PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Chris@crystal about LOK:defiance

punkst4r
8th Jun 2003, 00:52
1. Will kain have all or any of his old gifts from BO 1/2?

2. Since the soulreaver series started did kain learn any new dark gifts or anything alike that we will use?

3. Will kain and raziel learn new vampiric gifts from the bosses? and if so what will happen if the boss isn't a vampire?

4. If kain has his old gift from BO1: to turn into a bat, can we steer it and if we can do we have some sort of time limit? I haven't played BO1 so I don't know how the bat gift works.

5. If LOK:defiance works in chapters will we be able to return to a previous spot like in SR2 mode or do we just have to keep going like in BO2?

6. Will there be any hidden things in the game that we can come back to explore/obtain?

7.Is there any chance that we will ever see raziels clan or atleast one of them?

Reaver of Souls
8th Jun 2003, 03:00
"The Super Magical Ask the Butterfly Lord" sticky thread at the top of this forum is where all questions about Defiance directed at Chris should be posted. If you take the time to read through it you will find some of the answers to your questions there.

warpsavant
8th Jun 2003, 05:34
Raziel is still in the game, he's a Razielim. Well not really. Everywhere I look people are talkin about Razielim. Kain sacrficed them all to the Void.

punkst4r
8th Jun 2003, 05:49
BUT THEY MIGHT GO BACK IN TIME BEFORE THAT EVER HAPPENED.

Matthew
8th Jun 2003, 16:21
It seems Your Caps Lock was enabled ...

Anyway... There's always a slight chance though I doubt meeting a Razielim is strightly necessary.
As Amy Hennig said, Turel will make an appearance. Now, she clearly meant the vampire Turel, so Raziel has got to make a journy back into the wastelands of Nosgoth's distant future (LOK-SR). Maybe then Raziel will meet his clan.

I tried to be a good sport and give You the answers, but really...

-sigh-

... almost all of them are in the thread mentioned above by Reaver of Souls. Just go and do some digging.

- Matthew

fneh
8th Jun 2003, 16:34
we are never actually told what happened to raziels clan. We are given the impression that they were killed but are never told directly.

There's every chance they were all off having a party with turel or looting meridian.

unless you see something happen yourself in LOK then you can't assume something to be correct

Reaver of Souls
8th Jun 2003, 22:26
Originally posted be fneh
unless you see something happen yourself in LOK then you can't assume something to be correct
And even then then there are strange, unexplained things, like Vorador's existence in BO2 when we saw him get executed in BO1.
Or the disapearance of glyphs and constrict from SR1 to 2. :p

Umah Bloodomen
8th Jun 2003, 23:20
I do concur with the advice to familiarize yourself with this thread. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16407) as soon as you can.

Also, you best prepare yourself for tons of speculation from the members of this board, because Chris has already stated that, no aspects of the storyline will be revealed by him or CD.

Chris@Crystal
9th Jun 2003, 23:21
Hey Punkst4r,
I can not answer any story based questions about the game, but I'll try to answer some of your questions:

1. Will kain have all or any of his old gifts from BO 1/2?
This has not been revealed yet, but Kain will have plenty of powerful vampiric abilities.

2. Since the soulreaver series started did kain learn any new dark gifts or anything alike that we will use?
You'll have to wait and see. One thing that was shown on the E3 demo was telekinesis.

3. Will kain and raziel learn new vampiric gifts from the bosses? and if so what will happen if the boss isn't a vampire?
There will be bosses in the game. Can't say who or what they are yet. And Kain and Raziel will get new abilities as they move through the game.

4. If kain has his old gift from BO1: to turn into a bat, can we steer it and if we can do we have some sort of time limit? I haven't played BO1 so I don't know how the bat gift works.
I can not tell you about this yet.

5. If LOK:defiance works in chapters will we be able to return to a previous spot like in SR2 mode or do we just have to keep going like in BO2?
Raziel and Kain have different paths through the game -sometimes they visit the same areas, and sometimes not. LoK- Defiance will be more non-linear and replayable than SR2 was, though.

6. Will there be any hidden things in the game that we can come back to explore/obtain?
Yes, there are secrets and bonus items. But you'll have to find them.

7. Is there any chance that we will ever see raziels clan or atleast one of them?
This has not been revealed.

Hope this answers a few of your questions.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

punkst4r
10th Jun 2003, 01:08
Hey Chris I know that my questions where dumb but thanx 4 answering them.

someguysteve
10th Jun 2003, 01:54

would it be possible to fight old bosses after beating the game and without starting over.

7.Is there any chance that we will ever see raziels clan or atleast one of them?

i can't help but think that the future evolved ones would like like the winged monkeys from wizard of oz