PDA

View Full Version : Expect the Unexpected

SoulGamer
18th Jun 2003, 06:47
I know that title might sound cheesy but the games have proven to exactly that. From the demon who possesed Mortanius to the Hylden. Kain, Vorador, Janos, and Areil have been questioned to which side they are on.

They have a tendancy to switch from time to time but that is only due to the point of view of Raziel. He questioned everyone around him, and by playing him and propelling yourself into his side of the story, you the player have also questioned each and every character. There are some of you that are reluctant to believe that Janos Audren may be a genuine "good guy".

I myself have read that someone believes that the vampires are by nature evil. But remember that Janos Audren was not always the vicious neck sucker most believe him to be. And he was maintained by his obligation as a guardian. Which implies that he didn't feed on the local villagers. I'm not trying to say that they are wrong, because we know that there is plenty evidence to support their theory as well.

Kain has been questioned in the past as being devious and deceitful when in fact he was the voice of truth through the whole story. However most other characters involved with Kain lied to him, which means very very few can be trusted.

Which reminds me of why I think Kain whats Janos to stay dead. To keep him from powering the device from BO2 or to keep him from suffering the fate of being cast into limbo by the Saraphan Lord. too many possibilities. and this game promises to answer most of the questions, yet keep the ending open for more sequels. Hopefully it will close this chapter of the epic and open a new world of adventure and new characters.

Vampmaster
18th Jun 2003, 20:16
He may or may not be evil but he's definately hiding something.

His statement that he does not know why the others guardianship didn't sustain them suggests that he might have lied about why he is still alive. However just because he's hiding something doesn't mean he's evil:

{ Perhaps he just didn't want Raziel to know that he had to feed on humans to be sustained.

Maybe something terrible happened to the other guardians and Raziel knowing about it would effect Raziels decisions.

What if in order to stay alive to get the Reaver to Raziel, he struck a deal with the Elder and although his intentions are good Janos could have still fallen into a trap set by him. }

His appearance is evil when he's the beast, but other characters in Nosgoth such as Raziel and his brothers (they were't evil, they just did what Kain wanted) all looked demonic.

The Builders statement about needing "blood of the elder races of Nosgoth" may not nessecarilly mean there was only one elder race in Nosgoth and that was the Hylden. The Builder used the plural, "races" so there must have been more than one (unless human was the other). He could have meant "blood of one of the elder races of Nosgoth". It depends on the context. It could also be that both the Ancients (Janos and the ones who painted the murals) the Hylden (their murals too) are lying as well. Both races would want to discredit each other.

The main thing that's suspiscious about him is that he's trying to manipulate Raziel. He may be trying to save Nosgoth but it's possible he's trying to do it a different way that Raziel and Kain. It could be that he intended Raz to become the Soul Reaver all along. This could be to save Nosgoth, but even if he's not evil that doesn't mean he's on Kain and Raziels side either. The reason Janos must stay dead could just be that his method of restoring the pillars and defeating the Hylden conflicts with the way Kain wants to do it.

I think it's possible that Janos just wants to defeat his enemies and Kain has realised that the Hylden aren't the true enemy.

dangerizer
20th Jun 2003, 03:20
wasn't janos the ONLY vampire guardian? could this be why he was sustained and not the rest? since the pillars WERE constructed to have vampire guardians. I haven't played the original BO so i'm not totally sure of this.

punkst4r
20th Jun 2003, 03:24
Yes he WAS because kain is now the balance guardian.;)

Azazel
20th Jun 2003, 09:56
Originally posted by dangerizer
wasn't janos the ONLY vampire guardian? could this be why he was sustained and not the rest? since the pillars WERE constructed to have vampire guardians. I haven't played the original BO so i'm not totally sure of this.
I think Janos meant the other vampiric guardians with "the rest".