sonofraziel
18th Jun 2003, 22:46
ok guys so far of what iseen from the new lok defiance who do
you think we are going to play as first as kain or raziel

ME AND MY FATHER ARE THE LAST OF THE

WINGED RACE

Matt from Spam Buddies
18th Jun 2003, 22:56
You could've posted this question in the Q&A thread, because that's where Chris automatically looks and answers. You'd have a better chance of getting Your question answered.

But anyway, as I recall, this question has indeed been asked a few times in the past. And if my memory doesn't lie to me, Chris already told that the player will start off as Kain.

I don't recall so well, but I think that it was Chris and I think he said that.

- Matthew

Glucolisis
19th Jun 2003, 00:58
KAIN is the first.

warpsavant
19th Jun 2003, 01:51
Originally posted by Matt from Spam Buddies
You could've posted this question in the Q&A thread, because that's where Chris automatically looks and answers. You'd have a better chance of getting Your question answered.

But anyway, as I recall, this question has indeed been asked a few times in the past. And if my memory doesn't lie to me, Chris already told that the player will start off as Kain.

- Matthew

Where was this? I didn't see this in Rando's thread? This guy is the sonofraziel he should be able to ask any question he wants.

Matt from Spam Buddies
19th Jun 2003, 10:13
Originally posted by warpsavant
This guy is the sonofraziel he should be able to ask any question he wants.

Did I say otherwise?

I was being completely polite. As a matter of fact, I was merely trying to help him.

Please read my post again, if You find anything offensive there, then I guess cornbread monkeys have just learnt how to fly.

- Matthew

Reaper007
19th Jun 2003, 23:15
well it would make sense that we play kain first. after all raz was impaled by the soul reaver, and went back to spectral, so he was weaked. i think we will play kain defending raz's body in spectral from spectral beings, finishing off the spectral beings will feed raz until he can get up, then enters the first dialouge between them. but of course since kain can enter spectral for a limited time only i assume we would have to defend raz's body in a limted amount of time.

Reaper007

Vampmaster
19th Jun 2003, 23:58
If the doors were locked at the end of SR2 and Raz can't open them in spectral, we'll have to play Kain first so he can open them for him unless he left them open on his way in or decides it would be more fun to kick them down.

warpsavant
19th Jun 2003, 23:59
Did I say otherwise?

I was being completely polite. As a matter of fact, I was merely trying to help him.

Please read my post again, if You find anything offensive there, then I guess cornbread monkeys have just learnt how to fly.

- Matthew

Cornbread Monkeys have always known how to fly. Did I ever say you were being unpolite?

Lets see, what did you say?

Where was this again? If you don't recall so well, why recall at all?

Anyway, I didn't think anything was offensive, I have not seen this question asked, and for someone to say what you said is just silly. If you really wanted to help this guy out, you could've just posted a link to wherever you recall this question being asked.

Turel the King
20th Jun 2003, 01:46
I believe that it's only best to play as the person (or vampire) who began the series. Not to mention the namesake.

punkst4r
20th Jun 2003, 03:49
Kain should be first because he has to catch up on a lot of his story.:p

Matt from Spam Buddies
20th Jun 2003, 08:55
Okay, mate, let's not start a fight. :)

I would have posted the link if I had remembered where it was. In fact, I tried looking for it, but no luck.

Well, I thought I was helping sonofraziel, because it was certainly better than nothing.

I do believe it was asked in the original Q&A thread, but as we know, those threads have been remade and edited and re-edited countless times, and I believe that this information has been lost.

Anyway, I'll try looking again.

Oh, and sorry, I recall reading that cornbread monkeys indeed have always known how to fly. My bad. :D

- Matthew

Chris@Crystal
20th Jun 2003, 19:18
Hey there,
Actually I never did tell who would be the first playable character.

But....

I'm not going to tell you now either.......

Take care.
~Chris

The Amazing Rando
20th Jun 2003, 19:23

I do believe it was asked in the original Q&A thread, but as we know, those threads have been remade and edited and re-edited countless times, and I believe that this information has been lost.

Well, aside from the original 8 or so that willow phrased in his own way in the first Q/A thread (which many were re-asked and posted in the 'normal' way), all the Q's were directly taken by Chris and then answered the way they were posted, which I then copy and paste, so there really is no editing done to them-other than a couple typos or caps added, and posting them in a different order. The other edits I've done are either just adding to the answers we've gotten, or fixing tags/grammar of my own mistakes. The info posted there is the same as it always was and hasn't been edited or changed, so if it's not there, it wasn't asked (which it wasn't BTW ;)) Just clearing it up that the info wasn't given yet.

warpsavant
20th Jun 2003, 19:40
I think we'll probably play as Kain first as well.

