PDA

View Full Version : Any games similiar to DX?

vick1000
18th Jun 2003, 10:28
Does anyone know of another game that would be similiar to
Deus Ex.Besides the Thief series?I can't seem to find anything
with the depth,and immersive story that I have enjoyed
numerous times in DX.Hitman and Hitman 2 was a little weak
in comparison as well.God!!!!! I can't wait for IW!!!:(

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
18th Jun 2003, 15:03
none thatI know of

that's why DX1 had this huge success, cause it wasn't like anything else.

IndyDallasJones
18th Jun 2003, 18:05
System Shock 2 of course! It's a 'predescessor' to dx or something like that, lol. It's a great, & FUN game...once you get into it.

WSimons
18th Jul 2003, 03:43
Originally posted by IndyDallasJones
System Shock 2 of course! It's a 'predescessor' to dx or something like that, lol. It's a great, & FUN game...once you get into it.

Which do you like better?

daemoniak
18th Jul 2003, 04:46
system shock 2 is a free download now...

i loaded it up...and it looks like it might be interesting, then i saw the first zombie, and i'm too spoiled by good graphics to be playing with models that old :)

Ductonius
18th Jul 2003, 05:57
Originally posted by daemoniak

i loaded it up...and it looks like it might be interesting, then i saw the first zombie, and i'm too spoiled by good graphics to be playing with models that old :)

High resolution models are available. Do a google search for them.

Games similar to DX?

SS2
Shadowrun (genisis)
Syndicate

Catman
18th Jul 2003, 15:10
The only legal downloads of System Shock 2 are demo versions. The full version is not legally available for download.

See this thread at TTLG for more info: System Shock 2 is NOT Abandonware (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65259).

That said, SS2 is an excellent game. The high resolution models download can be found at SShock2.com (http://www.sshock2.com/).

unimatrix030
18th Jul 2003, 15:11
Originally posted by daemoniak

A free download do y mean the demo or the whole game?

[SYN] Nexus
18th Jul 2003, 17:54
He means the full version illegaly.If you think the game is great just buy it.The game industry survived the copying tho but downloading is just not as good as buying it.So buy them, even if you dont have the money ask it for your birthday or just steal it.

Wait a second..stealing isnt that illegal..(Sound of a baton, after that silence)

daemoniak
18th Jul 2003, 21:41
you can download system shock 2 here:

[URL DELETED]

who sounded the warez trumpet? it's nexus the anti-piracy calvary come to save the day. before you get off your soap box i should tell you i believe the game is freeware / abandonware now, hence abandonware sites are hosting the download, enjoy.

==============================================

Posting links like this violate the board rules. Anyone doing do is subject to immediate banning.

Catman

[SYN] Nexus
18th Jul 2003, 21:52
Like Catman already posted smartass:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65259

But ok if you want to read it from the site you gave
http://www.the-underdogs.org/faq.php#a5

Quoted that the-underdogs:
"But isn't abandonware illegal?

Unfortunately, yes. Despite the fact that publishers no longer derive revenues from these games since they have stopped selling them (and any revenues from retailers that still sell them were gained a long time ago, at the time of sales), it is illegal to distribute them so long as copyright holders have not released them into the public domain, and 95 years after the games' release have not elapsed. For more in-depth information on this issue, We recommend the following articles and websites"

Since its illegal I dont think this is a right forum to post this.