PDA

View Full Version : Tenative LOKD Cast listing...

Umah Bloodomen
28th May 2003, 01:44
For all of you who enjoy questioning if Simon Templeman and Michael Bell (at least) will be returning for the latest installment,
Kindly tattoo this to your hand. (http://us.imdb.com/Credits?0365432)

Also, I'd keep tabs on this later to see if and when (and for that matter, who) they add to the list later on.

Riovanes
28th May 2003, 01:49
Okay, folks, kindly re-bleat after me:

"We will read this thread, click the link, and see the information Umah has posted. And verily, we shall remember it, and not continue to ask the same inane questions time and again after they have already been answered because of our own failure to check other threads instead of filling up forum space by posting a question whose answer is already years old."

"Oh, and if my name is not Riovanes, then I smell like poo."

<Edit: Grammar>

BAH!!!

Umah Bloodomen
28th May 2003, 01:54
And while we're on the subject of *properly retaining information*, Also take note of this tentative US release date. (http://us.imdb.com/ReleaseDates?0365432)

EDIT: Spelling correction.

Reaver of Souls
28th May 2003, 02:02
I smell like poo? I don't apreciate that.. but that may explain why everyone has been avoiding me lately, or maybe that's just because of me being me... :p :rolleyes:

Umah Bloodomen
28th May 2003, 02:04
**chuckles** Don't worry, Reaver. I brought my handy-dandy clothespin 3000. I can't smell anything. :p

Riovanes
28th May 2003, 02:06
Hmmm... Guess I'd better go find an adapter for these, seeing as I'll be in England in a week and a half...

*trundles off, hoping no one notices that his own butt has been sheared due to his 10% sheepleness*

BAH!!!

Reaver of Souls
28th May 2003, 02:40
Yay for the handy-dandy Clothespin 3000! Now people will like me again...I hope..:rolleyes:

Unless you are planning on parading around in the nude soon Rio, I don't think you need to worry that someone will see. However you never know who is watching.... :eek: *coughcoughSandpaperSallycoughcough*

dangerizer
28th May 2003, 15:50
That was a rather obvious thing no surprises there.

Riovanes
28th May 2003, 17:34
Originally posted by dangerizer
That was a rather obvious thing no surprises there.

Then why were there...

*counts*

No less than 4 threads questioning this same "obvious thing," and several posts in the "Ask the Butterfly Lord" thread? Clearly you're giving people too much credit, saying that the obvious should be obvious.;)

BAH!!!

fneh
28th May 2003, 18:16
Originally posted by Riovanes
Then why were there...

*counts*

No less than 4 threads questioning this same "obvious thing," and several posts in the "Ask the Butterfly Lord" thread? Clearly you're giving people too much credit, saying that the obvious should be obvious.;)

BAH!!!

That's true. usually around here people only believe something if thet get to ask the question and see the answer appear instead of just reading one of the many times it's already been asked and answered

Dylan
29th May 2003, 01:46
However probable it might be, I'm still very thankful to the fact Mr. Templeman and Mr. Bell will be part of the legend once more.

They are both heroes in their own right.

Umah Bloodomen
29th May 2003, 01:48
Originally posted by Dylan
However probable it might be, I'm still very thankful to the fact Mr. Templeman and Mr. Bell will be part of the legend once more.

They are both heroes in their own right.

I will second this notion, my friend. :)

It's good to know that an actor is willing to stick with a series. It makes the games that much more *comfortable*, IMO.

Riovanes
29th May 2003, 02:19
It's a paycheck. I'd whore my voice out for money too.

Besides, there's no real major moral qualms to be had with this series - except for the overall effect of BO2 maybe - so why in God's name would either of them leave what is essentially a sweet deal?

BAH!!!

Umah Bloodomen
29th May 2003, 02:22
It's a paycheck. I'd whore my voice out for money too.

Just your voice, eh? **chuckles**
:p

Riovanes
29th May 2003, 02:23
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Just your voice, eh? **chuckles**

Hey, if you've got five bucks... :p

BAH!!!

Umah Bloodomen
29th May 2003, 02:25

BAH!!!

