PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the 'Dark Gift'

KainPainter
25th Jun 2003, 17:42
Blincoln, Warpsavant, Umah Bloodomen and Willow Ayala

We on the Legacy of Kain: Defiance team wanted to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the the thoughtful and lovely 'Party in a box' that you sent us! I can certainly say that we were BLOWN AWAY by the thoughtfulness of it all. :eek: And IF there are any bugs or bad ideas in the game, it will most certainly be attributed to today's insuing sugar high and drunken rabblery. (Kain's wielding the Beer Reaver?!) :D :p

LOK: D Fans are the coolest! :cool: All those Vampire the Masquerade guys got was a jar of blood and eyeballs. (Let me be the first to say: 'EEW!')

I'm Sending you all PMs as a 'special thanks'. (Hey it beats Prefallen Raziel Leather Pants... or does it.?):D

Thankfully yours,

Daniel Cabuco (completely toasted on Red Vines and Beer)
Oh man.. I'm seeing into Spectral.. ooh the colors..

KainPainter
25th Jun 2003, 17:59
Your PM box is full! Gaah! I'll try again later... you don't want to miss out on this. :D

blincoln
25th Jun 2003, 18:06
You're more than welcome Dan (and everybody else) =). For myself, it was the least I could do based on the amount of fun I've gotten out of the series.

Vampmaster
25th Jun 2003, 18:10
You could put the Beer Reaver in as a joke bonus and have it so Kain shouts vae victus (along with other crazy phrases) continuously while imbued.

EDIT: I didn't mean vae victus was crazy, but Warp's suggestion to have Kain yelling it repeatively kind of was.

warpsavant
25th Jun 2003, 18:13
I think my PM box is broken. :( It's empty but you are not the only one who has said its full. Stupid box. You can email me

I'm so happy I'm gonna be responsible for bugs!! :p:);)

Edit: no more email address

warpsavant
25th Jun 2003, 18:16
Originally posted by Vampmaster

EDIT: I didn't mean vae victus was crazy, but Warp's suggestion to have Kain yelling it repeatively kind of was.

Hey! Hey!

You missed the point dood. The point was to trick everyone into thinking we wanted to hear it non-stop in the hopes they would feel bad for us and put it in there once!

KainPainter
25th Jun 2003, 18:20
You do know that vae victus means 'I've got a Sluagh.. in my pants!' hehehe.. all the testers keep shuddering about that phrase.. they heard it nonstop when they were working on Blood Omen.

Warp, check your email. ;)

Chris@Crystal
25th Jun 2003, 18:34
You know when I carried all those boxes up to Amy's office last week I was wondering what you sent her Blinc. Little did I know they were full of food and spirits.
Really cool of you all.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

And yes I have Vae Victus etched in my mind for ever.......

blincoln
25th Jun 2003, 19:20
You are more than welcome too Chris. I hope Umah got her wish and you got one of her Heinekens =P.

Umah Bloodomen
25th Jun 2003, 19:29
I'm glad you all got a kick out of that. :D

Thanks for all of your hard work and effort. (And thanks Blinc for getting the idea together). ;)

I seriously wouldn't mind another pair of leather pants though. ;)

Bring on the bugs! :D

Anubis_Orr
25th Jun 2003, 20:02
Warp, have you deleted all the message from your outbox as well?

warpsavant
25th Jun 2003, 20:29
What do the 42 messages in the outbox have to do with the inbox? :D

Vae Victus Anubis. See how well you concentrate with a sluagh in your pants...

Umah Bloodomen
25th Jun 2003, 20:30
They combine to form your total PM allotment.

Anubis_Orr
25th Jun 2003, 20:35
What she said :p

Umah Bloodomen
26th Jun 2003, 00:43
Make sure that you check from all the way back to the beginning, warp. They like to pile up. :p

If Chris doesn't get a Heniken, I am going to have to send him a six-pack just for him. :p :D ;)

So who wants to take bets? How many hangovers tomorrow? LOLOL

Apocrypha Roxy
26th Jun 2003, 03:25
-throws down a $20-

The entire Defiance team. Down to the last drop of liquor.

