PDA

View Full Version : Found PS2 controls

Raider of tombs
22nd Jun 2003, 13:08
Here are the PS2 controls :D ;)

LARA'S SPECIAL MOVES

SWIMMING ON THE SURFACE
If Lara finds a deep pool of water, she can jump in and swim. Use the left analog stick to move Lara around on the surface of a pool and press the "O" button (jump) to stroke forward. At the edge of the water, press the left analog stick UP and press the "X" button (action) to climb out.

SWIMMING UNDERWATER.
When swimming underwater, Lara can hold her breath for about a minute - any longer and she'll become fish food.

CLIMBING PIPES/LADDERS
To climb up drainpipes or ladders, walk Lara up to the object and move the left analog stick UP to make her click onto the object. Then use the left analog stick to climb up or down and to dismount.

MONKEY SWING.
Where the opportunity exists to monkey swing from bar to bar to cross a gap, position Lara under the first bar and press the "O" button (jump). When she's holding onto the bar, more the left analog stick UP to monkey swing forward. Press the "X" button (action) to dismount.

GENERIC ACTIONS

HAND OVER HAND
To hump onto a zip wire, position your character directly under is and pres the "O" button (jump). Use the left analog stick to travel along the rope. Press the "TRIANGLE" button (duck) to tuck your character's legs up to rest of avoid objects.

JUMPING, GRABBING AND SHIMMYING
To jump, press the "O" button (jump). To jump in a certain direction, move the left analog stick while jumping. Jumps onto ledges or rails over a great distance require a jump and grab. To perform this jump, press the jump button while moving the left analog stick UP, release the jump button, then at the apex of the jump press and hold the "X" button (action) until Lara or Kurtis grabs the ledge. You can then release the button. Use the left analog stick to shimmy along the ledge, and press UP to climb up onto the ledge. press the action button to release the grab. Once the grab is activated, a grab bar appears on the screen to monitor your character's energy. if the grab bar runs out, the character's grip will looses immediately.

GRAB BAR
Lara and Kurtis are very fit and strong but even they can't hang from ledges indefinitely. When either one is grabbing a ledge, a grab bar appears and immediately begins to decrease. If it's allowed to run out completely, the grab is released and the character lets go of the ledge. The bar is automatically refreshed with each grab.

LAST CHANCE GRAB
If your character begins to slide on the scenery, press the "X" button (action) to make the character grab onto something before falling.

INTERACTING WITH THE ENVIRONMENT
Lara and Kurtis interact with their worlds in different ways. One example of this is the opening doors. Approach and stand by a door. When you are near enough to open it, a hand icon appears. Press the "X" button (action) to make your character try and interact with it - in this case by opening a door. You may want Lara or Kurtis to climb through windows or up onto boxes. To achieve this, walk your character up to the object. If the character can climb up or squeeze through the gap, he or she will do so automatically.

PUSHING/PULLING
Both Lara and Kurtis can push and pull certain objects. Position your character next to the object and press and hold the "X" button (action). Lara or Kurtis will then adopt a ready posture (if the object can be manipulated). Then, move the left analog stick UP to push the object, or pull DOWN to pull the object. Release the action button to resume normal stance.

ATTACKING
Press the "R1" button (weapon) to draw the currently selected weapon from the inventory. While the weapon is drawn, press the "X" button (action) to fire, or tap the "TRIANGLE" button (target) to switch targets. Press the weapon button again to holder the weapon. Both Lara and Kurtis are ready for a fist fight at any time. When an enemy is close by, tap the action button once for a single punch, and twice for double punch. Press the action button firmly to kick.

STEALTH
To remain relatively undetected, both Lara and Kurtis can adopt a stealth mode, which you toggle active/disabled by tapping the "L2" button (stealth). Lara and Kurtis can also have a silent neck-breaker move, activated by press the "X" button (action) when your character is standing directly behind an unsuspecting enemy. While in stealth mode, when your character is near a flat upright surface, press the action button to hug the wall. Use the left analog stick to perform a leaning look around a corner. Press the action button again to resume your normal stance.

While in stealth mode with a weapon drawn, move the left analog stick UP to move forward in the direction your character is looking, move LEFT or RIGHT to sidestep, and pull DOWN to step backward. Use the right analog stick to move the field of vision: as you move your character, your weapon will also move, enabling you to target automatically. Stealth mode is designed for "silent running." Any enemies whose line of sight you cross will be instantly alerted to your presence. It's also always a good idea to have a weapon drawn in stealth mode just in case you are detected and need to resort to a more basic tactic.

Daniel
:D :D :D ;)

Heidiho
22nd Jun 2003, 13:29
All those instructions are in the booklet.

Treeble
22nd Jun 2003, 13:48
No, they come from TRC~.com (MissLara2U's site). :D

Raider of tombs
22nd Jun 2003, 19:31
No, they come from TRC~.com (MissLara2U's site).

Correct :D
Daniel

officiallydead
23rd Jun 2003, 00:26
Thos controls sound nice, not too different than normal. I'm hopefully getting the game tomorrow and I can't wait to see what she can do! I'm so excited!:)

timnicholson
8th Feb 2004, 00:08
I just bought the game from Blockbuster (for PS2) and I guess they don't include instructions. I'm glad I found these tips here, but does anyone know where there is a PDF file of them? I have a color printer at work and would like to recreate the instruction book.