PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

Revenge
24th Jun 2003, 01:00
I have two questions that have been itching me about this game...

1 - Do we still have pistols w/ unlimited ammo?

2 - Do we still have the original TR theme? (I was QUITE dismayed with its removal in TR5)

Katie_Fleming
24th Jun 2003, 01:03
We will not have unlimited ammo anymore...and as for the theme song, it has been changed -- but it's absolutely incredible :)

Leigh Croft
24th Jun 2003, 10:16
Yeah the theme tune has changed but it still has the trait of the tomb raider theme in there, just in a different style. Its realy good

T_Rex
24th Jun 2003, 18:06
I don't think that anything will ever beat the original Tomb Raider 1 game soundtrack as composed by Nathan McCree. His style was completely paralell with the first game. I sure wish that he would come back to keep doing the TR video game music scores. I believe I read somewhere that McCree was upset with Eidos for not putting his music in the places he intended them for the first Tomb Raider game. They just threw the music in and rushed the game out. It was still a fabulous game, the best TR still in my opinion, but McCree never did a TR score again. They did however keep the core melody of his original theme and did variations on it for TR2 and TR3. Then for Revelations and Chronicles they completely got a new score and theme. I guess that goes with the fact that Eidos was planning on completely changing the Tomb Raider series, so why not change the music as well? I still hear hints of McCree's original melody sometimes in the new music, with emphasis on the harp and strings. Just one of many things I miss from the original Trilogy.

Revenge
25th Jun 2003, 00:03
Originally posted by Leigh Croft
Yeah the theme tune has changed but it still has the trait of the tomb raider theme in there, just in a different style. Its realy good That's what I meant. They keep reworking it in each game and I love that, and again I was displeased with its removal in TR5. Glad to see its back!