PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Defiance!

son of Turel
19th Jun 2003, 14:35
There is a Poll at the PSM site that asks you to vote for the game you are looking most towards! PLease all vote for Legacy of Kain: Defiance so that they can see LOK is populair!:D \

go to http:www.psmonline.com

Matt from Spam Buddies
19th Jun 2003, 14:51
Locked and loaded! Come get sum!

Our community must crush puny girly games.

LOK-D is a hunk o' muscle. We must prevail!

:D

- Matthew

Lady Kreliana
19th Jun 2003, 16:04
Got my vote!

Evelin The Winged
19th Jun 2003, 16:36
We're only at 5%?! GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Vampmaster
19th Jun 2003, 17:44
Make that 6% We're now tying at 4th place.

son of Turel
19th Jun 2003, 18:07
Yep, and i think that we could be at at least 13% if this whole forum here votes, so Come On People for the Honour of Moebius..oh, perhaps not the best person.....FOr the Honour of old Raz!:D Vote Vote Vote!

Matt from Spam Buddies
19th Jun 2003, 18:12
We must crush the puny girly MGS and FF.

Crush I tell Yee. :D

I'll lure my friends to vote. Mwuh-hah-haah!

- Matthew

son of Turel
19th Jun 2003, 19:11
Ofcourse we do, Were Legacy of Kain, and where the best (how original)

dangerizer
19th Jun 2003, 20:44
well it's currently #2 I voted and put it up to 7%. In all honesty MGS3 which is the leader is going to be killer I watched the trailor for it the full 10+ minute one and it left my jaw hanging. It is going to be 100x better than MGS2 seriously.

What I don't agree with is the FFX-2. FFX sucked *** and was one of the lamest stories of them all. I can't believe they made a sequal from that and put the FF7 remake on hold. They could have had a real winner in the sequal to FF7 but definately not with FFX-2.

The FF online thing though after looking at their site looks very interesting. parties of like 18 people....it'd be a shame to attack another party member who you didn't like hehehe. i guess some enemies are so powerful it takes 18 GUYS TO KILL THEM!

Anyway the only 2 games I am waiting for is Defiance and MGS3 cause they are going to blow everything else away.

Has anyone played that new Sony online game planetside? That is like Quake online with thousands of real players and with tanks and planes. It's insane! I jammed on that at a friends house last night and it was nothing short of awesome.

chris026058
19th Jun 2003, 21:19
Voted.(Can you guess which game?:D)

Zephonim
19th Jun 2003, 22:37
Got my vote

Gah!those mortal fools with their minds filled with commerce and dung there voting for metal gear 3 and final fantasy x-2 the foolish creatures!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Lady Kreliana
19th Jun 2003, 23:59
It's up to 9%! Game's not doing bad. I don't think it'll beat MGS3, but I think it'll definitely make top 10.

garbagefanuk
20th Jun 2003, 00:22
All 3 of them are great series so i'm not to bothered. as long as one of my fav series gets up there i can sleep soundly lol ;)

Valzara
20th Jun 2003, 02:57
NOw we're in 3rd place...

punkst4r
20th Jun 2003, 03:19
I knew it wouldn't work but I still tried voting twice.Oh well.:p

Matt from Spam Buddies
20th Jun 2003, 08:37
Originally posted by punkst4r
I knew it wouldn't work but I still tried voting twice.Oh well.:p

Tut, tut...

Anyway, we're still standing strong on our 3rd place with a magnificent 11%.

Now I can sleep soundly. :)

- Matthew

Evelin The Winged
20th Jun 2003, 12:37
I'm going to the NR Forums with this! WE'LL HAVE MORE, MOR I TELL YOU!!

...If, that is, they didn't find out about it first...

EDIT:
Ok, I posted it there...let's wait and see...

Fifer
20th Jun 2003, 12:56
If you have a dynamic IP (ie you use dial-up and are assigned a different IP address every time you log into your ISP) and clear your Cache and Cookies, you can vote more than once. I voted yesterday, and voted again this morning.

