PDA

View Full Version : Lara's mansion.

Sage83
5th Jun 2003, 17:29
I dont know about U people But I thought Lara's mansion was pretty kewl in the first three games. Mainly In TR3, that one had lots to explaore. But the kewlest part, is right outside lara's front door and to the side alittle where U had to do that jumping trick to get the to top of her roof.

Leigh Croft
5th Jun 2003, 18:20
I think it would be great to return to my house..... I mean Croft Manor, but not just yet though. Lara's been through a LOT and shes still dealing with things in france after Egypt etc, but i think it would be great to return in a future episode!

Raven25
5th Jun 2003, 21:20
I would definately love to see her house again! It was great for those times when your either stuck in a level or too lazy and don't feel like actually playing the game. Instead you could try and break your record on her assault course, lock the bulter in the freezer, do a swan dive off her staircase, get on her roof, ect. Also if you want to replay the game, you don't have to go through the boring as hell training level! Why don't they just add it in anyway, they know everyone wants it! And they've already got the plans for it, it couldn't be that difficult and time consuming to add. Oh well.:p

Lone Raider
5th Jun 2003, 21:58
i recommend Johnny z´s level "Lara´s London Home", i just finished playing it and it´s great! you´ll find it in the TR Level Editor forum, or the other one(TRLE Community or something)
well it´s there in a thread about lara´s house competition. (sorry I am actually too lazy to find it for you:rolleyes: )

PLAYA INC'S BIG THUG
6th Jun 2003, 00:49
Hold on I thought she watched it burn in a movie I saw or, in a screenshot I saw.

snark^
6th Jun 2003, 08:57
I can imagine Lara's return to the mansion in TR7 (subtitled "Our Lady of Darkness" or "There is No Darkness"[1]): stepping through the front door after driving up the leaf-covered driveway she finds the interior furniture all under white dust sheets, amidst the cobwebbed rooms. Striding into the middle of the main hall she pulls the cover off a figure standing there...

"Good afternoon ma'am."

"Hello Jeeves... how long have you been under there exactly?"

"Just a few months Ma'am -- would you care for some biscuits?"

*Lara stares at the mold-covered tray* "Not just at this very moment thank you..."

[1] So I'm a major skiffy geek -- sue me.

Ben Landsberg Tomb Raider
8th Jun 2003, 13:51
I would really like to see a level in Lara's home in which the house is raided. It could even be modelled after the movie scene! I LOVE that scene. I know there already was a "home invasion" bonus level but it really sucked

Omega_Weapon
8th Jun 2003, 17:12
I'd love to see her house on a modern console. They can even make it as part of the story and make her have to break into her own house to gather evidence or something.

thanhkim
11th Jun 2003, 00:35
I think :Lara's house is a blast the only thing is one I want to see more of it and two I want Lara to do things in it, eg: kind of like the sims that would blow my head off. Go Lar's

Mangar The Dark
23rd Jun 2003, 14:50
Originally posted by thanhkim
I think :Lara's house is a blast the only thing is one I want to see more of it and two I want Lara to do things in it, eg: kind of like the sims that would blow my head off. Go Lar's

It was just recently announced that the next TR product will not be a game, but rather a "software playhouse" in which you get to watch Lara walk around her house, change her outfits, sleep, eat, shower, comb her hair, and basically just carry on with everyday activities. It will include a text parser system so you can chat with her as she's doing these things. For example, here's a typical conversation you may have with Lara as she sits down to eat her dinner:

Player: "What are you eating?"
Lara: "None of your business."
Player: "Well, are you enjoying it?"
Lara: "I said it's none of your #&*! business. Get a life."
Player: "What do you plan to do after you finish eating?"
Lara: "Not sure, but odds are, it'll be more exciting than what you're doing, you voyeristic geek."
Player: "You're not very polite, you know."
Lara: "I'M not polite?? Who's the one watching my every move? Freak."
Player: "Sorry."
Lara: "Not sorry enough." (aims guns at screen and fires. Return to desktop.)

Should be fun!

Cherouvim
23rd Jun 2003, 15:32
Lara's House was one of the best things in TR. It's a shame they removed it from TR4 and TRC. And now from AOD. At least we could see it in the next series with the awesome graphics :)

CDubyahS
23rd Jun 2003, 15:36
option on the poll should read no, house wasnt all that interesting I would NOT want house to return

Mangar The Dark
23rd Jun 2003, 15:50
Originally posted by Cherouvim
Lara's House was one of the best things in TR. It's a shame they removed it from TR4 and TRC.

But what would be the point, really? To me, it's kind of like saying "The Lost Valley" was a great level in TR1, it's too bad they didn't include it in TRs 2-5." It's been done. And if you own any of the early TR games, you can still play it, even if it's not included in the more recent games.

