PDA

View Full Version : What should be added

Rare
17th Jun 2003, 19:34
I think a bigger and better mapmaker or an online multi/co-op.

Reaperbot
18th Jun 2003, 04:04
More detailed levels, jumping and crouching into vents, vehicles MAYBE, more zones, humour, more game modes, Good online community (map exchange, clan system, chat rooms, e-mail system like tribes 2, monthly tournaments, co-op online, voice chat) and not too much stuff locked away from the noobs!(I still haven't unlocked all deathmatch levels, don't have too many skins and only two cheats.)

Hank Nova
18th Jun 2003, 11:57
im really sorry but i don't agree with anything that Reaperbot said, apart from maybe more detailed levels but i would of though that was definatly in already. TS2 already has humor, lots of game modes and not too much locked away from the noobs. Also, we are a good online community aren't we? Jumping and vehicles are so unoriginal, every other game seems to have it in and also its not like timesplitters isn't fun without them.

ok i'll shut up about that now.

I would like to see more variety in the characters, mabye give them individual things but there are lots of characters and that might be a bit difficult. I think there should be more difference between characters like small = fast but dies easily, medium = a little slower and can take more hits, Big = slow, takes lots of hits before dying.

AB-109
18th Jun 2003, 15:11
Originally posted by Hank Nova
...lots of game modes and not too much locked away from the noobs.

It has lots of game modes but more wouldn't hurt.

Also, we are a good online community aren't we?

Yah we are but we dont have tournys, a good map exchange, online co-op or a clan system and although these arn't THAT big of a deal they would also be cool to have.

Jumping and vehicles are so unoriginal, every other game seems to have it in and also its not like timesplitters isn't fun without them.

No one said TS2 wasn't fun without it but are you tryin to say that it wouldn't be more fun if they existed? anyway he said MAYBE :p

ok i'll shut up about that now.

Good idea lol just kiddin :D

I think there should be more difference between characters like small = fast but dies easily, medium = a little slower and can take more hits, Big = slow, takes lots of hits before dying.

Have ya tried turning on character abilities by anychance :confused: If you did then youd relise that those 'character things' that you talk about are allready there.

I personally agree with most of the stuff reaperbot mentioned but you gotta remember that one of the greatest things about TS2 is that its unique so you cant really say it should have an online system like tribes 2 (or any other online based game) cos these games where made for the sole purpose of playin online and TS2 aint that kind of game plus if FR was to try and put in aspects from different games into TS then it would either

1. take too long to make
2. turn out to be a mess of jumbled up ideas
or 3. both

Ab ^_^

spanks
18th Jun 2003, 17:38
The 1st, 5th and 6th items in your poll seem kinda specific (to your interests?)

They should be replaced with:
- expanded story mode (not my interest)
- expanded custom arcade (add new modes and allow combined modes)
- expanded assault mode (more arenas, mapmaker assault, and allow play as defender)

Those are the things people have asked for most in these forums (on top of expanded mapmaker, online map exchange, and online play)

Rare
18th Jun 2003, 23:42
Originally posted by spanks
- expanded story mode (not my interest)
- expanded assault mode (more arenas, mapmaker assault, and allow play as defender)
Thats some good thinking. I'd change a few things but sadly enough, I don't know how. And about the options being my interests, well, I do think they would be cool to have but I don't even have an online adapter to play TS2 online so, I just thought they would be cool features to have. If you have a different vote then the ones displayed, then post what you vote is and just don't vote on the poll. I'm sorry you don't like the choices on the poll, but those are the only things I could think of at the moment.

KittenCeleste
19th Jun 2003, 06:06
Originally posted by spanks

Sounds cool! How about a shrink/vampire thingy where you have to be the Gladiator to score with the bag!
Absolute carnage, methinks.

I also miss the opportunity to "preview" music in the MapMaker.
Or to give the tiles a paint job and add new effects to them..

I'll probably think of more later on...

KC :D

AB-109
19th Jun 2003, 08:23
Originally posted by KittenCeleste
How about a shrink/vampire thingy where you have to be the Gladiator to score with the bag!
Absolute carnage, methinks.

LOL thats sonds insane but so much fun :D I'd love to try that one.

Ab ^_^

KittenCeleste
19th Jun 2003, 09:19
I think it could be SO much fun. :D

Another thing was, it's been discussed before but who cares(?), a Tony Hawk rip-off: Create-a-skater. or the ability to hook up to a computer via a network adapter and load your own faces into the game. Kinda like making skins for The Sims. Or even do level editing on the PC or Mac......
*drifts off into dreamlike state while envisioning the endless posibilities to torment friends with advanced rules of gameplay and weirder than weird characters*

KC

Reaperbot
19th Jun 2003, 09:29
well if you didn't have the chat rooms, e-mail and all of that stuff in there, there should be at least DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT!!! : D
more skins and maps! bwhaaahahah!

Oh yeah, the create a player idea sounds cool! It wouldn't be a good idea to make yourself into a skin though or I'd have to laugh at you.:D

KittenCeleste
19th Jun 2003, 10:28
Originally posted by Reaperbot
Oh yeah, the create a player idea sounds cool! It wouldn't be a good idea to make yourself into a skin though or I'd have to laugh at you.:D

Well, I was thinking more in the lines of an old teacher or, in my case, an ex boyfriend. Load 'em up, and blast them to Kingdom Come. :cool:

Rare
19th Jun 2003, 21:49
Putting a face on a character would be cool, but the game would suffer from torment from parents. Thats why Rare took it out of Perfect Dark.

