PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest move ever....

soniqstylz
27th Jun 2003, 00:09
So, on my way up to fight Brother Obscura, my palms were a bit sweaty, so I couldn't control Lara quite as well, and didn't make it all the way to the ceiling, and fell. Not wanting to watch her die (again), I hit the "select" button, and not paying attention, I saved instead of loading.

So now I have a saved game of her falling to her death.

D'oh!

Larac
27th Jun 2003, 00:20
Ouch. That's gotta hurt. So now you're going to have to restart the game, go through all those puzzles and enemies again, try to manage ammo and health as good as you did before...Ouch.
I'll probably replay the game, but I'd like to get to the end first.

Now that I think about it, my best friend's dad was really in to Tomb Raider, and when he was playing the...first one, I think...He was fighting the VERY last boss, you know the one with no legs? Well anyway, if you remember, it took place on a big ledge, with like a thousand foot drop below. He tried to backflip and shoot the creature, but forgot he was on a ledge, and backflipped right off into the 1000+ foot drop,- and accidentily saved the game. So he litterally had to go from the VERY, VERY end, to restarting completely from the beginning.

OUCH

Raven25
27th Jun 2003, 02:18
If I had a nickel for every time I did that.....

And of course it always has to happen to me when I've saved over the same slot for the last 10 saves. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:mad:

Lil Lara
27th Jun 2003, 02:26
hah, that sucks! I almost did that while playing TR2, she was on fire..hah.

RedLegg
27th Jun 2003, 02:33
This is the number three call generator in our CS department. Most ppl want to know if there is any way to "put it back the way it was". Then are crushed when the person on the phone says, "No, sorry. You need to go to a previous saved game". Of course, they have been saving in only one slot, this is truely sad. :( :D

OriginalBryGuy
27th Jun 2003, 13:42
So, on my way up to fight Brother Obscura, my palms were a bit sweaty, so I couldn't control Lara quite as well, and didn't make it all the way to the ceiling, and fell. Not wanting to watch her die (again), I hit the "select" button, and not paying attention, I saved instead of loading.

Yea, this has been a running joke of a problem since the second TR outing. It's too bad they didn't make a fix around this...maybe we SHOULD go back to save crystals...hahaha

This is the number three call generator in our CS department. Most ppl want to know if there is any way to "put it back the way it was". Then are crushed when the person on the phone says, "No, sorry. You need to go to a previous saved game". Of course, they have been saving in only one slot, this is truely sad.

Well, you can't really blame them tho. Some people have a lot of games and can't always spare extra slots, but yea, just for good measure if you CAN save to another slot it's smart to do!!

soniqstylz
27th Jun 2003, 14:37
Originally posted by OriginalBryGuy
Yea, this has been a running joke of a problem since the second TR outing. It's too bad they didn't make a fix around this...maybe we SHOULD go back to save crystals...hahaha

That wouldn't be a bad idea, except for the sheer amount of times I've had to jump... save.... jump again... save.... jump, shimmy, save....

That would be a LOT of crytsals around, or a LOT of frustration.

SuzieCroft
27th Jun 2003, 14:52
Originally posted by soniqstylz
That wouldn't be a bad idea, except for the sheer amount of times I've had to jump... save.... jump again... save.... jump, shimmy, save....

That would be a LOT of crytsals around, or a LOT of frustration.

Here's a hint, then:

Never, ever play Ico. I died so many times on my way to the boss it's not even funny.

Either that, or learn to have more confidence in your gaming. ;)

Ethereal
27th Jun 2003, 15:11
You must always save in a new slot. If you have just 20 then save the 21th game in slot 1 again etc.
On PC: save ur saved files on a disk or something. Or in a different folder. This from time to time.