PDA

View Full Version : Aod vs. Half-Life 2

Frugo_PL
22nd Jun 2003, 14:37
Which game will be better? :rolleyes: :D :p

Atreyu
22nd Jun 2003, 15:36
Dude that was a ridiculous question. of course half-life 2 will be better. i almost cried when i first saw the hl2 graphics and if the ai from the first one is used again in this one (which it won't be) it'll still be good enough to create one hell of a gaming experience. not that aod is bad it's just that hl2 will be incredibly good.

tomb_raiding
22nd Jun 2003, 15:43
I think both the same :confused:

tomb_raiding
22nd Jun 2003, 15:44
Originally posted by Atreyu
Dude that was a ridiculous question. of course half-life 2 will be better. i almost cried when i first saw the hl2 graphics and if the ai from the first one is used again in this one (which it won't be) it'll still be good enough to create one hell of a gaming experience. not that aod is bad it's just that hl2 will be incredibly good.

Can u give me a link :)

Frugo_PL
22nd Jun 2003, 15:46
Look at those jelous PS2 users... They wont even get a chance to play HL2... :cool: ;) :D

Frugo_PL
22nd Jun 2003, 15:48
Originally posted by tomb_raiding
Can u give me a link :)

Half Life 2 is a top-secret project. The only 2 magazines that published a review of HL2 were PC Gamer and Computer Gaming World. I couldn't find any pix of HL2 on the net. If someone can, then just post'em here.

Atreyu
22nd Jun 2003, 15:48
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/index.html

this'll take you to gamespot.com also check out ign.com if you're interested. then you will see the light my child.

Atreyu
22nd Jun 2003, 15:53
it's already out? it doesn't ship until september 30th i think. but you are right all the pics on the internet are old pics from the early development stages. fileplanet.com has a new video from a couple months ago and those graphics are beautiful. ooooh yeah.

Frugo_PL
22nd Jun 2003, 16:04
There you have it folks! A game to play after Aod :cool:

tomb_raiding
22nd Jun 2003, 16:15
Thanx Alot Atreyu :)

Atreyu
22nd Jun 2003, 16:54
http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?platform=PC&genre=ACTION&image=/previews/may03/halflife2pc/05.jpg

check out the graphics of HL2 and weep as i did. this shows the graphical jump from the first to the second. so beautiful.

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/may03/halflife2pc/screenshots.shtml

all screenshots of HL2

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/may03/halflife2pc/

official preview on gamespy.com. if you say anything bad about half life 2 i will seriously hunt you down. this game is beautiful.

Claus.DuBois
22nd Jun 2003, 17:02
No offense to any diehard TR fans, but this isn't fair to TRAOD. Anyone who has seen the HL2 movie clips from E3 will know that TRAOD isn't even in the same ball park as HL2. There are at least 4 or 5 games coming in the fall that are in the same ballpark as HL2 such as Doom III and Deus Ex 2. Comparing any of these games to TRAOD just isn't fair to TRAOD. Even, comparing TRAOD to the original 4 year old HL is probably unfair to TRAOD.

Assuming all of the major fall releases do make it out, that's why it's almost impossible to see how TRAOD can garner average ratings any better than about 6.5 to 7. And for those who have actually been bold enough to predict on these forums that TRAOD could be game of the year, all I can say is get a clue! No way with Splinter Cell already receivng solid ratings in 2003 and then with the amazing fall line up.

I speaking strictly in terms of the PC version.

Cheers

Atreyu
22nd Jun 2003, 17:06
the man (or women, don't mean to be sexist here) has a point. just look at it. oh the beauty. i didn't believe in god before but now...okay i still don't but now at least there's some proof; the beauty of HL2

Frugo_PL
22nd Jun 2003, 17:06
Originally posted by Claus.DuBois
No offense to any diehard TR fans, but this isn't fair to TRAOD. Anyone who has seen the HL2 movie clips from E3 will know that TRAOD isn't even in the same ball park as HL2. There are at least 4 or 5 games coming in the fall that are in the same ballpark as HL2 such as Doom III and Deus Ex 2. Comparing any of these games to TRAOD just isn't fair to TRAOD. Even, comparing TRAOD to the original 4 year old HL is probably unfair to TRAOD.

