PDA

View Full Version : I found the swan dive code!

flamingblue8z
24th Jun 2003, 20:40
I know a couple people thought it was gone, but i was trying to test a sprinting jump, and as i got close to the water, her arms spread wide and she was ready for her swan dive! So, you have to run hit jump, then hit sprint and she'll swan-dive. Of course, there's still the cool dive-in, using action at the edge of a body of water, but the swan dive is still cool, and has been part of TR since the first one. Didn't see anyone else mention it on the forum, so i thought i'd post.

KillahFrog
24th Jun 2003, 20:47
There is also the famous acrobatic move that she does when she climbs up a ledge.

And something new, at least to me, she can do a back-flip and grab an edge now... instead of just dropping down and grabbing it. Pretty cool....

bcat75
25th Jun 2003, 00:03
but why doesnt she do her handstand while climbing up a cliff? yes the swan dive wasnt hard to figure out and i havent gotten my two guns yet...where the hell are they at? Im not liking this one gun thing

flamingblue8z
25th Jun 2003, 01:40
She never picks up a second gun. I'm rather annoyed as well, because the other holster is bare. However, there might be some way that Rennes pawnshop (if it funtions as the strategy guide says) would give you the option to buy the double-pistols. Who knows, really. I highly doubt we'll see Lara toting more than one gun at a time in this game.

Phoenix.Vibe
25th Jun 2003, 02:01
hm....thats weird. When you let the game idle for a few seconds in the start screen, it starts to show some gameplay scenes from the game and in one of the scenes you see lara shooting WITH her TWO GUNS! :eek: :confused:

So maybe there is a way to get them. I sure hope we can find out how. :(
Cause, you know what they say, two is better then one! :p

flamingblue8z
25th Jun 2003, 02:20
LOL, yes, true. However, i think that as a last minute "change in plans", Core removed the 2 pistols, in favor of a more realistic "Lara must support a gun with 2 hands" idea. Though it wouldn't make sense for her to have 2 in the cutscenes. I can't complain too much, the overall gameplay is good, and the story is... amazing, and heartbreaking, as i'm now in the next to the last level, and i just witnessed the worst thing that i never expected. I shall not mention it, i may just cry :confused:

KillahFrog
25th Jun 2003, 02:30
but why doesnt she do her handstand while climbing up a cliff?

That's what I was talking about... Fret not, they still have that move in. :)

hbic3
25th Jun 2003, 05:00
While hanging from cliff or high ledge, hold ACTION-WALK-UP together.... She will do her handstand to walkover move.

RedLegg
25th Jun 2003, 05:45
Originally posted by hbic3
While hanging from cliff or high ledge, hold ACTION-WALK-UP together.... She will do her handstand to walkover move.

And if you stand with your back to a ledge, hit WALK+ACTION for a stunning backflip/grab move.

littlelady
22nd Jul 2003, 18:33
if you hold down the left anlog stick forward and the r2 button at the same time you can run extra fast

TRWad
22nd Jul 2003, 19:25
Originally posted by Phoenix.Vibe
hm....thats weird. When you let the game idle for a few seconds in the start screen, it starts to show some gameplay scenes from the game and in one of the scenes you see lara shooting WITH her TWO GUNS! :eek: :confused:

So maybe there is a way to get them. I sure hope we can find out how. :(
Cause, you know what they say, two is better then one! :p

The only way to get them is to cheat. You can't find them in the official levels. She still has them in some cutscenes. To get them in game, Core must give us a patch.