PDA

View Full Version : Computer Info (not about the requirements)

Dead_Angel
22nd Jun 2003, 23:25
A long time ago this person told me on a thread how to check all of my computer info thingys. It was something like diaxg or someting like that (to run in "run" on the start menu) (microsoft) and i checked everything once, but i need to check again, but i dont know what the thing is called to get into it. If anyone knows can you please let me know.

thanks

Deviance
22nd Jun 2003, 23:31
Err I really hate the authentication on these forums.. it seems if I stay logged in at work it won't allow me to log in properly at home..

Anywho..

It's dxdiag from the run menu.. it gives you the rundown on yer system.. and you can run tests and all that..

Dead_Angel
22nd Jun 2003, 23:50
THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Man ive trying to remember what the thing was and i was getting all frusterated (okay so my spelling is off today)

thanks again

Dead_Angel
23rd Jun 2003, 00:05
Okay does anyone know if this is good enough for AOD for the pc:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows ME

Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~1000MHz

Memory: 254MB RAM

Page File: 125MB used, 1667MB available

DirectX Version: DierectX 8.1

DISPLAY:

Name: RADEON 7500

Maufacturer: ATI Tech- Enhanced

Chip Type: Radeon 7500 (QW) Rev 0 ( its a T &L grapic card)

DAC Type: Internal

Approx Total Memory: 63.0 MB

SOUND:

Name: Crystal WDM Audio

if anyone knows please email me or something, thanks!

Dead_Angel
23rd Jun 2003, 00:07
sorry, it is about the requirements. sorry

Frugo_PL
23rd Jun 2003, 00:11
Update your DirectX and the game should run well.

Dead_Angel
23rd Jun 2003, 00:12
how? do i buy it or something, or do i download it?
thanks for the feed back

Deviance
23rd Jun 2003, 00:15
From the specs.. I'd say you should be fine..

DOn't worry about updating directx yet.. i'm sure the game will have 9 in it if it's needed. And you may need to run on a lower res but it should play fine and smooth.. Reason I bring up the res is the radeon seems a bit oldschool... I'm not that familar with their cards tho.. I usually stick with Nvidia..

Dead_Angel
23rd Jun 2003, 00:18
Thanks, i was worried and i just needed some optomisim (didi spell that right?) right now, and of course one's opinion and one's tought about it.

thanks, btw do you have a msn or aim name Deviance i guess i should just check your profile, but if you do and dont want to share it with others, let me know, k?

k thanks again! :)

jayel
23rd Jun 2003, 00:21
Nope. Get it HERE. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A19BED22-0B25-4E5D-A584-6389D8A3DAD0&displaylang=en) Follow the directions. It self installs.

Dead_Angel
23rd Jun 2003, 00:26
thank you thank you sooooo much!

thanks jayel

Dead_Angel
23rd Jun 2003, 00:51
What exactly does directx do anyway. please dont call me stupid, i dont know much.

jayel
23rd Jun 2003, 01:15
DirectX is universal graphics driver software for the Windows OS developed by Microsoft.

Frugo_PL
23rd Jun 2003, 01:19
In simple terms, it allows various cards in your PC to work together (coordinate) better and quicker. With each new DirecX the coordination is better.

Deviance
23rd Jun 2003, 01:51
Directx integrates into the os and it controls sound, and video.. It overlays on top of the drives you have already. Optimizes them a bit.. makes things more stable. But directx 9 is iffy.. it works great for some not so great for others. I usually recommend waiting till you get a game that needs it cuz it will install it for you.

Works better when you install it after a clean os install..

As for my msn name..

It's Deviancy

Same with aim

Dead_Angel
23rd Jun 2003, 02:52
Thanks again, i was downloading the 9 directx and i was like, what does it do anyway?

lol

thanks again