Cheers

I think that's why I placed lots of ":D " to indicate that this is question is sarcasm :cool: :D

DanO-mulder
22nd Jun 2003, 17:15
This has got to be the Lamest Spam Poll ever in my 4 years on this board.:rolleyes:

Atreyu
22nd Jun 2003, 17:17
yeah but you know us frugo. we're very serious people who believe in very serious conversations. oh yes, you know how to work me. and don't let your mongoose of the leash or it will run away.

Frugo_PL
22nd Jun 2003, 17:17
It's not spam. Just wanted to see if those defending TR are just addiceted to TR so much taht they are blind so much that they cant see straight... I guess some of them are... :D

DanO-mulder
22nd Jun 2003, 17:22
No...it's spam.:rolleyes:

Frugo_PL
22nd Jun 2003, 17:26
Whatever. I can call the whinning threads spam as well. After all, spam is "something that doesn't contribute to the forum, or it is clearly written that the post is spam." You can call it whatever you want, but this isn't spam. If my message would look like:

*********TR SUUUUUUUUUX************

and I would post that in every post then THAT's called spam... But if it bugs you so much then the mods can delete it. But no one seems to have a problem with this poll beides you.

Atreyu
22nd Jun 2003, 17:47
yeah frugo's right. what he's doing is not spam since it is related to the general forum topic (TR:AOD) and was only posted once. therefore it is neither spam nor unrelated spam. so ha! we win. boo-ya-ka-sha

GoranAgar
22nd Jun 2003, 18:12
Originally posted by mulder
This has got to be the Lamest Spam Poll ever in my 4 years on this board.:rolleyes:

It most certainly is in the Top Ten of the lamest polls.

Frugo_PL
22nd Jun 2003, 19:33
Originally posted by Nerevar
And that says quite a lot!

It does, lol. :D

Atreyu
22nd Jun 2003, 20:53
damn it. even the moderator thinks it's spam. when will the world fully realize Frugo's dream? soon you shall all see the reckoning of FRUGO!

thumb raider
22nd Jun 2003, 21:16
i dont think you really can compare these two games. they're just so different IMHO:p

Atreyu
22nd Jun 2003, 21:21
of course you can compare them. here we're comparing the enjoyability of playing through each one and which one will provide a more enjoyable gaming experience overall. it's all about finding common ground. like comparing a piece of toast and a lamborgini. which one is better? which will provide more user satisfaction? of course this depends on user circumstance but you get the point. Beware the HIPPO!!!!

Snake312
22nd Jun 2003, 23:03
Frugo_pl shut the hell up, we arnt jealous PS2 users, were PROUD PS2 users, your just putting PS2 down cause you probably aint got one, so shut up:mad:Tomb raider will be alot more popular than HL2, and even though im a PS2 user, i can still play HL2...TR-dont suck, you suck HL bores the pants off me your the one who carnt see straight so stop boring us all with ur lame posts:oi will defend what i think is best, and i dont think i KNOW tomb raider is the best(not the best game ever of course)!!and so will a lot of others...

Lr&Kt
22nd Jun 2003, 23:42
That´s ridiculous... we´re all very good fans of tr, but as gamers we´ll all have to say that hl2 is a much better game, not just by the genre, by everything!! hl2 is gonna by the future of gaming... remember that

Snake312
22nd Jun 2003, 23:49
I aint really putting it has him not been a fan of TR, im onabout him putting PS2 down all the time...

Frugo_PL
23rd Jun 2003, 00:26
Originally posted by Snake312
Frugo_pl shut the hell up, we arnt jealous PS2 users, were PROUD PS2 users, your just putting PS2 down cause you probably aint got one, so shut up:mad:Tomb raider will be alot more popular than HL2, and even though im a PS2 user, i can still play HL2...TR-dont suck, you suck HL bores the pants off me your the one who carnt see straight so stop boring us all with ur lame posts:oi will defend what i think is best, and i dont think i KNOW tomb raider is the best(not the best game ever of course)!!and so will a lot of others...

I didn't say that TR was bad, in fact I love it. The PS2 thing, I believe that it's right. PS2 users basicly consider that that's the best gaming platform and there isn't any other platform. All that I hear on the forums is that TR sux, cuz if freezes on PS2. PS2 is only one of the platforms for gaming, and I dare to say that it's getting outdated. The best games are coming out for PC now, and the PC is not hampered by the limitations of the system. Game developers dont really look at what the PC has, but they rather try to make the games most advanced as possible. Examples - EverQuest 2, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Deus Ex 2, etc... Games for PS2 USED to be good, but as time progresses, PS2 doesnt get upgrades... And get it straight - there is also a PC version of Aod, so stop talking that TR is bad - you haven't seen PC version yet. Just start noticing other platforms. Oh, and you are so proud that you dont notice the things around you. That's called egoism.

