PDA

View Full Version : Eidos!!!!!

PLAYA INC'S BIG THUG
9th Jun 2003, 18:20
Eidos made FFVII I thought Square Soft made it.

Rengar
9th Jun 2003, 18:37
Eidos published it, for the PC. Square still, made it/ported it.
Then EA got the publishing rights for FF8.....Although so did Eidos, in England or some other country.

swatleader
25th Jun 2003, 14:00
ok i recently have come across a major problem for the pc version of final fantasy 8 and have been looking somewhere for how the heck to contact someone to get help with this issue and have gotten no where. there is no more final fantasy 8 stuff on the squaresoft web site and i can not final an official forum for final fantasy 8 either. if someone could help me i would appreciate it.

Rengar
26th Jun 2003, 15:13
You can post it here.....but FF8 is pretty solid, as far as crashes and stuff.

IF it's crashing, there is very little you can do about it ( in other words).

If it's crashing because of a FMV, or something......your pretty much stuck. It's usually a bad disk, or something.

Unless your using the wrong patch, I don't think I can help you very much.

EA published FF8PC. But their "PR" is near non-existant. It's near impossible to even find the patch on their web page. Avault has a copy, if you need it.

swatleader
1st Jul 2003, 02:02
well my problem is not about crashes but really its the videos though. when ever i play a video the sound skips bad but i do not see why it would be doing this as i got a pc that well lets just say far and i mean far exceeds minimum requirements and i am thinking it may be my sound card(which is a sound blaster audigy) because on another pc with a different soundblaster it runs just fine so if anyone can possibly give me some info on this and well not exactly help fix it but maybe give me some insight on what may be causing this problem i would appreciate it a lot.

thanks.

halo_halox
1st Jul 2003, 11:34
If you use Win9x and install Audigy's WDM driver, it is necessary to install Q269601.exe (AC3 & WDM compatibility patch) or Q242937.exe (WDM compatibility patch) to fix WDM driver compatibility issue under Win9x :)

Rengar
1st Jul 2003, 15:13
If that doesn't work, I guess you can play with the Sound Acceleration Modes. There are 4 different types of sound acceleration.

Type, dxdiag, and it's in the Sound tab.

swatleader
6th Jul 2003, 22:17
umm i am using windows xp, is there a patch that will work on that? and where can i get the patch?

Rengar
7th Jul 2003, 06:44
....what are u talking about?

This topic was originally about, "Did Square made FF7PC?"....and now it's a, "why is winxp crashing?" thread. But wait.....it turned into a FF8 thread, too. (when I said you can post it here....I meant here, on the forum, not this thread.)

This really should have been a new topic.

------------------
Eidos has a Chocobo Race patch in Support. And it only fixes that....nothing else. As for getting it to work on WinXP. I can't really help you. Compatibility mode is what most people use, but it doesn't always work. The only way I know it will work 90% of the time is with Win98. It's about 70% of the time with WinXp, and about 45% with Win2000 (and that's with a lot of tweaking and with a Geforce card)