PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Trailer music!!!

Chris@Crystal
28th May 2003, 22:53
Hey all,
Since there were a few threads asking what music was in the LOK-Defiance trailer, I thought I would start a new thread. The track is called "In The Crossfire" from Connect's "Nu Rock Muthas" library CD. You can check them out on www.connectmusic.com .
Enjoy!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

blincoln
28th May 2003, 23:45
Did I call this or what? =P

Thanks Chris, I think this is the second-most-asked question regarding Defiance (right after "will there be a PC version?!!!!").

Raz
28th May 2003, 23:47
Thankyou Chris! :D

blincoln
28th May 2003, 23:50
I wrote them an email to see if it's possible for individuals to buy these discs. I figure since it's a library CD it will probably be something like $200, but I'd like to get the official answer.

warpsavant
29th May 2003, 00:34
Finally. Now I can rest easy. :p :rolleyes:

Umah Bloodomen
29th May 2003, 01:29
Originally posted by blincoln
I wrote them an email to see if it's possible for individuals to buy these discs. I figure since it's a library CD it will probably be something like $200, but I'd like to get the official answer.

Buy me one too. :p :D

Much obliged, Chris! ;)

hippiechk
29th May 2003, 01:38
Excellent! Thanks Chris! You rock!

Twist Of Fate
29th May 2003, 01:57
and my day is complete, you rule man

latchk
29th May 2003, 05:21
I won't say rule...

But I can thank you!!!:p

Thanx!:D

blincoln
29th May 2003, 11:50
I got an official answer - as I sort of suspected, this disc is not available to the public =(.

At least we know who it's by. Thanks again for finding out, Chris!

Sayel
29th May 2003, 16:47
that's the same like those movie trailer musics. They really kick some butt, but normal mortals can't get them, only companies, who are functioning in film production.

The only advantage is you can listen to all the tracks they are offering in full length, but only streamed mono.

www.immediatemusic.com

check out the track "Redrum", many of you will know it. :)

Lady Kreliana
29th May 2003, 18:17
Awesome, thanks Chris.

X-Sabre
29th May 2003, 18:34
thanks Chris.

Epsillion
29th May 2003, 23:58
I checked out redrum and it sounds so familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. What is it from?

ZelenGangrel
30th May 2003, 05:55
Hey Chris:

Since the people did the song arent selling to the public, would there be anyway to include this song on the sound track? That would make everyone happy I'm sure.

:cool:

Sayel
30th May 2003, 17:11
Originally posted by Epsillion
I checked out redrum and it sounds so familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. What is it from?

it is played in the "The Mummy Returns" and "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" Trailers

Chris@Crystal
30th May 2003, 17:52
Hey there,
Well if there will be a soundtrack for LOK: Defiance, we'll see if we can get this song on there. I have not heard anything official about a soundtrack as of yet, we are just getting the game together at this point.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

ZelenGangrel
31st May 2003, 00:21
Well, actually I meant the soundtrack in the Extras like last time. Since you told us there will be extras.

But if you make a seperate CD, that's cool too.

Later

c0ld0ne
14th Jun 2003, 00:07
Is it just me or where the hell on www.connectmusic.com can you stream all of their music?

All I see is a Flash animation which says "Garage Punk", "Impossibly Cool", and 2 others, but when you click on that "album" as the picture looks like, it just shows a picture, doesnt actually bring me to a place where i can sample more music?

Is my Flash ****ed up or am I just stupid and blind? heh, anyone help plz :)

Cold

c0ld0ne
14th Jun 2003, 01:25
Almost forgot....

Since it seems the trailer music cannot be found in pristine CD quality, the best version is the one available in the E3 Trailer. I enhanced the song through some filters so it sounds a bit more CD quality-like.

Also, a new release came out from Type O Negative which I think might be used in the next Kain game because of the track's title (Kane's Theme and Previously Unreleased).

I uploaded both of these songs to a webpage I made just for new LoK music :)

http://www.angelfire.com/ex/new_lok_music/LoK_Defiance_Trailer_-_Connect_-_In_the_Crossfire__Enhanced_Version.mp3

http://www.angelfire.com/ex/new_lok_music/Type_O_Negative_-_Out_of_the_Fire__Kanes_Theme__Prev_Unreleased.mp3

Enjoy! In the future I might add a html file to the site and link all of the songs I add there if and when i find more new LoK related music.