It's true, though, that it probably would be interesting to see how they improve the graphics for it in AOD, but I think overall, I'd prefer to see new ideas.

Atreyu
23rd Jun 2003, 20:41
Check of the old pics of TR:AOD and you'll see one where cops in riot gear are standing in front of her mansion so a raid level was planned. and for me the mansion has always held some unplacable form of fun that i could never get enough of no matter how many times i ran through the assault course. the only problem was that damn Winston. i hate that guy so if they got rid of him then that would be cool. or left him in but gave me the chance to kill him. that would be better. and a hidden shaven cat would really add to the fun. the mansion would be missed but i can live without it.

Atreyu
23rd Jun 2003, 20:45
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/tombraidertheangelod/screens.html?page=11

here's the link to the pic if anyone's interested...no one. well okay i'll just be in the corner crying. poor me. why doesn't anyone like me?!

SkitleZ
23rd Jun 2003, 20:54
I've noticed that for the past few posts, i've been under Atreyu....

anyways, was it the first or third or whatever tomb raider that we were in lara's house? well whatever it was, it was sweet. i think the butler was hiding a conspiracy to take over lara's anus... did i say anus? i meant house...

Atreyu
23rd Jun 2003, 21:07
now he is above me! noooooooooooo!!!! why can't i ever stay on top. first my girlfriend and now skitlez is on top. damn it all to hell!

thewolfdog123
24th Jun 2003, 04:51
I'm not surprised they took it out but it would be cool too go back too it i remeber the first one when she was moving in with all the boxes and then in three she had the 4 wheeler. Well it would be nice too do the course in the back again but please get rid of the butler really I mean what was with that guy. But I can live without it.

thanhkim
24th Jun 2003, 09:24
In the house we'd have the Croft family, Dad, Mum (Lara) two kids and a dog and cat. What a sweet family photo that would make. All holding grenda launchers. :D

GarretASUS
24th Jun 2003, 15:50
I remember in Tomb Raider 2, all I would do is play the Mansion training level. The house is wonderful.

Justin888
1st Jul 2003, 20:49
Originally posted by GarretASUS
I remember in Tomb Raider 2, all I would do is play the Mansion training level. The house is wonderful.

You too? :D

Sdaltland
1st Jul 2003, 22:12
Forget about playing her mansion again. Just give me the darn thing. lol.

Jay
1st Jul 2003, 22:18
Her mansion made Tomb Raider, just as much as the actual adventures!

The elements that did it for me:

- how you could workout to classical music
- the 'beat your best time' assault course
- unlocking the jeep track! That was superb!

Let's hope Lara chills out in her mansion again for AOD2! :cool:

TriggerHappy
2nd Jul 2003, 13:04
Originally posted by Atreyu

here's the link to the pic if anyone's interested...no one. well okay i'll just be in the corner crying. poor me. why doesn't anyone like me?!

No one hates you. It's just that you keep waving that rocket launcher around.

I never knew of that pic til you linked it. Was it meant for this AOD, or another AOD?

-------

I like having the butler in the shooting range. He made a cool target.
I also had Lara jump on him, just to get him to pass gas. I wonder if he was the inspiration for 'Abe's Exodus'.

I like alot of the above ideas. I still didn't get to see enough of Lara, when she went to take a shower. Despite her shooting at us.

Sage83
2nd Jul 2003, 18:03
I here U Sdaltland, I wish I had her mansion. If I was a famuse person I would have her house build for me, with a few different thing add to the house.

frostyplatinum
3rd Jul 2003, 02:03
I love the mansion, as i have said in previous threads. ^_^. I loved it in the third one how the butler would follow me all down the assult course, and then out of no where, he was there in camo, carrying that damned tray. i would shoot at him for hours and he would just get back up, and i would think to my self, how come lara dies when she is shot with her camo on?
But it would be really cool, if in a future game, to have her house with the garage like in the movie. With all her cars/suv's/motorbikes! And you could drive them all around the lot, or even run over winston, but what would be the point? The bastard would just get up and run you down with that damned tray!
I would also love to see the rest of her house. And keep the hidden level that you got to throug the fire place in the library. And have a bigger badder assult course, equiped with hired assialents. that would rock my socks!
Along with the thing with the machine dude from the movie, that would also be awesome! GIVE ME THE TOOLS TO MAKE IT! I WILL MAKE IT MYSELF!! IT WILL BE GREAT! FOR EVERY ONE TO ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TriggerHappy
3rd Jul 2003, 02:20
Originally posted by frostyplatinum
GIVE ME THE TOOLS TO MAKE IT! I WILL MAKE IT MYSELF!! IT WILL BE GREAT! FOR EVERY ONE TO ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres an idea! Did anyone mention that yet?

