PDA

View Full Version : Just a suggestion.

Waleed
28th Jun 2003, 03:55
Hi everyone!

After finishing the AMAZING game Thief 2, I was looking forward and searching the net if thief3 would be coming! Finally!!

I just wanted to give some suggestions about how I would like the game to be.

For one thing, I don't understand this: You're in a mansion, there are some tile floors. There are guards around too. You take one step (as in, you run one step) make a little noise, and alert the whole place. I think the AI should not notice that very well because - how can he hear me so well when there are other gaurds (including himself) walking around and making so much noise? Won't the noise I make be drowned in theirs?

Another thing that I would REALLY like to see is......you knock out a guard, he goes down, you hide him in the shadows. OK, then what? After a while, he gets back up and becomes suspitious. Also, lets see if you hide him in a closet and lock it up, he'll get up later - like 20 minutes or whatever - and start screeming for help. He could react in two ways - either he suspects someone (as in the guards and starts blaming or fighting him) or they cooperate.

Also, if a guard is chasing you, ouldn't it be realistic if he STILL goes down with a wack on the head? I would!!

Also, I would like to see more zombies and spiders...ooooooooo...... they're sooo cuddly......and slow!!! I just love to play around with them, running back and forth to tease them!! :p

One last thing. When I was still playing Thief 1, I was looking through websites for walkthrough and lootlists, I came across a site which I so unhappy that it is not being updated anymore :( ..... www.lytha.com I REALLY liked this site. The best thing about it was that it brought a whole new level in playing for me. Complete ALL missions without killing, knocking out, gasing, to ANY enemy; human or non-human. Ever since, I have been playing Thief 1 and 2 in the way. (I just need the last level in Thief 2 to finish)! I would REALLY like thief 3 to be playable in that way. For example, I steal a treasure that a guard is watching. There must be someway that he would NOT noticed it's gone.

That's all. Sorry for it being too long. I'm looking forward to other suggestions too! Thanks everybody!!

Regards,

Waleed

Shayde
2nd Jul 2003, 06:00
I also like the idea of gaurds waking up. There was a thread about this somewhere and some people really hated the idea. If they include it then it needs to be an optional setting.

Lytha is somewhat of a hero in this arena. She created Lytha style of play which extended and evolved the game for so many people. I've also used her site to get out of some confusing jams (I really hate getting stuck for hours!)

BrokenArts
3rd Jul 2003, 19:47
Welcome Waleed. :) What you have suggested, has been discussed in detail on the Ion storm forum. http://www.ionstorm.com/forum/

Also, the wakeup for guards is in Thievery right now. Multi-player thief, UT style. Ever heard of it?

dafydd
12th Jul 2003, 07:56
[Folks]

I was working with some friend of Lytha's (I forget his name... over in Hong Kong, I think, but this was over the Web), and I came up with the anti-Lytha style of play: go through the game knocking out EVERY LAST CHARACTER that can be knocked out!

What's great about the anti-Lytha style is that after you finish, you can wander around each level for hours, trying to get into all sorts of places you're not supposed to be able to reach -- rooftops, behind the scenery, &c.

Both styles are loads of fun and larfs.

Dafydd

theBlackman
12th Jul 2003, 18:56
Originally posted by dafydd
[Folks]

I was working with some friend of Lytha's (I forget his name... over in Hong Kong, I think, but this was over the Web), and I came up with the anti-Lytha style of play: go through the game knocking out EVERY LAST CHARACTER that can be knocked out!

What's great about the anti-Lytha style is that after you finish, you can wander around each level for hours, trying to get into all sorts of places you're not supposed to be able to reach -- rooftops, behind the scenery, &c.

Both styles are loads of fun and larfs.

Dafydd

Register at TTLG and look at this: http://ttlg.gmxhome.de/sipro/