Reaperbot
20th Jun 2003, 05:58
you could put your face on the characters in perfect dark???

AB-109
20th Jun 2003, 08:58
Originally posted by Rare
Thats why Rare took it out of Perfect Dark.

Read that line carefully Reaper :p

They where gonna have it but they removed it from the final release.

Ab ^_^

VeGa
21st Jun 2003, 02:15
hmm facemapping, a dream that was almost true. if your lucky enough or have enough $$ its still possible to get a PD copy with facemapping. but this would entail robbing it from GamePro or other such mag's or trying to buy a beta test copy offa Rare (or whats left of them).

what i would like to see in the next game, and what was really disappointed in this game, is the ability to make levels bigger than 2 memory cards blocks. (loading times aside, for a nice big level i can wait a few minutes) it would be awesome to fill a few floors of the map editor.

Reaperbot
22nd Jun 2003, 08:44
Originally posted by AB-109
Read that line carefully Reaper :p

They where gonna have it but they removed it from the final release.

Ab ^_^

Oh yeah! My bad.

Anyway, how would they do it and why. There's not much point.

VeGa
24th Jun 2003, 01:44
the would do it by using GameBoy Camera and the transfer pack, and it would just be fun in most cases. (I remember ECM talking about how they had a bunch of face-mapped Jar Jar Binks (not a bad idea i must say) and barney's and stuff that like that would be fun to kill. the main problem was that kids would take pictures of their teachers and stuff and then get in deep trouble (lawsuits might ensue)

Rare
26th Jun 2003, 01:12
Maybe they could sell the software to facemap separatly. They could only sell the software to ppls 18 and up, that way they could keep the teen rating and still have the option of facemapping.

AB-109
26th Jun 2003, 10:11
I'm over 18 and I'd still do it lol but I doubt FR would be held responsible if I got in trouble for it.

Ab ^_^

Rare
26th Jun 2003, 18:38
Well people would still grouche about it. Some people just want to get attention. So i'd say that if FR DID do it, then teachers, parents, and senetors would all be in an uproar.

ex-ion
26th Jun 2003, 22:51
bah, thats pathetic! obviously scanning in faces into your game is work of the devil! evil and twisted I tell you! or not as the case certainly is. I would deffinately want something like that as I had to resort to finding characters who kinda look like my teachers for my mapmaker level where you had to kill the school staff.
really TS is too light hearted to be thought of as these moronic senetors would have the tabloids believe, theres no blood so that instantly makes it less depraved...

Anyway, more Arcade levels and challanges would be great- as well as the need to cooperate in multiplayer to get the full 100% (you must complete story with a friend to unlock everything)... Ill stop quickly before this post becomes another one of my gargantuan wishlists!

Groove
27th Jun 2003, 20:31
I didn't vote. I simply think FRD should actually incorporate all the suggestions mentioned in the poll, though the last didn't exactly capture my interest.

TS2 has many great things about it. TS3 needs to be brought up to current generation speed, i.e..: Online play, taking advantage of each consoles strengths, etc..

Rare
28th Jun 2003, 18:44
It'd be cool if all the systems could play against each other. Although that would be really hard to do considering that Microsoft has its own servers, and Sony has ITS own and Nintendo the same.

VeGa
29th Jun 2003, 03:24
they should dig back to the Perfect Dark days.
-Co-op on challanges are available (different unlocks when beaten with a co-op, but challanges are significantly harder)
-Simulants! (instead of the "star" system, incorperate personalities into the bots as well venge, judge, ect.)
-a shooting range? that was fun. like a place where you get bronze/silver/gold in any unlocked weapons to unlock other cool stuff.
-Silly hats again, but you choose which you want to put on your character during character selection :]
-Something hidden REALLY REALLY REALLY well in every level, and if you find them all you get something really cool (PD Cheese.)

just some off of the top of my head

Krusade
29th Jun 2003, 04:53
it needs to have unlockable weapons and what would be sweet is unlockable weapon add-ons. like you could unlock a bigger ammo cartrage for the tommygun or a different kind of petrolium for the flamethrower. and you could customize the guns before a match. also it should have like 200 arcade awards and it should put the # of times you gotten the same one next to them. and you should be able to jump and kick(this would be funny), should be able to hit people with your gun, should have like a knife or a bat or some objects that are just for hitting and mabye throwing. i wont say all the stuff in mapmaker it needs but its alot. also it should have all the old arcade levels from the ts2 and 1, all the gund plus tons more, and you should be able to use your maps from ts2 on ts3.

Rare
3rd Jul 2003, 02:16
the sim personalitys should have a comeback. i love having Venge sims on perfect dark hardness and going against the world. Or at least the little world I live in at boob-tube-time.

DrkSnpr14
23rd Dec 2003, 14:53
I to miss the bot personalitys. I also miss the ability to give orders to bots on your team, thus allowing your team to funtion more as a unit. More guns to. I like the style of the guns in PD better, and think they should move more towards that area. DEFFINATLY a bigger memory for the mapmaker if possible. I'm happy with what they gave us, but still want more. A few more modes for arcade would be sweet to.

capt. Forestzombie
26th Dec 2003, 13:29
Originally posted by DrkSnpr14
DEFFINATLY a bigger memory for the mapmaker if possible. I'm happy with what they gave us, but still want more. A few more modes for arcade would be sweet to.

Same here, they should give us way more space for mapmaker, And I think thatTHE SPACE THEY GIVE US IS TO LITTLE.