Yeah, but I'd rather buy a pack of smokes with it. :D

Funny, because I don't smoke. Hahhahahah!

Riovanes
29th May 2003, 02:26
C'mon - I'm saving for my first tattoo and everything...

Besides, you could always close your eyes and pretend it was someone else. I'll even bring earplugs.

BAH!!!

Sarxis
29th May 2003, 07:11
This thread continues its downward spiral into the abyss! Ahhhh! ;)

The_Hylden
30th May 2003, 22:17
Talk about coming in on the wrong end of a conversation!:p

ZelenGangrel
30th May 2003, 23:58
Man I love that site,

Would have never figured Michael Bell and Richard Doyle did voices for Eternal Darkness.

Umah Bloodomen
31st May 2003, 00:27
Michael Bell also voices some Transformers. How nifty is that? :p

madcdcd
31st May 2003, 00:58
Transformers nothing- this guy was grouchy smurf! Way cool!

I keep forgetting that Michael Bell is older than Simon Templeton. I keep looking at the characters and forget the voice actors.

That site is great info- Thanx Umah.

The Amazing Rando
31st May 2003, 01:05
Originally posted by madcdcd
Michael Bell is older than Simon Templeton. I keep looking at the characters and forget the voice actors.

Really, I didn't know that Mr. Templeton was a voice actor for LoK. Then again, I don't know who Templeton is at all.

Now Simon Templeman on the other hand. . .

Apocrypha Roxy
31st May 2003, 01:31
Just your voice, eh? **chuckles** :p

BAH!!!

-waves 5$ bill in the air-

Do I still have the opportunity to see that sheared tush anytime in the near future? :D :p

(this is the running joke that never ends... :D)

Riovanes
31st May 2003, 02:01
*wiggles his hairless bum*

BAH!!!

madcdcd
31st May 2003, 02:10
:o Sorry Rando, sometimes the spelling, she not so good, eh?

The Amazing Rando
31st May 2003, 02:10
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
(this is the running joke that never ends... )

I think it's time that this running joke stop for a drink. It's past due to give it a rest, so can we end this now, or at least keep it out of so many different threads.

EDIT:
Originally posted by madcdcd
:o Sorry Rio, sometimes the spelling, she not so good, eh?

C'mon now, Rio and I can't be *that* interchangeable. I know we both can be jackasses, but I'm my own jackass dangit. *pouts* j/k

EDIT 2: Thanks ;)

Umah Bloodomen
31st May 2003, 02:15
Originally posted by The Amazing Rando
Really, I didn't know that Mr. Templeton was a voice actor for LoK. Then again, I don't know who Templeton is at all.

Now Simon Templeman on the other hand. . .

Templeton is the rat from Charlotte's Web. Sheesh, keep up on this will you? :p

madcdcd
31st May 2003, 02:16
C'mon now, Rio and I can't be *that* interchangeable. I know we both can be jackasses, but I'm my own jackass dangit. *pouts* j/k

:eek: Jeez, gimme a chance to fix my screw ups already. This old heap of a computer can only go so fast with the mice running on the power wheel at full tilt! I can't edit that fast!

The Amazing Rando
31st May 2003, 02:18
Templeton is the rat from Charlotte's Web. Sheesh, keep up on this will you? :p

Sorry, I always spent my time playing NES to have extra for something stupid like books. Show's how much of a gamer you are. :rolleyes: lol

Umah Bloodomen
31st May 2003, 02:20
Sorry, I always spent my time playing NES to have extra for something stupid like books. Show's how much of a gamer you are. :rolleyes: lol

Who needs books when you have cartoons? :D

madcdcd
31st May 2003, 02:26
Sometimes books are your only choice- like when you don't have cable or satelite.
Sometimes books are better- Lord of the rings, anyone?
:)

Reaver of Souls
31st May 2003, 02:59
Books are good, for instance, the Clifford series! Lol. :D

Rio: If you are going to wiggle that, can you not do it in public please? Being an ass is one thing, showing it is just too much. :p

Apocrypha Roxy: If I know Sandpaper Sally, and I don't, then I'm thinkin she is not backing down for her life, so get ready to fight against the dirtiest she-hobo you've ever seen! (Be careful as to not directly touch her, fighting her in a bio-hazardous material withstanding suit is highly recommended, as Sally has not washed in well over 30 years.)

