PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final Fantasy Song or Soundtrack?

Silvercube
9th Jun 2012, 07:13
Which Final Fantasy OST is your favorite?

Mine is either VII or VIII.. if I had to pick only one, I guess VIII. : )

There's a list of the songs in the game here (scroll down):
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Theatrhythm_... (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Theatrhythm_Final_Fantasy)

Very excited for the game's release!

member_10159804
9th Jun 2012, 08:01
Mine is the FF VI soundtrack

RatchetGuyClanks
9th Jun 2012, 09:37
XIII all the way!

-RGC

tiaeltaru
9th Jun 2012, 09:45
Final Fantasy XI, mainly Mizuta and Tanioka's tracks, though Uematsu had some good ones. (Distant Worlds, Memoria de la Stona, etc.)

member_10000903
9th Jun 2012, 10:16
Final Fantasy VII definitely had the best soundtrack for me. IX and VI had some great tunes, but as an overall package, I thought everything about FFVII's tracks were amazing. I think "Anxious Heart" is the best of the lot.

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 10:36
FFVI - Terra's Theme

FFVII - Red XIII's Theme (Nanaki)

FFVIII - Man With the Machine Gun

FFIX - Hunter's Chance

FFX - A Dream That Will End Sometime (The name of this song keeps changing so I can't really pinpoint it's actual title)

FFX-2 - Aeon Battle Theme

FFXI - Battle Theme

FFXII - To The Place of Gods

FFXIII - Dust to Dust

FFXIII-2 - Colliding Worlds

member_10766858
9th Jun 2012, 14:30
Cosmo Canyon theme -FFVII

Hunters Chance - FFIX

Vamo Alla ' Fleminco - FFIX

Dark Messenger

otherworld -FFX

there others but that is all i can think of right now.

member_10822883
9th Jun 2012, 14:53
I think VI holds up the best given its production, besides XIII, which I thought was truly excellent. I'm not a big fan of VII's OST because its production is so below what Uematsu could have worked with, but I'll credit that to the difficulties of working with a new platform. The compositions were still solid.

Favorites from each?

FFI - Sunken Shrine
FFII - Pandaemonium
FFIII - The Boundless Ocean
FFIV - The Lunarians
FFV - Prelude to the Void
FFVI - Forever Rachel
FFVII - Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY VII
FFVIII - The Successor
FFIX - Behind the Door
FFX - Via Purico
FFX-2 - Seal of the Wind (The Three Trails)
FFXI - Xarcabard
FFXII - Symphonic Poem "Hope"
FFXIII - The Archylte Steppe
FFXIII-2 - Serah's Theme (Memories)

member_10718204
10th Jun 2012, 23:15
I have to agree and say VI easily has the best overall production..but i have to say FFX and VIII have my favoritse soundtracks.

Squall-Nathan
14th Jun 2012, 12:47
I loved the Final Fantasy X Piano Collections.

DEMONANEUDY666
15th Jun 2012, 08:25
Red wings theme, baron theme, terra theme, etc.

member_10523116
16th Jun 2012, 08:22
Final Fantasy VI. So many stand out tracks for me.

Awakening
Terra
Relm
Forever Rachel
Devil's Lab
Aria De Mezzo Carattere...

The list goes on. There hasn't really been a soundtrack I haven't liked though. I wish they would reprint some physical soundtracks. I'd buy every one of 'em.

Squall-Nathan
29th Jun 2012, 16:28
This medley combines the awesomeness of each soundtrack into one epic song. (Well atleast FFI-X)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCWsuAIAtew (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCWsuAIAtew)

Imagine if that was a playable track in Theatrhythm....

member_10749021
3rd Jul 2012, 15:21
My favourite as a whole is Final Fantasy IX, mostly 'cause it was also my first game.

Individually my all-time favourite song is You're Not Alone followed very closely by The Man with the Machine Gun. Hearing both at Distant Worlds this past March was incredible.

LordRoto
3rd Jul 2012, 17:26
Are we gonna get any as DLC? :O It has some of the best songs in the series. XD I hope we get a few

FugitiveGunslinger
3rd Jul 2012, 17:55
I don't think the DLC for Theatrhythm is working today. I tried to log on and I kept getting a "connection interrupted" message.