Hey, maybe if we're lucky, we'll get Raziel yeowling Vae Victus every 5 seconds... :p

(It would make sense, of course, he does deal with Sluagh... but then again, he has no pants... dillemas, dillemas...:D

KainPainter
26th Jun 2003, 17:21
Umah, Willow,

Did you check your personal messages? If you want in, let me know soon. hehehe

Daniel

Vampmaster
26th Jun 2003, 17:47
Originally posted by warpsavant
Hey! Hey!

You missed the point dood. The point was to trick everyone into thinking we wanted to hear it non-stop in the hopes they would feel bad for us and put it in there once!

You missed my point as well. I was just saying it would be funny to have the Beer Reaver that gives you that ability. It would be a just for fun thing that you earn a code for when you complete the game. They could have it so you have to complete the game a load of times to get secret reavers that aren't in the plot. That way we could see the Kain Reaver even if Kain survives and it would make no sense for Raz to have it. It's a great way to add replay value.

ZelenGangrel
26th Jun 2003, 18:26
Oh yeah, that's all we need. Drunk programmers. I've seen it before in college, what comes out of that aint pretty.

:D

Vampmaster
26th Jun 2003, 18:30
They have those at my college too. I'm one of them!

Umah Bloodomen
27th Jun 2003, 00:30
Blinc, we should've wrapped warp or willow up in one of the boxes so they could jack the PS2 developer unit. This would've been our chance. :p ;) :D

warpsavant
27th Jun 2003, 00:34
I live on Long Island you cant wrap me and send me to Cali, I'll die.

Also, some of my PM are like a year old, I feel bad for them and don't want to erase them. :p

Anubis_Orr
27th Jun 2003, 00:37
Marvel and wonder in the feature that is *drumroll* ....

Copy and Paste ;):p

willow
27th Jun 2003, 00:45
Hey I'm all kinds of skinny, I could have managed the job...

I'm glad everyone liked the package.
It was the least we could do

:)

warpsavant
27th Jun 2003, 00:51
C'mon Anubis. Thats as difficult as Save Target As.

Alright Willow. You get in a box, get to Cali, steal the dev console and hold it hostage for early SR builds.

Umah Bloodomen
27th Jun 2003, 00:52
Originally posted by warpsavant
I live on Long Island you cant wrap me and send me to Cali, I'll die.

Also, some of my PM are like a year old, I feel bad for them and don't want to erase them. :p

We'd punch a hole in it and give you a straw to breathe. LOL

blincoln
27th Jun 2003, 01:11
Shh, you'll spoil my plans for when they're working on the game *after* Defiance! =P

If we sent someone overnight class it wouldn't be so bad. Or we could rent a truck, paint it like a UPS van, and just pack the infiltratator up when we got there =).

Chris@Crystal
27th Jun 2003, 01:17
We'll I've got some pictures here of the "Dark Gifts" that were sent to the Defiance Team, or at least what is left of them after the team leaped and fed upon them. ;) Even Raziel got in on the action.

Thanks again to blincoln, warpsavant, umah bloodomen and willow ayala!

http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/CDGoodies/aftermath.jpg
http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/CDGoodies/bottleopener.jpg
http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/CDGoodies/razbeer.jpg
http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/CDGoodies/razbeer2.jpg
http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/CDGoodies/goodies.jpg
http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/CDGoodies/beer.jpg

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

warpsavant
27th Jun 2003, 01:18
Well, I'm not getting in no box. I'll drive the van. Maybe I'll even buy the paint.

Umah Bloodomen
27th Jun 2003, 01:20
Ha! Look at that. 2 Heineken's left. Yeah, who knows their beer? :p ;) :D

Blinc ~ I'm game. Let me get my camoflauge, steel-toed combat boots and shoe polish (for under my eyes)

**Insert Mission Impossible Theme** :D

Chris@Crystal
27th Jun 2003, 01:23
And Umah, I did finally frink my Heineken! Very cool and refreshing today, it is so very hot outside today!
Take care.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Anubis_Orr
27th Jun 2003, 01:24
Raziel spilled his beer! Get him! :D

Umah Bloodomen
27th Jun 2003, 01:25
Not only is the Jawless-Wonder a twit, he's an alcohol abuser. :p Has he no shame? **shakes head** :D

Woo hoo! Glad you got to drink some of those, Chris!

