PDA

View Full Version : OK, here goes.............

dhama
22nd Jun 2003, 08:14
I like to take an interest in everything, so here am I downloading the Startopia demo to see for myself what us TRLE chaps are missing. I'll let you know how I get on.................. meanwhile back to that 80mb+ download on my trusty 56k dialup - why can't it be quicker :mad: .......

L Croft
22nd Jun 2003, 08:52
ah yup I hate my modem, I downloaded it on the school computers while I was in lessons *evil grin* and I played it at school and then I got the IT teacher to put it on a CD for me with some TR demos :D . Any way the demo is fun, I finished that and I have the full game (£3 from HMV) but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

MunkeeChum
22nd Jun 2003, 09:01
dhama, you can buy Startopia for less than the call charges you'll be paying to download the demo :)

And going out and getting it will be quicker too.

dhama
22nd Jun 2003, 10:52
Thanks L, glad i'm not the only one. :)

And my dear Munkee friend, since getting a cheap extra PC just for the TR level editor cos it won't run too well on my fast XP PC, I have to justify having two computers by using the fast one to download game demo's while working on my latest TR offering. :D

BTW, sorry to mention TRLE down here.... oops, done it again.....

L Croft
22nd Jun 2003, 12:49
ah don't worry about that they had lots of fun guessing what TRLE stood for in the sky goat thread so I wouldn't worry.

DMA57361
22nd Jun 2003, 15:18
Yeah, but someone spoiled it by actually telling us all what it meant! The nerve! :mad:

And Munkee's right. Even if you're only gonna play the game once it sells for very little in most places - so buy it anyway. ;)

dhama
22nd Jun 2003, 17:14
The fact that I pay a certain amount every month for dialup, regardless if I use it or not means it won't cost me any more to download.

Well I did download it, and i've played it, and I must say it's very interesting. It reminds me of a few games I use to play 20 years ago, but that's not a knock, cos that's when I used to play more.

I did like what I saw but I shan't continue playing it - there's only one game i'm really looking forward to No, not AOD, although I might give it a look, no, it has to be Doom III, it's all i'm interested in cos i'd like to turn my attention to level building rather than playing, and Doom III looks like a challenge I wish to aim for.

I have passed on the demo to Staticon who will more likely play it cos it's his type of game. ;)

DMA57361
22nd Jun 2003, 18:27
Does this mean that, soon, you may cause the tides of other people from other forums to invade our loverly place over here?

I think I'll go hide the cupcakes, before they arrive . . .

L Croft
22nd Jun 2003, 19:20
oo DMA could I have a cup cake before you hid them?

Overmind
22nd Jun 2003, 21:29
More StarTopia converts is good. I think I might have convinced up to four people into getting the game so far... no, five...

DMA57361
23rd Jun 2003, 14:49
They're not my cupcakes. I believe if you trace them back to the old forum they originally belong to Alpha.

I'm just hiding them so the possible new wave of Startopians don't help themselves! ;)

dhama
23rd Jun 2003, 17:09
Originally posted by DMA57361
They're not my cupcakes. I believe if you trace them back to the old forum they originally belong to Alpha.

I'm just hiding them so the possible new wave of Startopians don't help themselves! ;)

Well ain't that just darn selfish like............... :p Anyhows, AO gave me the key to the cupcake pantry, and you'll need to be a good well balanced Eidos game player to get yer mits on them. :D

L Croft
23rd Jun 2003, 19:27
oo dhama u what a good moderator you are :D *wispers* are there any chocolate ones

dhama
23rd Jun 2003, 21:26
*Whispers* Chomp, Chomp... chocolate ones? ... Chomp.......

Staticon
27th Jun 2003, 23:27
Originally posted by L Croft
ah don't worry about that they had lots of fun guessing what TRLE stood for in the sky goat thread so I wouldn't worry.
Doesn't it stand for :
'Topia Rules - Leave Everything else? :D

Exitium
28th Jun 2003, 01:03
We have converted yet another worthy one into our ranks. Excellent. . .

MunkeeChum
28th Jun 2003, 10:37
Greetings staticon.

If you are interested in playing Startopia online (assuming you have bought the game) then why not join the Startopia League?

See The Official Startopia League Thread and visit the website!

www.thestartopialeague.tk

Staticon
28th Jun 2003, 17:55
I bought the full game today. Give me a chance to learn a bit about it and I will most certainly consider a little on-line gaming. (Though bear in mind that I don't get much gaming time.) :)