Popcicle
3rd Jul 2012, 18:41
We're aware of an issue on the system that's preventing users from accessing the extra track content, but a solution is being implemented and we hope to have this resolved later tonight! Thanks for your patience!

FugitiveGunslinger
3rd Jul 2012, 18:51
Thanks Robert. Patiently looking forward to the DLC songs, no worries! :)

member_10714544
3rd Jul 2012, 21:01
We're aware of an issue on the system that's preventing users from accessing the extra track content, but a solution is being implemented and we hope to have this resolved later tonight! Thanks for your patience!

awesome! loving the game so far

Ice
3rd Jul 2012, 21:15
Probably VIII, but VII does have my favorite track in the series (world map theme).

dogbert784
3rd Jul 2012, 22:05
Definite favorites have to be Final Fantasy XIII-2:

"Serah's Theme (Memories)" and the Ending Credits music

The whole FFXIII-2 soundtrack just blows me away though.

iambasho777
4th Jul 2012, 17:18
What's your favorite? Least favorite? Were some too easy? Some too hard?

Right now I'm about to finish all of my serieses on Expert, and I've found most of the EMS stages a bit too easy. The only song I've had a really hard time with (so far) on Expert is the Battle with Seymor. That was my first time I got a C while still passing a song, and it took me eight more tries to get an A (without Stoic)! My favorite is Battle at the Big Bridge. That's been my favorite FF song since I came across FFV Advanced many a year ago. Right now, my least favorite is a three-way tie... between all of the FFXI songs. (That's the one I'm saving for last on my expert serieses.)

What about you guys?

seaking177
4th Jul 2012, 17:33
i remember FFv advance, i got that along with FF 1&2 advance and FF6 advance years ago...i dont have those games anymore though :(.

favorite has to be between One-Winged Angel (FF7), The Decisive Battle (FF6) and Dancing Mad (FF6, Encore)

least favorite has to be anything in 10+, because i have never played any of the FF games after 9.

member_10697624
4th Jul 2012, 23:56
I really like Aeris' theme from FFVII because I just think that song is so pretty. I also like Blue Fields from FFVIII.

Squall-Nathan
5th Jul 2012, 11:13
My faves right now are:

Jenova VII

Man with Machine Gun VIII

and Fleeting Dream FFX DLC

So far I've only got to play Jenova in Chaos Shrine. I hope I can unlock it soon for challenge so I can try Ultimate.

Summoner
5th Jul 2012, 18:30
BMS: Man With the Machine Gun (FFVIII)

FMS: Fleeting Dream (FFX) -DLC-

seaking177
6th Jul 2012, 22:57
so, who else has fallen in love with the music player on this game?

i have already set a few songs as my favorites and have been playing them on repeat with the 3DS closed. yeah, it plays music with the 3DS closed when you have headphones in, BADASS.

so far, my playlist is...

Prelude (FF1), Main theme (FF1), Battle Theme 2 (FF2), Prelude (FF3), Main theme of Final Fantasy IV (FF4), Omen (FF6), One-Winged Angel (FF7).

what are yours?

Chandlia
7th Jul 2012, 18:37
The music player is definitely a great feature!

My Favorites playlist, after four days: Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV, Terra's Theme (VI), One-Winged Angel (VII),Waltz for the Moon (VIII), Suteki Da Ne (Orchestra Version)(X), Ronfaure (XI), and Defiers of Fate (XIII).

It's a pity there isn't a way to get the DLC songs onto the playlist? Cosmo Canyon and a host of others would make the list. Also, I confess to opening the Card Binder just to listen to the gorgeous Loss of Me (IX).

Summoner
7th Jul 2012, 20:16
Yeah I've been talking about them hoping to do a patch or something of the game so we can listen to the DLC songs we bought. I really love "A Fleeting Dream (FFX) and Cosmo Canyon (FFVII)" I just love FF music.

Gobeler
12th Jul 2012, 14:13
The music player is definitely a great feature!