Anubis_Orr
27th Jun 2003, 01:27
That's what you get when you cross a hand-talker with a beer-drinker.... a spilly talker ;)

Umah Bloodomen
27th Jun 2003, 01:28
I think someone needs to be recast into the abyss for this transgression. No wonder Kain was so ticked off at him before. :p

Anubis_Orr
27th Jun 2003, 01:30
Yeah, good beer must've been hard to come by by then :D

warpsavant
27th Jun 2003, 01:32
Leave Raziel alone, he's a lightweight.

KainPainter
27th Jun 2003, 01:34
Actually Raziel makes a fine bottle opener. Hmm loving the Hardcore Cider myself. Most of the beer is gone now..:( Who's idea was the RedRum?! OOG!:eek:

As for sneaking into CD with a box: I keep seeing the words 'insert sword for 100 experience points' on it. BWahaha

THUMBS UP!

Umah Bloodomen
27th Jun 2003, 01:35
First Kain couldn't get a beer in BO now, Raziel can't even keep it in the bottle. Obviously it was a habitual offense.

At least I am happy to know I can handle my alcohol better than he can. :p

EDIT: I think it was Blinc's idea for the frilly stuff. ;)

warpsavant
27th Jun 2003, 01:43
We better make sure we dress Willow in chainmail.

That is pretty funny looking at Raz with a beer and all...

blincoln
27th Jun 2003, 02:08
Hardcore is a personal favourite of mine, I'm glad to see Raziel likes it too =).

I figured I couldn't go wrong with Redrum since it's got a soul spiral on the bottle. If you can round up the ingredients for the punch that is listed on the tag, that's pretty tasty too.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I was hoping to see some.

Apocrypha Roxy
27th Jun 2003, 18:11
Poor Raz... can't even hold the bottle. I won't even try to ask him to walk a straight line... :p

Don't worry, Warp, we'll poke some holes in the box, and I'll drive you personally to JFK (only 5 miles from my house)... :D

Don't forget the straws...

Soul Reaver
27th Jun 2003, 19:14
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? Why am I the one to suffer the fate of living SOOOOO far away...:( I wanna help you guys too... (Actually, I wouldn't be able to send you beer... underage)
Oh well I actually tried to make my sister to visit the H.Q. but she even couldn't locate Menlo Park! If there's ANYTHING I could help you with, you know how to reach me...
Still... thumbs up! You've done a GREAT job with the previous games and I don't think LoK: D will be any different...

Thank You all!!

Sincerely yours--
Soul Reaver

Matt from Spam Buddies
27th Jun 2003, 19:56
We should soon add a big sign, "Do not feed the game developers too much!" :D
Otherwise they will start asking for more. :p

Awww... Okay, mates! Great job! You deserve to take five. ;)

- Matthew

Vampmaster
27th Jun 2003, 20:20
If we can get the PS2 dev system and the early builds, we could try and do what CD wouldn't: Finish SRSE (using SR1 for the start of it) then give it back to CD so they can sell it to the public. If they're making the only profit, then they won't have a reason to sue us. (Although maybe they'd pay us for it if it was good.) We could put all the cut material back in with enough equipment. I wonder if I'm crazy enough to consider actually buying a PS2 Tool once I finish my degree and meeting you at an E3 in whichever distant year that may be.

warpsavant
27th Jun 2003, 20:27
LMFAO It almost sounds as if Vamp really thinks they were working on SRSE!!

Vampmaster
27th Jun 2003, 20:32
No, the actual SR1 CD is the first part of SRSE. We're going to do the rest!

blincoln
27th Jun 2003, 20:46
That would be fun. Too bad dev systems are like $10k =P. I tried to get a game developer friend of mine to swipe their TOOL when they went out of business, but he said they'd probably miss it.

Tridanthis
29th Jun 2003, 12:01
Well, new here and going through all the threads. I've been lurking for a while, but when I finally bothered to look at this one, I was impressed. That was really cool of you all to do that for the programming team and very surprising.

I guess that's something attributable to the dedication of LOK fandom. :p

Trid

Matt from Spam Buddies
29th Jun 2003, 12:08
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/CDGoodies/beer.jpg

Heheheh! This pic really cracks me up! :D

You should put it up in a gallery, a true modern art masterpiece. :p

Cheers!

- Matthew