PDA

View Full Version : How are people making such good levels?

Jraider3000
24th Jun 2003, 17:01
How are people making such great levels while i can only make the simple ones that are similar to the first to ever be uploaded? lol. What I'm really asking are there any specific programs that people are useing and stuff besides the WAD editor and that stuff?

dhama
24th Jun 2003, 17:33
Although there are a number of excellent tools that are available for use along side the TRLE, the true reason for good levels comes about with the amount of time that anyone is prepared to spend creating a level, therefore, I'd suggest that if you want to produce a good level, you'd need to take it very slowly, tweaking it and play testing it till you think it is good; sometimes this can take time.
Getting someone else to test it is always a good idea too as they will find them yourselfon't work so well when you can't see them yourself.;)

Jraider3000
24th Jun 2003, 17:35
Yes I knew that I was just wondering if anyone knew of some tools that would allow me to give my levels a good upgrade as far as how good it looks goes. But thank you anyway.;)

dhama
24th Jun 2003, 19:47
I can only add that originality alone makes a level popular, so if a level has the same ingrediants that others have already used; it may go unnoticed. ;)

EddyBones
28th Jun 2003, 17:35
Custom objects and textures are always make a level look good. That is, if you can make 'em.