Matt from Spam Buddies
21st Jun 2003, 04:59
Okay, sorry, my bad. Please, chop off my head now. :D

- Matthew

Zephonim
21st Jun 2003, 11:29
i tnink there will be a fight between kain and raz at the start about who goes first ,kain is the fly one so i think with a bit of charged magic in his hands he will slap raziel about causing him to shift into the spirit realm and kain will take off runnin through the doors etc :D :D

Albion
21st Jun 2003, 11:58
Now this is wierd,

because im pretty sure i can remember Chris saying before that we would start as Kain.... Argh, im so confused!

Well, whatever. I think its pretty clear we'll start as Kain anyway.
If we dont, ill

1) Eat my Hat.

2) Be happy because id rather play as Raz first.

fneh
21st Jun 2003, 12:02
Hopefully we'll get to play as whichever you want first because there'll be a demo with a level for each character!:D

Story wise Kain will be first. Raziel will not be in any state to do anything and isn't in any kind of danger. Kain on the other hand is in the middle of a sarafan fortress.

I never saw anything saying Kain was first. I remember a discussion about it somewhere though......

Why does an argument always start after Mathew says something? He was only trying to help and he got shouted at for being nasty somehow.......:rolleyes:

son of Turel
23rd Jun 2003, 19:19
Actually i hope it will be Kain, cuz i like him the most of the 2.
It's his Legacy so i think that it should start with him.

BTW: sonofRaziel, cool name!!! (hint: look at my name (or didn't i have to say that:) )

Raz
23rd Jun 2003, 19:45
I agree that we'll probably play as Kain first. I don't think he'll spend much time standing around whilst Raziel's in the Spectral Realm, as there's not really much he could do at that time. Not only that, but, as someone said, Kain's in the center of the Sarafan Stronghold and I assume he'd like to get a move on out of there... I think we'll probably have a nice action-based "escape" type level where we have to find our way out of the Stronghold, and then pick up with Raziel after he's had some time to have a think and get some strength together. Of course, the one question that plays on my mind is "How is Raziel going to leave the room he's in?". I mean, all of the doors are closed, and we all know he can't open them in the Spectral Realm... :D

Reaper007
23rd Jun 2003, 23:12
Originally posted by Raz
How is Raziel going to leave the room he's in?". I mean, all of the doors are closed, and we all know he can't open them in the Spectral Realm... :D in one thread it said raz has to use dead bodies to make his way to the material realm, there is raz's human form in that same room. but of course that would cause another paradox seeing as the form he uses to regain a foothold in the matariel realm is destroyed in the process.

so i think that maybe kain will go to spectral grab raz and go to the material realm, that or since we never saw that room in spectral(i think we didnt) there could be an exit(in spectral) for raz. but i still like my idea about kain defending raz's body for a time until he can get up.

someguysteve
23rd Jun 2003, 23:35
"How is Raziel going to leave the room he's in?". I mean, all of the doors are closed, and we all know he can't open them in the Spectral Realm...

i don't think that squiddy will immediatly take away the portals that Raziel uses to shift, Raziel will probably have to do something first to make squiddy decide he wont serve him anymore. Raziel will probably end up in a place with lots of bodies before he has to find a new way to shift.

Raz
23rd Jun 2003, 23:41
Reaper007:

You make a very good point there. I seem to have overlooked the simple fact that they are in a much earlier time period, and we never get to see the final room in the Spectral Realm during that period as Raziel cannot shift to the Spectral Realm... :p

warpsavant
24th Jun 2003, 00:24
After thinking this over, Raz was shunted to the spectral realm, so don't we have to return to the material realm before anything can happen with Kain?

Anubis_Orr
24th Jun 2003, 00:31
Depends on who's theory you listen to on time in spectral vs. material. ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing an intro video that includes the ending of SR2 as well as a number of Sarafan coming upon Kain and their slaughtered "leader".

Of course I wouldn't really mind a monologue by Raziel but I don't think he would have much to say at the time. Unless we get a message from the EG saying that he leaves Raziel to his own devices.

Meh, whichever :p

Raz
24th Jun 2003, 00:34
Good point warp... :(

Dace
24th Jun 2003, 09:26
It is possible that for ease the game assumes certain events occur even if you the player have yet to perform them. Such as if you were allowed to choose between playing Kain or Raziel for ease the game could assume for people who are playing Raziel that Kain had opened a door out of the room. Whether or not you have acutally done so in game is moot. It would happen at some point since Kain has to get out himself, but since you the player has choosen to do Raziel first the in game world just kinda assumes it's taken care of.

Zephonim
24th Jun 2003, 15:28
Originally posted by gehntheberserker
I think we are gonna play with Raziel first where we will "discover" hus new way to shift between the realms.

i think so too cause time stands still in the spirit realmso kain will mearly wait a few seconds whil raz does his stuff

but then again we are both probably totally wrong .C.D will prob start us off playing as a "fly on the wall" just to prove us all wrong!(or something unconnectedrather than a fly) :cool:

Matt from Spam Buddies
24th Jun 2003, 16:08
I'd like Kain to be the first one. I like both characters very much, but if Kain's first then we can see what Raziel has already caused (since time stood still for Kain). Or... something... :)

- Matthew