PDA

View Full Version : Not as bad as you might think...

syphon66
20th Jun 2003, 22:21
Please dont beleive everything you read,I have been playing this game for a few hours and honestly im impressed!!!...I have the s-video hook up and the graphics are the best i have seen in a long time very crisp and clear,With great textures also.....Yes the controls are a little wacky and thats only because they are not the same as past Tomb Raider games,But dont worry you do get used to them after a few hours of play.....As for bugs well so far after three hours of play i havent come across any,Yes there is some slowdown but its rare and does not hurt the game in any way....Some people have been saying that Lara is very slow and sluggish in this version,Well to put things to rest (NO SHE ISNT) its just that her movements are more realistic in this game, trust me no one can run sixty miles an hour lol....Like i said i have only been playing for a few hours so i cant go into to much detail right now but what i can say is "Lara is back and better than ever"!!!! And for those of you that cant play it yet please DO NOT beleive the bad hype,I can not stress that enough 90% of it is just not true....Its well worth the wait!!!

LARAMANIAC
20th Jun 2003, 22:55
syphon66, does this mean you've actually got it then dear???? ;)
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

TRaiderGurl
20th Jun 2003, 23:01
I played the first part, the little training level, and OMG the controls are killing me (PS2) I hate using the analog stick. I only played for about 20min (have to go to work) and I did experience some slow movement when I got to the top of the building, I was just running around the top, and everytime she ran through a lighted area she would run in slow motion (minor problem). The graphics are awesome. I love it!

syphon66
20th Jun 2003, 23:02
Yes i do,i picked my copy up today on my lunch break...Its hard to put down lol...

LARAMANIAC
20th Jun 2003, 23:20
OMG!!!!!!!! I hate you!!! ;) (Purely in a jealous gamer sort of way obviously!!! ;) )
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

syphon66
21st Jun 2003, 02:53
Hey lets play nice now lol