PDA

View Full Version : Atomsmasher (Hard) Strategy

QuickSplitter
8th Jun 2003, 20:25
Hi, I know I'm new here when it comes to posting, but after searching the net for tips on beating Atomsmasher on Hard, and being unable to find any, I decided I should try to discover a good way to beat it myself, and I have (by accident) :)

Since the fight in the reactor room after killing Khallos is the hardest part of the level because of the TimeSplitters, why not lure them away from it into the area with the huge metal boxes? Admittedly, this wasn't intentional when I did it, as I had left the armour outside the laser control room and went back to get it, but the TimeSplitters ended up stuck in there, leaving me in peace (except for one Reaper Splitter that I killed because he was following me too closely) to pull the switches and escape.

Heres how I did it:

- Kill Khallos
- Run towards the TimeSplitters, then run back, and up the ramp towards the last bomb. Go over the pipe (you need to confuse them by going in the corridor) and jump off the ledge leading out of the control room.
- Head back to the reactor, and pull the switches :)

I hope this helps anyone who is stuck on the level, and maybe even some of the experts here (who I must say are extremely impressive... I'm struggling to get Bronze on some of the challenges, let alone Gold or Platinum :eek: ) will put it to the test.

AB-109
8th Jun 2003, 22:55
Ya its a good tactic and has been said in at least 2 topics here and in a few FAQs at gamefaqs :rolleyes:

but after searching the net for tips on beating Atomsmasher on Hard, and being unable to find any

Gotta know where to look and look alil harder ;)

Ab ^_^

KittenCeleste
9th Jun 2003, 07:41
Originally posted by AB-109

Gotta know where to look and look alil harder ;)

Ab ^_^

Alternatively.... There is this TS2 forum somwhere on the net I heard about. The rumour has it, that there are lots of really good, "veteran" players there, that I could ask for advice.
Hmmmm... Wonder where to find something like that on the web...

'Ang on! It's here! :p

KC :D

tangers75
9th Jun 2003, 08:15
This saved my bacon big time.

Throw the switches *before* you kill Khallos. The scourge splitters with the double soviet's only appear after you've killed Khallos and I found it massively easier to throw the switches while avoiding Khallos than I did the scourge splitters.