My Favorites playlist, after four days: Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV, Terra's Theme (VI), One-Winged Angel (VII),Waltz for the Moon (VIII), Suteki Da Ne (Orchestra Version)(X), Ronfaure (XI), and Defiers of Fate (XIII).

It's a pity there isn't a way to get the DLC songs onto the playlist? Cosmo Canyon and a host of others would make the list. Also, I confess to opening the Card Binder just to listen to the gorgeous Loss of Me (IX).

Do you know where there is a stand-alone version of Loss of Me? that version is way better than the official soundtrack version I have.

iambasho777
12th Jul 2012, 18:24
There is no stand-alone version of Loss of Me because there is no song called Loss of Me. That is an incorrect fan translation, the name of the song is Rose of May.

FFIX OST: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoeJ4wpwN5g (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoeJ4wpwN5g)

Theatrhythm OST: Well, I can't find a copy of the OST version of the TFF arrangement, but here's a fan recording of it. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auu4-azhlds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auu4-azhlds)

member_10822883
12th Jul 2012, 21:17
I'd love them to release a Theatrhythm OST EP or something. Some of the new arrangements are really nice.

Gobeler
13th Jul 2012, 11:04
I'd love them to release a Theatrhythm OST EP or something. Some of the new arrangements are really nice.

I would buy this with all the gil I have.

Chandlia
13th Jul 2012, 11:30

I would buy this with all the gil I have.

I second this completely!

There is no stand-alone version of Loss of Me because there is no song called Loss of Me. That is an incorrect fan translation, the name of the song is Rose of May.

-- Yep, I usually call "Rose of May (http://ocremix.org/song/143)" as "Loss of Me" -- I have sheet music for the piece that has the latter scrawled as the title. I don't have FFIX, but I've been attempting to do the song justice on flute long before seeing the actual name. Imagine my happiness when I came across a version with flute in Theatrythm! Now, it looks like we have another name to call it by: "Something to Protect"? Playable as BMS in No. 35 Mv. 26 and other Dark Notes as well, most likely.... EDIT: also unlockable on Challenge at 45,000 Rythmia.

Gobeler
13th Jul 2012, 11:32
-- Yep, I usually call "Rose of May (http://ocremix.org/song/143)" as "Loss of Me" -- I have sheet music for the piece that has the latter scrawled as the title. I don't have FFIX, but I've been attempting to do the song justice on flute, long before seeing the actual name. Imagine my happiness when I came across a version with flute in Theatrythm! Now, it looks like we have another name to call it by: "Something to Protect"? Playable as BMS in No. 35 Mv. 26 and other Dark Notes as well, most likely....

I wish we could trade pieces with more than just street pass, I would totally take you up on this!

member_10822883
15th Jul 2012, 16:35
Thought I'd renew the thread since it's been awhile since the game came out/I missed the discussion the first time around.

Talking about just song selection, I think they did a pretty good job keeping it balanced. I'm not thrilled with their song selection for X, but given the nature of X's OST, which is comprised mostly of leitmotifs and not individual compositions, I guess it evens out. I still think they could have balanced it out better by using one of the Hymn of the Fayth's variations for the event sequence rather than give us two arrangements of SUTEKI DA NE. Similarly, even though I appreciate them not using one of the myriad of Zanarkand rearrangements, I would have prefered nearly any track over Mi'ihen Highroad, which remains one of my least favorite Uematsu compositions to date. The Besaid theme would have worked nicely. XII's selection doesn't thrill me either, mostly because I'm not a fan of Clash of Swords at all, nor do I care much for the Theme of the Empire, even if it's probably the game's best candidate for the event sequence.

Interestingly, I find Clash of Swords really fun to play despite not really liking the song. Favorites to play otherwise include Dancing Mad, The Sunleth Waterscape, Battle 2 (FFIII), and Awakening (maybe my favorite).

Least favorites to play have mostly been mentioned, although I really enjoy pretty much all of the tracks. Waltz for the Moon, Mi'ihen Highroad, Giza Plains and Theme of the Empire stick out as ones I generally do not like playing.

iambasho777
15th Jul 2012, 21:56
How can you hate Waltz for the Moon? It's the most fun EMS!