The_Hylden
31st May 2003, 03:08
Never denounce the power of books, they are, and have been through history a constant of gaining information and inspiring imagination. Writing itself, what do you think we're doing now, writing our thoughts, the basis of dictation. Creating thoughts, transcribing them to words to be interpreted by people in vastly similar and dissimilar ways.

Games also take the imagination to it's limits in their own right, don't get me wrong, as I am a hard core gamer. My bank account can attest to this.:rolleyes:

Umah Bloodomen
31st May 2003, 03:34
Clifford rocks!

The_Hylden
31st May 2003, 03:42
Ha ha ha, I get it. :p

I was only making a statement, reguardless.

The Amazing Rando
31st May 2003, 05:10
To put it mildly and in few words: Yes, I do get that impression.

Dylan
1st Jun 2003, 07:58
Just about every cool voice actor ever worked on Transformers. Transformers rules!

ZelenGangrel
1st Jun 2003, 15:03
Yeah, Transformers did rule, too bad you cant find reruns being played anywhere.

All we have is the stupid anime one they put on CN.

madcdcd
1st Jun 2003, 23:41
I caught an episode on sat. morning a few months ago- some weird new "beast wars" crap. All CG. Miss the old ones. My favorite was Jazz- the white porsche 911 voiced by Scatman Caruthers.

(Sorry Rando if I spelled that wrong also.)

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Jun 2003, 00:22
Originally posted by ZelenGangrel
Yeah, Transformers did rule, too bad you cant find reruns being played anywhere.

All we have is the stupid anime one they put on CN.

Stupid is such an understatement. LOL. I watched that and the new X-cartoon last week or so and thought they both were a bit on the overly-hokey side. :D

Apocrypha Roxy
2nd Jun 2003, 01:30
Last night, I watched the X-Men cartoon on CN. Caught it in the middle, it was... I dunno... they didn't have Nightcrawler in the episode, so I didn't care much for it...

I remember Charlotte's Web! That book was awesome! 3rd Grade... brings back some unpleasant memories... :eek:

As for books, I'd better get back to my HW... Toni Morrison awaits...

Sorry, Rando, no more 'tush' jokes... :)

RIO! Put that away!

Riovanes
2nd Jun 2003, 02:13
Originally posted by The Hylden
Never denounce the power of books, they are, and have been through history a constant of gaining information and inspiring imagination. Writing itself, what do you think we're doing now, writing our thoughts, the basis of dictation. Creating thoughts, transcribing them to words to be interpreted by people in vastly similar and dissimilar ways.

Games also take the imagination to it's limits in their own right, don't get me wrong, as I am a hard core gamer. My bank account can attest to this.:rolleyes:

Okay, Hylden, this is going to sound REALLY MEAN, but I don't mean it in that particular way - I'm just trying to save you some embarassment down the road.

In a conversation, or when posting or similarly writing something down, avoid using words that you are not completely familiar with the meanings of. Grammatical use, as well as appropriate word choice in a sentence, are integral to what most people refer to as "intelligent" communication - and since you've already expressed a desire in another thread to be eloquent, then I am lead to believe that is a goal you strive for in all of your writings. However, it is not wise to reach for the stars when you haven't quite managed the kitchen cupboards yet, if you get my drift.

As an example - "the basis of dictation." The basis of dictation is the spoken word, not the written - dictation is the act of speaking words to a person that you mean for them to take down. If you are dictating a letter, for instance, then you are speaking the message you wish to have written, while someone else writes or types it down for you - this is standard practice in many major companies and firms these days. Dictation actually comes from the root "dictate," which then extends itself to "dictator," "dictatorial," and, of course, "dictation." Dictate as the root is indicative of "command," or "instruct," and for that reason, it has little to do with writing, and everything to do with giving direction - again, improper usage is going to get you into trouble.

