PDA

View Full Version : DX:IW on ps2

Almighty
20th Jun 2003, 07:45
I hope that they will make it for the ps2 sometime soon. I played the first on on the ps2 and i loved so did all my friends but when i found out the the second was only on xbox or pc I was kinda sad even though I do have a pc it is kinda old.

If anyone agrees please write.

(I hope i'm not the only one who thinks this)

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Jun 2003, 09:42
wow, risky subject, since some PC-fans consider consol-players are the reason for an (at this moment) hypothetic loss of quality in the game.

I don't mind it been adapted for PS2, if it doesn't delay the release date for PC (a release date? where?)

Almighty
20th Jun 2003, 10:34
Okay first of all i did not intend this to become a flame war i just want the game to come out on ps2 because my computer is probaly too slow to run it and i don't want to buy an xbox.

sean74
20th Jun 2003, 14:14
i'm all for a ps2 port.. after they get done with the PC version :)

though.. if that takes time away from them making a 3rd Deus Ex I'd prefer they didn't do it :)

Leo
20th Jun 2003, 15:18
3rd Deus Ex

have u got any ideas? maybe JC could be the main character again.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
20th Jun 2003, 15:24
Oh yes, and it would be called "Deus Ex in a wheelchair" !!

Cerpin Taxt
20th Jun 2003, 18:48
word on the street is they are doing a DX PS2 game... but it won't be IW. Who knows how this'll pan out. :o

TheDerf
20th Jun 2003, 22:05
You mean kinda like how there's gonna be a MGS3: Snake Eaters for PS2 and a MGS: Twin Snakes for Game Cube where MGS3 is a continuation of the series and Twin Snakes is kind of a side story?

I don't wanna be playing a side story for Deus Ex. "Oh yeah, play the role of Harvey Filben as he scrounges in trash for a meal and distributes a variety of information to any and all sides for the right price."

NoNicknameForMe
20th Jun 2003, 23:07
Considering you need pixel shaders and the such, if it DID go to PS2 it would require a total rewrite... they could do it, it'd just look a bit nasty me thinks.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
21st Jun 2003, 10:02
PS2 uses very obsolete technology that would require much effort to port it from it current (excellent) incarnation into a blurry, low resolution compromise that would be it on PS2.

Almighty
21st Jun 2003, 19:15
your probally right guess i'll just save my money and upgrade

Loakers
26th Jun 2003, 13:14
deus ex 2 wont be going to ps2. im not annoyed tho, i got a great pc and the fact the eidos basically announced that ps2 was getting its own exclusive deus ex game based in between dx1 and dx2, and they said 'its going to be very special indeed'

the whole article can be found on ps2.ign somewere

shortyx777
18th Jul 2003, 02:49
I read in PSM that there might be some form of a Deus Ex game coming out for the PS2. Does anyone know anything about this?

Random
18th Jul 2003, 04:40
Originally posted by shortyx777
I read in PSM that there might be some form of a Deus Ex game coming out for the PS2. Does anyone know anything about this?

Maybe read the post immediately above yours. :)