PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think you'll play as longer.

brotherturel
26th May 2003, 15:51
Im going with Raziel. Kain is probaly all about the fighting Raziel not only fights but probably reasons with more people. I hope there will be alot of cutscenes bosses and climatic storylines for this game.

Matthew
26th May 2003, 16:30
Not sure what did You mean, but actually, the game is divided into chapters and You can't choose the characters.

- Matthew

fneh
26th May 2003, 18:34
I think we'll get raziel more for the following reasons:

Kain is going to be overpowered hopefully and have a ton of dark gifts that make him pracically unstoppable in a fight

Raziel has more to learn

raziel is the main character. It WAS originally his game remember. Kain has just been made playable in it

Raziel will have more abilities to learn. we need to learn how to shift again, we need to develop his telepathy too

Raziel will also have more puzzles. Shifting to spectral, being able to pass through gates and swim give him more varied puzzles than kain could have (BO2 find the lever anyone?)

We know kain will also has reaver enhancements so there's every chance they'll both get a similar amount of play time

Sarah
26th May 2003, 19:31
Actually, Defiance is no longer "Soul Reaver", it is simply "Legacy of Kain"; it is a tale of both Kain and Raziel, not necessarily one over the other. I was going to say that as Defiance is LoK, not SR, this would qualify as a Kain story...and yet-the impetus of a legacy does not necessarily have to be an active character in an installment of the ongoing legacy, in order for that tale to remain inside the saga, true?
I think chapters will be divided up evenly between Kain and Raziel-and while we may not play as one character in a chapter, we can certainly run across them in the course of said chapter.

Sorry-I think I got too much sun this morning....

Blade2642
26th May 2003, 19:34
I think that we will play roughly as much with Raz as with Kain or slightly more with Raz...

punkst4r
8th Jun 2003, 01:47
I hope that the game is really long because since they're gonna changing, it will seem shorter for each side.

Do you think they will get to fight eachother at some point? during cinematics

Saitou
12th Jun 2003, 07:04
As much as I like Raz in all his soul devouring and dimension shifting goodness being able to play as the master in his highly evolved state of uber brokeness is something i cant possibly wait for...well i can wait but my excitement is too much to bear...Just do me a favor and tell them Kain is coming.

(Post Script: I guess i would like to have more time to play as Kain;) but since we will have as much time as we would like exploring the areas we will be in. I think its up to the player who they spend more time playing as.)

§ycavier
12th Jun 2003, 13:13
I think that I'll and up playing alot more with Raziel. Simply because he is my favorite of the two. :D

Also i think that exploring will be much more interesting with Raz than with Kain. since Raz has wings and kain does not, and Raz is alot more curious, since he has so much to learn where as kain already knows so much.

El Arrecho
12th Jun 2003, 18:40
Both of them have a story to tell.........

Zephonim
12th Jun 2003, 18:50
I dont really care what length of time u get as both as long as we get it in November :D :D
And i garauntee the lenght of time we have to wait on the game is gonna be a hell of a lot longer than the time u get on Kain or Raz

only when you have felt the full gravity of choice should you dare question my judgement : Raziel meets Kain

Omega
12th Jun 2003, 22:51
I think it'll be about the same, I mean... well, I don't know why. But it'd be unfair for Kain fans (or Raziel fans) to see more of the other.

Evelin The Winged
13th Jun 2003, 16:39
Originally posted by brotherturel
Im going with Raziel. Kain is probaly all about the fighting Raziel not only fights but probably reasons with more people.

Actually, Raziel will be more 'evil' in this game.

Saitou
14th Jun 2003, 03:37
Originally posted by Evelin The Winged
Actually, Raziel will be more 'evil' in this game.

I woudnt say more evil, though I noticed you put quotations around evil. Raz has been through alot and through it all he has kept a pretty good sense of humor about it all, "thus" I dont think he will be evil just alittle less reasoning.

Umah Bloodomen
14th Jun 2003, 04:03
How about he's going to be a bit more on the vindictive side than we've witnessed in the past, and its going to be directed towards a certain squid and his little time-streaming minion.

Saitou
14th Jun 2003, 11:59
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
How about he's going to be a bit more on the vindictive side than we've witnessed in the past, and its going to be directed towards a certain squid and his little time-streaming minion.

I would say just a little bit.;) Nosgoth only knows that squiddy and moeby deserve it.

Vampmaster
14th Jun 2003, 15:16
I think it will go like this: Raz will face the weakest enemies at the start of the game, then by the end of the game Raz will be fighting stronger ones. Kain will start the game fighting the ones that Raz only gets to fight near the end of the game and by the end of the game Kain will be pit against creatures as godlike in power as he is. I also think that if the elemental reavers are in it Raz will be as powerful as Kain, but only against one type of enemy as he can only have one element at a time. Then when he get's the spirit reaver it's like having all of them at once and then he's caught up with Kain by then.

BTW I don't think Raz will be evil exactly, just in a permant bad mood.

ZeNeR
14th Jun 2003, 17:34
Originally posted by Vampmaster
BTW I don't think Raz will be evil exactly, just in a permant bad mood.

Hey, you stole my words. ;)

I also think, that Raziel ain't more evil than he used to be. He is only angry and pissed off because he is feeling to be a puppet whose strings are constantly pulled by many manipulators.

punkst4r
20th Jun 2003, 04:17
I hope we play as Kain longer because we missed a lot that happened with him alone through out the SR series.

kain to raziel
27th Jun 2003, 06:57
I am pulling for equal time for both since they are both so interesting in their own way but maybe that poll eidos asked awhile ago on the UK section about who would you rather play with Kain or Raz might be the deciding factor. If I remember right Kain won kinda decisively.:rolleyes:

dogofwar
27th Jun 2003, 17:46
i think well play as kain more because it is some thing people have wanted to since soul reaver 1. it's demi-god kain not bo2 kain.

garbagefanuk
27th Jun 2003, 20:05
It will probably be about the same time, on games like this with 2 main characters u can't spend more time on 1 person because people will complain about not enough time with the other :) and i don't think that just because Kain has more time on the trailer that it will be more him... Its probably because more of the Kain version is finished than Raziel but who knows :)