It's not cheating...it's just ingenuity. ;)

son of Turel
20th Jun 2003, 14:32
Actually Evelin, i got this from the Nosgothic Realm and thought it would increase (which it did) by posting it here:p

fneh
20th Jun 2003, 16:43
Defiance is in 3rd place now at 12%. FFX-2 is at 14% and MGS is at 14%

I don't really see it as a contest honestly. defiance look better than all the games (I've heard of) that were listed. FFX2 doesn't look that good (and I'm one of the guys that love FFX to bits). MGS2 put me off MGS all together. I'll buy the gamecube remake of the first one (which was one of the best games ever made) but MGS3 doesn't appeal at all to me.

FF online looks kick ass. I can't afford all this online gaming to play it though so I won't be getting it unless student loans increase dramatically or something.

Saitou
20th Jun 2003, 22:43
LOK-D is now at 13% with 196 votes, currently still good for third, FF X-2 has 201, and MGS-Snake Eater has 212 with 14%. LOK so needs to be first here, I like the MGS games but they dont belong with LOK and dont get me started on FF, forgive me but I really dont think its that great of a series anymore.

Zephonim
21st Jun 2003, 00:20
im gonna be sneaky and email all my msn buddies and get them to vote i sugest everyone copy;) ;)
regards zephy

cycko
21st Jun 2003, 04:14
I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that as I look at the results right now, LOK and MGS are tied at first with 220 votes each now that I've placed my vote.

son of Turel
21st Jun 2003, 07:19
YAY! We made it ! where at 15% while MGS:SE and FFX-2 are at 14 and 13! (correct order)
That makes Defiance the most populair game on psmonline.com!
I hope that Eidos and CD will see this!
:D

Valzara
21st Jun 2003, 09:42
We're in first place now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Vampmaster
21st Jun 2003, 11:11
Let's keep it that way. Everybody vote for Defiance!

Zephonim
21st Jun 2003, 11:13
haha at least 10 of my buddies voted last night and i still got another 30 or so to get a hold of wayhay looks like wee are gonna win it

Dya think we will get a defiance demo sooner this way?

cos if we dont :mad:

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jun 2003, 14:25
Wohoo!

We're first! I just found out! Yeehaaw! :D

- Matthew

Lady Kreliana
22nd Jun 2003, 01:01
W00T! We're in first! Lets keep it up everyone.

Dylan
22nd Jun 2003, 10:08
I'm quite looking forward to Prince of Persia - Sands of Time, and the new Turtles game.

But of course I voted for Defiance.

Still going strong there, people!

fneh
22nd Jun 2003, 10:14
I thought that turtles game looks pretty terrible actually...

Matt from Spam Buddies
22nd Jun 2003, 10:28
New Turtles game... ?

Hmm... Let me think? Cell-graphics? ;) :p

Okay-okay, just a joke. Can anyone give me more information on this one? :)

- Matthew

Apocrypha Roxy
22nd Jun 2003, 18:42
Originally posted by Dylan
I'm quite looking forward to Prince of Persia - Sands of Time, and the new Turtles game.

But of course I voted for Defiance.

Still going strong there, people!

PRINCE OF PERSIA! I thought I was the only one here who was waiting to get their grubby paws on the game!

I have the one from '99. I like it. Alot. My first introduction to gaming. I know the levels inside and out.

(Man you have to see the trailer to Sands of Time... whoah... just, whoah...)

I voted for Defiance, of course.
I didn't know Sands of Time was on the list, too. Is it? I didn't bother to look...

C'mon, c'mon we can win! We can win! Woohoo! -crosses fingers-

punkst4r
22nd Jun 2003, 18:54
Hey all of you!! I don't know if you guys have thought of it yet but I voted twice because I have windows XP,and you can have several user names.;)

scotfried
23rd Jun 2003, 18:43
I'm impressed...What a community we've got here! :D :cool:

son of Turel
23rd Jun 2003, 19:15
Cool! Really, i didn't know there where any Prince of Persia lovers here:D PoP1 was the first videogame i EVER played and i have completed 1 and PoP 2 (the hardest) I bought Prince of Persia: 3D the first week it was out with my dad (who also loved the games, though it where the only one:p ) for the full price back then. I'm really disapointed Sands of Time doesnt comes to the PC, cuz admit it, it belongs on the PC, all the games have been on PC. Also i'm afraid that SoT (Son of Turel=S.O.T Sands of Time= S.O.T:D :D lol) doesn't has that old Prince of Persia feeling which i think PoP 3d really had.