Summoner
15th Jul 2012, 23:15
FFVII's EMS is kinda funny watching Cloud in a wheel chair and falling in the crater. lol

FugitiveGunslinger
16th Jul 2012, 01:57
Honestly, some of my favorite songs are from FFXI because I spent a lot of time with it. I love the FFXI Opening Theme, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful songs in Theatrhythm. The vocals are both haunting and emotionally stirring. Jenova's Battle Theme from FFVII and Battle at the Big Bridge from FFV are some of my favorite battle songs.

member_10822883
16th Jul 2012, 15:54
How can you hate Waltz for the Moon? It's the most fun EMS!

It's just never been one of my favorite tracks; hate is a strong word. I find Defiers of Fate and FINAL FANTASY to be the most enjoyable EMS tracks.

ClericBard
17th Jul 2012, 00:20
In my opinion, The Sunleth Waterscape is amazing. FF13 was my favorite and I always liked hearing the rhythm of that song.

Automaton
18th Jul 2012, 03:20
Sunleth Waterscape on Basic was my first all-Critical (admittedly without Stoic, though). I'm a fan of all final fantasy music, but if I had to pick a favorite stage... the Defiers of Fate EMS: I swear the video looks better on the 3DS than in the actual game!

One thing I will say, though, is I'm slightly disappointed that more of the classic battle NES tracks weren't done in the same vein as Mt. Gulg (understanding the reason for having that one updated in the first place).

And... I think I've actually heard Somnus for the first time ever playing this game.

member_10822883
18th Jul 2012, 16:05
This was my first time hearing Somnus too. But I'm not following the VXIII pre-release promotional cycle.

I'm pretty happy they used the NES versions, since I don't love the updated versions of any of those OSVs. Would be cool to add some of the extra tracks though as DLC.

member_10005881
27th Jul 2012, 21:39
Love the Music Player!

There's just one problem I have about it...

Did anyone ever try to push the Home button while still on the Music Player then put the 3DS to sleep mode? The home screen music still keeps on playing through the headphones.. I believe it might be some bug.

I left my 3DS like that for a couple of hours and wondered why my 3DS became hot when I took it out of my bag. I think it might have drained my battery for those hours I didn't use it.

I tried the same thing with the Nintendo 3DS Sound and it doesn't happen.

shazeobock
28th Jul 2012, 23:50
Yeah I've been talking about them hoping to do a patch or something of the game so we can listen to the DLC songs we bought. I really love "A Fleeting Dream (FFX) and Cosmo Canyon (FFVII)" I just love FF music.

How do we try contacting Square-Enix about this feature? I've been scouring online looking for contact info, an email, anything to ask them about this topic. I'd love a patch that allows DLC to be played in the Music Player; afterall, we're paying $0.99 a piece, the same price as an mp3 off of iTunes/Amazon. Why shouldn't we have an option to listen to these, especially if some of us are willing to fork over an extra $50 for all of the songs...

PLEASE, SQUARE-ENIX, LET US LISTEN TO ALL OF YOUR DLC FOR THEATRYTHM IN THE MUSIC PLAYER!!! DOMO ARIGATOU!

Grimoire
17th Jan 2013, 02:28
Square Enix On Bringing Theatrhythm To iOS, Adding Songs From Other Series
www.siliconera.com/2013/01/16/square-eni... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/16/square-enix-on-bringing-theatrhythm-to-ios-adding-songs-from-other-series/)

Calamaistr
24th Feb 2015, 10:31
"party" from final fantasy x-2 comes to mind, sadly (atleast so far) i cant select it to play on theatrythm.
The ultimecia fight from ff8 i played wich was awesome.
Some FFIII tracks were really awesome to play and i didnt even recognice some of them anymore but ok.
neither is on the other side of the mountain from Ff7, bran bal and library daguerro ff9 or breezy from Ff8 (can play those on guitar)

Then again my alltime favorite final fantasy track has got to be FF6's floating island track, no idea if that ones in either xD

I do not like the ff online tracks much tbh, some of them are rather poorly made and hard to find any form of rythm in to begin with.