PDA

View Full Version : Defiance trailer observation

kain to raziel
26th Jun 2003, 23:08
Did anyone notice that in the Defiance trailer when Kain destroys that wall before he does the wall looks blackened out and it also doesn't look like it has any cracks in it. Then right after that they show Raziel going into that same room with the wall and you can see the mural clearly on it plus it has cracks all over it now. I realize it is early and it could be just a designing flaw but I tend to think that it might be because of one's action in the game might affect the other's environment (hence the cracks in the wall)? Any opinions?:confused:

Lady Kreliana
26th Jun 2003, 23:21
I think that one of the characters arrives at that point in an earlier era than the other, and the other comes to that point in a later era, so that will have an effect on the wall's appearance.

kain to raziel
26th Jun 2003, 23:27
Although I am happy that Defiance is supposedly mostly set in BO1 era(my favorite era and LOK game). I would still love to see some time -spanning from our protagonists. Kreliana as you suggest there has to be such and that would make this game all that much better!

Lady Kreliana
26th Jun 2003, 23:30
Well, the entire series deals with time travel and changing history, so I think there will be some time travelling protagonists, as you put it. :)

(And, you can call me Krel. ;))

kain to raziel
27th Jun 2003, 06:26
Well Krel, I for one am all for more time traveling in Defiance maybe not to the extent of SR2(it seemed liked the main objective in this game was to find the next time-hop) but definetly some. I do really like the fact though that BO1 time -era seems to be the focused time- era in Defiance and seeing Kain and Raz's reaction to this era will be awesome!:)

Blade2642
27th Jun 2003, 14:11
Yeah.
As for the wall mabey Kain tore it down then rebuild it and painted it before Raz came along?? :p

Fifer
27th Jun 2003, 15:15
Originally posted by kain to raziel
Well Krel, I for one am all for more time traveling in Defiance maybe not to the extent of SR2(it seemed liked the main objective in this game was to find the next time-hop) but definetly some. I do really like the fact though that BO1 time -era seems to be the focused time- era in Defiance and seeing Kain and Raz's reaction to this era will be awesome!:)

I think it would be kind neat to see a "Back to the Future" type scene of Kain watching his younger self from a distance, or maybe setting up some events from the sidelines that his younger self did encounter in BO1.

Or perhaps Kain's younger self encounters Raziel at some point shortly after Kain makes his last decision in BO1, so that the Kain of SR1 already knew Raziel's destiny way back then.

'course, you all probably already discussed all that. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents, just in case you hadn't.

Shrykull_the1st
27th Jun 2003, 15:25
One of the things I liked to see in Defiance was an encounter of Kain and Vorador, the two evolved vampires, by the way who is the oldest?

Matt from Spam Buddies
27th Jun 2003, 16:05
Vorador is.

Vorador was relatively old when he killed the 6 Guardians. At that time the human Kain was far from even being born.

So basicly Vorador is very very very very very old. :)

Very. :p

- Matthew

Shrykull_the1st
27th Jun 2003, 16:58
Ok.

Another thing I would like to see (I don't say in Defiance) was the era of the human Vorador and to testify the creation of the pillars!

Riovanes
27th Jun 2003, 17:26
I don't think we're going to be seeing Vorador's human era anytime in this series - it's just too far back.

I believe there was a reference somewhere in SR2 to Vorador having been one of the earliest humans in Nosgoth - sort of a Neaderthal that had been smoothed over and raised by his vampiric father-figure, Janos. At the very least, we know Vorador is more than 500 years older than Kain, as we jumped back that far in SR2, and Vorador was still the old, bitter, and bat-eared badass he's always been - so I'd say going back THAT far is unlikely, unless we are to visit the Ancients themselves.

As for the creation of the Pillars - I get the sense that they're so old that it's unlikely we'll see those either - unless, again, we go and visit the time period when the Ancients and the Hylden were at war. The creation of the Pillars is, in a sense, akin to the Creation Story of Christianity - it's just so far back that it's either something you believe, or you don't - because there's no way of ever getting the context of something that ancient completely into perspective.

At any rate, I suppose it's possible we'll see the Pillar creation at some point - being that it's possible we'll see the war between the Hylden and the Ancients. But human Vorador? That I doubt - his humanity just doesn't seem that significant to the storyline.

BAH!!!

Matt from Spam Buddies
27th Jun 2003, 19:43
Rio is right.

I, too, remember that just recently I read that very same piece of writing.

And I, too, believe that it's simply too far into the past that we wont see it... At least in Defiance!

I think that the creation of the Pillars of Nosgoth is so important and mystical that if we see it, then maybe in games after LOK-D.

