PDA

View Full Version : Scarygirl

LadyRaine
21st Sep 2012, 14:49
hi I purchaced Scarygirl on steam and when it goes to load the screen goes black and stays black

comp specs
i7 2670qm cpu 2.20 ghz
8 gb ram
Nvidia Geoforce GT 525M
DX 11

Vespedaska
28th Apr 2013, 00:05
Hey, I had recently purchased a copy of Scarygirl from the Square Enix shop. Everything went through and I got an email with the Steam code, however when I got to paste it in Steam, it results in an "Invalid Product Code" error. The code itself was in an XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format. (on the Steam pop-up where you enter in this code, it makes it seem that's not even an acceptable format? As in it's missing 4 digits?)

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue and would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on the matter. Thanks!

member_10251209
28th Apr 2013, 00:09
I'm having the exact same problem, same game and all. I've tried contacting both Steam and Square-Enix support with no response so far. The code should be 15 or 25 digits to work with Steam instead of the 16 given.

Vespedaska
28th Apr 2013, 00:14
Thanks for the reply! I have contacted Digital River with no response yet either. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this as I was really looking forward to playing this game!

gabaeba
28th Apr 2013, 00:58
I'm having the same issue, and the square site is a mess, i can't even find where i should contact them.

Vespedaska
28th Apr 2013, 01:33
I agree, the website is a little difficult to navigate. I was also looking for a way to contact Square Enix before I stumbled onto this forum.

EnemyAgent
28th Apr 2013, 01:48
Hey, I had recently purchased a copy of Scarygirl from the Square Enix shop. Everything went through and I got an email with the Steam code, however when I got to paste it in Steam, it results in an "Invalid Product Code" error. The code itself was in an XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format. (on the Steam pop-up where you enter in this code, it makes it seem that's not even an acceptable format? As in it's missing 4 digits?)

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue and would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on the matter. Thanks!

I got an invalid code for Scarygirl as well. Their store seems to be having some major problems right now.

Grimoire
28th Apr 2013, 02:38
[To reach the support site for the SQUARE ENIX GAME STORE/E-STORE, please visit [/url][url="http://www.findmyorder.com/"]www.findmyorder.com (http://www.findmyorder.com/) and log in.

If you require additional assistance with you order please contact Digital River directly via phone at 1-800-598-7450. ]

Vespedaska
28th Apr 2013, 03:30
Ok, so I tried to email Square Enix support using that link and I get a fatal error in which it "Can't create output"

Also, I just realized that you can use the (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) code Digital River sends you through email to register your game to your Square Enix profile. Perhaps this means they simply didn't send a Steam code at all? This is terribly confusing. I might try calling later today.

bfreire
28th Apr 2013, 09:17
I have the same problem with the game Order of War

Vespedaska
28th Apr 2013, 15:51
Just got a copy/paste email response from Square Enix, simply resending the same Steam code in which I had just said was invalid and didn't work.

novacain
28th Apr 2013, 18:07
Same issue here, except with Order of War. The key they provided was invalid. I filed a support ticket this morning with no response yet. Fairly frustrating!

Vespedaska
28th Apr 2013, 18:18
Still no response from Digital River as of yet either.

Vespedaska
28th Apr 2013, 18:23
And to reiterate, it appears as though we only got registration numbers, not actual Steam keys. I'm able to register the code I got on my Square Enix profile, but I still don't have a Steam key to actually play the game.

MRmiracle555
28th Apr 2013, 19:13
And to reiterate, it appears as though we only got registration numbers, not actual Steam keys. I'm able to register the code I got on my Square Enix profile, but I still don't have a Steam key to actually play the game.

Same here, if dont get any response i just report this to my credit card (first and last time i buy direct from square enix web -.-)

Vespedaska
28th Apr 2013, 19:31
It is indeed turning into the most frustrating $2.50 I've ever spent. lol.

xmarsbarsx
28th Apr 2013, 20:23
Yep, Order of War key doesn't work on Steam but registers on here. :(

Makpuodas
29th Apr 2013, 06:52
Same with TR:Underworld, 20digits key for registration, not the actual steam key(that are 15 or 25 digits, and rarely 17), frustrating, seems like support have no idea what they are doing, already got 2 responses no one them helped, waiting for 3 rd response. :/

Denonic
29th Apr 2013, 08:59
No go with Just Cause as well. Only bought coz of steam activation.

