PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Ultimate Tomb Raider?

Morse
23rd Jun 2003, 18:40
I'm new to these boards and I was just wondering if anyone here has ever defeated every single Tomb Raider game without using any walkthroughs, level skips or hints. I personally have beat every game without looking at a walkthrough except for Tomb Raider:The Last Revelation. I had to look one time in order to know that I needed to pull a boulder in order to get a missing item. Let me say I am still pissed off about it to this day. Please be honest with what you write.
Thanks.
-Morse

Godfather
23rd Jun 2003, 21:23
I don't know whether I'm the ultimate Tomb Raider (although I'm obsessed with Lara Croft; in a very sane and healthy way; that is), but I've finished every single Tomb Raider-game without anything you've mentioned before. At the beginning (the second or third time, but NEVER the first time that I played the Tomb Raider-game) I sometimes used this glitch which gave you full weapons-possibility, but I didn't like it in the end. It's not really realistic. :D

In any way: I think it's safe to say that I'm one of the very best Tomb riader-gamers out there. Been playing ever since 1996 which also makes me one of the oldest and earliest Tomb Raider-gamers (thnx to a once-dear friend of mine who introduced me to this FANTASTIC game)

bye for now

the last frustration
23rd Jun 2003, 23:17
TLF would have assumed that *Lara* is the ultimate Tomb Raider. After all, the poor gal DIES about a million times for us, we gotta give her some credit, ne? :p

That said, TLF herself is a pretty crappy raider. She's resorted to a walkthrough for every game thus far, and *still* hasn't completed TR2 (due more to laziness than anything else). She's gonna try to get through AoD without help, though. If Mr Mail-Man ever decides to DELIVER it to her...

dgx2001
24th Jun 2003, 04:08
I guess I have done the Impossible. :D

THE True Lara
24th Jun 2003, 08:19
Originally posted by Godfather
I don't know whether I'm the ultimate Tomb Raider (although I'm obsessed with Lara Croft; in a very sane and healthy way; that is),
In the words of Mrs Crabapple; "Ha!" :p

Morse
24th Jun 2003, 11:00
I'm sure a bunch of people on these boards have been playing since the beginning. I personally purchased the original Tomb Raider the first week that it came out. I had a Sega Saturn at the time and the controls were much easier to use on that system.

Acceber
24th Jun 2003, 14:52
Ha. Yeah right. My diplomatic response to this is: I use a walkthrough to ensure ultimate satisfaction is gained from experiencing everything the game has to offer.

This response is obviously used as an alternative to "I get stuck real easy".

:D

CatSuit&Ponytail
24th Jun 2003, 15:41
What's Tomb Raider? :confused:

Morse
26th Jun 2003, 17:32
BUMP

Katie_Fleming
27th Jun 2003, 01:27
The ultimate Tomb Raider? Duh -- Lara Croft!

Katie_Fleming
27th Jun 2003, 01:28
The ultimate Tomb Raider? Duh -- Lara Croft! Shesh, sometimes you guys are a wee bit slow hehe

Ethereal
27th Jun 2003, 10:24
Me | never used cheats nor walktroughs.

And 'me' is hoping for a harder game!
TR4&5 were SOOO AWEFULL easy!