait. Do you realize this is a company with thousands of people trying to get help about something? Personally, I find it extremely rude. I don't call up a pizza place to order a pizza and tell them to wait the moment they pick up. So, on that note. I can't blame them one bit.

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 16:11

At the risk of sounding rude, I have to wonder about why the hell you would ask them for help and then tell them to wait. Do you realize this is a company with thousands of people trying to get help about something? Personally, I find it extremely rude. I don't call up a pizza place to order a pizza and tell them to wait the moment they pick up. So, on that note. I can't blame them one bit.

so you can play 2 classes at once and have more bags and banks and mail.Lots of reasons

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 16:14
ITS A GAME THAT GIVES U FREEDOM OF CLASS! u only need one character! if u wanna be a tank switch to tank if u wanna dps switch to dps

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 16:18

so you can play 2 classes at once and have more bags and banks and mail.Lots of reasons

they said they sent a email and it takes 5 sec to open my email 5 sec !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow! why are people such fanboys .ive been playing and a fan final fantasy games before you were born son geez but be realistic about customer service.Who knows maybe you never had one of those jobs...You would get fired for what SE customer service did to me.

I give up on biased views.Guess back to WoW or FF11 or wait for elder scrolls

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 16:20

they said they sent a email and it takes 5 sec to open my email 5 sec !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow! why are people such fanboys .ive been playing and a fan final fantasy games before you were born son geez but be realistic about customer service.Who knows maybe you never had one of those jobs...You would get fired for what SE customer service did to me.

I give up on biased views.Guess back to WoW or FF11 or wait for elder scrolls

i want to tank and heal and 2 different guys:P

ken.ceschini
18th Jun 2013, 16:25
even the forums are wacky :P.Replying to a post just puts them all together.

Never knew people liked DRM so much ,im sorry

whitecloud197
18th Jun 2013, 17:16
Yup, login problems here as well.
Actually, I should have clicked this topic before I created mine just now. Looks like you haven't received any help. :(
Is this ongoing, or a recent issue as beta dropped?

Well the issue of my account going missing has been ongoing for a few months if thats what you were refurring to, im just today starting to try to get ahold of someone from SE to try to get it figured out id love to have my old character back and not have eto start all over again when ARR releases.

Paladin_Locke
18th Jun 2013, 18:18
Please do go back to WoW. And no, no one would get fired for telling you they aren't going to wait on you. They have other crap to do and other people to help. What makes you so special that they should bring customer support to a grinding halt because you weren't smart enough to make sure you had the time to to talk with them before you even went to the live chat? If you go back to WoW, that's just one less person who thinks he deserves special treatment in FFXIV. Buh bye now.

sleepyeyes
18th Jun 2013, 18:32
Recently, my 12 year-old son developed an interest in FF, so much so that he set out to play the first title in the series. Well, when he got to the first example of exposition in the whole game, the throne room scene, he blazed through all of the text windows like a rabbit on speed. I said, "Wait, you're going to need that information to play!" He said, "I don't want to bother with the dialog; I just want to play." When he ended up back on the world map, he started frantically stepping through all of the menu items. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Stupid game," he replied, "there's nothing to tell you what the next objective is!"

My son has an excuse, sort of. He's twelve.

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 18:42
i pray for your son.

sleepyeyes
18th Jun 2013, 19:54
I'm an atheist. I hope ppl saw the point of my little anecdote. I realize its meaning is lost on many.

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 19:56
it also seems you misunderstood me. i meant i praying to the final fantasy gods. lol and yeah i get it. lol but to waste such good dialouge in a classic game is blasphemy D: and no.. the reason for your post wasnt lost on many. im pretty sure everyone got it.

member_10026027
18th Jun 2013, 21:01
My friend is having the exact same issue. I was trying to convince him to give ARR a try, but the password recovery system wouldn't accept his birthday. We can't even find an email address to contact directly about this. After all the hassle he's decided he won't be playing ARR.

SPEND SOME TIME ON CUSTOMER SERVICE, SE.

Drecal
18th Jun 2013, 22:58
I have the same problem with my old SE account. It says my old SE account is cancelled so i tried contacting them to reactivate it since my 1.0 is on THAT SE account.. I tried to email and they havent gotten back to me in 4 days like what the hell? how long does it take Customer Service to respond..

ken.ceschini
19th Jun 2013, 13:35
Please do go back to WoW. And no, no one would get fired for telling you they aren't going to wait on you. They have other crap to do and other people to help. What makes you so special that they should bring customer support to a grinding halt because you weren't smart enough to make sure you had the time to to talk with them before you even went to the live chat? If you go back to WoW, that's just one less person who thinks he deserves special treatment in FFXIV. Buh bye now.

i play all MMOs a real RPG fan.I dont let my love for final fantasy cloud my judgement.Yes i made a misstake but there should never be DRM like this in the first place.permanent problems are not good in any game.Im not the only one that did this im just the only one that still wants to play it,im sure the others will just not play or pass on the game all together.

