PDA

View Full Version : swan dive

trfreak5243
20th Jun 2003, 19:45
is there something im missing? walk button + forward + jump = swan dive right? lara wont swan dive for me... do i need to earn that move or build up at all to do it?

Leigh Croft
20th Jun 2003, 19:47
I think youll probably have to work towards it, it is a pretty advanced move. Can she do a handstand when pulling up onto a ledge?

Tipsko
20th Jun 2003, 19:53
want to break her neck allready? ;)

trfreak5243
20th Jun 2003, 19:57
haha yeah i can pull up doing a handstand

and ive been waiting forever to swan dive off a high place

can anyone do the swan dive yet?

Mangar The Dark
20th Jun 2003, 20:01
Originally posted by trfreak5243
haha yeah i can pull up doing a handstand

and ive been waiting forever to swan dive off a high place

Forever, eh? The game's been out less than a day!

Tipsko
20th Jun 2003, 20:56
how does she scream??? :rolleyes:

Ricer333
20th Jun 2003, 21:35
Well you have to have her in the right place... ummm. hahah
No really, you have to be high enough before the scream kicks in. She won't neccessarily scream at the height that kills her like in previous games. But in that first stage, if you're at the top, jump off and she'll give you a little moan. later

c-Mart
20th Jun 2003, 21:52
To swan dive, just use the Jump button (Circle) and R2 at the same time. You can do it on the ground to a forward flip or off a ledge.

Have fun.
c-Mart

TRaiderGurl
20th Jun 2003, 23:09
Anyone else notice that in the other games when she fell she made the cracking noise (breaking bones) and she always landed in the same position (fetal) But in this one it kinda makes a quiet thud, and she lands in different (more realistic) postitions.

Oh yeah, and she doesn't make the "im running into the wall" noise when she runs into the wall. I'm still waiting for her to say "no"

RedLegg
21st Jun 2003, 02:55
Originally posted by TRaiderGurl
Anyone else notice that in the other games when she fell she made the cracking noise (breaking bones) and she always landed in the same position (fetal) But in this one it kinda makes a quiet thud, and she lands in different (more realistic) postitions.

Oh yeah, and she doesn't make the "im running into the wall" noise when she runs into the wall. I'm still waiting for her to say "no"

Try jumping into the wall the old, Ugh is back! I've always thought that she should take a point of damage when that happens, but wiser minds prevail.

So far as I know, she doesn't say "no"

Cheers,

cornchild
21st Jun 2003, 04:08
I can't wait to get the game.

I have one question.

I know that Lara not being able to hold onto ledges and other things forever adds realism, but does the game have a story behind why she cannot do all her moves at the beginning of the game like her sprint move. A simple yes or no will work. I don't want it to be spoiled for me.

Thanks.

sspears
21st Jun 2003, 05:58
Yes. Basically she has to earn those extended abilities by doing strenuous things. There are many opportunities to improve either the upper or lower body. Lower body improves jumping/upper body hanging. Without giving too much away. ;)

TRaiderGurl
21st Jun 2003, 20:25
You know, I was trying to figure one part in the game so I jumped on the other side of this building and she slipped down between a crack that was no bigger then her. Then it shows her falling in nothing but black, and she never hits any ground. But you can spin her around while shes falling.

Mangar The Dark
21st Jun 2003, 20:45
Originally posted by RedLegg

So far as I know, she doesn't say "no"

Just wait until Kurtis starts making advances on her! hehe.