PDA

View Full Version : Finally got it, stuck already

rimfire
23rd Jun 2003, 17:24
First, the question: I went through the trainer and am at the apartment. Apparently Lara is supposed to find a key somewhere, but I can't find it. I was thinking maybe she's supposed to use the crowbar to pry a door open, but I can't figure out how to "use" it.

Comments: I'm playing on the PS2. If they come out with a demo, I may get the PC version, too, but I think it was a pretty pricey game and don't want to put out more bucks before finding out how well it will run on my system.

Controls:
Maybe it's just the PS2 controller. I never have warmed up to that, but getting to the inventory and back takes too much time and too many steps, and I can't tell if it's working. Maybe using the crowbar isn't the right thing to do here, or maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it isn't working.

I'm having the worst time with the analog joystick tied to the viewing angle. Three out of four times in the trainer, I was trying to get Lara positioned to jump a gap but instead she climbed over a railing and fell to her death. Bet you know the place I'm talking about!

I'm in the apartment (level 2?) now. There's one hallway I try to get Lara to walk down, but every time she starts down it, the camera angle spins around with the result that Lara turns around and goes back out. I have to get Lara to a certain spot and stop and wait for the camera angle to change, and that's annoying.

Anyway, HELP! Where's the darn key or whatever?

PhysicsWolf
23rd Jun 2003, 17:33
Originally posted by rimfire
First, the question: I went through the trainer and am at the apartment. Apparently Lara is supposed to find a key somewhere, but I can't find it. I was thinking maybe she's supposed to use the crowbar to pry a door open, but I can't figure out how to "use" it.

Just walk up to the door with the lock to be broken and press action. Lara gets out the crowbar automatically. The same goes with keys and locked doors.

PW

rimfire
23rd Jun 2003, 17:41
I'll try again. I think I've tried every door there is--not to mention the bicycle and the mailboxes--but maybe I missed one.

I don't have to do anything special to use the crowbar then? She just does it because that's the only choice there?

sspears
23rd Jun 2003, 17:41
On the camera: No real cure for it but I've found that using the R3 key recenters the camera behind you.

sspears
23rd Jun 2003, 17:44
Did you pick the crowbar up yet?

bcat75
23rd Jun 2003, 19:48
to get the crowbar you have to climb higher above that room your in and move that barrel out of the corner and climb down on a ledge

rimfire
24th Jun 2003, 00:25
I have the crobar. I'm in the next level. I haven't had a chance to play again.

soniqstylz
24th Jun 2003, 00:40
Go to the top of the apartment... about halfway up, break down a door for a strength boost. At the top, move the box, so you can jump over the stairs to the railing. There are two keys in there. One key gets you out of the building, the other opens the locked apartment. Don't bother with the locked apartment, I think you get half a health pack, it's not worth it.

Lil Lara
24th Jun 2003, 00:41
I think I'm in the same level, Madam Carvier's apartment? Im not sure what to do and everytime the cops come in and arrest her. :(

soniqstylz
24th Jun 2003, 00:51
Get the h**l out before the cops come in. As soon as you leave the apartment, you go to a cut scene that shows her escaping.