PDA

View Full Version : Cinematics?

NightChyld
27th May 2003, 02:49
Just gathering some thoughts on what the forum thinks.

Do you think that Defiance will have more in the lines of stunning visual cinematics (i.e. SR2 Begining/ SR1 Begining) or mostly the game engine style which is seen mostly throughout SR1 and SR2. Personally, I would rather enjoy a full helping of the visually rich cinematics (although such may not be practical), which I found to be one of BO1's best features. I'm just a sucker for the great cinematics and would love to see a major return. What do you think?

KainSyndrome101
27th May 2003, 03:16
The only thing I'm hoping for in terms of cinematics is that - PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - have the ending be an FMV, like the beginning of SR1 and SR2! Not that the endings of SR1/SR2 weren't spectacular, but I want this one to be something special. Please C.D., please?

I hope they stick Ozar Midrashim in there somewhere too.

Valzara
27th May 2003, 03:21
Exactly, man. That's why I'm a bit dissapoint about the ending movie for SR and SR2. They shoud special make a CG animation for it.

However, what technology they used to make the movie, the quality of intro movie for SR and SR2 looks like Diablo 2's level.
I think they can include more visual element inside the cinematics rather than only telling the story.;)

Secrets Of Nosgoth
27th May 2003, 05:31
What was really bizarre was in BO2 they had the stunning ending, but all of the cutscenes prior just used the same boring real-time graphics. I would have loved to see more of it. I guess it wouldn' t have mattered as much if it wasn't such a giant difference in graphical quality. It went from craptacular lipsyncing and mediocre graphics to one of the best cutscenes I've seen in an ending.

I'm sure they'll make the ending completely CG. But I just want to see more CG scenes in the game, not just the ending.

Though I think I read on this forum they plan on making the cutscenes real-time graphics.

blincoln
27th May 2003, 06:54
While I like FMV intro and outro animations, it's really not practical to make FMVs of the quality you're talking about in large quantities.

If you play through Diablo II or Warcraft III, you'll notice that there's only like 4 of them. The reason there aren't more is that it took as long to make that handful of cinematics as it did to make the rest of those games - Blizzard has FMV teams working in parallel with the game people.

SteveCarll81
27th May 2003, 18:21
i kinda thought the way they did the cutscenes in sr2 were kool. the way the characters lips matched their words was a nice touch as well. i hope they do the cutscens like hey did in sr2.

Matthew
27th May 2003, 19:11
Making all cinematics FMV's would be nice eye candy, but then You should know if that happens then we'd get our hands on LOK-D sometime in 2007. ;)

Anyway, as seen in the screenies, they're already past that phase and we can't change that. So what? SR2's cut-scenes we're out of this world and I'd be more than happy if they did the cinematics in LOK-D the same way they made them for SR2. :) Lip-to-lip and full facial expressions are something You don't see in every game.

Now, the intro will most deffinately be a FMV. Not so sure about the outro though, but it would be utterly cool if they did it FMV, too (as in BO2, but looonger). :)

- Matthew

NightChyld
29th May 2003, 02:40
When it comes to eye-candy, I'm such a sweet tooth.

And you all are right. The game wouldn't come out until 2007 if they had alot of cut scenes. Probably why they didn't have one for the SR2 ending (which I was deeply disappointed in). Lord knows that game was delayed enough without adding more to the wait with a great FMV to wrap it up. But as long as the story remains of the highest quality (as is expected from CD) then the real-time cut scense will do me just fine. I'm just spoiled from the BO1 Dark Diary. You know, for a game that was made in 1996 (correct me if I'm wrong) it had some pretty amazing cut scenes, IMO.

chinese-soul-eater
29th May 2003, 02:59
yea yea wad up fellow clan mates havent seen yall in a while
i would prefer if they had alot of FMV's but thats gonna take a lonnnnng time to do
was up oldies
umah
warp
blinc
etc.

fneh
29th May 2003, 11:53
well there's only 20 or so people working on the game isn't there? That's next to nothing compared to a lot of games. As much as I enjoy my FMV I'd be willing to settle for just an intro one. It would mean the game itself would be bigger. A CG ending would take AGES to do, and while it would be all pretty and amazing I'd rather an in game one and have an extra hour of gameplay or something.....just. A CG ending that wraps up the story would be AMAZING.

talk about tough decisions.....exctra length on the game to play.....sexy ending movie......TOO MUCH PRESSURE!!!

KoolKat_EF
29th May 2003, 19:02
Dunno bout all cut-scenes being FMV, that would take too long, but I would certainly like to see a little more FMV's than were in the previous games.

I loved the previous SR games, but I think they would have been even better, near perfect with a few more FMVs, or at least more than one in each.

Btw, I second you on the Ozar Midrish theme, Kainsyndrome001.

God Exiled
1st Jun 2003, 11:02
sure I'd die to see more FMVs *as well as many other ingame cutscenes*, but if they'll stick with the ingame along the game except intro/outro, then CD people! please give more attention to the anatomy, please! It really looks disturbing when you're watching a cutscene, for instance with Moebius who has awful big and deformed looking hands, similar issues with human models..

Also, FMVs in BO1 is such motivating, makes you want to play without any hiatus. And they did tell the story greatly with the music, in a dramatic atmospher, which made me even more immersed in playing the game.