- Matthew

Azazel
27th Jun 2003, 20:00
Vorador is older, but Kain traveled from the future, so maybe the future Kain is older than Vorador was at Kain's rebirth.

Riovanes
27th Jun 2003, 20:03
Originally posted by Azazel
Vorador is older, but Kain traveled from the future, so maybe the future Kain is older than Vorador was at Kain's rebirth.

I'm sorry, I really don't mean to sound rude at all - but how is that pertinent? Seriously, I'm curious as to where you were going with this...

And second - my head hurts - too much travelling and time streaming and doing and undoing and... SPLODIE IN MY BRAIN BOX!!!

BAH!!!

Azazel
27th Jun 2003, 20:04
Originally posted by Shrykull
One of the things I liked to see in Defiance was an encounter of Kain and Vorador, the two evolved vampires, by the way who is the oldest?
I was sort of answering the above, Rio.

Riovanes
27th Jun 2003, 20:16
Gotcha - guess I didn't catch where your statement came in then. My apologies.

BAH!!!

kain to raziel
27th Jun 2003, 22:11
I think there are so many questions that need resolutions in the storyline of LOK , that hopefully Defiance will play some catch up and answer a lot before introducing so many more new ones. As for the Hylden-Ancient war and the pillars creation , IMO that is for the "next" game after Defiance hopefully.There is so much storyline in just that subject alone for another game. I think after Kain and Raz do some major "righting what is wrong" in Defiance, it would be cool to end Defiance at another cliffhanger(this isn't gonna be popular) and maybe giving Kain and Raz a peek at the Ancients war with the Hylden, then end it leaving you wanting so much more!:D

Matt
27th Jun 2003, 22:14
I know this is a little off base, but does anyone know what that track is that plays during the trailer, and/or where I could possibly find it? =o Thanks ^_^

Matt

warpsavant
27th Jun 2003, 22:19
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17038

Matt
27th Jun 2003, 22:30
Much obliged warpsavant :D

Matt

Shrykull_the1st
11th Jul 2003, 19:43
Did anyone noticed some similarities between the walking statue (that appears in the trailer, by the 22 seconds) and Raziel?
It has a scarf that covers his jaw too. Also, the scarf seems to have some simetrical simbols like the one that Raziel has. I might be confusing things because the quality os the trailer isn't good enough to explore too much detail on the backround. I hope this hasn't been talked before.

ReaverImpalerX8
16th Jul 2003, 16:54
It kind of looks like raziel. You know with the claws and stuff. But i think its a Vampire or something. Im not sure becasue the quality of my trailer isn't good either but this is just what i think that was.

punkst4r
18th Jul 2003, 05:52
If raziel and kain are going through the same areas then does this mean that they will be facing the same mini bosses or atleast one main boss.

Riovanes
18th Jul 2003, 09:22
Originally posted by kain to raziel
I think there are so many questions that need resolutions in the storyline of LOK , that hopefully Defiance will play some catch up and answer a lot before introducing so many more new ones. As for the Hylden-Ancient war and the pillars creation , IMO that is for the "next" game after Defiance hopefully.There is so much storyline in just that subject alone for another game. I think after Kain and Raz do some major "righting what is wrong" in Defiance, it would be cool to end Defiance at another cliffhanger(this isn't gonna be popular) and maybe giving Kain and Raz a peek at the Ancients war with the Hylden, then end it leaving you wanting so much more!:D

As far as I am aware, the official announcement from CD is that Defiance will end Raziel's portion of the storyline. Whether Kain goes on or not is kind of up to them, I suppose, but this looks like the last time out for Raziel...

However, it's also been stated that LoK games will continue to be produced for as long as the fans are buying them - so we're likely to see new story arcs after this one ends - which really is probably a blessing in disguise - judging by the abysmal fate of TR:AoD, stopping a story before it gets TOO old is obviously a very good thing.

BAH!!!

Dark God Francisco
18th Jul 2003, 15:30
Originally posted by Riovanes
As far as I am aware, the official announcement from CD is that Defiance will end Raziel's portion of the storyline. Whether Kain goes on or not is kind of up to them, I suppose, but this looks like the last time out for Raziel...

However, it's also been stated that LoK games will continue to be produced for as long as the fans are buying them - so we're likely to see new story arcs after this one ends - which really is probably a blessing in disguise - judging by the abysmal fate of TR:AoD, stopping a story before it gets TOO old is obviously a very good thing.

BAH!!!

Ah so are favorite soul reaving vampire is soon gonna pass on to the next plane well im sure Raziel will have an epic end something that legends are made he will go out with a bang and then some Kudos to Raziel and CD for bringing such joy in my life