Additionally, it's not exactly the smartest thing in the world to always attempt to write in an elevated tone. I admit that I do it alot - hell, ask half the people around here and they'll tell you I'm an arrogant jackass - the other half will tell you I'm just a goof. Be that as it may, I will post rants, raves, and other nonsensical material just as often as I will attempt to speak in elevated terms - but that just comes from being an angsty English major.

So really, Hylden, do yourself a favor - don't use words or sentence forms until you are familiar with them - especially if you are trying to impress people with your intellect - nothing makes you look ignorant faster than when people know you're trying to sound intelligent, and then you misuse the very words that were supposed to prop up your vaunted mental prowess. It will save you a lot of time and embarassment - trust me on this.

BAH!!!

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Jun 2003, 02:40
Additionally, it's not exactly the smartest thing in the world to always attempt to write in an elevated tone. I admit that I do it alot - hell, ask half the people around here and they'll tell you I'm an arrogant jackass - the other half will tell you I'm just a goof. Be that as it may, I will post rants, raves, and other nonsensical material just as often as I will attempt to speak in elevated terms - but that just comes from being an angsty English major.

This coming from someone who totally blew the definition of anarchy. :rolleyes: :p :D ;)

The Amazing Rando
2nd Jun 2003, 05:13
And who was unsure of the meaning of didn't (or was it don't):p :D

Dylan
2nd Jun 2003, 05:35
I like X-Men: Evolution, fantastic art style and super voices. Nightcrawler is great!

The first Transformers series was indeed the coolest (mostly because of nostalgia though). The movie's fun too.

Beast Wars was nicely written but poor graphical quality.
Beast Machines was really dark and moody, but repetitive and small-casted.
Robots in Disguise is just hilarious, and has some good characters.
Armada is pretty much bad so far.

If anyone is interested in downloading Transformers episodes, check out this DirectConnect hub:

http://www.iaconhub.com/

And if you're looking for a place to talk about those wicked robots, come over to http://www.transfans.com/board.htm !

[/intermezzo]

Riovanes
2nd Jun 2003, 13:11
This coming from someone who totally blew the definition of anarchy. :rolleyes: :p :D ;)

Actually, I went back and looked again. Your dictionary definition of anarchy, while correct, is outdated as far as governmental theory is concerned. According to the three most current textbooks I could lay hands on, Anarchy is defined separately as either a.) unfocused government without central power, b.) government with the entirety of its power, structure, and rights vested in the body of the people as a whole, or c.) a nebulous system of controls without distinct definition, or consistent pattern of reasoning - i.e., similar to chaos.

So, yeah, while I didn't get the current definition right verbatim (which I think I might've admitted to... and if I didn't, then I'm just a jackass), I was still close. So... um... NYAH!!!:p

Bleh... I can't believe I actually went back to campus to find that crap - I've been out of school for a month now, and I studied because of YOU, Umah... You bum, waking up my personal pride like that... You know my ego can't take things like that without getting all pissy and such...;)

Anyhow, the current dictionary definition of anarchy is still closer to what governmental theory textbooks define as chaos than what I've been working with in class - so I suppose either way is correct - I've just got my head stuck up my ass in terms of preferring what my professors tell me over what I see in a dictionary.

God... I'm such a nerd.

BAH!!!

God Exiled
2nd Jun 2003, 19:08
is it just me or do you too think that Simon Templeton himself has kinda a wicked face (the photo on, where, LoK official site I guess, the one in which Simon has a dramatic looking) and even resembles Kain in the face a little?

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Jun 2003, 20:13
Rio, quit grasping at straws. Of course a textbook and a professor is going to apply more logic to a term which is in fact rather vague and can be interpreted in multiple ways. (God forbid the human animal think and reason and do it on their own. That would disrupt the laziness factor). :rolleyes:

It's nice to see you contradict yourself though. First the term is outdated, then it's correct. (How does this work exactly?) I never denied that it wasn't chaotic, however, calling it a form of government when government is actually absent is a bit absurd. Throw your textbook crap on the table, the definitions still point to an absence of actual government.