Your the type of player thats driving this brand to sh.t,there no standards to live up to cause you like taking it in the bum.Guess you like FF13 so much your getting all 3.

FF 10 was the last game they really put effert in.FF10 2 bad,I liked 12 cause it was like a mmo but most didnt.

A bandwagin fan if you werent playing FF since 1987.

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 13:42
IT GAVE YOU CLEAR WARNINGS. I'm not trying to be mean or rude. but you have no argument here. everyone here read the words on the screen. it clearly says it will be perma linked and asks you to confirm that you read and understand these things. in the cas ethat you made this mistake is your fault for not reading what you had confirmed to have a read. therefore they are not responsible for helping you fix this and they arent going to make an exception for people who fail to read their rules

Paladin_Locke
19th Jun 2013, 14:12

i play all MMOs a real RPG fan.I dont let my love for final fantasy cloud my judgement.Yes i made a misstake but there should never be DRM like this in the first place.permanent problems are not good in any game.Im not the only one that did this im just the only one that still wants to play it,im sure the others will just not play or pass on the game all together.

Your the type of player thats driving this brand to sh.t,there no standards to live up to cause you like taking it in the bum.Guess you like FF13 so much your getting all 3.

FF 10 was the last game they really put effert in.FF10 2 bad,I liked 12 cause it was like a mmo but most didnt.

Not that it's any of your business, but I've been playing FF games since the first. However, your attempt at insult falls flat.

#1- You are seriously arguing that you are a super huge RPG & FF fan, yet talk about FF13 like it's something you wouldn't feed your dog. Who is the bandwagoner here?

#2- You talk about standards, yet you clearly don't have any. If you did, you'd know what is expected of YOU, the player. Like reading basic information.

#3- If FFX was the last game they put any effort into, why are you trying to play FFXIV? Not only do you not make sense, you are inconsistent with what you're saying.

I don't really want to have a flame war with you on here. All I want is for you to admit to yourself that you screwed up and deal with the poor decisions you made like an adult. Stop blaming SE for things like account linking because you need someone to blame other than yourself.

ken.ceschini
19th Jun 2013, 14:55

Not that it's any of your business, but I've been playing FF games since the first. However, your attempt at insult falls flat.

#1- You are seriously arguing that you are a super huge RPG & FF fan, yet talk about FF13 like it's something you wouldn't feed your dog. Who is the bandwagoner here?

#2- You talk about standards, yet you clearly don't have any. If you did, you'd know what is expected of YOU, the player. Like reading basic information.

#3- If FFX was the last game they put any effort into, why are you trying to play FFXIV? Not only do you not make sense, you are inconsistent with what you're saying.

I don't really want to have a flame war with you on here. All I want is for you to admit to yourself that you screwed up and deal with the poor decisions you made like an adult. Stop blaming SE for things like account linking because you need someone to blame other than yourself.

i did say i messed up from the start but games should have fixes,Plus i hate DRM stuff.As for trying to play 14 ,did you even play the mess of launch 14 i did with my damn CE onion helm,.... i give up man.I own all FF even if they are **** but i dont have to like them and not speak up how badly them company is being run.When ENIX join squareSOFT its been down hill."square enix in financial trouble" for a reason .

as for me being all over the place im bipolar want to pick on that to?

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 15:06
First of, if they were in financial trouble they wouldnt have had the budget to make this game..and 2nd noones trying to pick on you. and 3rd i agree with their decision to lock accounts to psn's etc. as it puts a stop to RMT for ps3 accounts. its a logical choice

sleepyeyes
19th Jun 2013, 15:08

I quoted the whole thing for effect. Okay, so English isn't your strong suit, clearly. Maybe *that* is the problem.

This isn't a DRM issue. This is just a technical problem caused by user error. Even a casual reading of the warnings which accompanied your (unbelievably stupid) decision to link a brand new SE account to your PSN account would have been, indeed was enough for most people. Not you. You skipped past the details to the interesting parts, only to find out that you should have paid better attention to the details. And, so now you blame Square-Enix.

And then, this: "Your [sic] the type of player thats [sic] driving this brand to sh.t,there [sic] no standards to live up to..." Standards? You want standards? Your apathy to standards is what got you in this place to begin with! You had one job to do - make sure you like what you're about to do, because *it cannot be undone* - and, you failed. You blame SE for your failure, and you blame other gamers for your discontentedness with the FF series.

You have a problem. You can't change your PSN, and you can't change your SE account. So, it seems to me your only options are to either not play FFXIV or establish a new PSN id, lose all your stats, and not whine about it. Honestly, I don't think anyone cares which you do.

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 15:14
/thread

member_10168025
19th Jun 2013, 15:44
::reads thread title::

::enters thread::

::reads original post::

::reads other posts::

::leaves thread::

ken.ceschini
19th Jun 2013, 15:48