/Cold

ZeNeR
14th Jun 2003, 08:09
Originally posted by c0ld0ne
Also, a new release came out from Type O Negative which I think might be used in the next Kain game because of the track's title (Kane's Theme and Previously Unreleased).

I doubt your words. It's already been confirmed that Kurt Harland and co will make the music for Defiance. And it's Kain not Kane. More likely it will be a new theme for a certain WWE actor, called Kane. ;)

c0ld0ne
14th Jun 2003, 09:20
Bleh, did a Google and your right. Its for WWF fighter Kane... damn. that sux, even tho it could fit Kain's evil setting too heh.

Well sorry about that info then, its still a good song though

/Cold

KainSyndrome101
19th Jun 2003, 02:42
One question: Where and how do I get the song?

Please help.:(

punkst4r
20th Jun 2003, 04:05
This music is great!!:) :D

KainSyndrome101
20th Jun 2003, 07:08
I'm sure it is, but how do I get "In the Crossfire"!!!!????:confused:

Omega
7th Sep 2003, 16:19
Just noticed your post KainSyndrome whilst tracking this thread down for my site.

To clarify:

This song is not available to the public to buy.

KainSyndrome101
7th Sep 2003, 18:23
I kinda know that now, but thanks for reminding me.:)

It still pisses me off that we can't listen to the full version though. This song is also on the show "X-Play." It plays when the credits roll every time.

devouredsoul
27th Aug 2004, 06:47
This was probably already asked about but does anyone know how I can get the music from the Defiance Trailer. I believe that it was called "In the Crossfire" or something like that. I have looked everywhere but can't find anything on it at all. I have noticed that the ending theme to x-play uses it but they wouldn't tell me what the song was called or anything. Any information will be appriciated, thanks.

Damita Jo
27th Aug 2004, 08:34
Long live google :D

http://www.legacyofkain.net/defiance/prerelease_info.php

devouredsoul
28th Aug 2004, 02:03
Thank you very much.

Zendra
10th Sep 2004, 16:58
Uh. Maybe it is me. But where can I get it? I clicked does links and I never could download them. And the site on Connect is really weird. I can't get any more information about their music.

reach
5th Nov 2004, 05:18
Which trailer are you talking about because there are six, I just one to know where the music of the first trailer, trailer #1 came from. If anyone know please tell me. I registered here a long time ago looking for this song and Today I started looking for it again and forgot that I registered here and I am determined to find it this time. I found the trailer at gamestop but I still dont know the song

Matthew Danvers
5th Nov 2004, 20:44
Originally posted by reach
Which trailer are you talking about because there are six, I just one to know where the music of the first trailer, trailer #1 came from. If anyone know please tell me. I registered here a long time ago looking for this song and Today I started looking for it again and forgot that I registered here and I am determined to find it this time. I found the trailer at gamestop but I still dont know the song

Hi there, reach. :)

This thread was indeed originally made to clarify where they got the music for the one you are interested in, the first trailer.

Chris mentioned the makers, the name of the song and the album.

Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
Hey all,
Since there were a few threads asking what music was in the LOK-Defiance trailer, I thought I would start a new thread. The track is called "In The Crossfire" from Connect's "Nu Rock Muthas" library CD. You can check them out on www.connectmusic.com .
Enjoy!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Unfortunately, we can't get the song, as Omega stated. :(

Originally posted by Omega
Just noticed your post KainSyndrome whilst tracking this thread down for my site.

To clarify:

This song is not available to the public to buy.

Sorry. :(

That song still rocks, though. :)

- Matt

Gezgin
9th Mar 2006, 14:10
"nu rock muthas " "in the crossfire " ...ı m can not find... please help me.....pleaseeeeeeee!

Umah Bloodomen
9th Mar 2006, 15:46
"nu rock muthas " "in the crossfire " ...ı m can not find... please help me.....pleaseeeeeeee!

Had you actually read more of this thread than the artist and title, you'd know that the song is not available for public distribution.

Gezgin
9th Mar 2006, 18:28
MOD EDIT: URL removed
its all right ! don't smile! :p

Umah Bloodomen
10th Mar 2006, 03:15
its all right ! don't smile! :p

That's alright, I do; each and every time I get to use my mighty BANSWORD on individuals like you. :D