PDA

View Full Version : Need help on boss in "the Hall of Seasons"!!! (spoilers)

LaraAngelOfDarkness
21st Jun 2003, 18:59
Ok Im in the hall of seasons, and I have to fight a red ghost in a tomb area with alot of book holding statues. What do I do!!!!???? I have no idea how to beat him. Please help me someone.!!!:(

Larac
21st Jun 2003, 20:08
Okay. Have you noticed that blue light that comes from the statues surrounding you? Take out your shotgun(or another weapon) and shott at Brother Obscura(the ghost) until he stops and you see him kind of sway back and forth. Take this moment and holster your weapon and immediatly run to the blue light and press action at it. If you are too slow it will move to another random statue and you'll have to try again. But if you get it, run back down the stairs you came in, and your home free. Well, almost. But the remaining of the level has nothing to do with beating anything, just swimming. And you can't really destroy Brother Obscura, only distract him for the few seconds you need to grab the blue light. Which is the Obscura painting #1, by the way. Hope this helps, and yes, it is really difficult.

LaraslostLove
21st Jun 2003, 20:10
WAIT a second, where exactly are you in the hall of the seasons. Have you already retrieved the four element crystals and put them in the portraits? HOW DO YOU GET OUT OF THERE? Im just amlesly running around diverting that undead sentinel ( ithink thats what lara called them in the diary) Please help me out of this... literally. Thanks

Larac
21st Jun 2003, 20:17
Laraslostlove, I just posted in your thread. I explained the way out to you there.

hbic3
23rd Jun 2003, 05:54
I'm in this same spot and I have been trying to do this, but I can't seem to get my shotgun holstered and grab the light before he starts at me again. I wondered if I was missing some trick or something. I'll keep trying. This is the worst that I have been frustrated so far.

and I don't know if this is just a bug or if it means something.
Sometimes the light isnt there, but as I run backwards aiming at this arse sphincter, keeping an eye on him, I'll get to a statue and the hand will appear and just a very faint glint of light, but as soon as I go to grab the thing, he comes at me again, and it freaking moves!!!!

And I'm breathing, 2, 3, 4, out, 2, 3, 4, In, 2, 3, 4...

OK. I think I'm calmed enough now.

Anyone close your eyes at night and see TombRaider?
Anyone just about to fall asleep and the solution to that puzzle comes to you so you HAVE to get out of bed and play again?
Anyone else put the box fan next to the PS2 to help keep it from overheating from prolonged usage?

Or is it just me? Who needs Crack when you've got Lara Croft?

hbic3
23rd Jun 2003, 06:06
Apparently the secret to this is:

Step away from the game long enough to cool your jets, Vent some of your frustration, then come back to it.

Pretty Sneaky, Eidos, slipping that "relax" feature into the game play. That took me awhile to figure out.

Thanks anyways LaraC.

TombRaider7913
23rd Jun 2003, 14:43
Well the other night I had been awake 30 something hours and I was playing in the Louvre Galleries and thought that the police men were black, like literally black like coal. And I shot them and I was like oh they're white.... I dunno... I halousinate (sp?) when I stay up long like that. It was pretty weird, I was playing Lara but I felt like I wasn't but I felt like I was! Haha!

Larac
23rd Jun 2003, 17:14
hbic3, so you got past it then? I haven't yet. I know HOW to do it, it's just really difficult.

hbic3
24th Jun 2003, 03:29
It is very tricky. I think it was purely accidental though.

I started to shoot him till he stopped stop, and then stopped shooting and moved closer to the light, when he started moving again, I didnt, I just shot him again till he stopped. While he was stopped, I moved closer again. I kept doing that until he was far enough away from me, and I wasn't too close to the light when he started moving again. Then when he started moving again, I just blasted him with the rest of my shotgun ammo. He stayed still just long enough that time for me to get the light a GO!

Larac
26th Jun 2003, 19:18
I've deducted that perhaps you are the luckiest person alive.

hbic3
27th Jun 2003, 05:04
You'll get it. It's NOT easy. And I'm quite sure that skill or intelligence(I'm not even sure if I spelled intelligence correctly) had nothing to do with it. Thank you for your kind words, but I'm sure I dont deserve it. I really think it was a fluke, freak, accident.

I'm sure you'll get him with more skill and strategy that I did.

Larac
27th Jun 2003, 19:49
Ha HA!!!!! Got past it!!! YYEEEAAAHHH!!! I'm now playing as Kurtis!