Apocrypha Roxy
24th Jun 2003, 04:49
You're right, PoP 3D had the real ambient, original feel of its predecessors (can't spell...) that SoT seems not to have.

Where's the Princess? The story looks good, but they changed alot. Don't worry, though, Jordan Mechner is still working on it, so we have the Man himself working on his brainchild of yesteryear...

I got the game when it first came out, too. I saved the box - it was/is just that beautiful. I have it on a shelf - looking right at it, in fact...

So pretty... I love that game...

xarax
24th Jun 2003, 05:00
Get out the vote!

Johnny_anoniem
24th Jun 2003, 06:30
Hey LoK fans like me :D. I voted from my work, my school and my home! If we'll win this would really bring some attention to the game and that would be great! ;)

DarkWraith
24th Jun 2003, 10:43
I voted and we still have 15 percent and are still in the lead. I have to say that the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse did peak my interest because it looked dam cool. Did anyone see it at E3?
DW

Matt from Spam Buddies
24th Jun 2003, 15:52
I did see it... Kind of interesting... But no horror games for this guy no more, nuh-uh.

Yes, we are in the lead, but MGS3-SE is catching up fast! :eek:

We must take action!!!

- Matthew

Stukedogg
24th Jun 2003, 18:46
I just voted, we're still in first, and It's gotta be coming down to time to put in the next issue. Everybody loves this game.

Matt from Spam Buddies
24th Jun 2003, 18:58
Eek! But MGS3-SE is just 30 votes behind us! :eek:

We are on the first spot, but we might lose it. :(

- Matthew

Wise Man Domingo
25th Jun 2003, 16:54
Ha! Glad to see LoKD is beating out FFX2! Not that I'm not going for that game as well (I'm an FF fan) but I voted Defiance anyway!

375 votes and goin' strong! (That's what I got when I tried to figure out how many people voted Defiance. I used a calculator)

Matt from Spam Buddies
25th Jun 2003, 17:06
Going strong? Nuh-uh. Only 19 votes separate us from MGS3-SE! :eek:

- Matthew

Fifer
25th Jun 2003, 17:12
Originally posted by Wise Man Domingo
375 votes and goin' strong! (That's what I got when I tried to figure out how many people voted Defiance. I used a calculator)

It lists the number of votes in parentheses at the end of each game title.

Curently: Legacy of Kain: Defiance (351) at 15%

Wise Man Domingo
25th Jun 2003, 17:31
Oops. Didn't see that. Well, er... I meant to do that! Yeah, uh...

WMD's Shoulder Angel: Who do you think you're kidding?

WMD's Shoulder Devil: I'm an ingnorant b*****d and even I'm not impressed.

...shut up! You're gonna blow my cover! (grabs the two shoulder-people and drops them in a paper shredder)

[Edit]

(holding a microphone) Annnnnnnd... it's a neck-and-neck race for the finish! The Solid Snakers are putting up a good fight, but the Nosgoth Knockouts are still ahead by 20 votes! In third, we have the long-awaited ONLY direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game, and all the other stragglers are just tied in the places no one cares about.

Top Three Rankings Thus Far:

1st Place- Legacy of Kain: Defiance (351) 15%
2nd Place- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eaters (331) 14%
3rd Place- Final Fantasy X-2 (283) 12%

son of Turel
25th Jun 2003, 18:14
Cool, that means we've let the Final Fantasy series far behind us, and thats a prestige alone! should Metal Gear make up with us, that wouldn't be any shame, the MG series is more well known and populair than out great Legacy of Kain. Anyway, we must keep it up, i'll inform a few mates to vote

Wise Man Domingo
26th Jun 2003, 02:04
(holding microphone) Ladies and gentlemen, this just in! The Solid Snakers are fast catching up to the Nosgoth Knockouts! Both tied at 14%, the only clear difference is the small margin between their vote totals:

Defiance: 360
Snake Eaters: 345

We're ahead by a meager 15 votes... let's pull ahead! GO FOR THE GOLD!!!

