PDA

View Full Version : Big trouble for installing the game, need help from those who very good in computer

Valzara
27th May 2003, 14:20
For those who know how or experience in this problem before, I really need you guys' help.

I got a copy of SR from my game (I lost my SR1 CD for a long time, now finally I found one of my friend who have it). That is a very poor quality CD (recorderable CD). When I install the game, it show some error at the haft way installation :

catastrophic failure.
an istallation support file couln't be install.

Then after I chack my comp, it shows a Eidos Interactive catogary there, I can't uninstall it because the installation is not completed. When I try to 'force' it to uninstall by using control panel, it shown the same error and I can't install it.

Then, I simply deleted a whole Eidos' folder from my program file, and then re-install the SR1. But in the option panel shows I already install the SR1, and when I click 'play' it shows :

There was an error launching the game.

What should I do? PLease tell me some solution to deals with this problem. I really don't want to re-format my hard disk again( I just did it last week).

P/S : In my control panel/add/remove program still shows the SR1 installation. (can't be removed!!!)

:( :( :( :( :(

CyCro
27th May 2003, 15:06
Hi, get this program http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/programs/RegCleaner.exe , install it and run it. In the 'Software' section, locate and select SR 1 and remove it (be careful not to delete any other entries). Do the same in the 'Uninstall menu' section. Now try to install the game again. You can also run an automatic registry cleanup if you go to Tools>Registry Cleanup>Do them all. By the way, what is your Windows version? I don't think it will install on XP/2K...

blincoln
27th May 2003, 17:39
The data on the disc is probably corrupt. If you used a non-pirated version of the game, that would be a lot less likely =).

Chris@Crystal
27th May 2003, 18:48
Threads about illegal software are not acceptable in the Eidos forums. I will be deleting this thread shortly.
Thanks.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics