PDA

View Full Version : Bosses in Defiance...

Valzara
20th Jun 2003, 02:46
As we know (except Bo1) All the bosses in LOK games have some relationship with the actor. Like : SR1 and SR2, those bosses are brothers to Raziel but came to hurt Raziel for their own self-benefit. And so in BO2, those bosses in the game was allign with Kain before but finnally betray Kain.

So, any Idea about bosses in Defiance? According to the trailer I saw a big fela with wings,which looks though, is that one of the boss?

anyway, I still expact to Turel in vampire form.:p

punkst4r
20th Jun 2003, 03:27
Do you think that the deformed moster with the spikes comin out of his body might be a boss,possesed, or just one of his kind.:confused:

Sarah
20th Jun 2003, 03:31
I'm going for the "mutated inhabitant of Dark Eden" vote on el spike-y guy.

punkst4r
20th Jun 2003, 03:45
I guess that is a big possibility.

Matt from Spam Buddies
20th Jun 2003, 08:46
Euh...

The only boss that most probably will be a boss, is Turel.

As for the "winged fellow" they are the Statue Guardians. They are stone statues of the ancient blue winged beings. They all carry a stone replica of the Reaver. The Reavers are merely replicas, nothing magical about them. They awaken from their slumber and attack Raziel (maybe even Kain, too). It is speculated that they may awake when Raziel is too close to them. But there's also a possibility that they come to life when Raziel has completed a puzzle of some sort (or maybe has triggered a trap).

Anyway, the above-mentioned information was presented by that fellow who attended E3 2003 in person, so I'm pretty sure that's solid information.

But the Statue Guardians are not bosses, merely stronger than Your average adversaries.

Thay spiky fellow also doesn't seem to be a boss. I mean, the Black Demon from TLOKS-SR2 looked more scary than this fellow. ;)

Oh, if You didn't mean the statues by Your "winged fellow" phrase, then You might have meant Janos. He can be seen in the trailer and I'm pretty sure it's him. He walks elegantly, has a long white robe on him, stops politely when Raziel notices him... So basicly, that fellow is too polite to be an adversary. :D

- Matthew

Valzara
20th Jun 2003, 14:34
Hm... the 'statue' monster can actually be a boss fight too. Don't forget that boss fight doesn't mean 1 fight 1. Perhaps it's 4 to 8 powerful statue monster in a hall and to be a boss fight to Raziel... (just an idea:D ).

fneh
20th Jun 2003, 16:52
I'd like that too. It'd be cool if after you smashed one to bits it pulled itself back together until you discovered how to kill them (perhaps using the earth reaver?)

(EDIT)

Imagine if raziel was fighting them and they threw him into the earth shrine and imprisoned him there by the entrance caving in or something. Then, after obtaining the earth reaver he can actually do lasting damage to them.....

Or maybe he'll just use the earth reaver....

Either way I'm pretty sure they're just normal monsters and not a pack of bosses. I'd like to be able to kill them more effectively using the air and earth reavers though (and less damage when using light and fire)

What trailer is janos in? I've not seen janos in any trailer. I have the trailer that has that music everyone was talking about and one from ign showing a little gameplay...

Reaver of Souls
20th Jun 2003, 18:56
I think there could be bosses whenever the Reaver will be majorly upgraded, that would make sense.

PS: Matt, what is TLOKS-SR2, I was thinking the legacy of kain soul reaver 2, but there is that extra 's' in there that confuses me...

Vampmaster
20th Jun 2003, 18:59
One boss (Magnus) from BO2 was still on Kains side but had gone mad in the prison. I liked the SR1 bosses because they actually looked powerfull. They were huge and couldn't be harmed by normal means. It was fun just to figure out how to harm them. It took me days to figure out how to kill Melchiah and then when I found out how simple it was I was like "Duh, that should have been easy". I mean when you know your character will win eventually just by pressing the button enough times, it's not as satisfying. The BO2 bosses were OK, but they didn't look very threatening.

Azazel
20th Jun 2003, 20:17
Originally posted by Reaver of Souls
PS: Matt, what is TLOKS-SR2, I was thinking the legacy of kain soul reaver 2, but there is that extra 's' in there that confuses me...
It is series.

Reaver of Souls
21st Jun 2003, 02:09
Ooooh ok, thanks Azazel, that makes sense now. :)

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jun 2003, 05:07
Originally posted by Valzara
Hm... the 'statue' monster can actually be a boss fight too. Don't forget that boss fight doesn't mean 1 fight 1. Perhaps it's 4 to 8 powerful statue monster in a hall and to be a boss fight to Raziel... (just an idea:D ).

Well, yes. True.

I also like the ideas of fneh.

And yes, being such a stupid perfectionist, I always like to write the whole official name.

BO-LOK
LOK-SR
TLOKS-SR2
TLOKS-BO2
LOK-D

Yeah, annoying for me and annoying for You, but I can't help it. :p

- Matthew

Azazel
21st Jun 2003, 09:01
It would make sense if Defiance' name would change to Legacy of Kain series - Defiance.

Valzara
21st Jun 2003, 09:29
Originally posted by Vampmaster
I liked the SR1 bosses because they actually looked powerfull. They were huge and couldn't be harmed by normal means. It was fun just to figure out how to harm them. It took me days to figure out how to kill Melchiah and then when I fould out how simple it was I was like "Duh, that should have been easy". I mean when you know your character will win eventually just by pressing the button enough times, it's not as satisfying.

I completely agree with you, Vampmaster, this is exactly what I thought. This is why I love SR1 somuch. However, Rahab still own me when I replay the game, he always shot me down to the water... :D

For Matt : Then will come out with Defiance2... :p

Vampmaster
21st Jun 2003, 15:59
Yeah, I always fall at least once when fighting Rahab.

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jun 2003, 17:12
I like LOK-D's name just the way it is.

It shouldn't be The Legacy of Kain Series - Defiance (TLOKS-D) or Legacy of Kain Series - Defiance (LOKS-D), I like the way it is now. Nice and simple.

And I also love the new logo. Not very traditional, but it shows the strength and brutality of the game with its sharp edges and bloody red colour. Nicely done. :)
That was the "Legacy of Kain" font, and I also like the "Defiance" font in the logo. It kind of shows the ordeal Kain and Raziel will have to face.

Oh, okay, back to the real thing.

Yeah, I agree with Vampmaster totally. It would be so wicked if LOK-D will have the same kind of boss-fights as LOK-SR. You could really feel how puny You were compared to the brothers and how You had to out-wit them to prevail. ;)
I think my favourite was Dumah. He was very shy. :D

- Matthew

fneh
21st Jun 2003, 17:36
Dumah was also my fav boss. He really made you feel small and puny.

I hope there's a mix of bosses though. I want some that have a ton of monsters like the stone things. Some that are HUGE, and others that are like BO2s.

Variation is the key!

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jun 2003, 17:59
Exactly.

A few TLOKS-BO2 boss-fights could also be added. :)

My favourite TLOKS-BO2 boss-battle was... I think maybe... Magnus. Yeah, Magnus. It was so cool to lure him into the scythes. :D

But that wasn't too physical. The most physical were maybe Faustus or Sebastian. Physical boss-fights could be in LOK-D, too. :)

- Matthew

Vampmaster
21st Jun 2003, 21:23
I agree with fneh. There should be some of each type. It would be cool if there's secret bosses. They could be the ones that you defeat by regular fighting. They'd only be the most minor of players in the grand scheme, but as reward for beating them you get an extra snippet of story and a power up.

EDIT: You know how you can talk to Dumah in spectral before you've actually pulled the stakes out. Well what if there was a prize for stuff like that.

Valzara
22nd Jun 2003, 09:04
This is what I think :

SR1 : Boss fight are actually one puzzle, you can only kill those boss by solving the puzzle.

SR2 : Boss fight are nothing but just for fun, no puzzle, just fight, and you're invulnerable.

BO2 : Boss fight are combination from the previos 2 games, puzzle and combat. You have to solve the puzzle, and fight with the boss.;)

kain to raziel
27th Jun 2003, 06:48
Make Irmok the Mad a boss!:p j/k but seriously he should be at least revisited !

Valzara
27th Jun 2003, 09:54
Originally posted by kain to raziel
Make Irmok the Mad a boss!:p j/k but seriously he should be at least revisited !

Who's that?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Umah Bloodomen
27th Jun 2003, 19:47
Irmok was the scraggly individual Kain met in Steinchencroe during the events of BO1. He expressed his knowledge of who/what Kain was and tipped him off to the ability of disguise/beguile.

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 04:14
I wonder if one of the boss fights takes place in a town where you see humans running for their lives.

Valzara
16th Jul 2003, 14:36
Yes it will be cool. Just imagine you will be able to grap those human as your power-up and avoid them to be the power-up to the boss, I'e the boss can eat the human as his power-up too. Or try to step behind those human to avoid boss' attack. (wow, poor human in LOK series...)

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 21:03
It would be cool if instead of transforming into a wolf you can transfom into a much more powerful vampire sort of like in DMC and toss the humans at the bosses.I don't want the game to be like DMC but for some reason I think it would look cool just to see it....and it's not a suggestion for the game because I know it's dumb but I would just like to see a drawing or something.

someguysteve
17th Jul 2003, 00:06
i'll bet with the telekinetic powers that there will be a boss or two where you have to through stuff at.

anyway about the bosses themselves, well Moeby will probably be a target for Raziel or Kain so maybe he'll bring monster through time like in BO1, maybe he turned back the clock on some Ancient remains leading to the pic of Janos.

I'd like to see something, anything with the squid. i think it'd be cool if Raziel took a few swings at squiddy, even if he gets thrashed i still think he should try.

Maybe Vorador, not quite knowing what to do about a blue demon, takes on Raziel for a few rounds. he doesn't seem too surprised by Raziel in SR2 so maybe he met him before.

The moving statues that gave Raziel new reaver enhancements, i always thought (hoped) i'd have to fight one, maybe one will have to be destroyed before the forge can be reached.

punkst4r
17th Jul 2003, 21:13
I agree with you because I also liked the way the boss fights where all about moves and testing how good you are at fighting and fighting Nelo was also one of my favorite bosses.....LOK boss fights aren't bad either but I think that is also gonna change a bit in defiance.