Snake312
23rd Jun 2003, 00:31
Look i do notice other consoles, and yes PC is best of all i know that, i play many online games and PC is the best i know that!!and did i say TR is bad?!?!i dont recall, i absolutly love tomb raider, anyway my main point is PS2 does not suck, yes PC is better i admit but whatever PS2 does not suck...yeah go on say ''did i say PS2 sucks'' but ive seen you putting it down on other posts, and look at the graphics to metal gear solid2 and you say PS2 carnt handle stuff??hmmm ok.....anyway forget all this im just trying say PS2 is not *****...:D

Frugo_PL
23rd Jun 2003, 00:45
Yes, I did say that PS2 sux, as a retaliation for those who say that Aod sux, just by looking at the PS version. Well, if PS2 cant handle the graphics, too bad. It's not game's fault, but rather PS2's. And I didn't refer to you, but all of those whinners out there. The point is that from what I read, most PS2 users on this forum are being very self-centered on PS2. Yeah, good games did come out for PS2, but that was some time ago.

Snake312
23rd Jun 2003, 00:50
Ok whatever, but anyway forget it, im just saying i dont think PS2 sux yeah may not handle some games well but it sure dont suck. Anyway carnt wait till june 27th or june 30th thats when its out in UK(AOD that is)and it looks great(i can withstand some bugs and slowdowns)i would wait for PC version but i seriously carnt wait:D :D :D

Frugo_PL
23rd Jun 2003, 00:55
Ok whatever, but anyway forget it, im just saying i dont think PS2 sux yeah may not handle some games well but it sure dont suck. Anyway carnt wait till june 27th or june 30th thats when its out in UK(AOD that is)and it looks great(i can withstand some bugs and slowdowns)i would wait for PC version but i seriously carnt wait:D :D :D

Trust me, if your PC can withstand Aod, I would get that version. I know that slowdowns and games freezing every 5 minutes are VERY ANNOYING! It's better to wait. Patience may really reward you this time...

Snake312
23rd Jun 2003, 00:58
Ok well you tell me if it could, i think it can but im not 100% anyway here are the specs........1400MHZ, 386MB Ram, nvidia gforce4 mx440 64mb graphics card, and plz tell the truth...

Frugo_PL
23rd Jun 2003, 01:14
This is MORE than enough... BTW, you should be able to run Half Life 2 on this as well (HL2 is supposed to use the newest tech, but when all the details are scaled down, it could even run on Riva TNT 2... A DirectX6(!) card!). Just update your DirectX, since TR will require DX 9.

You can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a19bed22-0b25-4e5d-a584-6389d8a3dad0&displaylang=en

The download is in the small box to your right. It self installs.
That's all. Then just run Aod... and have a slowdown free fun!

Snake312
23rd Jun 2003, 01:17
Lol thanks mate, i suppose i got you all wrong, soz for what i said **smacks himself**.Anyway when is HL2 out or is it out or whatever??

Frugo_PL
23rd Jun 2003, 01:34
Lol thanks mate, i suppose i got you all wrong, soz for what i said **smacks himself**.Anyway when is HL2 out or is it out or whatever??

Half Life 2 will ship on September 20, 2003, before Doom 3, and FAAAAAAAAAAAR before Duke Nukem Forever <---- (that's how long it will take to make it :D )

Cyber_Punk_303
23rd Jun 2003, 02:50
Uh, have you even SEEN the video for Half-Life 2? The people who voted for anything BUT HL2 most certainly have not, and so should not have posted.

And asking this in a TR forum is obviously going to gather a bias response.

I really like and enjoy TR, but it has nothing on HL2. The first TR game was a breakthrough. The rest are all fun add on packs. HL2 is something new.

Atreyu
23rd Jun 2003, 12:18
does anyone know what's up with duke nukem forever? that games been in development since 1998 and it'll drop off radar for a while, resurface with a new graphics engine and "nearly done" only to dissappear again without a trace. Does anyone know how it's doing?

Cyber_Punk_303
23rd Jun 2003, 13:56
WORD!!!

DNF has been in developement for like, 6 years!!! And people complained about 2 week AOD delays!!!

Well, they've switched engines again, and are now using the Doom 3 engine (i believe). I have no idea when it should be out - all i know is that we'll all need a new computer by then.