PDA

View Full Version : Godfather's problem corner

Godfather
7th Jun 2003, 16:42
First of all: hello and nice to see y'all again!

With the new Tomb Raider-game (finally) in sight, I decided to install all previous Tomb Raider-games on my computer again (after having played them all after each other like some sort of huge saga on Windows ME many months ago from now).

I've just started installing the first one of five games and yes - of course: there are some annoying problems heading above water again. When I install Tomb Raider V on my computer (which hasn't got Windows Me anymore but Windows XP) everything works fine and I can even play the game without a single problem, but once I start changing the resolutions settings in the setup window of TRV (from the standard 640x480-16bit to anything higher and better-looking like that) it crashes and gives me the following message:

PCTomb5.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Also, if I should be able to get past this annoying point and I play the game and close it again (like when you don't wanna play anymore or you finished it) my screen refresh rate of my monitor has gone from 85 to 60 Hertz. I can change it back -no problem- but it's still annoying. Could I undo this problem by reinstalling a whole new driver for my computer screen or is that just futile?

Thanks for a quick response, my friend!

bye for now

I know that I've written a thread about this before, but I couldn't find the previous one, so I posted a new thread.

DaveJ
7th Jun 2003, 18:32
Many games change your screens refresh rate whilst playing.

Look for a doodat called ReForce...its out there somewhere.

As to playing the games on XP...ya wins some and ya loses some.

Godfather
7th Jun 2003, 19:38
Originally posted by DaveJ
As to playing the games on XP...ya wins some and ya loses some.

So, are you saying that if I play TRV on my previous computer (which I still have and which in fact stands next to my new one) which still has Windows ME, that I can play TRV without any trouble?

thanx!

bye for now

DaveJ
9th Jun 2003, 09:48
In the time it took to type that, you could have installed it on said machine and found out for yourself.

Godfather
9th Jun 2003, 13:32
LOL! :D :D

Ok, I've got a very interesting question for you. I just found out that all my Tomb Raider-games work fine, except ... Tomb Raider II! What happens is this: during the FMV's the audio & video doesn't match. You hear this guy being pulled to the ground in the first FMV of Tomb Raider II and only a bit later you actually see it happening. Not only is this annoying, I also never get to see how Lara Croft shoots in the camera at the very end of Tomb Raider II, because the sound has already appeared and ... well?

Could you or anybody help me, please?

thnx!