PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bored yet?

DrkSnpr14
27th May 2003, 14:55
We despiretly need some new post subjects. :o

e_mcgoey
27th May 2003, 17:02
It's no-one's fault, really - we've talked about just about everything, I guess. But your point is a good one.

Hank Nova
27th May 2003, 17:30
Originally posted by e_mcgoey
we've talked about just about everything

twice

spanks
27th May 2003, 21:12
Originally posted by e_mcgoey
we've talked about just about everything Online map exchange couldv'e solved that. :(

Reaperbot
28th May 2003, 03:49
If only TS2 was online. Then there would be more topics!

Capt_Snow
28th May 2003, 08:20
Maybe we should search for as many EASTER EGGS as posible
Im startin to move towards a Vice City forum

tangers75
28th May 2003, 09:37
Don't forget there's the Timesplitters Community Chat where you can talk about almost anything you like. Within reason obviously. If someone fired up a Vice City thread I'd definitely contribute. Top game that one!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=19

digit
29th May 2003, 19:22
Well, I think if Free Radical gave more attention to their fans then they would be spitting out more stuff for us to talk about. I used to be on the Metroid Database message board and Nintendo was always working up some kind of topic.

Reaperbot
30th May 2003, 08:42
Well Free Radical will hopefully end the TS2 Mapmaking contest and release these maps on demo discs! Then we'll have something to talk about!!!!!!:D

gretal mkIII
10th Jun 2003, 17:51
Whats this about a map contest and demo disk? I've never heard about it but then again i'm "only an egg" as michel would say.:confused:

ex-ion
30th Jun 2003, 22:50
ditto, where is this competition exactly- and how do you enter?

Muskrat
1st Jul 2003, 00:31
Actually, if you're looking for some 'serious competitiion' when it comes to TS2, check out :

http://pub20.ezboard.com/bperfectdarkelite

This site has forums for Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, and TimeSplitters 2....and some SERIOUSLY insane 'high scores' (or 'low times', depending on the 'mission').

VeGa
4th Jul 2003, 03:54
im currently working on a TimeSplitters2 Map Community Site for GameCube mainly, but you need the USB adapter that AB showed me <a href="http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=78&products_id=2359&"> Here. </a> Its like $40 or so, but it should be worth it if enough people get into it. Ill post more info on this once the site is more developed.

spanks
4th Jul 2003, 15:09
Originally posted by VeGa
im currently working on a TimeSplitters2 Map Community Site for GameCube mainly, but you need the USB adapter that AB showed me <a href="http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=78&products_id=2359&"> Here. </a> Its like $40 or so, but it should be worth it if enough people get into it. Ill post more info on this once the site is more developed. You should try to do something with Tim R. He already has downloads for sharkport, x-port. (see top post)

Also, it would be really great if someone could figure out how to convert between xbox, ps2 and gc map file formats. If that was done, I'm sure we could get a decent sized community.

VeGa
4th Jul 2003, 16:50
that would be quite cool, but since each system has its own unique operating system compared to the others, i think writing a program to translate the data when you dont know what format the OS reads would be near impossible. but if i get a file of each format ill try regardless cause that would be cool. I might expand the site to support XBox and PS2 map files aswell. Does anyone know what file extensions go with each system?

spanks
4th Jul 2003, 17:38
Originally posted by VeGa
that would be quite cool, but since each system has its own unique operating system compared to the others, i think writing a program to translate the data when you dont know what format the OS reads would be near impossible. but if i get a file of each format ill try regardless cause that would be cool. I might expand the site to support XBox and PS2 map files aswell. Does anyone know what file extensions go with each system? I honestly have no idea what format/filetype is used for the map files. However given that they are very small, you can bet that they are basically just a listing of the tile numbers, orientations, and placements along with item placement and such. The TS2 software must then compile and render the environment based on that "listing" information. As such, I'll bet the mapfiles are 95% identical for each console. The only difference would likely be in the formatting that is required to make them compatible with each system's storage medium.

You might want to ask Tim R your question either in his thread or on his site. It might also be worth e-mailing FR to see if someone could be convinced to write a small mapfile format translator application (for PC). My guess is that it wouldn't be too complicated (especially for the right person at FR.)

VeGa
5th Jul 2003, 20:25
i basically figured that for the map file, so once i get my USB link, and an example of the other files i was gonna see how they compare, and if i cannot do it myself i would turn to FR