PDA

View Full Version : Possible LOKD appearance in Aug. issue of GamePro?

Umah Bloodomen
13th Jun 2003, 21:41
I just wanted to issue a heads-up for next month's issue of GamePro. I just received my July issue and the preview for next issue promises to showcase "the hottest games" from E3.

GamePro has had awesome E3 issues in the past, very rarely leaving any information out. I do expect to see at least something on LOKD. (Hopefully something a little more than what has already been offered, hence why the delay in publishing).

warpsavant
13th Jun 2003, 21:47
I got June and July and I couldn't find any mention of Defiance anywhere. So, it seems like a good bet to me that the Aug issue has something.

Umah Bloodomen
13th Jun 2003, 22:04
There was a briefly vague reference in the June issue @ the beginning of the Spanx article. The game wasn't mentioned by name, just by series.

NoobSaibot
14th Jun 2003, 01:44
All I know is the latest Game Informer had this huge E3 section, AND NO LoK : D at all. Not one word. In fact the only thing from Eidos at E3 that it had was that the next TR looked a little dated. Thats it. And TR or Lara Croft fans please don't flame me, It was their own words. Go read the issue yourself if you don't believe me.

Umah Bloodomen
14th Jun 2003, 02:52
From being a GamePro subscriber for a few years now, a lot of the section editors listed LOK games of the past as amongst their favorites (SR series more than anything). A lot of these editors are still around, and with that being the case, I believe they'd at least make mention of LOKD.

Saitou
14th Jun 2003, 03:31
This is cool, hopefully there will be some great pics in the issue aswell. If so I will have to buy two as I'm not a subscriber to Gamepro.

Hanpolo
14th Jun 2003, 06:18
June 2003, page24

"The legacy continues

Eidos is keeping the Kain train rolling, only this time he has help. In fall's Legacy of Kain:Defiance(playgtation 2 and xbox), players will get to control both Kain Raziel in the same game for the first time. Also new to this title are the revamped combat system and telekinessis powers.

not much but at least they mentioned it.....:eek:

Hanpolo out.

§ycavier
27th Jun 2003, 19:21
My friend just got the new edition of game pro. I think that its the august issue,though im not quite sure.

Thats because i was too busy drooling over the defiance article.

Which has a screen shot of Vorador sitting in a chair pondering something i think. And some screens that we have all probably seen so far. The article is two pages long and quality its worth a read.

warpsavant
27th Jun 2003, 19:51
OoO I gotta check that out!!!

Quicksilver
27th Jun 2003, 19:52
Is GamePro available in the UK? (I spent about a week looking for PSM magazine in WHSmiths...without twigging that it only sells in the US <slaps forehead and winces>)

Umah Bloodomen
27th Jun 2003, 19:55
It doesn't sound like Game Pro. I have the July issue already. I won't get the August issue for another couple of weeks.

As for the mag being available in the UK, I am not sure exactly. You may want to cruise their website and find out.

GamePro Magazine (http://www.gamepro.com)

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jun 2003, 03:24
Just did some checking with my sources in The Cabal, and the Aug. issue will be on sale Tuesday. (I don't get my subscription in until the second week of the month).

And there is LOKD info in it. Do I know my mag or what? :p ;)

Turel the King
28th Jun 2003, 03:29
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

And there is LOKD info in it. Do I know my mag or what? :p ;)

And why do ya know ya mag? Maybe it's because I just posted a thread on it? It also shows a somewhat cool pic of Vorador on it. Check my thread.

PS: U.B, please don't try to steal all my glory.

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jun 2003, 03:31
Someone's a bit full of themselves. :rolleyes: If you must know, I had sent an email to an individual I know earlier. If anything your post did, was prompt me to check for a response. And I am not sharing what was included with it.

Not to mention, that if you read above, you'll notice that I mentioned there would be definate LOKD info included, on account that the SR series is a favorite with the editors.

Turel the King
28th Jun 2003, 03:35
I'm sorry then. Honest mistake.

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jun 2003, 03:37
No worries, Turel. Besides, I didn't see you mention a Tuesday sale date in your post. :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

blincoln
28th Jun 2003, 20:34
My local drug store already has it.

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jun 2003, 21:10
Originally posted by blincoln
My local drug store already has it.

You're both on the west coast. I was out earlier and haven't seen it. We must be getting it Tuesday.

Apocrypha Roxy
28th Jun 2003, 22:11
You know your mags, girl... :D

Vorador in a chair, eh? This I've got to see... :p

I must get these magazines. I don't read magazines, but the school library used to have subscriptions to game mags. Then they kept getting stolen/ruined, so they don't subscribe any longer.

And the ones in Genovese are in plastic bags, and I'm afraid to rip them open, because then I'd have to pay for it, and I don't have the money for it on the spot.

(You're talking to someone who saved up over 4 months to get $50 to buy Angel of Darkness, storing the money in a jewelry box guarded by my Lt. Raz action figure). :rolleyes:

warpsavant
1st Jul 2003, 01:42
I just got it at a Hess gas station in East BumbleNook. Vorador's head looks normal again.

Apocrypha Roxy
1st Jul 2003, 02:02
My prayers have been answered...

(Thank you, Warp, you are a Godsend)

:p