PDA

View Full Version : Has the E3 TRAILER MUSIC been uncovered yet?

c0ld0ne
25th May 2003, 23:01
I have been searching for this song since the trailer came out because it is so damn cool!

It sounds most definately to be some band not to do with the game because of the real instrumental quality to it (such that game produced music usually does NOT have).

So I am really hoping this is a cut from a longer song by some wicked band which I do not know of yet!

As for people thinking this song is from Linkin Park or Adema, I took a little time the other day and got every linkin park/adema album, rare song, remix, everything, and it is not either of those two bands although it does sound like them.

The reason I wonder why in the holy Hell this song is still not known yet is because isnt a company required to CREDIT the use of song in a trailer? Yet the trailer or Crystal Dynamics seems to not know who put the music in their own trailer -- which I find pretty funny ;)

Anyways, if someone finally finds out who/what the song is, please reply to this and tell us all!,

Cold0ne

(Sorry if there have been 100 posts about the music before this one but I wasnt gonna reply to all of them to say I actually checked out Linkin Park/Adema and found its not from them)

blincoln
25th May 2003, 23:36
If they don't know, it's probably because the trailer was made by another company under contract.

I mention this in the most recent update on my site, but I don't think it was by a band. I think it was by an individual musician. The entire thing is loop-based, and could easily have been built up using loop CDs, a sampled guitar solo, and possibly a sequenced synth-bass line. It *does* have a studio sheen to it, so I think it's someone with a lot of experience or professional training.

I would bet a shiny quarter that even if we do find out who did it, it's not going to be someone who you can buy the CDs of, because they just do contract work.

fneh
26th May 2003, 11:36
you sure it's not new adema stuff?

hmm.. I'll try to think of other bands it could be..........

I suppose it's possible it's lostprophets stuff that isn't released yet but I'd be suprised. IT sounds much more like adema to me than anything else.

I can't thin kof anything else in with turntables right now, sorry. You'll just have to sit patiently and wait for an answer from chris

fneh
26th May 2003, 11:38
Originally posted by blincoln
If they don't know, it's probably because the trailer was made by another company under contract.

I would bet a shiny quarter that even if we do find out who did it, it's not going to be someone who you can buy the CDs of, because they just do contract work.

Yeah, most likely you're right. I wouldn't expect many nu metal bands to put music to a trailer without them getting lyrics included or at least credited at the end of the trailer

Omega
26th May 2003, 17:53
Lost Prophets?! Your joking right?

Thats too heavy for them.

It does however have a Linkin Park feel to it (although thats probably the DJ scratchings).

I do love the song, and would love to (if it exists) hear the full version :)

fneh
26th May 2003, 18:24
It's not too heavy for lostprophets at all. And they have supposedly been working on a new album.There's every possibility it's from that. of course it probably isn't. I was sure it was adema when I first heard it.

c0ld0ne
27th May 2003, 01:56
Well I guess the song could be a well done jingle made for this trailer... so a full version may not exist.

Also since the song is possibly just made for the trailer, it is in pretty low quality in the video, so i put it through a filter and now it has a higher, more realistic quality to it.

I uploaded this enhanced MP3 here:
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/tehfunny2/Legacy_of_Kain_Defiance_Theme.mp3

I attempted to mix it with a few Linkin Park/Adema songs but unfortunately none of their songs sound close enough to this tune to do a good edit/mix. Oh well. Just put this MP3 on repeat and enjoy ;)

I still hope the song's title or creator emerges somewhere,

Cold

Chris@Crystal
27th May 2003, 18:58
Hey,
I'm still waiting on info about the song in the LOK: Defiance trailer. As soon as I get the info I will post it here. :)
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Xyline
24th Jun 2003, 06:18
It sounds a lot like the music during the credits at the end of X-Play on TechTV (It's not worth sitting through that show just to hear ;) ).

Riovanes
24th Jun 2003, 16:59
Hmmm... Xyline raises a good point about the show - but then, is anything on Tech TV really worth sitting through? I remember when I used to get excited about the gaming show...

BAH!!!

The Amazing Rando
24th Jun 2003, 17:36
bleh, I'll only have it on when there's nothing else. I never thought that the hosts could get worse, but they found a way. And the guy (Adam?) is good at absolutely no games, or maybe platformers. That's pretty pathetic for cohost of a show about games.

Chris@Crystal
24th Jun 2003, 19:24
Hey there,
In case you missed the other thread I started about the E3 trailer music, here it is again:

Since there were a few threads asking what music was in the LOK-Defiance trailer, I thought I would start a new thread. The track is called "In The Crossfire" from Connect's "Nu Rock Muthas" library CD. You can check them out on www.connectmusic.com .
Enjoy!

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

The_Immortal
24th Jun 2003, 20:56
Hi there, it´s my 1st post in this forum. but I´ve been around for quite some time.
I have a question regarding that song on the defiance movie.

Actally is more about it´s style: Is that music style going to replace the old gothic/epic music style, or was that just on ordinary song chosen fo fill the background?

Regards,

ooO The Immortal Ooo

Chris@Crystal
24th Jun 2003, 23:31
Hi there Immortal,
Welcome to the posting world. :)
The song for the Defiance trailer was added by the marketing people or who ever made the trailer. As far as the game music goes, the Audio/Video crew here at Crystal Dynamics are in the process of putting together the music. I have not heard any of it yet, but chances it will be on along the same style as the previous Soul Reaver games. When I get the chance to hear some of it, I will post more info.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

KainSyndrome101
25th Jun 2003, 03:13
Chris, do you know if there's any way to actually listen to the full song "In the Crossfire"? I can't seem to find it on the webpage.

blincoln
25th Jun 2003, 05:11
I'm sure the only way to get the full song is to buy the library CD, which non-professionals can't do.

ZelenGangrel
26th Jun 2003, 18:36
Knowledge is power and Blincoln rules the world.

Simple, no?

Umah Bloodomen
26th Jun 2003, 19:40
Originally posted by ZelenGangrel
Knowledge is power and Blincoln rules the world.

Simple, no?

Quite. :p

ZelenGangrel
26th Jun 2003, 23:16
You know, the more I listen to it, the more I swear this song has been used in like a game trailer for Mega man.

Maybe I'm just losing my mind.

:D