Vespedaska
29th Apr 2013, 17:19
I've requested a refund. I suppose let this be a warning to people.

xmarsbarsx
29th Apr 2013, 17:53
I'm going to give them another day or too before I request a refund too... this not nice :( I'm really hoping for a response so that they can redeem themselves... :(

Vespedaska
29th Apr 2013, 18:06
I just hope the refund isn't as difficult as the purchase. lol. I'm just happy I didn't spend much money.

novacain
29th Apr 2013, 18:22
I am going to give their support system a day or two grace period to get this resolved before I go for either a refund or a chargeback (if they don't refund). Regardless of how this sorts itself out, I too, am relieved I only spent a couple bucks. Not that much of a loss in the worst case scenario. However, in principle, this type of practice is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

Think twice folks!

Makpuodas
29th Apr 2013, 18:47
Its horrible, how can they advertise these games as steam games and then they dont even send a key for steam. Already contacted them 3 times explaining them clearly that key they gave me is not a standard steam key, even with screenshots, all they do is they send me link to techical support, and technical support tells me to contact for the wrong key issues, I contacted them last time, before asking for refund. Thats just ridiculous, I hope ill get my money back, or other at very least they could send a key for a different game that would work.

xmarsbarsx
29th Apr 2013, 19:14
I havn't even gotten a response yet for my ticket, all I got was a support receipt that was sent earlier today. You'd think they'd get the hint after many of us have requested support... :/

siwaffles23
29th Apr 2013, 22:02
Same here, they gave me teh activation code for just cause 2 for square enix instead of the steam one

siwaffles23
29th Apr 2013, 22:07
Guys for Just Cause 2 after you register the gaem to square enix check your email

There should be a new email with the code to activate for steam. It worked for me but maybe not for you so gl

novacain
29th Apr 2013, 23:49
The Order of War key that was provided to me worked as a registration for my Square Enix account. Steam continues to say the code is invalid. No other information is being provided to me. I received a reply to my support ticket that says they can't help me, and that this is the only code I am going to get because they cannot verify if it works or not. Then I was referred back to the same support page that I filed my original ticket under.

Completely and utterly unnacceptable. Shame on you Square Enix.

Vespedaska
30th Apr 2013, 00:37
Guys for Just Cause 2 after you register the gaem to square enix check your email

There should be a new email with the code to activate for steam. It worked for me but maybe not for you so gl

The game I purchased was Scarygirl. I've registered my game, but didn't get a second email containing any Steam keys.

Pacgame
30th Apr 2013, 01:10
I made an account just so I could get some cheap steam games. Now I'm not so sure of buying anything anymore :/

Vespedaska
30th Apr 2013, 01:17
It seems there are a select few games that are having this issue if my understanding is correct. I'd personally be quite wary from ordering anything on Square Enix again though. Certainly anything that claims to activate on Steam. I'm just hoping refunds aren't a hassle.

gabaeba
30th Apr 2013, 15:30
I got a refund really quick. About 1 hour later after the request.

Makpuodas
30th Apr 2013, 16:45
Asked for refund as well, after 4 times contacting support with detailed info, got no help whatsoever, very dissapointed.

novacain
30th Apr 2013, 16:55
Requesting a refund after a few mindnumbingly stupid exchanges with customer support. No response yet, but hopefully I get my money back quickly.

sickb0y
30th Apr 2013, 19:07
how are you guys getting the refund process, via email or phone?

sickb0y
30th Apr 2013, 19:23
how are you guys getting the refund process, via email or phone?

