PDA

View Full Version : Should it be delayed again?



Mangar The Dark
25th Jun 2003, 01:20
After reading the reactions of people who bought the PS2 version, and hearing rumors of another delay for the PC version, I'm wondering-- how many of you would be willing to wait another month or two for the PC version if Eidos promised to:

1. Improve the controls
2. Iron out the major bugs (I'm not saying they'll eliminate every bug, but at least the big ones.)


To put it simply, if waiting until August meant that the game would play a lot better, would you be willing to wait?

Claus.DuBois
25th Jun 2003, 01:31
I voted yes, but that almost seems impossible at this point. The PS2 seems to be getting lukewarm reviews, at best and I just saw news at Gamespot that the PC version is now expected in July maybe. It doesn't seem like they can wait too long because if they postponed too long and fixed and changed a lot of things, the PS2 buyers would soon realize they were screwed and no doubt litigation would follow. Who knows, they might end up just cutting their losses at some point and cancelling the PC version release altogether. What a fiasco!

badgal
25th Jun 2003, 01:43
Originally posted by Claus.DuBois
I voted yes, but that almost seems impossible at this point. The PS2 seems to be getting lukewarm reviews, at best and I just saw news at Gamespot that the PC version is now expected in July maybe. It doesn't seem like they can wait too long because if they postponed too long and fixed and changed a lot of things, the PS2 buyers would soon realize they were screwed and no doubt litigation would follow. Who knows, they might end up just cutting their losses at some point and cancelling the PC version release altogether. What a fiasco!

hehe, that actually sounds very possible, i hope it dosn't happen that way, though i wouldn't mind if they delayed it again but as you said, its unlikely.

Dead_Angel
25th Jun 2003, 03:31
which part is unlikely?

Atreyu
25th Jun 2003, 09:35
do you guys realize that if they fixed all the major bugs and even the minor ones (like guys standing on chairs. not a bug but a programming fault) and fixed the god damn controls to make it more responsive and handle better and included a custom control config for users then the game would recieve pretty good ratings. but left as it is the ratings it is getting are *****. oh yeah and fix the slowdown. this would get good reviews if it weren't for the general feeling that the company didn't care about it anymore and just put it out cuz they were tired of it.

ps-evanescence sux my ass dude.

project_x5
25th Jun 2003, 09:48
I just hope it'll be out down under within 2 weeks so I can play it all thru my 2 weeks of school holidays...

badgal
25th Jun 2003, 12:55
Originally posted by Dead_Angel
which part is unlikely?

Its unlikely that they would delay the PC realease to patch it up because as Claus.DuBois said it would just make the PS2 gamers feel like guinie pigs.

oh and project_x5 dont expect AOD in Australia anytime before 30th July, almost all gaming stores confirmed this date.

Mangar The Dark
25th Jun 2003, 13:16
Originally posted by badgal
Its unlikely that they would delay the PC realease to patch it up because as Claus.DuBois said it would just make the PS2 gamers feel like guinie pigs.



On the other hand, does it make sense for them to ignore the complaints? If everyone says, "The controls are horrendous," and they have a chance to fix this problem, isn't it just negligent NOT to fix it? Yes, the PS2 players may be a bit peeved, but surely Eidos would make more profit from the PC version if the reviews all say, "Vastly superior to the PS2 version!" than if they say, "Another shoddy console port of a lousy game." And let's face it, Eidos is in this to make money. Plus, fixing the problems would give Eidos a far better reputation among gamers, and even PS2 owners may see more hope for the next game in the series, figuring that the improvements in the PC version may carry over to their version in the sequel.

badgal
25th Jun 2003, 13:43
Originally posted by Mangar The Dark
On the other hand, does it make sense for them to ignore the complaints? If everyone says, "The controls are horrendous," and they have a chance to fix this problem, isn't it just negligent NOT to fix it? Yes, the PS2 players may be a bit peeved, but surely Eidos would make more profit from the PC version if the reviews all say, "Vastly superior to the PS2 version!" than if they say, "Another shoddy console port of a lousy game." And let's face it, Eidos is in this to make money. Plus, fixing the problems would give Eidos a far better reputation among gamers, and even PS2 owners may see more hope for the next game in the series, figuring that the improvements in the PC version may carry over to their version in the sequel.

I really really REALLY hope that happens!!, good reviews for AOD PC - Now thats something :D

XanderD2
25th Jun 2003, 17:03
I say, they should delay it and they should announce that they have delayed it. In that way everybody could chill out for a while, and hope they fix everthing they can.

Mangar The Dark
25th Jun 2003, 17:21
Originally posted by XanderD2
I say, they should delay it and they should announce that they have delayed it. In that way everybody could chill out for a while, and hope they fix everthing they can.

Agreed. If they just come forward and say, "Look, the game has some problems, and we think we can work them out, but it's going to take some time. We hope to be able to ship it in fully working order by the end of the year," I think we'll all be okay with that. (Well, okay, some people will burst into tears at prospect of having to wait so long, but the rest of us can feel free to buy other games and forget about AOD for a while, and then come back to it when it's ready.)

LARAMANIAC
25th Jun 2003, 17:32
EXACTLY!!!!! Talk to the people, thats all we're asking for! Stop treating us like mushrooms, let us know whats going on!!! If they are gonna delay it again they should come out and tell us why, for how long etc!!!

TALK TO US EIDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

spanks
25th Jun 2003, 17:39
Why not aim for July 25 - the movie release date?

I think Eidos forced the PS2 release in order to try to meet their quarterly targets. However, they're probably seeing right now how poorly a 2nd rate game sells. Hopefully they're reconsidering the importance of a couple days of sales of the PC version.

susan
25th Jun 2003, 19:13
I'd be happy for them to delay release in the UK if they changed the controls. I know I haven't played it yet, but I've read so many reviews that all say the same thing - the new controls are worse than the old ones...by a long way.

If they aren't changing the controls, then no don't delay. The bugs (even freezing and restarting the game) I can cope with. I definitely don't care if the game slows down now and again for a couple of seconds.