New Game: Lara's Mansion
The original mansion for the main game play., with editing features. We can kill kill KILL the butler, and replace him with more maids and butlers.
We can choose to enjoy the original classical music from her stereo, or program our own music CDs into the game.
In her bedroom is where we can have her change into clothes and swimsuits that we design.
We could even add creatures to her house, yard, obstacle course(s), swimming pool(s), rivers and lakes. Like monkies, tigers, dinosaurs, sharks, ect...
We can even choose how to arrage the furniture and art objects. Like the glass tubes diplaying frozen staff members, who were locked in the meat locker(s).

Oh yeah. Mangar The Dark already mentioned it.

richard
3rd Jul 2003, 12:03
Did anyone else hear Jeeves letting loose(gaseous noxious fumes, farts for the confused ones) when walking about..., I howled at that..but wished Lara responded to it, calling him a pig and stuff.

frostyplatinum
3rd Jul 2003, 15:34
rofl. i remember that... it would go like this...
*lara walks by winston*
*poot*
*winston mumbles in delight*

Godfather
3rd Jul 2003, 16:15
Hey, remember that scene from The Matrix Reloaded where Neo fights all those Mr. Smith-clones? Imagine that but then with Lara Croft fighting dozens of Jeeves-butler clones. :D

Jay
3rd Jul 2003, 22:12
I haven't actually had the opportunity to buy the game yet, but from what I can gather from the movies, Lara can do some pretty kick-ass kung fu moves! Like the high kicks to those guards in the stealth level and so on... so a scene like you described wouldn't seem too out-of-place, Godfather!

I reckon that the next Tomb Raider movie needs some Matrix-style action to make it fit in more with this new AOD trilogy!

Scream 2
23rd Jul 2003, 20:13
Originally posted by Atreyu

what didnt the include that mansion they designed in those pictures in the game?...hmmm maybe for next time?

Notts Raider
25th Jul 2003, 18:56
Personally I would'nt want it back, rather have an extra level in the game, but I do see the need to have it as a trainer and should be kept seperate from the main game. Its annoying with TRLR and AOD being forced to go through it when you know what your doing.

nowalruses
26th Jul 2003, 02:18
Originally posted by Notts Raider
Personally I would'nt want it back, rather have an extra level in the game, but I do see the need to have it as a trainer and should be kept seperate from the main game. Its annoying with TRLR and AOD being forced to go through it when you know what your doing.

Really!!! Wasn't that training level in TRLR one of the most annoying things you've ever encountered?

CelticGoddess
28th Jul 2003, 22:48
I like the mansions too. there is one thing i never got to see in TR3. i heard there was supposed to be this go cart or quad that you could ride around the grounds. but at the time i had this sadistic ***** living with me who thought she was my mother and told me i couldn't play TR3 untill i finished TR2. i understand that there's a plot line but i like the later ones rather then the younger ones. if anyone has seen or used the cart can someone tell me how to find it?:confused:

larafan14
29th Jul 2003, 22:25
sure it's easy!!! go to lara's room where there's a piano or a tv then go to the stairs that are in the same room leading to another one you'll see a book shelf and one book that is on real graphics,press action and she'll turn it and the fire well be gone
climb it the visual side that seems like a stairs and do the rest!;)

CelticGoddess
31st Jul 2003, 14:15
COOL! Thanks!

jinhamasaki
5th Aug 2003, 03:37
Er....how can she return back to her mansion if its filled with police? She's still a suspect.

JunoJIm
5th Aug 2003, 03:45
Here's a thing I did when I was really into TR III a while ago, if you want to get into the

Quad Bike Track (http://junojim.homestead.com/Lara.html)

Although we are getting a little off the AOD subject, soo, I'm trying to kill that D@MN Boaz thing - what a pisser, but I have found the extra clip, and will keep trying...

Mike Hawthorne
5th Aug 2003, 06:06
I think they should included Lara's house in the next game and make it part of it.

Like they did at the end of Tomb Raider 2.

Only this time they could have the game start there.

Sort of like the first TR movie.

Maybe once you are finished with the assault course and enter the house the game starts and Lara is attacked in her home.

She has to use the secret passages and hidden cashes of weapons in the house to fight off bad guys come to steal something important to the plot that she has hidden in her museum in the basement.

After fighting them off she finds a note on one of the bodies describing the item that they were to steal and this starts her on a new adventure to find out why and who wanted it so badly. This of course will lead her to some exotic and dangerous locations where she will eventually find the true nature of the item and it’s importance to mister big.

She finishes him off and returns it to her basement.

Mike

Catsuit and Ponytail
5th Aug 2003, 10:45
I would enjoy Lara's place on the new engine. I always liked going there. I always felt safe before treading onwards to the adventures. It's a nice feature that I hope the powers that be bring back.

