PDA

View Full Version : From the July issue of OPM (US)

blincoln
7th Jun 2003, 01:44
I just picked up the new Official US Playstation Magazine at one of the book stores here, and it has some cool previously-unseen screenshots. Someone over at NR said they showed some Hylden. I guess they *could* be. They look like some sort of thrall to me, but one of them has its soul escaping as Raziel impales it, and its soul looks kind of Hylden-esque.

There is also a really cool shot of Raziel in the swamp. The detail is seriously impressive. You've got Raziel in the foreground, some hills and an ignus fatuus (sp?) behind him, then three layers of trees behind that, and finally WAY in the distance, you can see the Pillars.

Also, there's a shot of Raziel on some kind of forest path. It looks like an area out of the original Blood Omen, but of course like 10000 times better.

No demo on the coverdisc, unfortunately.

Umah Bloodomen
7th Jun 2003, 04:49
So many magazines. So little time. **sigh** ;)

I'll have to check this one out as well.

warpsavant
7th Jun 2003, 05:36
This sucks, I got to get this magazine now, too?

Lady Kreliana
7th Jun 2003, 06:57
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
So many magazines. So little time. **sigh** ;)

And money.

KoolKat_EF
7th Jun 2003, 15:34
Will it have that in the UK version of OPM? If it does, I'll pick it up next time I'm in town. :)

Sounds really cool. Can't wait till Novembre.

willow
7th Jun 2003, 16:56
crap, I'm going broke just buying magazines =F

Raz
7th Jun 2003, 23:44
Any possibility of some scans blincoln? ;)

I for one am absolutely dying to see the swamp scene! :D

Apocrypha Roxy
8th Jun 2003, 00:54
OOOH PLEASE SCAN PLEASE SCAN!!!

I'm a poor girl with no money and I scraped up over the months just enough to buy TR: AoD because thats the only game that is coming out right about now and I played ALL of my games pc and ps2 alike I'm CRYING with boredom!

If you scan them, I'll do the Filler Bunny dance for you... :D

-does the Filler Bunny dance-

Pleeeese?

blincoln
8th Jun 2003, 00:54
Sorry, no. I only scan screenshots from historical magazines (and even then only when I can't get them in any other way), not ones that are currently available.

Hopefully some UK magazines will run this information soon =).

Apocrypha Roxy
8th Jun 2003, 00:55
Crapness.

-stops dancing-

I must revert to other means... like begging my mother for some quick cash...

darien_specter
8th Jun 2003, 03:06
blinc, do any of these many mags with the wonderful, tantalizing screenshots have websites?

Reaver of Souls
8th Jun 2003, 03:10
If any of you have a Chapters or huge book store near you, they will take the plastic baggy off the magazines and you have to get the disc when you buy it. This means the magazine is open for viewing. So if you want to see it and live near an enormous bookstore, then try that.

Either that or rip off the bag when no one is looking..:p

blincoln
8th Jun 2003, 03:43
Most big bookstores have one open display copy of the magazine. Some libraries carry them as well.

Most of the magazines have websites, but they don't have the full articles (or the screenshots) up there.

Really, no one is missing *that* much by not seeing these. I'm sure you'll get much more enjoyment out of the actual game =). I just post this information for crazy collectors like myself.

fneh
8th Jun 2003, 14:27
you americans are getting tons of coverage. I don't think there's been a SINGLE article even MENTIONING the game in any UK mags :mad:

Vampmaster
8th Jun 2003, 16:05
Actually there was a tiny snippet in PSW where it says it's going to be all combat and nothing else. OK, I'm exaggerating, all this talk about less story and less puzzles is starting to get to me. I hope the bosses are puzzles themselves like in SR1 you had to figure out how to kill them 'cause regular attacks didn't work. That could balance it out if they have to lose a few puzzles.

Raz
8th Jun 2003, 22:46
Ahhh well, it was worth a try! You're a tough nut to crack blinc! :)

Umah Bloodomen
8th Jun 2003, 23:22
Originally posted by fneh
you americans are getting tons of coverage. I don't think there's been a SINGLE article even MENTIONING the game in any UK mags :mad:

I think it's because of the fact we're getting the game before you do. Perhaps you'll start getting information within a month or so. **shrugs**

blincoln
9th Jun 2003, 00:01
That would be sad if the UK folks had to wait extra time for the game.