Guys I just call digital river and got a refund for scarygirl. If you're still having problems with this game or others do yourself a favor (and save yourself some headaches) and call them and get a refund. I ended up ordering 3 games and 2 work fine on steam (Hitman Absolution and sleeping dogs) but was giving the wrong type of key for scarygirl. Best of luck

Makpuodas
30th Apr 2013, 19:28
Absolution and Sleeping Dogs were always true steamwork titles, but some older games, not always were steamwork, only on some sites like GMG or amazon, so people thought it would be here as well.

sickb0y
30th Apr 2013, 20:52
Absolution and Sleeping Dogs were always true steamwork titles, but some older games, not always were steamwork, only on some sites like GMG or amazon, so people thought it would be here as well.

Square-Enix advertized scarygirl as a steamworks game, I check before I even made the decision of buying this game. Hell even the square-enix email receipt clearly gives you instructions of how to download the game via steam (the game is a few months old). I did get a support email after 2 days of waiting and was told to go to digitalriver and download the setup files, there is no setup files via digitalriver site, even if you look up your order number it just sends you back to steam to try to register the invalid keys. This is a big screwup on both square-enix and digitalriver

Makpuodas
30th Apr 2013, 21:17
Square-Enix advertized scarygirl as a steamworks game, I check before I even made the decision of buying this game. Hell even the square-enix email receipt clearly gives you instructions of how to download the game via steam (the game is a few months old). I did get a support email after 2 days of waiting and was told to go to digitalriver and download the setup files, there is no setup files via digitalriver site, even if you look up your order number it just sends you back to steam to try to register the invalid keys. This is a big screwup on both square-enix and digitalriver

Yep I know that they did advertized most of the games as steamworks game in SE store, even the ones that never was a steamwork games (like K&L1 or older TR games), thats why all the people here are upset because they cant activate their games, but Hitman and Sleeping Dogs were always steamwork games. Its just a little effort was put to SQ store or maybe just false advertizing, who knows.

Vespedaska
30th Apr 2013, 22:24
I'd be fine if it were a simple mistake such as it being labeled as a Steam game when it really isn't, but not only did we not get Steam keys, we didn't get anything that could possibly let us play the game in any form.

Pacgame
1st May 2013, 00:27
I made an account just so I could get some cheap steam games. Now I'm not so sure of buying anything anymore :/

Ok so I bought "Kane and Lynch: Dead Men" and I can confirm that I did get a cd key that registers on Steam. Maybe Square Enix isn't so bad after all. Best of luck to everyone who's having issues with redeeming games!

bitenca
1st May 2013, 12:01
What a shame a company like Square-Enix acting with such disrespect with their consumers.

I bought ScaryGirl and my Steam Code is invalid too.

The support does nothing to help me and the refund page does not work at all.

One great advice to Square-Enix:
Let sales with the professionals (Steam, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming, etc) and cares only about making games. It will be better for everyone.

provis@gmail.com
1st May 2013, 23:17
I saw this too late and now I am in the same boat as the rest of you.

my code doesn't redeem on steam.

MisterXYZ
4th May 2013, 01:22
Figured I'd say that I just got an email from Square earlier with a valid steam key for Order of War. The key they originally sent was the code to register here, not on steam. Still waiting on Scary Girl, though, hopefully they'll sort that out as well.

Vespedaska
4th May 2013, 04:21
Just saying, I got my refund without much hassle. Best of luck to those of you still holding out for the key, hope the issue is resolved soon.

Tarnicus
5th May 2013, 11:30
Wow I wish I'd read this thread earlier. I purchased 3 games, all of which were supposed to be usable on Steam and I did not recieve a valid code for Scary Girl(the other 2 worked fine). Given how long ago this thread was started, this is completely unacceptable! I will definitely not purchase anything from this site again and will recommend the same to everyone I know. The game should be removed from sale if this has been reported by so many people and nothing is done about it. Shameful business practise!

vitgar83
6th May 2013, 00:15
Hi,

I bought ScaryGirl and my Steam Code is invalid too.

My code doesn't redeem on Steam.

justmiike
11th May 2013, 00:17
That's right guys, I contacted support 6 times, gave me 3 different codes for Scarygirl and Just Cause and STILL didn't work on Steam.

I have now asked for a refund.

Disappointing service!!