Leigh Croft
5th Aug 2003, 13:37
I would love to see what the developers could do to Croft Mannor with the new game engine. It would be great, especially with all of the extra stufff which they can now do. Croft Mannor will no longer be boxy and plain, it would be bloody marvellous! :D

jinhamasaki
5th Aug 2003, 19:41
Well...they could make a level of her in her house fighting the police off....

JunoJIm
6th Aug 2003, 03:32
There is a custom game - "Lara's Birthday" where she fights a bunch of thugs in and around her house...

Tomb_Raiding_Hobbit
6th Aug 2003, 12:17
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mangar The Dark
[B]the next TR product will not be a game, but rather a "software playhouse" in which you get to watch Lara walk around her house, change her outfits, sleep, eat, shower, comb her hair, and basically just carry on with everyday activities. It will include a text parser system so you can chat with her as she's doing these things.

WWOOOOWWW!!!!! This sounds soooo cool!! Is there a link that I could go to to read more about this???

Dani_Lover
8th Aug 2003, 02:50
I loved the mansion! It was great, my favorite idea so far is her having to break into it, if it was being held by the police as a crime scene or some place with lots of important evidence etc and she needed to break in to get an artifact or something. It would all be very cool. And as for the picture, I don't think that's her mansion, the landscaping looks all off, and if you watch the actual preview video that it came off I'm pretty sure the large building you see there is supposed to be the louvre. It was the first video footage ever released of AoD, while it was still called Tomb Raider: Next Generation, it should still be on gamespot somewhere, if your a GS complete member...
EVAN

Leigh Croft
12th Aug 2003, 14:07
I agree with Evan, the pic definately doesnt look like Croft Manor, it's definately somewhere in Paris, even the cops look like the ones from in the game.

death_stare
12th Aug 2003, 15:04
I had TR2 on the PC years ago, when i got stuck on th 40 fathoms level i just messed around in the house for hours,
you know the usual stuff... dive off stairs, lock butler in cupboard, attempt and fail to get on the roof. they should definetly bring back the house, perhaps with a hidden rocket launcher... that will tech that pesky jeeves... mwahaha.:D

xMovingPicturesx
15th Aug 2003, 23:53
I hate to say it but that pic isn't of Lara's Mansion..I remember seeing that part in the movie. It's of some part of the Lourve.

Lara's mansion wasn't that huge.

Black Angel
20th Aug 2003, 17:29
It has been a long time since any of us have revisited the hallows of Croft Manor, and many seem to have forgotten the true purpose of that decadent mansion. It was originally designed to provide a safe training ground in which the user could acquaint themselves with the finer points of Lara's control system. It was discarded when the developers believed that many Tomb Raider enthusiasts were sufficiently acquainted with Lara's control functions, and that her mansion was unnecessary. That was generally true up until recently. Lara's control system has just undergone a decisive overhaul and I believe that it is time for us to return to that safe environment in which user's can acquaint themselves to Lara's controls without much risk of bodily harm outside of doing a swan dive off of the stair case. Be it ever so opulent, there is no place like home.

Leigh Croft
20th Aug 2003, 22:23
Eeeeee bless! This thread has managed to hang on for SOOOOO long :p Every time I check back it manages to hold on to the front page :p Ok I need to lay off the booze and stop posting random posts! :p

Jewell
14th Sep 2003, 18:46
Originally posted by Omega_Weapon
I'd love to see her house on a modern console. They can even make it as part of the story and make her have to break into her own house to gather evidence or something.

OH! OH! *jumps up and down* That is SUCH a sweet idea!

stevihj
10th Jan 2005, 08:59
Hello all,

I am looking for plans for Lara's house. I design homes for Sims2 and there has been a request for Croft Manor. The requestor is looking for a home designed on the game not the movies, (which is good since they used two different houses for the movies). Does anyone know where I could find a complete plan of Lara's home?

Thank you for your time,

Stevi

PS - I liked the shoot of her home with the police at the front.

DesertRanger
10th Jan 2005, 10:38
i think its a bit better than the more hands on training we see in tr4 and AOD with mr von croy and the parisian back streets respectivly.

But why not expand on the idea and allow the player out of the mansion down the street and into a town or villiage to practise vehicles now we got the graphics we shudnt just be kept inside the mannor itself hows that for new idea?

well either that or i try and learn the level editor and creat the master piece of "Economy Raider" - laras shed :D jk :)

SethKoopa
10th Sep 2005, 17:16
I loved Lara's house. It was, for me, a place where you could just wander around when you didn't feel like playing the main game. So yes I want to see it back. Except Winston the butler - he always got in my way! I figured out a way to get rid of him - I lured him into the freezer, jumped over him and locked him in! Ha ha!

Of course, the house in TR1 wasn't special, really. But from TR2 onwards I love it.