I hope everybody doesn't think I'm trying to be a jerk about the screenshots. I just don't think it's fair to devalue the magazines by putting them online for free.

Umah Bloodomen
9th Jun 2003, 00:16
I would/am do(ing) the same in your situation. And for those of you who plan on asking me to post them myself, can take that idea right out of your head.

<broken record mode>If you want the magazine so bad, there are plenty of opportunities to go out and obtain it. (Including writing the publisher if it is not available in your area). </broken record mode>

Vampmaster
9th Jun 2003, 23:20
I think the main reason the UK magazines don't have much info on Defiance is that the most recent issues of the magazines came out just before E3, so we've had to wait until the ones that are coming out this month to see anything from E3.

Raz
9th Jun 2003, 23:36
I'm with Umah and I commend your actions blincoln. I only asked for a shot as I live in the UK and I was hoping that, by some monumental chance occurrence, you may've given in to the pleas from this desperate Brit. However, as I said above, I understand why you aren't keen on sharing shots. :)

Evelin The Winged
10th Jun 2003, 16:59
I don't live in the uk or the us, but I once did happen to find that PSM magazine that had the first Defiance article. We probably get this magazine here then...but I havent got time to check. I'm studying for exams and I won't be back online tile the 23rd.

See ya.

Lady Kreliana
11th Jun 2003, 00:34
Good luck with your exams, Evelin. :)

Anyway...how much is OPM again? I might try to pick it up tomorrow.

warpsavant
11th Jun 2003, 00:39
OPM is $8.99

There is no Defiance Info in July Gampro, so, don't buy that one. I was looking for July EGM, OPM, and XbM. All I found was Gamepro and it sucks.

Lady Kreliana
11th Jun 2003, 00:45
$8.99???

Maybe I won't be purchasing it...

warpsavant
11th Jun 2003, 00:49
LOL!!

I went and bought like 3 magazines the other day, and it was $20! Seems like alot of money for a few LOK-D pics, I cant promise I wont be scanning everything and forcing someone to send me cease and desist orders.

Umah Bloodomen
11th Jun 2003, 00:50
I very rarely come across an in-store mag for under (at least) $6 US anymore. Many actually prove to be cheaper if subscribed to.

warpsavant
11th Jun 2003, 01:25
I think PSM is the best one. Its only $5 and has the most Defiance info.

It'd be cheaper if I subscribe, but I just need the ones with Defiance Info. I figure I can scan the images and charge people in the UK to see them and easily make my money for the mags back. ;):p

Umah Bloodomen
11th Jun 2003, 01:34
Your bottle deposit is cheaper there. Your magazines are cheaper there. Bastards...LOL

I have a great price on my GamePro subscription. I think I spent $18 for the next two years worth of mags. ;)

Lucent
12th Jun 2003, 04:50
The scene with Raziel in th swamps with the Ignus Fatuus was in the demo I played at E3, it looked absolutely stunning, and it (much as in BO1) is the path to Vorador's Manor, which is shown in my E3 screenshots which have drifted somewhere in this area.

Vorador's manor has completely changed from the ruins of SR2, features exquisite murals of ancient vampires, and some seriously buff Ancient Vampire (wielding stone reaver) Gargoyle statues. Pretty impressive fights.

I'm under the impression that Vorador's manor is from the past, and that this is either shortly after his turning by Janos, or if not in the past then somewhere within the alternate timeline that BO2 takes place in.

I'm seriously drooling over the thought of getting that demo disk sometime, then I'll have some really swank screenshots for you guys.

Vampmaster
12th Jun 2003, 21:25
The events of BO2 are after the events of BO1 but before the events of SR1. The events of SR2 are all before BO2 and SR1 and in SR2 you're going forward and backwards around BO1's time period. What ruins do you mean from SR2? The place where you meet Janos in SR2 belongs to him and not Vorador. Voradors mansion is from BO1 if you want to have a look at that. It would probably be present in SR2's time periods although we don't get to visit it in SR2. In BO2, Kain says to Vorador, " ...it lacks the splendor of your former abode". The mansion is the "former abode" he was talking about.

warpsavant
13th Jun 2003, 00:22
The soul does look Hylden-esque.