:p

(edit)

Prestige alone is not what we Nosgoth Knockouts are after! We want to prove that LoK is the BEST. DARN. SERIES. EVER!!!! FIRST PLACE!!! That's what we're after!!!!!!!!

(pants) Gotta slow down. Heat of the moment always gets me going. :D

vampire of balance
26th Jun 2003, 06:39
Strong community huh :) I thought my favourite series are not so popular. Keep it goin this fa..

Evelin The Winged
26th Jun 2003, 10:39
We need more people! I was gonna let my brother vote, but he hase 9 tests to study for and he'd probably pick Snake Eater behind my back...:eek:

Matt from Spam Buddies
26th Jun 2003, 14:42
Zoinks!

MGS3-SE is coming closer by the minute! :eek:

I'll try to take action! You too, folks!

- Matthew

Zephonim
26th Jun 2003, 16:14
thats it im gonna hand out leaflets in the town centre telling them to vote for defiance (obviously) and there will be a £0.20 coupon for the game when it is released,thats not a bad incentive,dont u think???

Oh yes if you are at university/college or know someone who is get the use of all those online pcs

Threnodi
26th Jun 2003, 17:03
Just voted! Still first, yay! I was surprised they didn't have thief III on their list, that's the other big look-forward to game for me.

Matt from Spam Buddies
26th Jun 2003, 17:29
From that list I only take on game seriously. And it's LOK-D. ;)

But over-all I'm looking quite forward to:

Deus Ex 2 - Invisible War
Thief III
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater
WarCraft III - The Frozen Throne
World of WarCraft
StarCraft - Ghost
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI

But those games are merely on my mental list just in case a giant Jackpot falls from the sky into my lap.

But one game is for sure... Legacy of Kain - Defiance. ;)
Must-have. I'm still collecting money for it. I believe I have enough now. :)

- Matthew

punkst4r
27th Jun 2003, 04:18
Come on people who ever has windows XP make a new ID and keep erasing them and voting again and again. Watch i'm gonna take the LOKD team all the way to the top.:cool: :p :D

Matt from Spam Buddies
27th Jun 2003, 05:51
EEK! :eek:

Better get into action immediately because Old Snakey is at the treshold!

-takes a stick and tries to poke Snake away-

- Matthew

Apocrypha Roxy
27th Jun 2003, 18:01
Roxy's wish list:

Defiance :D
Thief III :)
Sands of Time :)

And that's it. Unless they make an Anita Blake game, which I need to do the voiceover for... I need to be Anita... Must... Be... Anita...

:cool:

KoolKat_EF
27th Jun 2003, 18:15
Hey, I just voted.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance is in the lead at 15%.

Woohoo! Iit was inevitable that we would prevail. :p

Matt from Spam Buddies
27th Jun 2003, 19:49
EEK! :eek:

If MGS3-SE gets 3 more votes, we're dooomed! :p

- Matthew

Fifer
28th Jun 2003, 02:50
As of now, we've been overtaken by MGS3: SE by 6 votes.

Matt from Spam Buddies
28th Jun 2003, 07:56
Phew. We're almost back on track.

At the moment LOK-D has 1 vote more than MGS3-SE.

Come on! Come on, people! Get voting for Defiance! :D

- Matthew

Blade2642
28th Jun 2003, 08:26
If you ppl don't get you buttocks together and starts to vote for Defiance Im gonna.... well I can't do much, but I'l glare at each and every one of you in an evil manner!!
START VOTING!!!

Valzara
28th Jun 2003, 09:05
You know, I use every computer in my college's computer lab to vote.:p

Zephonim
28th Jun 2003, 17:55
godamm it there ahead those snake lovers shall know my wrath if they win!!!:mad:

Matt from Spam Buddies
28th Jun 2003, 18:40
We can't lose now.

When will the next magazine come out? We should try to hold on till they close the polls and print the results.

There will be a Top 10, so LOK-D would be in for sure, but it's so much funner to see it on the glorious #1 place. ;)

Let's try to find more voters for Defiance.

