PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Defiance

Stukedogg
5th Jun 2003, 14:15
If anyone was wondering, I just pre-ordered Defiance an ebgames.com and they said that it would be shipping out on 11/11/03. I think that would be a pretty clear indication of the release date.

NoobSaibot
5th Jun 2003, 16:23
Although I hope your correct, lest you not forget

Soul Reaver - delayed from January 1999 I think untill September 1999

Soul Reaver 2 - delayed from March 2001 until October 31, 2001

Blood Omen 2 - Delayed from November 2001 until March 2002

I hate to point this out, but it isn't a good track record. I will believe it when it is at home in my PS2.

Stukedogg
5th Jun 2003, 17:09
You might want to go checkout ebgames.com Because from the looks of things you can order right now. I'm hoping this is the first game that's not delayed.

The Amazing Rando
5th Jun 2003, 17:54
Yeah, but what they say doesn't matter just because it's around the time the game is *supposed* to be finished (around winter this year). I mean, hey, do I still get to go get my pre-ordered copy of Halo 2 in October?:p

Fifer
5th Jun 2003, 18:25
This far ahead, I would imagine that the date EBGames.com has is just an estimate anyway (based on some conversation with an Eidos rep.); not the official ship date released from Eidos' press dept.

As for me, I'm not going to be as concerned with getting the game "on time" as I am getting a complete game. I'd rather be annoyed at a late game that plays great than frustrated at one that's released on schedule but "buggy" as hell with only half the promised features.

Take your time, Eidos.

Umah Bloodomen
5th Jun 2003, 19:28
The IMDB reports this as a US release date. (http://us.imdb.com/ReleaseDates?0365432)

I am really in no rush to pre-order this (or any other title for that matter). I can find more constructive ways to spend my money until it's actually released. There's no sense subjecting myself to disappointment if/when the title is held back.

Preacher
5th Jun 2003, 21:39
I really wouldn't hold too much to the information on IMDB. Pretty much all of the stuff on that site (bar the more popular movies) is submitted by users. In fact, I was the one who submitted the information about Simon and Michael playing Raziel and Kain, with Amy writing and directing it. As for the release date, I think when I submitted the new title release I submitted that too. :-\ I'd like a November release, but I'm expecting a delay. On the other hand, Eidos might surprise their fan base and actually try and get it released on time.

Btw, I think I read the 28 November date in the PSM Defiance article.

Morte
5th Jun 2003, 22:39
I wonder if anyone pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever...

A fitting title, though.

Stukedogg
6th Jun 2003, 00:19
I just talked to the Electronics Boutique manager. And He says that the official date he has to recieve in his store is Nov. 4. I'm not saying that this won't change. Just hoping. But as of now that's what it is and what it will be until it changes.

The Amazing Rando
6th Jun 2003, 00:32
I agree totally with Fifer. I will wait untill I hear a release date from Eidos (most likely in a post from Chris) before I put any stock in what EB says. I will put even more stock in it when the game is actually relesed, as pointed out, Eidos' tentative release dates are not necessarily the most reliable. Note: You can add TR:Angel of Darkness to the list of LoK games, as I know they've been waiting for quite some time.

Anyway, I usually don't preorder, but I figured if Halo 2 does come out, great(tho I never really believed it would be out this year), and if not, I probably wouldn't have enough $ at the time it did come out. The release date the manager had for that game was in Oct., but that's changed too, so I wouldn't get my hopes up from what they say.

Esoteric
6th Jun 2003, 01:24
Well... I will mention what a few others have... I think it is a little early to be thinking any release date at this point is a final one. :)

So... sit back... relax... it will appear in stores eventually. :p

eclipse_reaver
6th Jun 2003, 05:22
Are there any goodies with preordering?
I preordered SR2 from EB, then found out on Halloween that EB didn't give away the CDs, only Eidos did. So I went home and called Eidos and long story short, I ended up with 2 SR2s (one is still wrapped till now :D )

Preacher
6th Jun 2003, 12:12
LOL! Pwnage.

Omega
7th Jun 2003, 23:53
Originally posted by Stukedogg
You might want to go checkout ebgames.com Because from the looks of things you can order right now. I'm hoping this is the first game that's not delayed.

Ebgames.com isn't official. Don't expect them to give you the actual release date until someone official does (even then, add on a few more weeks for CD to perfect it :)).

Edits
$49.99 for it?! Hell, thats just over £56 (UK)!!

I could get the PC and PS2 version for that!

Sarxis
8th Jun 2003, 17:45
I pre-ordered one game once, and it was late in shipping. More than once I've seen games get onto store shelves faster than the pre-orders are recieved.

So nein!