In regards to Simon Templeman, if you think that image is *wicked* You should see a few from the episode of Charmed he was in. (And coincidentally played Death).

Apocrypha Roxy
2nd Jun 2003, 20:33
I've never watched Charmed.... but... where can I find those shots of him?

Hey, if Kain or Raz are on TV, I'll watch it.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Jun 2003, 20:45
I watched it back during the first season, and not every episode. (As I don't watch a lot of television anyway).

The episode was in season 3 and called Death Takes A Halliwell. I haven't seen it myself, but checked it out when I was looking at Simon's IMDB page last year. Just type that title in a search engine and you will come up with more pictures. I only have one. (And it's the better shots of the rest I've seen). There isn't a whole lot of them.

http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/simonshannen.jpg

Riovanes
3rd Jun 2003, 13:50
Rio, quit grasping at straws. Of course a textbook and a professor is going to apply more logic to a term which is in fact rather vague and can be interpreted in multiple ways. (God forbid the human animal think and reason and do it on their own. That would disrupt the laziness factor). :rolleyes:

It's nice to see you contradict yourself though. First the term is outdated, then it's correct. (How does this work exactly?) I never denied that it wasn't chaotic, however, calling it a form of government when government is actually absent is a bit absurd. Throw your textbook crap on the table, the definitions still point to an absence of actual government.

*crawls away, defeated in spirit, if not in the letter of the thing*

BAH!!!

ZelenGangrel
3rd Jun 2003, 16:41
I saw those eps, I love Simon as Death. The character resembled Kain in its dialect and manurisums (sp) The calmness of the character very much reflected Kain in SR2. Those are my favorite episodes of Charmed, and not just because of him being in them, but because of the explanation of death from his own mouth.

The Amazing Rando
4th Jun 2003, 14:44
The episode was in season 3 and called Death Takes A Halliwell. I haven't seen it myself, but checked it out when I was looking at Simon's IMDB page last year. Just type that title in a search engine and you will come up with more pictures. I only have one. (And it's the better shots of the rest I've seen). There isn't a whole lot of them.

Freaky, I never watched the show, but it was on an hour ago and I took a brief look, and it turned out to be this episode (judging by the pic). It was okey, but I'm not real big into the rest of the episode, just his parts. He had a pretty good line, as Shannon Doehrty's (sp) character called him, and he showed up (this is probably where the pic is from, when they're on the beach).

*disclaimer, this could be slightly off, as I only saw it once, but it's at least 85% correct. :)

Well, come on. I don't have all day. There's people, and they definately don't have all day.

And he doesn't play the character of death, he plays the angel of death. Small difference, but big enough to make me wonder about SR2's extra features. Maybe Simon had just gotten the gig, which is why Bell said he took his unique ressurection. This only applies if I remember the quote from the EG correctly. "Become my Soul Reaver, my Angel of Death.";)

Apocrypha Roxy
4th Jun 2003, 20:05
That would be deliciously ironic!

The quote's cute, too. I can imagine Kain saying that. Well, he DID, but - oh, nevermind.

'C'mon, Raziel, hurry up and get impaled by the Reaver so I can rip it out of you and cause a fatal paradox - we don't have all day. There's HYLDEN, and they definately don't have all day!'

Dylan
6th Jun 2003, 19:31
Mr. Templeman is currently on dutch tv! In a series called 'The Agency'. Awesome!

Embla
8th Jun 2003, 08:28
The Agency is coming to Norway aswell. Next Friday. So I wondered:
Is Simon Templeman one of the regular actors, or does he just appear in some of the episodes?

Azazel
9th Jun 2003, 13:54
Tony Jay has been added to the list.

Preacher
9th Jun 2003, 17:31
Yep, I submitted him a few days ago. He's confirmed because he was in the Defiance article and Amy said all the originals would be returning.

The Amazing Rando
9th Jun 2003, 17:41
Why didn't you submit the others then, like Moeb, Ariel, Janos, etc? You have to know that they're gonna be in it (tho there's a slight chance Raz won't raise Janos, but then someone else prob will).