Just today showed the LOK games to a friend who had never seen them before. It seemed that he fell in love with them on first sight. :p

- Matthew

son of Turel
29th Jun 2003, 14:17
Nice work Matt, Btw, were in first place once again with a difference of 18 votes! Legacy of Kain Victor!

jesta
29th Jun 2003, 15:12
Just got my vote its still winning:D :D :D :D :cool:

Johnny_anoniem
30th Jun 2003, 16:25
Come on people! We need more votes! MGS: Snake Eater is winning at the moment :(.. go call all your friends to vote from their pc's :D

vampire of balance
30th Jun 2003, 18:19
I'am just assaulting that freaky poll. Defiance will get about 20 votes now and we'll win :)

Wise Man Domingo
1st Jul 2003, 23:26
Ladies and gentleman, here is the latest: the Snakes are behind and DEFIANCE IS THE GREATEST!

For the time being, anywho. :p

Keep voting!!!

punkst4r
2nd Jul 2003, 03:57
we are losing by 7 votes!

NightChyld
2nd Jul 2003, 04:13
You know what, I'm gunning for LOK: D to win, but it would be much more satisfing to know we won based on how many people voted for the game, not how many times YOU voted by using different screen names or every computer in a lab. The point of a poll is to indicate ration and percentage. The numbers aren't very accurate unless you vote ONLY ONCE! I'm not a cheater, and I'd hate to have our game #1 simply because a handful of people decided to go on a voting rampage. But hey, do what you want.

By the way, from just observing the forum, I know that some people may get a little touchy. Know now I've NOT insulted anyone or atleast don't feel I have, and when I say "I'm not a cheater," I'm talking about ONLY myself and not trying to indicate anyone on this forum as a cheater/scammer/etc. Regardless, I'm probably gonna get flamed. :)

punkst4r
2nd Jul 2003, 04:19
Wether you think it's right or not the people that are doing that are the ones who are really gonna get us to the top.;)

Fifer
2nd Jul 2003, 14:51
NightChyld, here's how I look at it:

I don't consider this a contest of which is the best game. I may vote several times, but I'm doing it to make sure that the game gets a lot of attention. I don't know all that much about the sales figures of the last two LoK games, but I'm betting they were only average, despite how we feel about the games.

If enough attention is given to Defiance , then that might raise sales of the game. A big increase in sales for a LoK game will show Crystal Dynamics and Eidos that there's a much bigger audience for the game aside from the hardcore fans here. And the increase in revenue will enable Cryastal to put even more time and money into the next LoK games and the technology to continually improve them.

That's the way I see it, anyhow.

Matt from Spam Buddies
2nd Jul 2003, 15:38
I second Fifer in every aspect.

The LOK games are truly magnificent and personally they are my most favourite games in my history of gaming.

Besides that they are GOOD games. But many people simply don't know that, because they are not introduced to the series.

This is what we are trying to do right now. I am wearing many sigs in different forums showing links to Defiance-related sites. I also took the time to invite a few friends over and show the games to them. They were very impressed and now ask me all the time about LOK, although they were mainly FPS players.

And who says that the fans of MGS3-SE voted each only one time? ;)

- Matthew

Dark God Francisco
2nd Jul 2003, 18:57
I voted for defiance days ago and your right the LOK series are some of the best games I have played.

The story can go toe to toe with xenogears/saga and the metal Gear series.

Zephonim
2nd Jul 2003, 19:59
god@mm it were second again
but hey it doesnt really matter now its the top 10 games voted for remember (although it should be number 1),so we will still get coverage(and wishing hard even a demo playable or not)

Please please please Crystal D. Put a demo on the magazine for we!:D :D

§ycavier
7th Jul 2003, 16:58
Last I checked LOK D was tied with MGS 3 for 1st at 16%. we need more votes! :D

Raziel'sRevenge
7th Jul 2003, 18:40
Well you got my vote! I can't wait for it to come out!!!

Wise Man Domingo
10th Jul 2003, 19:46
We're behind! :(

Legacy of Kain: Defiance (933) 15%
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (980) 16%

Fifer
10th Jul 2003, 21:38
At least we'll have hopefully raised awareness of the game and got some people interested enough to give it a try who otherwise wouldn't have given it more than a passing glance in the "Previews" section.

punkst4r
13th Jul 2003, 22:07
We are way behind!! by 119

LOKD=1002

MGS3=1121